GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing this post over from Thread 5, to answer it.

Originally Posted by Leila
Stephanie has three children two boys and a girl, ages 9, 17, and 19. I've found the divorce records for Stephanie and two husbands. She was divorced from the first husband in 1995 and they had two children. She was divorced from the second husband in 2007 and I'm assuming that the youngest child was from that marriage.

I think the children are living with their fathers. In the first divorce, the two children had a week with one parent and a week with the other. That may be the case with the youngest too.

I'm stumped. According to this post Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley, 11.10.2010 - 13 year old rescued #5
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley, 11.10.2010 - 13 year old rescued #5
, she has had five different surnames. One has been proven to be her maiden name (Thompson). She is probably not divorced from her last husband. That still leaves one extra name unaccounted for. Just trying to make sense of too many things in this case that don't add up.

This is what I've found so far.....................

Stephanie was evidently married to ******* Kupiec and had two children, a boy and a girl with him. They were divorced in 1995. On February 25, 2010 they went back to court for a modification of child support based on the fact that the oldest child was now an adult. The youngest child of that marriage is now 17. The modification of child support was settled on Sept. 7, 2010.

Stephanie then married a man named ********Glancy. There were no children from this brief marriage. They were divorced on Sept. 15, 1997.

Stephanie then married a man named *******Sprang. She had one child from this marriage, the youngest child, a boy. They were divorced on November 19, 2007. It's been stated on other forums that the father has custody of the youngest son.

I find no records of Stephanie having been married to a man by the name of Cochran, unless it was in another county. Interestingly, she shares the same birthday - month and day - as the suspect, MH.

Hi, all, I'm a few day behind due to hospitalization. Have they checked the basement of TH's house?

Does anyone else remember the case where the family was missing but they were deceased in the basement but no one looked down there?

That's an excellent question! Does Tina's house have a basement and if so, I wonder if MH put them in the basement? Perhaps that's where they were when the deputy did the two welfare checks on Wednesday evening?

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't see how Stephanie's different marriages (and various surnames, hence probably the surnames of her children as well) play into the public sleuthing of this case. Unless it's a possible connection somehow to MH, then I think it's way too much info on a victim being posted. :twocents:

I'm bringing this post over from Thread 5, to answer it.

Originally Posted by Leila
Stephanie has three children two boys and a girl, ages 9, 17, and 19. I've found the divorce records for Stephanie and two husbands. She was divorced from the first husband in 1995 and they had two children. She was divorced from the second husband in 2007 and I'm assuming that the youngest child was from that marriage.

I think the children are living with their fathers. In the first divorce, the two children had a week with one parent and a week with the other. That may be the case with the youngest too.

I'm stumped. According to this post Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley, 11.10.2010 - 13 year old rescued #5
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OH OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley, 11.10.2010 - 13 year old rescued #5
, she has had five different surnames. One has been proven to be her maiden name (Thompson). She is probably not divorced from her last husband. That still leaves one extra name unaccounted for. Just trying to make sense of too many things in this case that don't add up.

This is what I've found so far.....................

Stephanie was evidently married to ******* Kupiec and had two children, a boy and a girl with him. They were divorced in 1995. On February 25, 2010 they went back to court for a modification of child support based on the fact that the oldest child was now an adult. The youngest child of that marriage is now 17. The modification of child support was settled on Sept. 7, 2010.

Stephanie then married a man named ********Glancy. There were no children from this brief marriage. They were divorced on Sept. 15, 1997.

Stephanie then married a man named *******Sprang. She had one child from this marriage, the youngest child, a boy. They were divorced on November 19, 2007. It's been stated on other forums that the father has custody of the youngest son.

I find no records of Stephanie having been married to a man by the name of Cochran, unless it was in another county. Interestingly, she shares the same birthday - month and day - as the suspect, MH.

BBM

The same exact birthday...now that is very weird!!!
Wonder what the odds are of that...a killer and this victim having the exact same birthday??

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=159071

Thanks to Texas Mist for posting this article just before the fold in the last thread.

BBM - It bothers me that he says this, because I suspect another expert could very well argue that the antisocial tendency was well established before MH spent time in prison. I don't think prison "led him" to it AT ALL.

That's the first thing I thought when I read it too. I don't think the prosecutor in that trial would have said that it was prison that caused his anti-social tendecies--I think he would say that things were off well before that. Although I doubt that prison helped the situation either.

Is this what you are speaking of Peoples & Greener? Posts - #10 & #12
------
“a spokeswoman for the Colorado Department of Corrections said Tuesday that he (Hoffman) had received 11 disciplinary actions between 2001 and 2007. Those included three for assaults, damage to property and threats against another inmate. He also was penalized four times for refusing to work.”

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't see how her different marriages (and various surnames, hence probably the surnames of her children as well) play into the public sleuthing of this case. Unless it's a possible connection somehow to MH, then I think it's way too much info on a victim being posted. :twocents:

I agree, and that's why I did not post the given names of spouses or children's names. Another poster brought up the subject of all the surnames Stephanie has had, and with the lack of information on her several posters have wondered if Stephanie was the target of MH, not Tina or Sarah. Stephanie's father gave a brief interview yesterday in which he mentioned that Stephanie had told another relative that she felt she was being stalked.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=159071

Thanks to Texas Mist for posting this article just before the fold in the last thread.

BBM - It bothers me that he says this, because I suspect another expert could very well argue that the antisocial tendency was well established before MH spent time in prison. I don't think prison "led him" to it AT ALL.

ITA. I've done a lot of reading about psychopathy for many years, but am not an expert. However, I have a friend who is a practicing psychotherapist with whom I've discussed this several times. She is currently counselling three different psychopathic personalities. She has told me that the condition is extremely hard to diagnose even for an expert. It takes several written, specialized tests and many personal sessions. She said that it's next to impossible to diagnose one with certainty without these. Anyone who claims to be able to do so with the little info released in the media is guessing.

I'm not saying that MH isn't a sociopath or psychopath; only that it will take a long process with a professional to determine it. Also, it's good to know that psychopathy cannot be used as a defense in court.

It in some ways reminds me of Dahmer, everyone liked him, no one would of suspected so many victims, or the manor in which they were killed. They seem somewhat “normal” on the outside, or by acquaintance only.
Defiantly Psychopath, difficult to diagnose, until it’s to late, and becomes obvious.

I think being a retired police captain would have a lot of insight to dangerous criminals & the horrible crimes they commit.

I don't agree either that going to prison caused any personality disorders tho -- I think it fueled him w/ more rage making him more dangerous on release.

Wish we knew why Myers thinks going to prison could cause APD.

I agree. I think it's likely that the anti-social personality was there long before MH committed the burglary and arson crime that sent him to prison. The 8 years in prison probably only reinforced the anti-social personality and taught him to be more secretive and cunning.

Did you see the comments, someone said his Bio. dad had a stroke about 25 yrs ago after getting divorced from the mom... it was purely speculation though.... but for those looking for the bio dad. read the comments

Where is the Bio Dad? Does anyone know?

BBM

The same exact birthday...now that is very weird!!!
Wonder what the odds are of that...a killer and this victim having the exact same birthday??

The odds of one person having the same birthday as another person is 1:365, whether either person kills the other or not.

Sorry, but this made me laugh.:laugh:

Thanks! But actually, I was being kind of glib, since I think Cher was probably thinking more along the lines of what the odds would be that a person would be murdered AND that the murderer would turn out to have the same birthday as the victim. I don't know what those odds are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288