FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, but I wanted to comment on the mobile home pic, as I live in one currently that looks to be about the same age. We have the side door like this one, and our kitchen window is smaller (like the one in the back of the house). Our laundry room has no windows. Also want to add that the largest pipe coming out of the roof looks identical to my neighbors mobile home that has a fireplace. Our kitchen just has a smaller roof vent on it. Just wanted to add this info incase it helps in creating a floorplan.

Ok all don't flame me....

You might want to check the state laws on age of an adult. I know many states are 17 you are considered adult. FL law states that consent is 16, not that I think that it is correct but that is IMHP....

I was talking to hubby last night and I was like this case is strange, why would someone prop open the door with a brick? His answer is to not risk having the door screech or having to open the door again, you can grab the child quickly and run. Made since when he put it that way.

Yes the GF does seem a little off the rocker for me but hey who am I to judge.

The door that we see on the side of the MH is a door in my opinion, if you are looking at the image, it is facing you. the ones on the back are windows I believe, also the thing from the roof is a chimney? And there are also 2 skylights that are in bathrooms of most mobile homes.

(snipped, bold mine) ITA! :waitasec:

But wouldn't it seem like the younger (smaller, lighter, more gullible, less articulate etc) the child the better...? :confused::parrot:

I can think of many horrible reasons someone set on seeking revenge through a child would take the girl instead of the boy.

Of course I am really of the belief that she was not plucked out of bed. She may have been the one to go because she was up and accessible. She could have been looking for Misty. She could have been awoken by someone lurking around the house and gone to investigate.

Ok all don't flame me....

You might want to check the state laws on age of an adult. I know many states are 17 you are considered adult. FL law states that consent is 16, not that I think that it is correct but that is IMHP....

I was talking to hubby last night and I was like this case is strange, why would someone prop open the door with a brick? His answer is to not risk having the door screech or having to open the door again, you can grab the child quickly and run. Made since when he put it that way.

Yes the GF does seem a little off the rocker for me but hey who am I to judge.

The door that we see on the side of the MH is a door in my opinion, if you are looking at the image, it is facing you. the ones on the back are windows I believe, also the thing from the roof is a chimney? And there are also 2 skylights that are in bathrooms of most mobile homes.

OOOOO flames flames.....just kidding. The brick thing is weird, especially since Dad says you have to force it shut. Seems like it would stay open on it's own....

Also ... has there been any discussion about the fact this man left his children in the care of his MINOR girlfriend who is apparently living with him?

YES.

I think it needs it's own thread. Everyone seems to want to talk about it...

Another mobile home note -- Most floor plans are split floor plans. That means the master bedroom is at one end of the house, and the other bedrooms are at the other end. IIRC, someone somewhere said that the gf was asleep in her room with the younger child and Haleigh was asleep in her own room.

OOOOO flames flames.....just kidding. The brick thing is weird, especially since Dad says you have to force it shut. Seems like it would stay open on it's own....

But the perp may not have known that the door didn't shut easily.

It is quite common for wheelchair ramps to be built around the corner of the home, especially if the door access is the near the corner in order to allow for the length needed to decrease the steepness of the ramp. I believe the ramp goes to the left and around the corner of the trailer just behind the trees. If you look between the hydro pole and base of the trailer you can just make out horizontal slats that may be the base of the ramp.

Wonder if she means her own bed in a different room?

Different bed same room, someone posted a link a little ways back. I couldn't get it to work. They said the video actually showed MISTY saying that she was in the same bed with Haleigh. Anyone see it??? BUT I myself personally have not heard MISTY state that with my own ears. Early on I had heard Media state it and NG, GVS AND Bio-mom Crystal But haven't heard it or even seen it written(in transcripts) that MISTY actually said it herself.

Oh my, this is all giving me a headache. She's driving me crazy, I wish LE would put some serious heat on her changing her stories. :rolleyes:
You know...I think a lot of it has been due to shaky reporting....add on top of that Misty seems not to express her thoughts verbally in interviews and all of us are confused.

She seems very "low voltage" to me (nurse saying). I bet LE had a heyday with their interview of her. I really don't think she is changing her story and lying... I think she cannot verbalize for crap and also does not realize just how many people are scrutinizing her every single word and eye lid blink. During one interview, under his breath, Ronald told her to sit up and look at the camera.

Add stress, youth, lack of sleep, AND low voltage and I think this is what you would get... Just my thought of course...:crazy: however crazy it may sound

This is totally hypothetical, but does anyone think that maybe the dad's previous gf (if he had one, which he probably did), may have gotten very attached to Haleigh and felt she had been replaced by the new gf...I know how hard it is to not get attached to kids and then when things don't work out, it can be very upsetting. This person would have known the layout of the house and ex bf's schedule, etc. Haleigh may have willingly gone with somebody she knew...

So all the beds are in the same room?

she said that they were all in the master bedroom, 2 beds, Haleigh in one of them (closest to the tv, which we don't know the layout of that so thats not helpful) and she and the 3yr old were in the other bed. ( I'm guessing the masterbed)

I can understand this sleeping arrangment, mine were right with me as well.

At 17, she is hardly considered too young to babysit or be a caregiver. Most babysitters I know started at 14yo.

I don't think it matters if she was a minor or not. We are not talking about the father being a pedophile here. He is close enough to her age for it to be considered, imo, an acceptable relationship.

I started babysitting at 12. I liked making money so much that I took official CPR classes (for adults as well as infants) when I was 13...then I started watching babies. I have to be honest, SS...I was probably more mature and "with it" at the age of 12 than what I see MC as on television.

I was not implying the father is a pedophile.

I am questioning his judgment as a parent, the people he chooses to watch his children.

Certainly, I babysat from the age of 11. I wasn't ready to live with a man and watch his two children overnight at the age of 17.

Some 17-year-olds can handle that responsibility. I'd say those are rare 17-year-olds.

Minors parenting minors (who don't belong to them) is not a great situation.

If it's not something you want to discuss, please ignore my post.

OK...IMO, this is a good read/re-read.....just weird about the locking/use of door stuff....bed locations....she says inches...he butts in and starts with the know it all attitude and says "four feet", etc.
It just seems to me like her story keeps changing to get to the same exact one he's got.
Seems like he's been coaching her, to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members