Guns test-fired in Okfuskee Co.- Looking for .40-caliber handgun

He said they've got a lot of information that they just don't want the public to have. I wish Oklahoma had a sunshine law like Florida. This case might already be solved!

:(

You must have a tremendous amount of self-discipline to speak with one of them and not ask a million questions. From your conversation, did you get a feel for the agent's opinion as to a solution? Still "solvable"? Were your own feelings (which I pay a lot of attention to) reinforced, or have they changed in light of that conversation? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, XPA! Unfortunately, the agent I talked to is no longer on the case. There is only one agent working on the case now, and many of the locals don't care for him, because he used to be an Okfuskee deputy. I'm afraid I made a disparaging remark, which is unlike me, and that did not get us off to a very good start.

:(

One of our other members is going to call and see if she can find out more about the shell casings.

I believe it will be solved, XPA. Just a feeling!

A complete bullet from each gun used in these killings has been recovered, and so can be matched with bullets test fired from those same guns if they are ever found. However, bullet cases will often yield fingerprints. because to load a semi auto without leaving fingerprints requires the loader to wear gloves.

Does anyone know of cases being recovered? Being that at least 1 semi automatic was used, if not both, therefore, if no cases were recovered it says a couple of possible things.

1. The killers were so cool that after killing these girls on a public road, in broad day light, they took the time to pick up every single case scattered during this crime. Remember this was a public road, many shots were fired, and while not much traveled by outsiders, this road does see quite a bit of local traffic. The killers had to be quite concerned that someone would come along any second.

2. They were not killed on that exact spot but somewhere slightly different.

So, my question is, where are the cases? Were cases recovered? Were there fingerprints found if cases were recovered.

http://www.bluesheepdog.com/

New Fingerprint Technology for Cartridge Cases and BulletsNovember 22nd, 2008 ·
A new technology has been developed in the United Kingdom that would allow police labs to pull finger prints from metallic cartridges, bullets, and even shrapnel from bombs.

Forensic technique ‘among the best’

State-of-the-art forensic techniques to find fingerprints on bullets has been named as one of this year’s top inventions.

Dr John Bond, scientific support manager at Northamptonshire Police, developed the technique which has made it into Time Magazine’s top 50 inventions of 2008.

Dr Bond, also an Honorary Research Fellow at the University of Leicester’s Forensic Research Centre, said they had already used the technique to find prints in crimes where other methods had failed.

The scientific breakthrough, announced earlier this year, detects where sweat has corroded metal on bullets, even where it has been wiped off.

Dr Bond said they had found the method worked well on certain metals including brass - often used for bullet casings.

I wonder if OSBI is aware of this testing? I wonder if we even have this testing available in Oklahoma?

K4kathy, I was making a comment to your statement about "dripping sweat."
Even if the killer/s were wearing long sleeved shirts(Regardless,we don't know if the POI seen wearing a long sleeved shirt is the killer),it wouldn't prevent sweat from dripping from their upper body (forehead,etc).High humidity levels also cause the skin to secrete more oils/sebin(sp) which results in more distinquished prints as well as leaving better traces of DNA.This is why I feel like there was DNA left at the crime scene.

I don't understand what you mean.

K4kathy, please don't think I was doubting your statement about the sweat. I wasn't. It is a very good observation. What I meant was, who in their right mind would be wearing long sleeves on such a hot day.

Sorry if I confused you.

K4kathy, please don't think I was doubting your statement about the sweat. I wasn't. It is a very good observation. What I meant was, who in their right mind would be wearing long sleeves on such a hot day.

Sorry if I confused you.
No problem!!!:)Sometimes my choice of words to express myself really suck.I think I sometimes come across the wrong way.I really need to work on this!
Also,I wanted to tell all of the WSer's here that it's so great to see so many people here who won't allow the victims of this horrible murder to be forgotten.How I wish Taylor and Skyla could get some media attention,to keep their senseless murders fresh in the publics mind.

The police are the ones who could discuss the case and get some media attention, but they sit there quietly hoping it will all go away.(my opinion)I hope this is not being covered up because the perpertrators may have connections.

K4kathy, please don't think I was doubting your statement about the sweat. I wasn't. It is a very good observation.
What I meant was, who in their right mind would be wearing long sleeves on such a hot day.

Sorry if I confused you.

Little726....Could the POI's long sleeve shirt be a clue about him?

1. Why wasn't his sleeves rolled up?
2. Could he have been handling something like hay or straw?
3. Could he have been in weeds or bushes or working that day?
4. Did he have tatoo's?

A couple of things. Since they've been brought up by more than one person, I'm not going to quote anyone.

The smaller gun: It is very likely a .22 caliber. In the autopsy reports the smaller caliber bullets are described as copper coated, not jacketed. This is an important distinction. The only bullets that I can think of that are commonly copper coated are .22 rimfires. I won't absolutely swear there are no others, but I can't think of any others I've seen copper coated.

DNA at the scene: We don't know what evidence, besides the .40 caliber cases, might have been left at the scene by the killers. Some possibles.
Cigarette butts.
Marijuana roach.
Other type drug paraphernalia.
Bits of food.
Small articles of clothing like a handkerchief or sweatband.
And probably a bunch of other stuff I haven't thought of.

4. Did he have tatoo's?

I don't know, Mysterylover. It's just strange to me that he would be wearing long sleeves.

4. Did he have tatoo's?
Some people who work in the hot sun wear long sleeve shirts.My former neighbor who was an old farmer told me the reason he did was to keep the sun off his skin,which kept him cooler in the heat.

Here is a news clip from NG's cold cases in November that talks about bullet casings.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/11/11/grace.coldcase.oklahoma/index.html

At the crime scene, police found bullet shell casings, DNA and footprints, which are still being analyzed by the crime lab. Investigators are trying to trace the origin of the bullets in hopes of identifying a weapon, said Jessica Brown of the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office.

Some people who work in the hot sun wear long sleeve shirts.My former neighbor who was an old farmer told me the reason he did was to keep the sun off his skin,which kept him cooler in the heat.

I think this is an excellent line of questioning...
My first thought was id.. Jail House / or other Tattoos.. some people have what is called a sleeve.. where their arm is covered with tattoos.

ETA:
Sorry I didn;t see the last ?? # 4
4. Did he have tatoo's?

Just a thought on the sleeves - some religions don't allow men to wear anything but long sleeves - pentecostal, holliness etc. I doubt the people involved were highly religious or anything obviously - but that just popped in my mind when I read about the sleeve thing - not sure why- like I said, just a thought.

I think this is the best explanation yet of the long sleeves. If someone murders 2 girls in broad daylight, not sure if they'd care much about short sleeves or long sleeves. Long sleeves also prevent getting sunburn. Not sure if the POI is the culprit or not.. personally i think the shooter(s) may be local young people..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back