Pedophiles use FaceBook to select victims

Kat010

Former Member
Reaction score
...and for other reasons, according to a Fox News investigation.

"The world’s largest pro-pedophilia advocacy group uses Facebook to connect with its members throughout the world; to find and exchange photos of children; to hone its members' predatory behavior; and to identify, target and reel in child victims, an investigation by FoxNews.com reveals.."

They also use FB to tie in with private pedophile chats and forums, including training for pedophiles and pointing out children on FB.

" Posts on the pedophile blog Boy Chat reveal a larger strategy for using Facebook. Users provide tips on using the site to assist others in having real-life conversations with children; share tips for evading the eye of law enforcement while trolling Facebook for victims; post changes in privacy policy of social media sites; and even suggest specific individuals to target. In one post, a Boy Chat user points out a specific Facebook user — a former child star — whose profile, they say, holds a trove of desired photos.
That post goes on to say that it takes some effort to be accepted as a Facebook friend of this person, but that “once you’re in, you’re really in.”
Another user wrote, “Facebook stalking isn’t real stalking is it?”

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/28/pedophiles-find-home-social-networking-facebook/

There were a lot of photos of Kyron and his little sister on FB. Frankly, when I see FB pages with a lot of pictures of small children, I shudder. Pedophiles look at photo collections like that as their own shopping mall--as the investigation shows. Sometimes I think that people don't realize that when you make a public photo album on a site like FB you're not just sharing it with your friends--meaning real-life people known to you--but you're instead opening up your home and private life to anyone who wants to come inside. MOO. (Note--this is not a criticism of the Hormans. It is a comment on general cultural behavior and the blurring of lines between "real life" and "online life" and hence the opening up of new dangers.)

I shudder too! There are other more private and safe ways to share photos with family and friends on the internet.

...and for other reasons, according to a Fox News investigation.

"The world’s largest pro-pedophilia advocacy group uses Facebook to connect with its members throughout the world; to find and exchange photos of children; to hone its members' predatory behavior; and to identify, target and reel in child victims, an investigation by FoxNews.com reveals.."

They also use FB to tie in with private pedophile chats and forums, including training for pedophiles and pointing out children on FB.

" Posts on the pedophile blog Boy Chat reveal a larger strategy for using Facebook. Users provide tips on using the site to assist others in having real-life conversations with children; share tips for evading the eye of law enforcement while trolling Facebook for victims; post changes in privacy policy of social media sites; and even suggest specific individuals to target. In one post, a Boy Chat user points out a specific Facebook user — a former child star — whose profile, they say, holds a trove of desired photos.
That post goes on to say that it takes some effort to be accepted as a Facebook friend of this person, but that “once you’re in, you’re really in.”
Another user wrote, “Facebook stalking isn’t real stalking is it?”

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/09/28/pedophiles-find-home-social-networking-facebook/

There were a lot of photos of Kyron and his little sister on FB. Frankly, when I see FB pages with a lot of pictures of small children, I shudder. Pedophiles look at photo collections like that as their own shopping mall--as the investigation shows. Sometimes I think that people don't realize that when you make a public photo album on a site like FB you're not just sharing it with your friends--meaning real-life people known to you--but you're instead opening up your home and private life to anyone who wants to come inside. MOO. (Note--this is not a criticism of the Hormans. It is a comment on general cultural behavior and the blurring of lines between "real life" and "online life" and hence the opening up of new dangers.)

Thank you for providing this information, just another venue (like Craigslist IMO) for these types of parasites to find their prey.

TH's FB was public too. It's like posting your address on a billboard, telling everyone when you're not home and leaving the doors unlocked.

Thank you for providing this information, just another venue (like Craigslist IMO) for these types of parasites to find their prey.

TH's FB was public too. It's like posting your address on a billboard, telling everyone when you're not home and leaving the doors unlocked.

This was moved from the kyron forum, but IMO it's relevant. Terri left her FB wide open for anyone and everyone to see. It would have taken little effort for someone to figure out where he went to school, and of course the school advertised the event even if Terri didn't.

Terri putting Kyron at risk for abduction (unintentionally) through her online activities is one scenario I've considered very plausible.

And regarding the question of a "ring" involved:

Last month a joint investigation by U.S., Canadian, United Kingdom and Australian authorities brought down an alleged international child exploitation syndicate that operated via Facebook, and 11 suspects were arrested.

Just a side note...
The security settings in facebook are not intuitive. You need to go in and make sure you have the right settings in so many different areas in fb. Even when you think you have your security settings the way you want them, fb makes a change and things are opened up again. I say everyone should check their security settings on fb on a regular basis. I think it is very dangerous to have your pictures and wall open to anyone. IMO, the default for security settings in fb should be the most restrictive and then people can choose to allow people access to what they want to. It is NOT that way though, at all.

This was moved from the kyron forum, but IMO it's relevant. Terri left her FB wide open for anyone and everyone to see. It would have taken little effort for someone to figure out where he went to school, and of course the school advertised the event even if Terri didn't.

Terri putting Kyron at risk for abduction (unintentionally) through her online activities is one scenario I've considered very plausible.

bbm

I ditto that, I wonder why this was moved?

I shudder too! There are other more private and safe ways to share photos with family and friends on the internet.
That's why I refuse to put any pictures of my child since babyhood on the internet.:snooty: She's also not allowed to use Facebook other than to chat with relatives with me present, or play my games.

That's what pedophiles do, nothing but think of how, who and when. Society keeps giving them avenues to find their next victims. Technology has it good points and then it's bad points. Parents and schools have to start teaching kids to be aware. The other day three little kids came to my door with no adult for a school fundraiser. I asked them to come in and they did. Then I gave them a talking to. The school should not allow small children to go door to door with all the pedophiles infesting our neighborhoods. I guess that is why facebook gave that donation to the schools to try make up for this.

That's what pedophiles do, nothing but think of how, who and when. Society keeps giving them avenues to find their next victims. Technology has it good points and then it's bad points. Parents and schools have to start teaching kids to be aware. The other day three little kids came to my door with no adult for a school fundraiser. I asked them to come in and they did. Then I gave them a talking to. The school should not allow small children to go door to door with all the pedophiles infesting our neighborhoods. I guess that is why facebook gave that donation to the schools to try make up for this.

BBM. The parents should not allow it. Usually in the fundraiser stuff we get from school, it includes a section on safety and a note to the parents to not let children go door to door alone. Actually I even think the last one we had said no door-to-door sales, just sell to friends and family.

BBM. The parents should not allow it. Usually in the fundraiser stuff we get from school, it includes a section on safety and a note to the parents to not let children go door to door alone. Actually I even think the last one we had said no door-to-door sales, just sell to friends and family.

And nothing is more annoying than being solicited by every one of these parents at work ...

My daughter's Jr High had the right idea. At the first PTA meeting of each year (usually held during the first couple of weeks of school), a vote was taken as to whether to have kids sell this overpriced garbage or each family simply give $5 per child to the general fund.

Guess what was voted in by an overwhelming majority? For those who couldn't afford the $5, some gave extra to make up the difference.

Because it's relevant for everyone, not just that particular forum.

Oh, okay, I thought maybe it was being considered inappropriate for that forum or something. So it's okay to reference this article back in the Kyron forum, say, under the stranger abduction thread?

And nothing is more annoying than being solicited by every one of these parents at work ...

My daughter's Jr High had the right idea. At the first PTA meeting of each year (usually held during the first couple of weeks of school), a vote was taken as to whether to have kids sell this overpriced garbage or each family simply give $5 per child to the general fund.

Guess what was voted in by an overwhelming majority? For those who couldn't afford the $5, some gave extra to make up the difference.

What an awesome idea! I hate being solicited at work by these people.

On topic - I may get skewered for this, but ... I don't really see this as a big deal. What I mean by that is that parents should take every precaution online as they would take on the streets. Pedos will go where children go whether its a park, school or toy store. Same online - the computer just really caters to the lazier pedo who can stalk from his Laz-e-boy.

If you wouldn't go around handing your kid's pics to strangers, I wouldn't post 'em where strangers could see 'em.

The REAL issue I have here is how NEGLIGENT facebook is/was for NOT banning groups like NAMBLA RIGHT AWAY. I understand that there are thousands of users and groups to sift through and detect, but this does upset me.

Frankly, it upsets me that organizations, or cults rather, lol, like NAMBLA are even legal. If it involves exploiting or hurting children, your 1st Amend right should be TAKEN AWAY.

Pedophiles will use any means to gain access to children. What a shame we as parents and as a society haven't kept up with technology enough to recognize the dangers or have become too complacent and lazy to act when we are aware of the dangers.

Parents do not allow your minor access to internet without full time monitoring of their activities. It is so so simple when you get right down to it.

Just wanted to share. If I went back and found every pedophile that used FB to connect with their victims I'd be here all night. These are not members of pro-pedophilia groups but individual predators.

Just last night I posted about this guy at the link. Full grown man stalking middle school girls. He's up on charges of production of child *advertiser censored*. He did get one child to pose for him. He surely was on his way to getting other unsuspecting girls to do the same. As an added bonus I linked to Tyra Banks FB account where he sent in his sexual fantasies.

Scary world. Scary internet. I noted I am preaching to the choir but parents have to be vigilant. How many young people have we seen go missing because they took off with a sexual predator they connected to on FB?

MN Man Makes Fake Facebook Accounts To Lure Underage Girls - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Oh, okay, I thought maybe it was being considered inappropriate for that forum or something. So it's okay to reference this article back in the Kyron forum, say, under the stranger abduction thread?

As far as I know. I've ref'd it once.

The REAL issue I have here is how NEGLIGENT facebook is/was for NOT banning groups like NAMBLA RIGHT AWAY. I understand that there are thousands of users and groups to sift through and detect, but this does upset me.

Frankly, it upsets me that organizations, or cults rather, lol, like NAMBLA are even legal. If it involves exploiting or hurting children, your 1st Amend right should be TAKEN AWAY.

Me too--I can't see how FB allowed this.

Let's say we decide we need more money. Let's create a group: Association for Amateur Bank Robbers. Then let's get a FB page. And then let's swap ideas, teach each other, encourage each other, and even find targets for bank robberies.

How fast do you think LE would be all over that? Fast. But talking about sexually attacking and abusing children? That's OK, apparently.

Ever watch Dateline's To Catch a Predator? Scary stuff. And just about all of them say they weren't there to "do anything." Nah. And were "just foolin' around" on the web with these supposed kids.

As far as I'm concerned, NAMBLA, etc are conspiring to commit felonies. And should be arrested as such.

Unless, of course, they'll give us a pass on our bank robbery group. You think?:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back