Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they were leaving evidence of the lone burglar. So why would they mop the entire floor? Same with the poo left in the toilet that AK made sure everyone knew about.

They didn't mop the floor at all. They didn't clean the floor with rags or anything of the sort. The pictures of the luminol testing shows that.

Except I don't think anyone here is asserting there was a large puddle of blood in the corridor that was mopped up. Just a few footprints.

There would still be a large area that would light up under the luminol where the cleaning occured. There would still be swiping motions showing that a clean up occured. That is not seen in the photos of the luminol testing. What is shown is a blob that appears to be a footprint and a footprint. Luminol does not just react with blood, it also reacts with the cleaners that one uses to clean up blood.

They didn't mop the floor at all. They didn't clean the floor with rags or anything of the sort. The pictures of the luminol testing shows that.

Ok this is your opinion as others in court don't agree with you.

IMO they were leaving evidence of the lone burglar. So why would they mop the entire floor? Same with the poo left in the toilet that AK made sure everyone knew about.

I see. So they were aware of each and every Guede's print because they, let's say, cleaned around them.
Do you think they did it also in Meredith's room? There are quite a lot of prints in the area between the bed and the door. And also just outside the door. They walked there leaving bloody prints of their own that they cleaned up later, right?

How do we know that he didn't leave the cottage without locking the door to Meredith's bedroom when his shoe was still wet with blood and then come back when his shoe was dry? As far as I know there is no evidence that says that Guede entered the cottage only once that night and did not return.

That's a good observation and I think it's very possible that Guede turned around from the front door to go back and retrieve Meredith's keys.

I see. So they were aware of each and every Guede's print because they, let's say, cleaned around them.
Do you think they did it also in Meredith's room? There are quite a lot of prints in the area between the bed and the door. And also just outside the door. They walked there leaving bloody prints of their own that they cleaned up later, right?

I think some of RGs prints are missing as well. So RG avoided stepping in blood during the attack and only stepped in it later. Why can the same not be said for AK and RS? I don't believe their footprints were "all over" Meredith's room.

That's a good observation and I think it's very possible that Guede turned around from the front door to go back and retrieve Meredith's keys.

And this walk back wouldn't leave any prints to be revealed with luminol? Just because his shoe wasn't leaving visible prints at this imaginary point doesn't mean it wouldn't leave traces for luminol to reveal.

I think some of RGs prints are missing as well. So RG avoided stepping in blood during the attack and only stepped in it later. Why can the same not be said for AK and RS? I don't believe their footprints were "all over" Meredith's room.

Yes but they did step in blood, both of them. So there was a trail coming out of the room, through the door, maybe around the corridor, and to the bathroom, right?

Yes but they did step in blood, both of them. So there was a trail coming out of the room, through the door, maybe around the corridor, and to the bathroom, right?

I doubt they left full tracks of blood considering we know it fades off. I mean you have RG making a turn around and coming back to Meredith's door, that there's no evidence of.

Some of their prints couldve been left while doing the clean up with trace amounts on their feet,I don't know. What I know is I don't believe those random prints were left at some other point, bc in my opinion if they were left on accident at some other point there would be a trail from the source. IMO the fact that there is missing prints proves some were cleaned up successfully.

It's ok if you disagree.

And this walk back wouldn't leave any prints to be revealed with luminol? Just because his shoe wasn't leaving visible prints at this imaginary point doesn't mean it wouldn't leave traces for luminol to reveal.

I guess it left something, but the prints were very partial to begin with, nothing like the full footprints revealed by luminol or the bloody bathmat print.

I think the police were looking for large areas of luminosity, preferably identifiable and measurable as prints and if there were some specks from Guede coming back, they were ignored as noise or missed.

Photo: Very partial print in the kitchen.

Attachments

• dsc_0232.jpg
    dsc_0232.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 10
I doubt they left full tracks of blood considering we know it fades off.
Yes, but the bathmat print is quite intensive, isn't it? And it's the end of a trail that started in Meredith's room. So, Raffaele stepped barefoot (that's interesting also) in blood, made some quite intensive traces through the area where Guede's traces and a small luminol footprint are untouched and ended up in the bathroom. Do I understand correctly?

Some of their prints couldve been left while doing the clean up with trace amounts on their feet,I don't know.
That's good observation. That would mean they were doing also the clean up barefoot. That makes me wonder about Filomena's room. DO you think the traces in there are also part of a footprint trail that was later cleaned up?

Going back to this for a moment. Clearly they took a lot of care not to disturb Guede's shoeprints while cleaning their own bloody prints and also their own residual prints they made during the clean up (they missed only two or three, apart from the bathmat but that one was intentional).

Now, it's interesting that in the morning they pointed out the carefully preserved poo and bathmat print to the police but not the shoeprints.

Yes, but the bathmat print is quite intensive, isn't it? And it's the end of a trail that started in Meredith's room. So, Raffaele stepped barefoot (that's interesting also) in blood, made some quite intensive traces through the area where Guede's traces and a small luminol footprint are untouched and ended up in the bathroom. Do I understand correctly?

That's good observation. That would mean they were doing also the clean up barefoot. That makes me wonder about Filomena's room. DO you think the traces in there are also part of a footprint trail that was later cleaned up?

Sure but it's also watered down and not a full print, as whoever made it was careful not to step off the mat or let his heel touch the tile.

I have never said they wore shoes during the cleanup in fact I've never commented about shoes/barefoot during the attack. So I don't know where the "also doing the clean up barefoot" comes from.

I have already said multiple times that I don't think there was a "full" trail of prints in the corridor. So no I don't think the trace in Filomenas room was part of a trail that led there, considering it wasn't a footprint. I don't know exactly how that was left but it had both Meredith and Amandas DNA iirc.

I have never claimed to have all the answers, I am trying to answer your questions for what I believe about the evidence. That is all.

Going back to this for a moment. Clearly they took a lot of care not to disturb Guede's shoeprints while cleaning their own bloody prints and also their own residual prints they made during the clean up (they missed only two or three, apart from the bathmat but that one was intentional).

Now, it's interesting that in the morning they pointed out the carefully preserved poo and bathmat print to the police but not the shoeprints.

Do you think if Amanda had acknowledged the bloody shoeprints in the "things that shocked" her, them waiting 2.5 hours to call the police would've been acceptable? Or would those have been a sure sign something was really wrong.

Again I don't think AK realized the bathmat print was identifiable. Clearly she never described a bloody footprint on the mat did she?

Sure but it's also watered down and not a full print, as whoever made it was careful not to step off the mat or let his heel touch the tile.
Yes, but it did originate in Meredith's room? It became watered down later. There was no water in the murder room, there was water in the bathroom, after all. So Raffaele had to step into a lot of blood and track it down to the bathroom, right?

I have never said they wore shoes during the cleanup in fact I've never commented about shoes/barefoot during the attack. So I don't know where the "also doing the clean up barefoot" comes from.
Maybe I was too fast with the inference from your words. Bathmat print is barefoot = barefoot during the attack. Residual luminol prints left during cleaning are also bare feet. You don't agree?

I have already said multiple times that I don't think there was a "full" trail of prints in the corridor.
But there must have been at some point, and it was cleaned up, leaving just 3 prints. Or were they sweeping their own prints while walking?

So no I don't think the trace in Filomenas room was part of a trail that led there, considering it wasn't a footprint. I don't know exactly how that was left but it had both Meredith and Amandas DNA iirc.
If it was not a foot, it would seem Amanda touched the floor with some other body part that had Meredith's blood on it, leaving her own and Meredith's DNA. Do I make sense?

I have never claimed to have all the answers, I am trying to answer your questions for what I believe about the evidence. That is all.

I know we don't have all answers, I assure you. Don't worry about it. I'm trying to connect the dots and fill in the gaps together with you, to arrive at a scenario of what happened.

Do you think if Amanda had acknowledged the bloody shoeprints in the "things that shocked" her, them waiting 2.5 hours to call the police would've been acceptable? Or would those have been a sure sign something was really wrong.
Yes, quite a pitfall and that was very cunning to avoid it.

Again I don't think AK realized the bathmat print was identifiable. Clearly she never described a bloody footprint on the mat did she?
If she was hoping others won't notice it's a print it was very dumb.

BTW "things that shocked her" is a mistranslation :)

Yes, but it did originate in Meredith's room? It became watered down later. There was no water in the murder room, there was water in the bathroom, after all. So Raffaele had to step into a lot of blood and track it down to the bathroom, right?

Maybe I was too fast with the inference from your words. Bathmat print is barefoot = barefoot during the attack. Residual luminol prints left during cleaning are also bare feet. You don't agree?

But there must have been at some point, and it was cleaned up, leaving just 3 prints. Or were they sweeping their own prints while walking?

If it was not a foot, it would seem Amanda touched the floor with some other body part that had Meredith's blood on it, leaving her own and Meredith's DNA. Do I make sense?

I know we don't have all answers, I assure you. Don't worry about it. I'm trying to connect the dots and fill in the gaps together with you, to arrive at a scenario of what happened.

Sure

Yes but I've also said its possible they didn't step in blood during the attack as RG apparently was able to avoid it as well.

I've covered this over and over

Yes I can see what you're saying but I've already said I don't know how that trace was left.

I don't know about connecting the dots, we disagree completely. You think RG was the lone wolf and I don't. I don't actually feel like I have holes to fill in.

Yes, quite a pitfall and that was very cunning to avoid it.

If she was hoping others won't notice it's a print it was very dumb.

BTW "things that shocked her" is a mistranslation :)

I don't think it was cunning at all, seems obvious that bloody shoeprints would mean something serious had happened and there could be no waiting around for hours before calling the police. In fact acknowledging bloody footprints would've warranted an immediate call to the roommates and police IMO. Amanda never even thought to call Meredith from the cottage to see if her phones were behind her locked door, though she was so panicked at one point she tried to climb from the balcony to see in her room. Quite the contradiction.

I never said she didn't think others would notice it as a print, I said IMO they didn't think it would be identifiable. It would only add that someone else had been there. I never said she was the brightest crayon.

Btw that was a figure of speech, my speech and reference to the blood,poo and open front door list. :)

Amanda never even thought to call Meredith from the cottage to see if her phones were behind her locked door, though she was so panicked at one point she tried to climb from the balcony to see in her room. Quite the contradiction.
Amber , did you read this part in the book? Where AK climbs out onto the ledge and holds onto the railing, and leans at a 45 degree angle to see in the window, poised dangerously above the gravel walkway far below - and Raffaele yells at her that she may fall and hurt herself?......It had struck me, intuitively, that she may have been checking to see if she'd left the lamp in the room. Also, she may have seen it and RS tried to kick in the door, before they realized it was a bad idea..... just speculation.....

Amber , did you read this part in the book? Where AK climbs out onto the ledge and holds onto the railing, and leans at a 45 degree angle to see in the window, poised dangerously above the gravel walkway far below - and Raffaele yells at her that she may fall and hurt herself?......It had struck me, intuitively, that she may have been checking to see if she'd left the lamp in the room. Also, she may have seen it and RS tried to kick in the door, before they realized it was a bad idea..... just speculation.....

I've done so much reading I can't really recall where I read it but I agree with your thoughts, that very well could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam