AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeaux :)

If I could give you a hug I would! I know you aren't trying to malign anyone. And I do appreciate any flow of info, particularly since LE seems a little tight lipped. I want to say thank you for that <3 I know she was heavily into drugs, but what I had meant was that she was not so far gone that she was afraid to get herself stuck out in the middle of nowhere and not able to get a fix, or at least a ride. I believe, or maybe I'd prefer to believe, that she knew her child would be better off with someone else.

I wonder how long Brittney's parents knew there were allegations against the uncle Donnie. I wonder how long Brittney knew as well (seems implausible to me that she didn't know.)

From the news reports of those other two uncles being arrested, it seemed as if they weren't acting independently.. that they were involved together. With the investigation of uncle Donnie, maybe its a jump for me to assume that all three were involved, but it doesn't feel like a jump at all. And if Brittney's parents were aware of one investigation but not aware of the other two, then to me that means Brittney probably wasn't the/an accuser, or fingerpointer. If that makes sense...

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if those families stand by the accused relative. I'd say thats more common than not. (Case in point: I wonder if Matt Sandusky was able to change Mrs.'s Sandusky's mind of her husband's innocence.)

I just feel that her disappearance is related to his suicide, and the suicide is related to his investigation. Which is why I'd love to know what her parents knew and when, and more importantly, what Brittney knew and when. I'd like to know if she took sides, or if the whole situation even came up on her radar.

Zeaux :)

If I could give you a hug I would! I know you aren't trying to malign anyone. And I do appreciate any flow of info, particularly since LE seems a little tight lipped. I want to say thank you for that <3 I know she was heavily into drugs, but what I had meant was that she was not so far gone that she was afraid to get herself stuck out in the middle of nowhere and not able to get a fix, or at least a ride. I believe, or maybe I'd prefer to believe, that she knew her child would be better off with someone else.

I wonder how long Brittney's parents knew there were allegations against the uncle Donnie. I wonder how long Brittney knew as well (seems implausible to me that she didn't know.)

From the news reports of those other two uncles being arrested, it seemed as if they weren't acting independently.. that they were involved together. With the investigation of uncle Donnie, maybe its a jump for me to assume that all three were involved, but it doesn't feel like a jump at all. And if Brittney's parents were aware of one investigation but not aware of the other two, then to me that means Brittney probably wasn't the/an accuser, or fingerpointer. If that makes sense...

I wouldn't be surprised at all, if those families stand by the accused relative. I'd say thats more common than not. (Case in point: I wonder if Matt Sandusky was able to change Mrs.'s Sandusky's mind of her husband's innocence.)

I just feel that her disappearance is related to his suicide, and the suicide is related to his investigation. Which is why I'd love to know what her parents knew and when, and more importantly, what Brittney knew and when. I'd like to know if she took sides, or if the whole situation even came up on her radar.

Aw, thanks! I feel the hug through your kind words.

I think you're right that Brittney wasn't so far gone that for one thing, she let her appearance go. I also believe she loved her child very much and wanted the best home for her. She still saw her regularly as she was still very close to AH. It wasn't like she had abandoned her or ever lost contact. She was just not yet quite responsible enough to be sole provider for her child. I also have not heard that she would hitchhike, but would rather walk or call friends she knew for a ride. As the maps show, many of her family members lived within short walking distance to one another.

I don't know a specific time frame for when different people because aware of the charges against DH. I think your observations are very reasonable and ones I have as well regarding the connection between the 3 uncles and how BW doesn't fit in with it. But I am only using deductive reasoning and not firsthand knowledge.

My guess about BW's take on DH's allegations is that she was aware, but maybe not too worried about it. Just a hunch based on her willingness to still spend time with him.

I might add that BW believed she was tough, even invincible. She wasn't afraid of things other girls her age might be afraid of. Sometimes fear is a good protective device, and she may have let her guard down because she didn't have fear.

I have an important update/correction.

One of my sources who has repeatedly told me DH was at Styx River when he shot himself was incorrect. He was "near" his home in Fairhope. Not at the home, but near it in a remote area.

I sincerely apologize for all of the confusion that I apparently created. I can only explain that the information coming in and out is very fragmented and everyone involved is trying to piece it together. What seemed like a minor detail to my source was a major detail to you all here. When I asked for confirmation, that source never double checked, just assumed their info was correct. I have received the information from another source who knows all of the players, talks to LE, etc.

From now on, if anything is questionable, I will check with more than one source to confirm it. So far, that's the only thing that I know of that was questionable. Again, I am so sorry.

So if he was found "near" his home in Fairhope in a remote area how did his wife manage to find him? Was she out looking for him for some reason?Did she just happen to stumble upon the remote location?I'm confused.

My hope is that out of all this tragedy, some of these adults get a serious wakeup call and make some major changes and raise this next generation to be well-adjusted, law abiding, prosperous individuals. I look at the innocent eyes of their children and think one day, if nothing changes, these babies are going to end up like the other adults in their family. So sad.
I hope Child Protective Services is taking some serious notes or that other people step up and report things that so far have gone unreported regarding abuse against these kids.
DH faces no charges now, but I hope a Judge demands counseling for his victim.

So if he was found "near" his home in Fairhope in a remote area how did his wife manage to find him? Was she out looking for him for some reason?Did she just happen to stumble upon the remote location?I'm confused.

If you have the default page settings, I believe on page 45 Eileen posted a satellite map of WWH & DH's home. Adjacent to their property, just South of the road, is an unimproved path. That's the approximate location. So, it is in plain view, just off the main road. I gather from that he wanted to easily be found, but not where his kids might run across him. MOO

There's a yellow house across from the address for DPH whitepages .com.
:crazy:

Chessie's fb page mentions a prayer vigil tonight.

Zeaux, do you know if the family searched for Brittney this weekend? Have they been actively searching? I have to say if I thought there was any chance my daughter was out there somewhere, I'd be searching sunup to sundown.

Is it true that BW dropped out of school in the 8th grade? Why? If true, where were her parents??

I will say it again: the parents perpetuate the cycle of poverty and abuse. They do nothing to get their kids out of that life. I raised two and there was never a question of dropping out of school. Do these kinds of parents just not care? Give up? Do they think it is ok to let their daughters - who have children - just take off and walk to who-knows-where? I guess i am just not getting why nobody in this clan gives a rip.

Chessie's fb page mentions a prayer vigil tonight.

Zeaux, do you know if the family searched for Brittney this weekend? Have they been actively searching? I have to say if I thought there was any chance my daughter was out there somewhere, I'd be searching sunup to sundown.

There was an organized search Saturday in the Grand Bay area.

There were several FB posts about her phone being turned back on a few days later. Do we know where the phone was at that time? It might be that LE remotely turned on the phone. They can even look through the phone's camera to see it's surroundings and listen in to ambient conversations through the phone's microphone.

Was it a Klaaskids search? Were her parents there? Thanks Zeaux!

I know Mobile PD was there, and I'm pretty sure KlaasKids was, but I haven't heard since to confirm that. Her parents were there.

There were several FB posts about her phone being turned back on a few days later. Do we know where the phone was at that time? It might be that LE remotely turned on the phone. They can even look through the phone's camera to see it's surroundings and listen in to ambient conversations through the phone's microphone.

I know there was been talk about it being turned back on, but I don't know that it has ever been verified. It may have been one statement being repeated, then becoming accepted as fact.

If it was turned back on, it didn't ping. The very last ping whatsoever was the one at 1:47 am, June 1 from Grand Bay.

Her parents are very well aware that the phone may have been in Grand Bay, but that doesn't mean BW was, and they remind LE of that. Her phone has yet to be found. It was prepaid and now the minutes are expired so I don't know what that means in terms of what LE can do with it. I'm not that tech savvy.

I will say it again: the parents perpetuate the cycle of poverty and abuse. They do nothing to get their kids out of that life. I raised two and there was never a question of dropping out of school. Do these kinds of parents just not care? Give up? Do they think it is ok to let their daughters - who have children - just take off and walk to who-knows-where? I guess i am just not getting why nobody in this clan gives a rip.

I don't think that it's true that nobody "gives a rip". Her parents and siblings love her very much. They might not be well educated nor did they have upstanding role models themselves (trust me, they did not), but they're doing the best they know how. Sure they've made mistakes, but it wasn't out of lack of concern for their children. They live in a poor state with very limited social organizations set up to help them learn how to improve. I'm not making excuses, I'm just explaining how it happens that kids growing up with poor role models never learn how to break the cycle.

Like I said before, I hope the silver lining is they do learn some new skills so the next generation is different.

I know there was been talk about it being turned back on, but I don't know that it has ever been verified. It may have been one statement being repeated, then becoming accepted as fact.

If it was turned back on, it didn't ping. The very last ping whatsoever was the one at 1:47 am, June 1 from Grand Bay.

Her parents are very well aware that the phone may have been in Grand Bay, but that doesn't mean BW was, and they remind LE of that. Her phone has yet to be found. It was prepaid and now the minutes are expired so I don't know what that means in terms of what LE can do with it. I'm not that tech savvy.

Thanks Zeaux.

Not directed at you, but if it was important I'm sure LE would communicate with the cell phone provider to feed the phone some minutes to keep it active.

I have never heard he did meth. Pain pills, yes, he had prescriptions. Pot, I'd say more than likely.

Did he allow drug use in his home while his children were home? If so, I have to wonder how complicit his wife was...

Thanks Zeaux.

Not directed at you, but if it was important I'm sure LE would communicate with the cell phone provider to feed the phone some minutes to keep it active.

I hadn't thought of that. I've always been on a plan with a major carrier, so I know next to nothing about anything else with cell phones.

Did he allow drug use in his home while his children were home? If so, I have to wonder how complicit his wife was...

I have no idea. If the allegations of sexual abuse are true, then I'd say he's capable of most anything. MOO I consider child predators the worst kind of evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23