LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time, Lavergne was in the U.S. Army, stationed at Fort Polk. Vernon Parish sources requested anonymity say records indicate he was also accused of, but not arrested or charged with, rape during his time there.

Read more: EvangelineToday.com - Shunick suspect s background one of contradictions includes homicide probe alleged rape

Is this yet another rape? The woman didn't press charges...

Also in 1999 the remains of a missing woman were found in an isolated part of Acadia Parish

Normally reliable law enforcement sources say Lavergne was among persons of interest in that case. Authorities were never able to close the circle of evidence and charge anyone in what was considered by them a homicide

so he was a POI!!!

:seeya:~oh Bessie??? I found that link! :woohoo:

Let's not have LINKAGE BLINDNESS between the Mickey Shunick and Holly Bobo cases. Since there is a renewed search for Holly Bobo, I remembered these posts from my participation on the Holly Bobo threads.

Holly went to camp in Mississippi. Could the perp. have seen her there?

I asked in my post 4-26-2011, #320 if Holly had gone to any camps in the southern states

Here is a reply to my query by Miziree. I quoted Miziree response in my post #338:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miziree
This was posted today:
http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

Bobo, an active member of Corinth Baptist and a Christian from an early age, sings solos at the church. In fact, she was scheduled to sing April 17 at Corinth. She and her family have been members of the church for six years.

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.also:
Bobo “grew up in our youth group,” said Franks. She planned to use her nursing skills on the church’s frequent trips to Belize.

My question was:

I'm wondering if Holly went to any church sponsored young person's retreats? And, if so, were these retreats composed of young people from different southern states? We know she was in the choir at her church and sang there, right?

I would like his army history and his work history added to that timeline. Also where he was incarcerated at and if he ever was off of the property at the prison. And exactly the date and time he was released from that prison. Also what properties he ever owned or rented. Someone said he was at one time in oakdale which is Allen Parish -- we left that parish out. I would also like to know on his job at Woods Group where he was payed to travel, reimbursed for mileage, etc. That will tell us if he was in tennessee, Florida, etc. or even in Indiana....I would like to have alone time with his GPS records.....:)

He would not be paid to travel unless it was for work or maybe a school. More than likely it would be within Louisiana, Texas or maybe Mississippi. Since he was working out of Venice he might be paid mileage to and from work, but most Wood Group mechanics and operators do not get paid mileage. Wood Group is basically like a staffing service and he would have been contracted to a oil company as a mechanic to work on generators and compressors as part of a permanent crew on a production platform,or to fill in when needed. He probably had very little contact with Woodgroup and dealt mainly with the oil company that he was contracted to. He was not a very good mechanic from what I knew of him.

“We’re looking into all of our unresolved cases and we’re looking into other areas as well,” Cpt. Kip Judice, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office, explained. “Anytime you have a person who you believe to be responsible for multiple deaths, you’re going to review all cold cases. So what we’ve done is established a course of time to determine any missing person cases or homicides that have similarities"

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetr...s-for-possible-connection-to-brandon-lavergne

Seems a waste for society to pay for murders spending the rest of their lives in jail - IMO, once the appeals run out, they become organ donors - perhaps giving a bit of life back to someone in need...
I totally agree.

Seems a waste for society to pay for murders spending the rest of their lives in jail - IMO, once the appeals run out, they become organ donors - perhaps giving a bit of life back to someone in need...

best idea i've ever heard.

Or found a bullet within or under bones. Would be harder to find though, if the bones were very scattered.

Skull bashed in might speak to a cause of death. JMO

Hmm...thinking outside the box here:

Could it be possible that a weapon -- whose ballistics matched a bullet possibly found at the scene of the dump -- was found at BSL's trailer?

“We’re looking into all of our unresolved cases and we’re looking into other areas as well,” Cpt. Kip Judice, Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office, explained. “Anytime you have a person who you believe to be responsible for multiple deaths, you’re going to review all cold cases. So what we’ve done is established a course of time to determine any missing person cases or homicides that have similarities"

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetr...s-for-possible-connection-to-brandon-lavergne
----------
Yep. And a still missing person is: Holly Bobo, who was in Mississippi at one time. Maybe the perp. saw her then, and stalked her. Check my post above. I know MLE has.

Other similarities? Renewed search for Holly Bobo, perp. wearing camo in Bobo case, perp. possibly wearing camo in Shunick case?

Thank you.

I think they'll try Pate's first. Say he's convicted of it, then they'll probably bargain with him for MS's location in exchange for life with the possibility of parole in 25 years. But he does have to plead guilty to both murders.

The aggravated kidnapping charge will probably be thrown out as it has no bearing if he's convicted of the murders of both.

It's hard to know for sure, but I feel that they will naturally try the one with the most evidence. I remember in the Derrick Todd Lee case, they knew he had killed ALL of the women because of DNA, however, he was tried only in the case of Charlotte Murray Pace because they had the most reliable evidence in that one. I remember Pam Kinamore's mother Ms. Marino said that was fine with her, just so he'd never see the light of day again. She was at trial everyday supporting Murray's mother.

Let's not have LINKAGE BLINDNESS between the Mickey Shunick and Holly Bobo cases. Since there is a renewed search for Holly Bobo, I remembered these posts from my participation on the Holly Bobo threads.

Holly went to camp in Mississippi. Could the perp. have seen her there?

I asked in my post 4-26-2011, #320 if Holly had gone to any camps in the southern states

Here is a reply to my query by Miziree. I quoted Miziree response in my post #338:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miziree
This was posted today:
http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

Bobo, an active member of Corinth Baptist and a Christian from an early age, sings solos at the church. In fact, she was scheduled to sing April 17 at Corinth. She and her family have been members of the church for six years.

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

also:
Bobo “grew up in our youth group,” said Franks. She planned to use her nursing skills on the church’s frequent trips to Belize.

My question was:

I'm wondering if Holly went to any church sponsored young person's retreats? And, if so, were these retreats composed of young people from different southern states? We know she was in the choir at her church and sang there, right?

I don't personally think there is a link. However will throw out that Acadian Baptist Center in Richard (Eunice address) attracts large groups and camps from all over La and surrounding areas, not just Baptist or religious groups either. One of the best ways to get from anywhere on hwy 95 to say the Crowley/I-10 area via hwy 13 is to cut across academy dr where this camp is located. Academy dr runs thru the camp and until a couple years ago was the only paved road that ran to hwy 13 in the nearby vicinity. However, I think it's a huge stretch to say that BSL could've seen HB at this camp (if she even was ever there), and chose to target her specifically, following her all the way to TN. IMO, the camo is not enough to link. Everything is camo down here and I suspect it's probably the same in any area where hunting is a favorite activity. I see men, women, children, infants, dogs in camo several times a day. In south Louisiana, camo is the new black.

It's nice to see LE give the community the proper kudos for their role in this case.

Pure genius. It makes me sick that these people get to keep living after taking someone's life. I've always wondered how this board would lean on the issue. Love the organ donor idea though.

I don't personally think there is a link. However will throw out that Acadian Baptist Center in Richard (Eunice address) attracts large groups and camps from all over La and surrounding areas, not just Baptist or religious groups either. One of the best ways to get from anywhere on hwy 95 to say the Crowley/I-10 area via hwy 13 is to cut across academy dr where this camp is located. Academy dr runs thru the camp and until a couple years ago was the only paved road that ran to hwy 13 in the nearby vicinity. However, I think it's a huge stretch to say that BSL could've seen HB at this camp (if she even was ever there), and chose to target her specifically, following her all the way to TN. IMO, the camo is not enough to link. Everything is camo down here and I suspect it's probably the same in any area where hunting is a favorite activity. I see men, women, children, infants, dogs in camo several times a day. In south Louisiana, camo is the new black.
-----------

Then why suddenly is there a renewed search for Holly going on? There has been little activity for a year.

By using the same process as LE, determining which cases he cannot be a POI in with his incarceration dates, we know:
April 12, 1999 offense date
(he obviously was out on bond pending trial to commit LP alledge murder & 2 domestic abuse instances.)
Feb 25, 2000 pleads guilty & sentenced to 10 years.
So anything up to Feb 25, 2000 is to be checked and then nothing until August 9, 2008, his release on parole.
Is this right?

the vehicle accident on record was on 6/19/99 but she was said to have died on the same day as the accident and she's said to have died on the 7/3. so is this really the right accident?

I remember MS's Dad said there would be no bargaining on the Nancy Grace show.

I do believe the families' wishes are taken in consideration, but I do not believe they have the ultimate say. In my area, it seems deals are usually hashed out between the attorneys (again, I believe they consider the families' wishes). I believe the judge must approve the proposed deal.

ETA typo in post title. Should read "plea".

By using the same process as LE, determining which cases he cannot be a POI in with his incarceration dates, we know:
April 12, 1999 offense date
(he obviously was out on bond pending trial to commit LP alledge murder & 2 domestic abuse instances.)
Feb 25, 2000 pleads guilty & sentenced to 10 years.
So anything up to Feb 25, 2000 is to be checked and then nothing until August 9, 2008, his release on parole.
Is this right?
http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=53604...

It would be nice to know!

The release and probation dates don't line up!

http://www.raynetoday.com/view/full_...home_news_lead

"On the evening of Sept. 21, 1999, skeletal remains of a female were found in on Brigman Highway between the communities of Prudhomme and Pitreville, located in the northern part of Acadia Parish.

Discovered by the home’s renters about a month after moving in, Pate was identified through the work of Louisiana State University anthropologist Mary Mayheim and her team.

The renters, GL and a companion, stumbled upon the remains after deciding to explore the back yard that evening. There GL found three boards. He told police he moved the first board to investigate and found a human skull."

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Lavergne indicted

ETA Map link
http://goo.gl/maps/znfX

Somewhere in this stretch of Brigman I am guessing?

Latest UpdateLisa Pate's family: She was a loving & caring person

02:20 PM

Lisa Pate's family talks to KATC's Jenise Fernandez today at 5 and 6. She's the second woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing. Family says hearing about the indictment yesterday was shocking. They describe Lisa as a loving and caring person.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member