Status
Not open for further replies.
Wut? lol im confused!

Did he say it or didnt he!
Have we seen it written somewhere?

LOL

Not trying to be a pain in the butt but im confused as it is lol

It's been reported that he said it.

Given the proliferation of conflicting information, it's tough to say whether what's been reported is entirely accurate.

That's the question. What is factual? A report that's paraphrased or a direct quote on national television?

We don't know.

Hi, JurysOut, that "What is factual?" is, to me at least, is part of the fascination that keeps crime investigations from simply being disturbingly morbid. Sorting out early reports and rumors is both a talent and a matter of patience. Jumping in too soon often leads to conspiracy theories and other hasty mistakes.

In this case, the details are so incredibly fragmentary and, in several cases, contradictory that I have little trouble hanging back and waiting.

It's a sad reflection on the American public, but this needs to become "must see tv" in order to receive the type of media exposure required to contribute to successful resolution. Rominger knows that. Why is so much being held back? Names, facts, histories, statements, everything off limits.

There are 3 reasons I can think of for the secrecy. Two are bad.

Yeah I really need to find out if CP left the door locked or unlocked when he left in the morning. That should give us some answers...

Again, it means NOTHING because regardless of whether it was left locked or unlocked, Kortne was not the person who did it. So that won't give us any answers.

Here are some scenarios to make it clear because it seems that it's a little difficult to understand.

K and guest are in the apartment, she locks the door. Something happens to K. Guest takes her out of apartment to "hide" her to keep from getting in trouble.

another one...

K and guest are in apartment sleeping. Door is left unlocked. Someone comes in, takes K out of apartment and takes her to unknown place. Guest wakes up, leaves (locks door or leaves unlocked).

another one...

K and guest are in apartment. K goes outside and leaves door unlocked. Something happens outside. Guest wakes up, leaves (locks door or leaves unlocked).

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I really do think we're consuming way too much time trying to figure out if the door was left locked or unlocked. Regardless of the scenario, when her mom came to the house Monday, the door was locked or unlocked because of the guest or if/when K and guest left the apartment to go elsewhere.

Yeah I really need to find out if CP left the door locked or unlocked when he left in the morning. That should give us some answers...

Again, it means NOTHING because regardless of whether it was left locked or unlocked, Kortne was not the person who did it. So that won't give us any answers.

Here are some scenarios to make it clear because it seems that it's a little difficult to understand.

K and guest are in the apartment, she locks the door. Something happens to K. Guest takes her out of apartment to "hide" her to keep from getting in trouble.

another one...

K and guest are in apartment sleeping. Door is left unlocked. Someone comes in, takes K out of apartment and takes her to unknown place. Guest wakes up, leaves (locks door or leaves unlocked).

another one...

K and guest are in apartment. K goes outside and leaves door unlocked. Something happens outside. Guest wakes up, leaves (locks door or leaves unlocked).

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I really do think we're consuming way too much time trying to figure out if the door was left locked or unlocked. Regardless of the scenario, when her mom came to the house Monday, the door was locked or unlocked because of the guest or if/when K and guest left the apartment to go elsewhere.

OT(?)

Oh, we are consuming a lot of time on it. But overall, we're not doing too badly in comparison to some other unfortunate cases on WS. Let's hope we're not reduced to trying to deduce when someone last used KS's powder room.

If you want to see overkill to infinity (and who doesn't?!), check out the DWT threads (after threads after threads) from the Mickey Shunick case.

There are literally thousands and thousands of posts about white trucks. Every imaginable model, option, customization and what could be in the window :slapfight: of the DWT in the photo. I left there for weeks because of the repetition. But there was nothing else to go on. Fortunately, the case ended with an arrest, so the tail chasing finally ended.

A lot of hive mind over-examination goes on here. But sometimes something important comes out of it.

K's mother is extremely distraught and local coverage is absolutely awful.

Hi, JurysOut, that "What is factual?" is, to me at least, is part of the fascination that keeps crime investigations from simply being disturbingly morbid. Sorting out early reports and rumors is both a talent and a matter of patience. Jumping in too soon often leads to conspiracy theories and other hasty mistakes.

In this case, the details are so incredibly fragmentary and, in several cases, contradictory that I have little trouble hanging back and waiting.

It is weird. Like trying to read through diaphanous fabric. But there's nothing on the page.

Did her neighbor and her have such a big dispute that he would actually go to such extremes of whatever?

heeyy...maybe it's just me.......

would someone else review this list and see if we're on it? I searched the page and didn't find us.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showgroups.php

I've had a sneaking suspicion that we have no mod.

Someone's bound to discover we're over 1200 posts.

It's possible the thread will be closed for review at some point. I'd almost count on it.

Did her neighbor and her have such a big dispute that he would actually go to such extremes of whatever?

I don't think anyone's said that. But since no one's been cleared by LE and Kortne seems to have disappeared, everyone's looking at everyone.

Stranger?
Acquaintance?
Neighbor?

No one knows.

would someone else review this list and see if we're on it? I searched the page and didn't find us.

It's possible the thread will be closed for review at some point. I'd almost count on it.

It's definitely interesting to me how each missing person case varies in terms of people taking an interest.

I feel sad for the ones that don't get as much attention.

Jury - you've done a lot of work here. Have you any thoughts on who lives in her apartment building? I know we have her friend in mind but I'm curious about the neighbor!

I looked and i dont see us either!

It's definitely interesting to me how each missing person case varies in terms of people taking an interest.

I feel sad for the ones that don't get as much attention.

Jury - you've done a lot of work here. Have you any thoughts on who lives in her apartment building? I know we have her friend in mind but I'm curious about the neighbor!

I'm on the tapatalk app, so I'm limited. Up thread somewhere a posted a link to a site where you can look up who lives at a specific address. I think it's WhitePages Neighborhood or something.

I'm sitting across the street right now. Nothing's happening at Kortne's apartment, far as I can tell. Crime scene tape's still up. Little 'memorial' still there by the light pole.

Maybe I'll bring flowers on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member