Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
just posting piccies I haven't seen before regarding the 2008 divorce:

In 2008, Mr Shacknai called police claiming his wife had tried to choke him - then half an hour later she called saying she had been attacked by the family dog, and blamed it on her husband.

In a statement to police, she said: 'Jonah is the CEO of a large pharmaceutical corporation. He is very clever and very powerful.

Please note this article indicates Maxie fell down the stairs, while other articles indicate he fell "from the stairwell".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lent-marriage-ex-wife-Dina.html#ixzz1SbFRg1EG

Mel

Does Dina look way different in the red outfit photos than the others? Interesting they say in the red outfit photos they couldn't find anything - what were they taking pictures for there? Eh, at any rate, usually you get an idea that one spouse is the more abusive one, but I can't tell in this case and I've read several articles. It sounds like there are some pretty serious charges they made against each other of physical abuse altogether. Making a statement that tries to lessen that doesn't help in my opinion, they'd be better off leaving it alone and to quit making joint statements. I think it is looking odd since they are no longer married and since the girlfriend died some gruesome death on the property.

Wow somehow I missed these close up photos. Another thing that caught my attention is that it looks like the broken leg is there under the table. I saw where they took the table out with a leg missing.

The table is located directly under the small balcony ... which happens to be a shallow balcony with metal railing. My thought was the brother looked across from the guest house and saw her....and quickly grabbed a table to get her down.

That balcony is located on the second level, right above the main kitchen of the house. Maybe he was heading into the house to get to the main kitchen when he saw her...

Yeah, I missed these too previously. Her arms are not to be seen. Must be behind her back bound. Legs are def not bound, but something is on them.

I'm confused. In these photos, she is definitely NOT face down. When were these taken?

It's a variety of undated photos.
Melanie just posted 3 images (not as clear as these), and it looks like they moved the body. There were helo's buzzing all day, so there's probably thousands out there.

They didn't remove the body til late afternoon, and evidence (table) the next day. So what you see isn't necessary how they found her or the position of the table.

I don't think it's online only. More like a University of Phoenix - actual locations and online. Not Harvard though. But hey.

Yeah, agree... they seemed to have had their share of lawsuits if you look at Wiki.

The home and the grounds of that estate must have been extensively covered by a video monitoring security system.

If that system has been "scrubbed", then this is a murder by someone who could arrange the destruction*of evidence.

If the system backup is intact, the truth is right there.

I hope we find out soon about the security at the house.

thanks, obmama!

Those are the best pics I've seen.

I notice that there is something blue around her neck and the end looks "cut" to me.

Also, she is face up, not down. Wonder when these pics were taken?

Before or after EMS arrived?

Helo's were hovering over the place all day, must be thousands of photos taken. Having no idea, what this story would become, I hardly paid attention to news updates, thinking how tacky of them to show images of a naked dead woman on TV.

HYPOTHETICALLY, IF a young boy, along with say his older teenaged half-sister, decided to do the new fad of “planking” on the upper banister in a grand staircase and he fell onto a hanging chandelier below and both the boy and chandelier went crashing down on to a table below and onto the carpeted floor [which spells big giant foolish devastating ACCIDENT to me], what would cause both the hypothetical surviving family and hypothetical police departments from recounting exactly what happened?

What hypothetical sinister addition to my hypothetical would warrant police and family keeping mum on the details?

Also, would one hypothetical child have been taking pictures of the other while they were planking?

Would their hypothetical adult caretaker be taking pictures while the two young ones were planking?

Forgive me, I'm new to planking.

The Arizona Republic reported that after they separated, Dina Shacknai kept a home of her own at the Coronado estate, and Jonah Shacknai lived in main mansion with Zahau.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...man-hanging-coronado-california-mystery_n.htm

Oh!

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

The whole family was there for the summer??????

This story keeps getting weirder and weirder (hopes that a word!!)....and something mentioned earlier.....no house hold staff??????

The Arizona Republic reported that after they separated, Dina Shacknai kept a home of her own at the Coronado estate, and Jonah Shacknai lived in main mansion with Zahau.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation...man-hanging-coronado-california-mystery_n.htm

Oh!

From the USA Today article in Carrington's link:

Jonah Shacknai was in San Diego County when her body was found, Frank said. "We're not disclosing where he was staying ," he added.

Why would he have been staying anywhere other than home or at the hospital with his dying son? Was he staying at a hotel? Is the hospital in San Diego County?

Helo's were hovering over the place all day, must be thousands of photos taken. Having no idea, what this story would become, I hardly paid attention to news updates, thinking how tacky of them to show images of a naked dead woman on TV.

I feel bad for her family seeing theses photo. we can only pray they have not seen them. :(

Re: Max' death

In the video at the following site, it's mentioned that a chandelier was involved in Max' fall.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/coronado-mansion-death?redirected=true

And farther down in the article, an Update says the fall was near the staircase.

<snip>

THIS IS A STORY UPDATE. For an earlier story, read below.

CORONADO, Calif. (CBS8) -- The Shacknai family confirmed Sunday the death of their 6-year-old son Max Shacknai. The boy had been hospitalized since Monday after falling near the stairway in his father's home in Coronado.

Oh!

Goofily quoted by USA Today when they pulled it from AZ Republic.

From Azcentral and substantiated by at least one San Diego station that has video images of her separate home (on G Ave), a few blocks away from Jonah's mansion on Ocean Blvd. It's not part of his "estate." She apparently also got their primary home in AZ in the divorce.

The couple often vacationed at the Spreckels Mansion, their palatial home in Coronado. When they separated, Dina kept a home of her own there [in Coronado] and Jonah lived in the original home with Zahau.​

http://www.azcentral.com/business/articles/2011/07/18/20110718shacknai-police-reports.html

in other words, she bought her own home in Coronado when they separated. Would certainly make it easier to share custody of their son, if that was the arrangement. Their divorce records from AZ are sealed.

Yeah, I missed these too previously. Her arms are not to be seen. Must be behind her back bound. Legs are def not bound, but something is on them.
I disagree.
Her legs appear to be bound with the same orange cord that is around her neck.

Her Body could have hit the table then bounced to the ground. I would think that it would have been difficult to cut her down. Sometimes dogs have a good
sense about them. I am wondering if DS could have done this..woman stole her man..she may be blaming her for sons death.. He had no reason to kill her. She was just a g-friend not a wife. He could have made her leave the mansion. would like to see knots used to bind hands and feet.

From the USA Today article in Carrington's link:

Why would he have been staying anywhere other than home or at the hospital with his dying son? Was he staying at a hotel? Is the hospital in San Diego County?

The hospital is in San Diego County. With his son being in such dire condition, maybe he was staying at the Ronald McDonald House (which is on the main campus of the hospital).

The hospital is within easy driving distance to Mission Valley and the area known as Hotel Circle. So a hotel isn't out of the question.

Still, I would think it most likely he was at the ICU or Ronald McDonald House, so if so, why all the secrecy regarding his whereabouts?

Her Body could have hit the table then bounced to the ground. I would think that it would have been difficult to cut her down. Sometimes dogs have a good
sense about them. I am wondering if DS could have done this..woman stole her man..she may be blaming her for sons death.. He had no reason to kill her. She was just a g-friend not a wife. He could have made her leave the mansion. would like to see knots used to bind hands and feet.

Me too - I think the cords will hold dna, and the knots may have sealed the dna/fingerprints even better. She wasn't found with gloves on, so she either tied those ropes, or someone else did. If her fingerprints are not on them, I'm going to be highly suspicious. Fibers on the rope is important too -- where did it come from? LE will also be able to tell by the knots if she did them herself, or if someone else did it (don't know how, but I guess they can recreate the scenario).

MOO

Mel

I personally think table was stood on by the brother who cut her down.

They took the table to confirm his story and to measure the lenth of the cord agaisnt his height and position so they can see if he really cut her down. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288