Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was densely wooded in the ditch where they were found. I don't take it to mean they were moved. Shoe prints would indicate the shooter/shooters were outside of the car tho.

I think it is ridiculous that this is getting more national attention than local on our television coverage here. (I am very glad about the national coverage!!) If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!

Given that LE is telling families living in this area to keep their children close to home, I do not think that any other family members are involved in this tragedy.

This was a stranger/s murder of 2 innocents.

If LE think it possible that the killer/s are local, then I think I would check into those with guns registared, shooting sportsman clubs, and even those who applied for hunting licenses in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing but possibilties gained.

My guess is that the guns were purchased on the black market and are not going to be so easily traced. I don't expect to find these were locals.

They have probably already rounded up and interviewed the usual suspects for the area. If not, they are looking for them now. They know who is who readily in such a remote area.

Given that LE is telling families living in this area to keep their children close to home, I do not think that any other family members are involved in this tragedy.

This was a stranger/s murder of 2 innocents.

If LE think it possible that the killer/s are local, then I think I would check into those with guns registared, shooting sportsman clubs, and even those who applied for hunting licenses in the past. Nothing ventured, nothing but possibilties gained.

I would bet that every family in Weleetka has at least one gun.

I think it is ridiculous that this is getting more national attention than local on our television coverage here. (I am very glad about the national coverage!!) If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!

I agree!
but the "news service" is really no different than the rest of the station... it's all about profit$.

OK I have to fly for awhile. Keep up the news so I have plenty to read when I return!!

hunters have licenses, registered guns are owned by responsible people who are likely to have carry permits...... but lots of hoohaws "got a piece" & those are the guns more likely to be involved with murder.

If I were the station manager here...I would have this running and reporters scrambling with wall to wall coverage. Idiots. They are discussing thermostats on the news now. GRRRR!

If they were still missing the coverage would be much greater.

I would bet that every family in Weleetka has at least one gun.

Yeah, you're probably right. I forget because I live in an area of the country where gun onwership isn't large. That doesn't make it wrong, I just forget...

Where is the info about the trust funds? I'm leaving work early to go to the dentist and want to send a check off to them to help these families pay for the funerals. That's the last thing they should be worried about.

Where is the info about the trust funds? I'm leaving work early to go to the dentist and want to send a check off to them to help these families pay for the funerals. That's the last thing they should be worried about.

Donations may be sent to:

Bank of Commerce, P.O. Box 248, Weleetka, OK 74880.

For more information call (405) 786-2216.

That's strange, because I was picturing them walking up on something. But if they were on their way back, they would have passed the same spot just a few minutes earlier. Maybe they walked up on something at the bridge, then walked (or ran) the other way -- back towards home, and then the vehicle came after them.

It was stated somewhere that the ground was muddy. If they could find the girls footprints, that would give an indication if they were walking or running by the distance between strides.

Regarding cell towers. I checked the ATT wireless website and for that company, it looks like they had a tower in Weleetka. Great coverage extends around the town for about 2-3 miles, as does great coverage on either side of I-40. There's a pocket between Weleetka and I-40 where coverage is mediocre, so I guess cell's there can get either the Weleetka one or one along I-40.

If they lived closer to Weleetka, I'd think the ping info on that would be easier to get and track for that time frame. However, one report I read said that Skyla was from Henryetta, which leads me to believe they lived closer to the NE of Weleetka and may be in the nether zone.

All this assuming is based on similar cell phone reception/tower placement among other cell providers. I realize that that is a wide assumption.

Can all calls in a certain time frame be tracked from a tower? In other words can a reverse ping be done to find phone numbers from a tower instead of a phone like we are used to?

I don't understand this, because at the presser yesterday, Local LE thanked the media and gave the impression they wanted media involvement.

sheriff choate and the uncle both mentioned taylor's dog was with the girls. was the dog shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail