George and Cindy in NC

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be perfectly honest, imho, our current media hasn't focused on hard news for quite some time. I'm with ya Kimberly, and agree that there are far far more serious and pressing matters. But media is business. A very sad, vapid business.

As for the Ants - they're at minute 14:59

(though who is hyping this fox/examiner tells me a lot about the money trail)

Oh, I think the other major news is being covered. I'm getting it, I know. The A's seem to be pushed back into the entertainment or people section of the news. On this forum you would not expect to find anything but information on the A's. But for the most part I see regular news on my computer with no mention of them and some is far more interesting than the A's. jmo

It appears someone who was also shopping took the picture at Belk's, nothing more. It also appears they may have given the photos to the media....or better yet SOLD them. Karma, gotta love it. And let's be honest here you can't have your attorney shopping for a 6 figure interview on one of the high-profile talk shows and not expect to be treated the same as anyone else in the news. In other words...."you can't have your cake and eat it, too." They are keeping themselves front and center. They should never have to hide but if they expect to stop the media from following them around they need to get back to having a normal lifestyle. But, normal is not what CA wants. She obviously likes the attention of the media or they would not presenting themselves as celebs. Obviously that "Foundation" money is being used "wisely" since neither one of them has a job.

Two states are already starting to investigate charities and abuses because of the many 9/11 charities that made promises only to have the majority of the money go towards personal expenses. Promises made and not kept. All states need to do this with all listed charities. People are being encouraged to report what they feel is a charity that has not fulfilled it's goals so they can be investigated. IT'S ABOUT TIME. jmo

Giving an interview is quite different than picking out your next outfit in a mall wouldn't you say?
One is informative, one is just... well, not.

I can not, for the life of me, figure out why this is important to anybody AT ALL.

It's just my opinion.

If they want to be left alone, they need to get out and stay out of the media, plain and simple. Their son did it, so they can do it too.

snipped

But they weren't in the media, they were in the mall!

So why does getting on with their lives always involve a camera in their faces? Can't they make that same statement like Lee, just go away quietly and don't talk to the media at all? And I don't think it's cowardly if they just stop talking to the media and quietly live their lives. That would actually be something I would respect them for. But no, it's always call the media and get Lippman on the horn. That is not making a statement, that is trying desperately to make money so they don't have to work.

Look, I don't mind them shopping. But if they get in the news because of it, it's because they can't stop putting their faces in the media. If they want to be left alone, they need to get out and stay out of the media, plain and simple. Their son did it, so they can do it too.

Again - thanks for your post. I don't personally think it cowardly to get out of Dodge & let things die down so I COULD RETURN TO LIFE as I know it. Lee is doing it, as you point out; apparently with all this $$$ flying about, they could just lay low & let this go . . .

I'm okay to respectfully disagree on this issue as I believe the As continue this circus & feed into this circus -- they have nothing better to do IMHO.

snipped

I was talking about in general. I know they were shopping at a mall and other people were taking pictures of them. Why did that happen in the first place? Could it be the interview on Dr. Phil that's all over the media? If they would stay out of the media, period, they would be able to shop at a mall with no one caring one way or the other. That is what I'm saying. I bet Lee goes shopping with Mallory, heck, he's probably had to go do some wedding registeries recently, or at least in the last six months or so - that takes a lot of time to do. And is the media all over him? No, not at all. Why can't his parents take a note from him and quietly live their lives? It's not impossible for them to do, not when Lee has been so successful in doing it himself.

snipped

Nat, you know they should never shop for clothes again, never take a vacation again, never buy a leaf blower again.
They should sit in a room at look at the four walls because their daughter is a murderer and they love her and tried to keep her from getting the DP.

All of their rights and freedoms should be stripped you know!

I was just thinking the same thing, Strawberry ... and glad you are back and safe ! :great:

I sure would like to know the REAL REASON the Anthony's are in North Carolina ...

Let's see ... the Bahamas, and swimming those poor dolphins ... Texas for the Dr. Phil Interview ... :sick:

And now North Carolina ... :sick: Did they have their ATTORNEY along with them when they were "shopping" ? :floorlaugh: They may have needed him ... :floorlaugh:

MOO ...

GA's family had a wedding on the 27th. I imagine they were on their way home and you have to go through NC to get there. lol

:waitasec: Just had a "thought" :innocent: which may or may NOT be related ...

The Anthony's were back in the news again YESTERDAY EVENING ... and they are back in the news again this morning ... in North Carolina.

What a "coincidence" :innocent:

There was a "NEW PROMO" that was released yesterday for the upcoming Dr. Phil Show, and this "new promo" shows Dr. Phil asking some "hard questions" ... but does NOT show Cindy or George's responses ... In my opinion, this promo was done to get the public's interest because there has been such a tremendous "backlash" against the Anthony's for going on Dr. Phil ...

MOO MOO MOO ...

Someone felt uneasy with the Florida couple there????? Why would they feel uneasy? I guess the answer is people still just do not trust them. jmo

If I was in a store and I saw them I would be more than just uneasy! Visions of a hammer wielding Cindy come to mind, they both have dangerous tempers. Just knowing that they raised that femme fetale felon of theirs is enough reason for me to not even want to be on the same planet with them.
MOO

Oh, I think the other major news is being covered. I'm getting it, I know. The A's seem to be pushed back into the entertainment or people section of the news. On this forum you would not expect to find anything but information on the A's. But for the most part I see regular news on my computer with no mention of them and some is far more interesting than the A's. jmo

Quite so, LambChop, I see little of it anymore in my neck of the woods. My comment was really directed at what see as media's cult of celebrity focus and spin. All of these media personality 15 minutes of fame- prostitutes drive me bonkers. CA GA - eh.

Giving an interview is quite different than picking out your next outfit in a mall wouldn't you say?

I can not, for the life of me, figure out why this is important to anybody AT ALL.

It's just my opinion.

Slow news day I guess. I don't get it, either.

If I was in a store and I saw them I would be more than just uneasy! Visions of a hammer wielding Cindy come to mind, they both have dangerous tempers. Just knowing that they raised that femme fetale felon of theirs is enough reason for me to not even want to be on the same planet with them.
MOO
If I were in a store and saw them, I would hug them both and provide my condolences on the death of Caylee.

GA's family had a wedding on the 27th. I imagine they were on their way home and you have to go through NC to get there. lol

Oh ... I did not hear about a "wedding" in GA's family ... Did I miss the link or the story on this ?

TIA !

It's just my opinion.

BBM: I don't know. Maybe because most people cannot believe grandparents would act out in the manner in which the A's did. CA loves the attention. She's a strong, strong woman. If this were offensive to her she'd be back to work at a regular job and assuming a normal life. They are not going to do that and will milk the media for all their worth and feel as if they accomplished something significant. Besides I'm thinking maybe CA feels she needs to get financially healthy now incase KC gets pregnant again so she can go after custody. It's possible, but just my opinion.

I was just thinking the same thing, Strawberry ... and glad you are back and safe ! :great:

I sure would like to know the REAL REASON the Anthony's are in North Carolina ...

Let's see ... the Bahamas, and swimming those poor dolphins ... Texas for the Dr. Phil Interview ... :sick:

And now North Carolina ... :sick: Did they have their ATTORNEY along with them when they were "shopping" ? :floorlaugh: They may have needed him ... :floorlaugh:

MOO ...

I'd like to know why they're driving. Where's the private jet or their seats in first class, and no limousine driver? Wow! Maybe they're just trying to keep it real. :floorlaugh:

Oh ... I did not hear about a "wedding" in GA's family ... Did I miss the link or the story on this ?

TIA !

It was when KC was in Ohio and someone asked GA's sister if they were helping KC. I guess it was well known in the area that the wedding was taking place on August 27th at the Country Club. So it would be in the thread with the Ohio pictures of KC. jmo

MOO

How many reports have there been of CA or GA hurting someone at a mall or any other public place?

No reason anyone should feel uneasy about a married couple with no previous violent charges/records shopping at Belk.

Who ever "reported" them to security for shopping needs to get a life IMO.

Aren't they celebrities now? :innocent:

They have put themselves out there -- they might as well live like zoo animals . . . not that they are. I still feel for them & pray they find peace (especially George). If it were me, I'd be hiding on an island in the South Pacific away from media frenzy (that THEY continue to make).

Yeah, they think they're celebrities; just ask them. :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be out of the A's possibility to have staged this sighting themselves. It's just more of the same, keep them in the news because they have their own financial agenda with Dr. Phil coming up.

Slow news day I guess. I don't get it, either.

Small town in NC. What more can I say? Not much action here in NC so anyone who had ever been on TV would be an attraction and I'm sure the person who took the picture was thinking, "Why are they here???" Are they visiting KC????? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie