Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two words: Trees, underbrush. Those dampen sound too, right? :waitasec:

I agree completely. There is a shooting range just a couple miles away from where I live. They use it mostly during the summer for LE to do their requisite target shooting every year. The only time I hear them is if there is many a number of guns going off at the same time. And, that is if the wind is right and my window are open in the back.

What a man. I know that I would not have the sense to keep everyone away knowing that its a crime scene.

May the Lord bless both these families.
I think his reaction speaks more to him protecting the girls, in a sense, than actually being concerned about the crime scene. He would never had touched her phone if that were the case.

They were on their way back according to the reports.

So, they were already on the way back even before the grandfather tried calling them. I know that LE has taken many a picture of the crime scene, but I wonder if they found they had been running and not walking before they were murdered.

Being shot in the chest is one thing (multiple times, no less), but each shot in the head is another. Intent made to kill them and final shots to be sure they were dead.

Interesting point. They should have been able to tell that, but they have not released anything that would give me that impression. I would also like to know the range of how close the guns were to the girls. Were the shooters still in the vehicle or right up on the girls?

I may have missed this, but what direction were the girls found? Walking away from the direction of home or facing returning home?

Both being shot in the chest tells me those shots were first. Both being shot in the head tells me who ever killed them wanted to be sure they were dead. Whoever killed them is not just some sick a-hole. They knew what they "needed" to do for their reasons. I have no doubt they have murdered before. Only a cold hearted *advertiser censored* would murder two young girls. There was a reason he (they) wanted them dead.

The familes have nothing to do with this, of that I feel very sure. I feel strongly there is some kind of dealing history in that part of the county and these angels innocently walked into it. I think this is a huge deal and spokespeople will not be sharing to much save for the very basics. IMVHO....

I don't know Data, stranger things have happened. Do you remember the case of 9 year old Krystal Tobias and her 8 year old friend, Laura Hobbs? They went missing on a Sunday and were found the next day. It turned out the person whom stabbed and beat them to death in the park was the father of one of them, angry because his daughter didn't want to return home. :(

The familes have nothing to do with this, of that I feel very sure. I feel strongly there is some kind of dealing history in that part of the county and these angels innocently walked into it. I think this is a huge deal and spokespeople will not be sharing to much save for the very basics. IMVHO....

I agree with you, Data; I don't think the family is involved in the murders either.

From what I've read, the girls' bodies were brought to that location...so they were not found at the actual crime scene.

Not sure where you got that Deb, but they have stated the girls were killed exactly where they were found as far as they can tell. I would take this to mean the blood evidence was present at the scene along with the casings to support this.

From what I've read, the girls' bodies were brought to that location...so they were not found at the actual crime scene.

Hiya Deb! I hadn't seen that anywhere..they were gone such short time, how could that be? Could you share where you read this? TIA :blowkiss:

They were on their way back according to the reports.

That's strange, because I was picturing them walking up on something. But if they were on their way back, they would have passed the same spot just a few minutes earlier. Maybe they walked up on something at the bridge, then walked (or ran) the other way -- back towards home, and then the vehicle came after them.

The Graham ISD appears to be due east of Weleetka with State Road 84 going through the middle of it (according to the map from Okfuskee county at geo.ou.edu)

Reports state the girls were going north on the dirt road toward a bridge frequented as a meeting place. So, if they were returning and were shot in the chest, wouldn't the car/vehicle, if there were one, have to come from the direction of their house? I'm thinking the tracks they report doing a u-turn were foot prints. It's a wonder that grandfather didn't get shot as well if they were still in the area.

Making every report add up is kind of difficult with the short time span and the means in which the girls were traveling as well as the tracks.

I agree with you, Data; I don't think the family is involved in the murders either.
Well..with the exception we still don't know about the parents of Taylor and their associations. I don't think the grandparents or Skyla's parents are involved.

I don't know Data, stranger things have happened. Do you remember the case of 9 year old Krystal Tobias and her 8 year old friend, Laura Hobbs? They went missing on a Sunday and were found the next day. It turned out the person whom stabbed and beat them to death in the park was the father of one of them, angry because his daughter didn't want to return home. :(

I remember that and that was so sad...but again..he made some attempt to hide the bodies. I don't know what to make of this one.

The Graham ISD appears to be due east of Weleetka with State Road 84 going through the middle of it (according to the map from Okfuskee county at geo.ou.edu)

Reports state the girls were going north on the dirt road toward a bridge frequented as a meeting place. So, if they were returning and were shot in the chest, wouldn't the car/vehicle, if there were one, have to come from the direction of their house? I'm thinking the tracks they report doing a u-turn were foot prints. It's a wonder that grandfather didn't get shot as well if they were still in the area.

Making every report add up is kind of difficult with the short time span and the means in which the girls were traveling as well as the tracks.
I actually would assume the tracks were car tracks and they might have been coming south then did a U-turn back towards the north away from her house. County line roads are intersecting at every mile or so. I don't believe it was a dead end road from everything I have heard so far.

Well..with the exception we still don't know about the parents of Taylor and their associations. I don't think the grandparents or Skyla's parents are involved.

Maybe one of those custody/revenge situations? Could be. I wonder why the newspapers haven't identified the parents.

They were found in a ditch on the side of a dirt road in a rural part of the state. Rosser said authorities did not believe the girls were sexually assaulted before the murder, but DNA samples and their clothes were being processed for evidence.

State law enforcement officials sent investigators to help local police comb the crime scene, located in a densely wooded area. Authorities were looking into tire tracks near the spot where the girls were found, as well as shoe imprints. Heavy rains throughout the day Monday did not help the investigation.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=5037169&page=2

I would hope they are digging to find out that information as we speak. A visit to the Department of Vital Statistics would be a good place to start or being this is a small town...the local cafe would probably turn up that plus even more details.

Two Guns Used In Girls' Killings

Posted: June 11, 2008 01:38 PM EDT
Updated: June 11, 2008 01:38 PM EDT
State investigators say they believe two people are responsible for the killing of two young girls on a country road near Weleetka.
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Wednesday two different caliber weapons were used to kill 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker. Because two weapons were used, Brown says investigators believe there were two killers.
Brown declined to say what type of weapons were used.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=8464424

That's strange, because I was picturing them walking up on something. But if they were on their way back, they would have passed the same spot just a few minutes earlier. Maybe they walked up on something at the bridge, then walked (or ran) the other way -- back towards home, and then the vehicle came after them.

I wonder if both of your thoughts are true. They had not been gone long. What if they were walking away from home,simply doing what young girls do, and came across "whatever"? It's very possible it freaked them out and they turned to return home?

You have to wonder what did these two angels see? I cannot help but wonder if it's more than some drug dealings going on. I think there is more to this, I really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail