Reaction score
Christine Young Ho Park

park_christine.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: September 3, 1993 from San Bernardino, California
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: September 5, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'3, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, brown eyes. Park is of Korean descent.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Blue jean shorts and a gray sweatshirt with the words "Bowdin College" written on the front.

Details of Disappearance
Park was last seen at the Arrowhead Springs Conference Center in San Bernardino, California on September 3, 1993, two days before her twenty-seventh birthday. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department
909-387-3699

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/park_christine.html

Today, September 3, 2007, marks the fourteenth anniversary of Christine's disappearance. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Christine Young Ho Park's disappearance, please contact the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department the 909-387-3699 or your local police station (you can remain annonymous).

I could never get a confirmation from law enforcement about this, but I think Christine's shirt probably actually said "Bowdoin College." There's a Bowdoin College, pronounced "bo-din," in Maine. I can't find any Bowdin Colleges anywhere, though. I wrote to them about it ages ago and they said they'd check, but never got back to me.

Bump

Christine has been missing almost 17 years. Come home soon.

Missing for 20 years today. Christine is about to turn 47 y/o if she's still alive.

A few extra details I've found: Arrowhead Springs Conference Centre was used for church groups and Christian conferences, and from the 60s until 1991 was used as the headquarters of Campus Crusade for Christ.

So, we can fairly safely hazard a guess that Christine was there for some variety of Christian event.

Also, I wonder how long she had been in the US - since childhood? School? Did she come to study at Bowdoin?

Have found an old (but undated) address for her:

17432 Minnehaha St, Granada Hills, CA, 91344-6046

I could never get a confirmation from law enforcement about this, but I think Christine's shirt probably actually said "Bowdoin College." There's a Bowdoin College, pronounced "bo-din," in Maine. I can't find any Bowdin Colleges anywhere, though. I wrote to them about it ages ago and they said they'd check, but never got back to me.

I think you're definitely right.

Man, there is just NO information on this girl anywhere. Perhaps she was a recent immigrant?

A few extra details I've found: Arrowhead Springs Conference Centre was used for church groups and Christian conferences, and from the 60s until 1991 was used as the headquarters of Campus Crusade for Christ.

So, we can fairly safely hazard a guess that Christine was there for some variety of Christian event.

Also, I wonder how long she had been in the US - since childhood? School? Did she come to study at Bowdoin?

Maybe someone should contact that church---perhaps they have information on her attending services, or people who might've known her?

Maybe someone should contact that church---perhaps they have information on her attending services, or people who might've known her?

I've tried to find it, but it looks like all sorts of churches did events there. Also, unfortunately the conference centre has since change ownership and is now going to be redeveloped as something else, so can't even ask them for their scheduling for September 1993.

I've tried to find it, but it looks like all sorts of churches did events there. Also, unfortunately the conference centre has since change ownership and is now going to be redeveloped as something else, so can't even ask them for their scheduling for September 1993.

I guess the only route to possibly get more info is emailing LE. the fact that her photo is in black and white as well is just so... odd. i feel like few people probably knew her and maybe her parents were in Korea or something. there's just zero mention of her anywhere. have you had any luck in finding anything on her?

I guess the only route to possibly get more info is emailing LE. the fact that her photo is in black and white as well is just so... odd. i feel like few people probably knew her and maybe her parents were in Korea or something. there's just zero mention of her anywhere. have you had any luck in finding anything on her?

Have found absolutely no other information about her unfortunately, absolutely nothing. I did find her in public records sometimes as Christine Young Hoon Park, but that may well be a misspelling. The Granada Hills address was at some point (no dates, so may have been before or after Christine's time) lived in by other people with the surname Park - but that doesn't help much, as Park is an incredibly common Korean surname. Her case isn't listed on the San Bernardino County Sheriff's website, but is listed by the California missing person register, so I think I might email them and ask... I can't find an email address for them unfortunately, but will keep looking.

Have found absolutely no other information about her unfortunately, absolutely nothing. I did find her in public records sometimes as Christine Young Hoon Park, but that may well be a misspelling. The Granada Hills address was at some point (no dates, so may have been before or after Christine's time) lived in by other people with the surname Park - but that doesn't help much, as Park is an incredibly common Korean surname. Her case isn't listed on the San Bernardino County Sheriff's website, but is listed by the California missing person register, so I think I might email them and ask... I can't find an email address for them unfortunately, but will keep looking.

Maybe someone could email Bowdoin College as well. Can't find her connected to there in google search but maybe they have a secret alumni directory? If we tell them the details of the case perhaps they'd wanna help out
Update: I emailed someone that deals with Bowdoin alumni and hopefully she'll respond with some answers!

Maybe someone could email Bowdoin College as well. Can't find her connected to there in google search but maybe they have a secret alumni directory? If we tell them the details of the case perhaps they'd wanna help out
Update: I emailed someone that deals with Bowdoin alumni and hopefully she'll respond with some answers!

Did you have any luck with this? Frustrating when there is so little information about a case.

Did you have any luck with this? Frustrating when there is so little information about a case.

I asked a friend to look her up but she wasn't there/wouldn't have been there. people have to add themselves to the directory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back