Nancy Garrido

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't found the tidbit about the Philippines. Was that in one of the articles? I've read she was a jehovah's witness and that she met him while visiting an uncle in Leavenworth prison.

"Garrido was held in a tough federal prison in Leavenworth, Kansas, but released 11 years later on parole after he claimed to have “found God”. He travelled back to California with his new bride, a Philippines-born woman called Nancy."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6814941.ece

Lovely! thanks very much Themis. I couldn't find the reference for the life of me.
You're welcome. Conditions for women in the Philippines wasn't real good in the 1980s and 1990s. Employment was nearly impossible and there was a big mail order bride culture going on so Philippine women could come to the US. It could show why NG needed a child so badly and why she put up with what was going on. I guess that is some mitigation. Twisted and totally unacceptable but the pieces fit.

I have a question for Nancy Garrido. HOW could you do this???????

I think she should rot in prison along with HIM!

Hi, I'd love to know what her involvement is in this fiasco and exactly what charges have been laid against her. Unless she is submissively weak it is amazing she would put up with such drastic happenings in her home. I mean, this is way beyond a woman doing anything to keep a man, don't you think?

Since this case broke, I don't think I've seen a single comment about her (except her lawyer) from a neighbor, business contact, or acquaintance. Has anyone? Maybe I've missed something.

Well, his brother commented about their marriage in prison, but nothing about her personally.

Since this case broke, I don't think I've seen a single comment about her (except her lawyer) from a neighbor, business contact, or acquaintance. Has anyone? Maybe I've missed something.

Well, his brother commented about their marriage in prison, but nothing about her personally.

Ron Garrido said his brother's wife, Nancy Garrido, who was also arrested, was "a robot" under her husband's control.

"She would do anything he asked her to," said Ron Garrido, a former electrician and retired supervisor at the East Contra Costa Irrigation District. "I told my wife, 'It's no different from Manson and those girls.' She was under his control."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MNHQ19EU4O.DTL#ixzz0Pha9etMP

Ron Garrido said his brother's wife, Nancy Garrido, who was also arrested, was "a robot" under her husband's control.

"She would do anything he asked her to," said Ron Garrido, a former electrician and retired supervisor at the East Contra Costa Irrigation District. "I told my wife, 'It's no different from Manson and those girls.' She was under his control."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MNHQ19EU4O.DTL#ixzz0Pha9etMP

That makes sense somehow. No excuse however. I'm not a violent person, but if my husband ever did that, he may have gone to sleep that night, but he wouldn't have woke up in the morning. I think any normal person wouldn't accept violence against a child.

I don't think there's any reason to believe she's not a pervert too. She's being charged with everything he's been charged with. She participated in the kidnapping. She went shopping for a prisoner husband - she must have known he kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman. Maybe she was simply into it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123816/Jaycee-s-first-words-Mom-I-have-babies

"Police say she shares not only Garrido’s bizarre “religious” beliefs – together they formed a crackpot cult called God’s Desire, holding meetings at their Antioch home – but also his deviant sexual attitudes.
Detectives told her that her *husband had been diagnosed as *psychotic and addicted to “forced sex”. She allegedly blurted out: “So what? We have the same tastes.”
The senior officer revealed: “This is clearly a match made in hell. We know she took an active part in the abduction. But did she play a physical part in the never-ending nightmare her husband inflicted on Jaycee?"

Some of the original news reports from 1991 say that witnesses of the abduction saw the woman in the vehicle (that would be Nancy) drag the kicking & screaming little girl into the car

She may have been submissive in the beginning but she became an aggressive Perp. He was again imprisoned during the captivity and she stepped into his shoes maintaining JC's captivity.

A match made in Hell is right. The Zuniga woman is definitely spineless and criminal no matter how she met this man. He was in jail and she was a grown woman when they met. He probably did manipulate and brainwash her during the prison courtship and no telling what the story is with the uncle, but she's responsible for going along with it all for so many years. It's so hard for me to imagine following any man much less going along with hurting children. May she live the rest of her miserable days in prison and never get out or get around any young 18 year old or so prison inmates. They need protection from these types of monsters also.

You know what, looking at this sketch and photo reminds me of the fact that Jaycee's stepfather did such a good job with the description of the suspects for the police sketches, the vehicle, everything. It is a shame that they didn't work harder to find suspects based on his description and instead basically turned him into a suspect. I think he deserves a public apology and possibly even a portion of the reward, if there is still a reward. The other portion going to the campus police officers, of course.

Where was she born? One article says Phillippines, another says Texas. I've found two NBs in Texas born 1955.

A match made in Hell is right. The Zuniga woman is definitely spineless and criminal no matter how she met this man. He was in jail and she was a grown woman when they met. He probably did manipulate and brainwash her during the prison courtship and no telling what the story is with the uncle, but she's responsible for going along with it all for so many years. It's so hard for me to imagine following any man much less going along with hurting children. May she live the rest of her miserable days in prison and never get out or get around any young 18 year old or so prison inmates. They need protection from these types of monsters also.

I guess her name was actually Boconegra.

I do show a Nancy Garrido dob 7/18/55 with an address in Leavenworth, KS. I wonder if this is the same woman and perhaps this is property she owns and/or inherited?.

we are stationed in Leavenworth. I live not even mile from the USP where he was in prison. Leavenworth is a HUGE prison town... there are five just in the town alone.... there are 14 in the county. When people are in prison loved ones will come and live in rentals so they can be near their loved one. I am going to go out on a limb here and think that she met him while he was in prison (I did read that in an article somewhere) and she came to Leavenworth to be nearer to him until he got out. As to how she met him.... could have been she was one of those nutty pen pal kinda things... I really want to know more about this woman! That is FOR SURE! It was her arms that snatched that child off the street!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/123816/Jaycee-s-first-words-Mom-I-have-babies

"Police say she shares not only Garrido’s bizarre “religious” beliefs – together they formed a crackpot cult called God’s Desire, holding meetings at their Antioch home – but also his deviant sexual attitudes.
Detectives told her that her *husband had been diagnosed as *psychotic and addicted to “forced sex”. She allegedly blurted out: “So what? We have the same tastes.”
The senior officer revealed: “This is clearly a match made in hell. We know she took an active part in the abduction. But did she play a physical part in the never-ending nightmare her husband inflicted on Jaycee?"

Some of the original news reports from 1991 say that witnesses of the abduction saw the woman in the vehicle (that would be Nancy) drag the kicking & screaming little girl into the car

great find! I am bumping this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member