**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I was wondering a day or so ago, was whether Luka murdered one person around the time he posted online about snuff films, and then murdered Jun Lin a couple weeks later, at that point splicing footage of both murders together. Does that seem feasible to anyone who has watched the video? Maybe he found a bidder after the first video who wanted a body part as evidence, and so had to make another film and keep the body that time.

Having no experience with video editing software, I can only tell you that a google search for the best free video editing software 2012, might help you to sort it out.

But, yeah, I've considered whether everything he's done in the past decade or so has been done with the ultimate goal of being a notorious serial killer. He might have researched ways to evade detection, hence the discrepancies in the video.

It's interesting that people are finding descrepancies with the video (i.e. disappearing wounds, ties around LM's wrists, the darker coloured hand). Why would LM edit the video this way? We know he was handy with editing photographs. I'm wondering if he thought it would confuse LE and make a conviction more difficult? After all, LM did think himself pretty crafty (even though we all know now that he's not).

One thing other thing I've been wondering - how long would it take someone to do this kind of editing? I just have trouble imagining LM sitting in his apartment with JL's body parts scattered around, meticulously editing video. And does anyone know what program he might have used?

Is this the camera strap or something from the hoodie he was wearing? You see this item swinging in and out of view as the camera is moved around.

I am not sure where that image was from. You can see the camera strap in a few places. Whe I get back to my notes (not with me) I will post at what points you see it in the vid.

What I was wondering a day or so ago, was whether Luka murdered one person around the time he posted online about snuff films, and then murdered Jun Lin a couple weeks later, at that point splicing footage of both murders together. Does that seem feasible to anyone who has watched the video? Maybe he found a bidder after the first video who wanted a body part as evidence, and so had to make another film and keep the body that time.

Having no experience with video editing software, I can only tell you that a google search for the best free video editing software 2012, might help you to sort it out.

But, yeah, I've considered whether everything he's done in the past decade or so has been done with the ultimate goal of being a notorious serial killer. He might have researched ways to evade detection, hence the discrepancies in the video.

To me, it's for sure only one victim. I'm not sure if anyone else sees any different but personally I think it's always the same person.

It's interesting that people are finding descrepancies with the video (i.e. disappearing wounds, ties around LM's wrists, the darker coloured hand). Why would LM edit the video this way? We know he was handy with editing photographs. I'm wondering if he thought it would confuse LE and make a conviction more difficult? After all, LM did think himself pretty crafty (even though we all know now that he's not).

One thing other thing I've been wondering - how long would it take someone to do this kind of editing? I just have trouble imagining LM sitting in his apartment with JL's body parts scattered around, meticulously editing video. And does anyone know what program he might have used?

I have made a few short type films like you are talking about. in fact my 12 year old showed me how to do it..depending on your computer everyone probably already has some type of video or picture video maker...it would take him minutes to edit that video. Really very easy. You can add pieces of videos...still shots and then drop a music track on top...in 20 or 30 minutes.

Question: Is there any significance to the cuts that were made on the back - this struck me as being done very precisely and methodically. Here is a hand drawing of the cuts - the vertical ones were done first and then the horizontal ones. Is this a symbol that I should know what it means or is this just regular LM being LM.

Attachments

• Cuts on back.png
    Cuts on back.png
    3 KB · Views: 97
Question: Is there any significance to the cuts that were made on the back - this struck me as being done very precisely and methodically. Here is a hand drawing of the cuts - the vertical ones were done first and then the horizontal ones. Is this a symbol that I should know what it means or is this just regular LM being LM.

Is he seen actually making the cuts? Does he use a knife and is it the same knife used to cut off a piece of the buttock? Maybe he was cutting to try and remove a square piece of flesh from Lin Jun's back?

A Chinese character?

I just ran a reverse image search (on both Google and TinEye) of the image and pattern you drew on the attachment and came up empty, none of the similar images even fit that basic pattern.

Good question Elepher.... I think he was cutting at the body for the purpose of shocking the audience. I also think he was somewhat fascinated by what he was doing. There was a certain "attitude" to the way he cut the body. It was a strange mixture between a caress and hatred. At least that is what I saw. I have never seen anything like it before....and hope to never see it again.

Is he seen actually making the cuts? Does he use a knife and is it the same knife used to cut off a piece of the buttock? Maybe he was cutting to try and remove a square piece of flesh from Lin Jun's back?

Yes, the cuts are done with the knife and you can see the hand holding the knife and very precisely and methodically makes the marks. I don't know if this is the same knife as was used to cut the buttock as I couldn't stomach any more of the video.

A Chinese character?

That is what I thought too but came up empty when I looked - I see HastingChi has done an image lookup and has come up empty.

Was anything like this cutting done in any of the fav movies - like Basic Instinct? I am really not a big movie buff so have not watched the BI movie.

Good question Elepher.... I think he was cutting at the body for the purpose of shocking the audience. I also think he was somewhat fascinated by what he was doing. There was a certain "attitude" to the way he cut the body. It was a strange mixture between a caress and hatred. At least that is what I saw. I have never seen anything like it before....and hope to never see it again.

The vid is very hard to watch. The cutting on the back really made me wonder if LM is a "cutter" to himself and maybe that is why he photoshopped a lot of his images on the internet. Yes, there was an odd mixture of love/hate in the way the cutting was done.

That is what I thought too but came up empty when I looked - I see HastingChi has done an image lookup and has come up empty.

Was anything like this cutting done in any of the fav movies - like Basic Instinct? I am really not a big movie buff so have not watched the BI movie.

Eleph I'm also searching various resources for the cutting patterns used by serial and notable killers (both real world and fictional) that Magnotta has either mentioned or other clues show potential admiration.

I'll let you know what I'm able to find.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

I watched it twice and have yet to see the actual murder - Lin appears immobile to me except for what seemed like drugged movements when in the restraints. Opinions?

Not_my_kids, would you mind linking me to your transcription of the video?

I've gone back 3 pages in your posts & can't find it....and the search function didn't bring me to anything except for another reference of the transcription on 06/05/12.

Thank you!

Has anyone seen BOTH the killvid and the movie A Serbian Film? I'm afraid to watch the latter and I will not watch the full killvid. It seems to me, from reading the description of A Serbian Film and see the trailer, that LM was very much inspired by this film, as much as with Basic Instinct. There is a description that someone has sex with the head of a victim and it makes me sick that LM may have done this with his victim as well.

I watched it twice and have yet to see the actual murder - Lin appears immobile to me except for what seemed like drugged movements when in the restraints. Opinions?

I think the concensus is that the actual death blow, if there was one (assuming that the victim didn't die from some kind of drug administered beforehand) is not depicted in the edited version of the video. We don't know for sure yet whether it appears on the "raw" version obtained by the police. I think another concensus is that if he didn't die from a drug, that he died from having his throat cut prior to what's depicted in the edited version. Although, iirc, there has been some dispute about whether the blood from that wound shows that he was alive at the time. Personally, I have seen stills suggesting that he was alive, or killed very shortly beforehand, because of blood around that wound. Others, however, have posted about seeing a fairly clean wound. If the latter, those shots they may have been taken subsequent to the one I saw, after a bit of clean-up. jmo

See post #61

I haven't seen the video or read the transcript. I have seen one or two things mentioned elsewhere as to what happens in the video. I would also like to read the transcript but I didn't see it in post #61.

TIA

Has anyone seen BOTH the killvid and the movie A Serbian Film? I'm afraid to watch the latter and I will not watch the full killvid. It seems to me, from reading the description of A Serbian Film and see the trailer, that LM was very much inspired by this film, as much as with Basic Instinct. There is a description that someone has sex with the head of a victim and it makes me sick that LM may have done this with his victim as well.

No, but from what I've read, the most significant difference would be the involvement of a child. Otherwise, it sounds like a pretty good fit to me. Especially since, iirc, lm posted about it. It could even fit with the "crazy agent" story since I've read that the plot of the Serbian film was that the killer was told he could get out of the business by making the video w/o knowing what he was in for. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong