How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
I can only hope there will be another service somewhere down the line for Caylee, but for now...this is all she gets. It may be years before this is brought to a close depending on how many motions are filed to prevent the case from moving forward etc.

I get that, and I do understand everyone's emotions and frustrations with this situation, but I guess I am also at a loss as to why if so many people need to say goodbye and get closure from this event and it is truly about Caylee getting the respect she deserves..... then I don't get why this is the all she gets and why this is the best that can be done. It just doesn't fit together for me, but I do truly hope that it is as lovely and as drama free as possible and that it brings as much healing/closure to anyone that it can. I just have a really bad feeling that it is going to go in the three ring circus route and create more heartache for those very people.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be a social issue for the benefit of the community and the public interested in this matter. It should be a tribute to Caylee with peace in everyone's hearts and earnest concern for the comfort of those hurting over her. It is not LP's place to do this. It is the family's place whether we like it or not.

Her family includes her murder, and the ones covering up for her.

They will never acknowledge that she's dead, so she'd never have one if left to them.

I went for the first option in the poll. I dont think they will ever get the familys blessing for a memorial, and there are so many people wanting to show caylee how loved she is, so this kinda thing is perfect.

BUT....the idea that this memorial has been arranged by LP, who said he is continuing in the caylee search out of spite, just doesnt sit right with me.
A memorial should be all about Caylee, not having an ulterior motive. I think its great that LP has put in so much time and money into the search for Caylee, but it just doesnt feel like his heart is in the right place regarding the memorial. (per murts video).
Having said that it shouldnt really matter a long as our hearts are in the right place.

Her family includes her murder, and the ones covering up for her.

They will never acknowledge that she's dead, so she'd never have one if left to them.

That's not up to you nor I.

I don't think the family's blessings are required. There are informal memorials for people all the time. The problem here is with the Anthony's, not the kind hearted people that want to hold the memorial.

I'm sorry, but it shouldn't be a social issue for the benefit of the community and the public interested in this matter. It should be a tribute to Caylee with peace in everyone's hearts and earnest concern for the comfort of those hurting over her. It is not LP's place to do this. It is the family's place whether we like it or not.

Anything that is or has been this family's "place" in this entire ordeal has been neglected completely and utterly. There is an entire country of people who have been captured by this sweet child and her innocent sweet smile and her gorgeous hazel eyes and if her family will not step up to the plate and do what is their place to do, then they give up that place to one will step up and do what is right and just and good, and what Caylee Marie Anthony deserves. It is her RIGHT to be properly remembered and for there to be some kind of memorial for her, and if her family is unable or unwilling to do what is proper, then God Bless the one who will...

That's not up to you nor I.

I'm not meaning to be rude, but that's only an opionion, as much as what I feel is.

To me, it's up to people who care about her to do, and again, that's an opinion.

Also this is not the "Family Memorial Service" this is an informal Memorial to a little girl who has garnered more media coverage than any other missing child in HISTORY, and she deserves SOMETHING for HER.

Anything that is or has been this family's "place" in this entire ordeal has been neglected completely and utterly. There is an entire country of people who have been captured by this sweet child and her innocent sweet smile and her gorgeous hazel eyes and if her family will not step up to the plate and do what is their place to do, then they give up that place to one will step up and do what is right and just and good, and what Caylee Marie Anthony deserves. It is her RIGHT to be properly remembered and for there to be some kind of memorial for her, and if her family is unable or unwilling to do what is proper, then God Bless the one who will...

And what happens when she is found? Go thru it again?

I'm not meaning to be rude, but that's only an opionion, as much as what I feel is.

To me, it's up to people who care about her to do, and again, that's an opinion.

Of course, it's an opinion. It's my opinion, that's all.

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.

I think it's horrendous that LP would take it upon himself to hold a memorial service without consulting the A's first. From the first, he has had one thing in mind, and that is to insert himself into a blockbuster media event. It's unnecessarily cruel to Caylee's family, I'm disgusted by it and I would not attend.

This memorial service is not about Caylee at all, it's all about a grandstanding bounty hunter. Regardless of what I personally think or the opinions I have formed regarding the A's, I understand why they showed up at BP to confront him today, and I support their right to do so. Just as I support their right to hold out hope, no matter how the odds are stacked up against them.

Bolded by me. Have they suddenly forgotten how to use a telephone? Absolutely no reason to show up today except to deliberately cause a commotion in front of the cameras, once again. I'm sure they could have come to an agreement with LP if they had discussed it with him rationally, in private. To avoid further scenes and violence, perhaps it would be best if everyone who felt the need for closure at this stage, quietly and privately tossed flowers into the water, or left soft toys, cards, etc., in what they consider an appropriate spot, as an expression of their love for Caylee.

The Anthony's disgust me.

Quiet Your Hearts.......

and Listen

Cay3.jpg

Something about this memorial doesn't sit right with me. I wish LP would just let it be and stop interfering. I think when the A's are ready to admit that Caylee is gone, they will have a memorial for her and this will be done in their time.

I really believe that the A's are suffering and are in denial/mourning. This is really getting out of hand and like TM said, "it's turning into a circus".

Denial and mourning are two totally different things. Denial is the refusal to mourn.

If anyone ever wants to hold a memorial service for me, I'd really appreciate if they'd wait until I was officially declared deceased, please.

Was the character in Castaway declared dead? I just thought of that when I saw your post....How weird would that be???

Bolded by me. Have they suddenly forgotten how to use a telephone? Absolutely no reason to show up today except to deliberately cause a commotion in front of the cameras, once again. I'm sure they could have come to an agreement with LP if they had discussed it with him rationally, in private. To avoid further scenes and violence, perhaps it would be best if everyone who felt the need for closure at this stage, quietly and privately tossed flowers into the water, or left soft toys, cards, etc., in what they consider an appropriate spot, as an expression of their love for Caylee.

The Anthony's disgust me.

The Anthony's didn't bring the camera's with them, LP was already in front of them. And in all honesty a telephone call would have just ended up with the conversation being repeated on Nancy Grace this evening. I don't believe anything between the Anthony's and LP will ever be private or rational.

I don't know what to think, in a way... but if we are going to wait on the Anthony's to set one up, I doubt a memorial would ever happen. At best, I think it should just be a vigil... so as not to step on toes and create anymore drama.

we are STILL waiting for the Peterson family to hold their private memorial for Laci and Conner that they promised back in 2003

A memorial is simply to commemorate a person - the person doesn't have to be dead. It is to celebrate the person, their life, remember, etc.

The As may not like it and if I were in a similar situation I might not like it either - but we all have the right to do it if we wish.

No comment on LP and his motives... :crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back