What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they have a problem explaining the amount (levels) of chloroform in the trunk. Both decomposition and chlorine can cause it but not the vast amount that was found according to Dr. Vass. Evidenced imo by the DT going into heavy questioning about the exact measurement and how that was done for the chloroform. The instruments used never gave an exact reading for that by weight, measurement, etc. is what I am getting from the defense team and imo that is what they will play on. How do you know a combination of decomp, chlorine, urine, dryer sheets, etc. did not cause such a high level when you don't even know the exact level? As Dr. Vass has stated decomp wouldn't cause that much chloroform to be present vs. the DT saying there were a number of things present to cause that much chloroform. It just seems to be an accurate guess to me based on what the defense has indicated they are suggesting and the experts they are trying to use to validate those theories.

I don't recall Dr. Vass accurately pinpointing the exact measurement but didn't he say it was more than 10,000 units more than what he expected to find? :waitasec:

I think there is too much conflicting testimony for such a story. Yes the defense can put forth their theories, but where they directly conflict with witness testimony, and while offering no direct testimony of them they will quickly be dismissed by any jury as the bull plop that they are. It's like these stories today "Could Caylee's wet bathing suit cause the chloroform"? Ummm? has anybody found a bathing suit? Was it in the car? Because LE didn't find it in the car or with her. CA did not find it? As you might imagine screaming "the bathing suit caused it" quickly loses credibility when there is in fact no bathing suit in play.

BBM

Maybe there WAS a bathing suit and it was needing to be disposed of. Maybe that's what was flushed- by Casey- causing the plumbing problem Cindy and George had. The one that flooded a corner of Caylee's room.
Just a speculation.

BBM

Maybe there WAS a bathing suit and it was needing to be disposed of. Maybe that's what was flushed- by Casey- causing the plumbing problem Cindy and George had. The one that flooded a corner of Caylee's room.
Just a speculation.

So whatever happened to the alleged wet bathing suit in the trunk? CA stated she took pants out. I don't recall LE finding a bathing suit in the trunk. And KC hadn't been home since the 16th. So where be this bathing suit?

So whatever happened to the alleged wet bathing suit in the trunk? CA stated she took pants out. I don't recall LE finding a bathing suit in the trunk. And KC hadn't been home since the 16th. So where be this bathing suit?

The nanny has it. :innocent:

Sorry, sorry. As with the idea that GA was the perp, the phantom bathing suit exists only in the minds of the defense, and only with the goal of creating "reasonable doubt" in ONE juror's mind. Reasonable doubt + one juror = mistrial. (The fact that they are apparently aiming for a mistrial rather than for exoneration is another story. One plays the game with the cards one is dealt, I suppose.)

All it took was DCS throwing the bathing suit concept out there in one hearing to get folks wondering about it, and that's all the defense team wants to do to the jury--create avenues of doubt. At this point they don't even seem too concerned about whether it's "reasonable" or not...

That's the thing - what bathing suit? The DT suggested it may have been a bathing suit dumped in the trunk - at one time - and now we are thinking there actually was a bathing suit!:great: There was no bathing suit.

But the rest of the story is if there had been a bathing suit, the chloroform levels from the chlorine in the pool (not the Anthony's because they didn't use it) mixed with a few Febreeze sheets would not have caused those levels. Sure, and just how big is the bathing suit of a two year old?

But there was no bathing suit.

Going from the clue that "something happened too long ago", adding the fact that we don't know who Caylee's father is......

What if the defense theory is that Casey was raped, and Caylee's murder was some sort of PTSD episode, or even that Caylee's father murdered Caylee and framed Casey?

What if, what if, what if.

The State will take the what if's and ram them down the defense's throat without much trouble at all.

If Cheney stumbled during these hearings, wait till the trial.

That's the thing - what bathing suit? The DT suggested it may have been a bathing suit dumped in the trunk - at one time - and now we are thinking there actually was a bathing suit!:great: There was no bathing suit.

But the rest of the story is if there had been a bathing suit, the chloroform levels from the chlorine in the pool (not the Anthony's because they didn't use it) mixed with a few Febreeze sheets would not have caused those levels. Sure, and just how big is the bathing suit of a two year old?

But there was no bathing suit.

Of course there's no bathing suit! Just like there's no nanny, no kidnappers threatening everyone's safety, no job at universal or anywhere else for that matter, blah blah blah. Never, in the annals of criminal events, has there been such a convoluted history and story, especially emanating from a very simple scenario--young single mother sick of being young single mother wants to snare young single guy that doesn't want kids either, so young mother kills kid. End of story.

Sorry, sorry. As with the idea that GA was the perp, the phantom bathing suit exists only in the minds of the defense, and only with the goal of creating "reasonable doubt" in ONE juror's mind. Reasonable doubt + one juror = mistrial. (The fact that they are apparently aiming for a mistrial rather than for exoneration is another story. One plays the game with the cards one is dealt, I suppose.)

All it took was DCS throwing the bathing suit concept out there in one hearing to get folks wondering about it, and that's all the defense team wants to do to the jury--create avenues of doubt. At this point they don't even seem too concerned about whether it's "reasonable" or not...

That is exactly it. The defense just wants doubt no matter how crazy or illogical it sounds. They don't understand that it has to be REASONABLE doubt. They haven't come anywhere near reasonable with any explanation so far. It's just ridiculous theory after ridiculous theory. They jury would have to leave their brains at the door to believe the DT and acquit Casey at this point.

I sure hope someone is doing tests with tiny bathingsuits to disprove that craziness should the defense bring it up at trial!

The Grand Jury testimony is sealed.
There was a motion filed by Jeff Ashton to unseal and obtain the Transcript of George's Grand Jury testimony .something about inconsistent testimony.
Judge Strickland Granted the Prosecutions motion.
I also remember Baez wanted to get his hands on George's grand jury testimony as well, arguing..if the state gets it then he should have it also.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20991571/detail.html Sept 18, 2009
Prosecution Wants George Anthony's Grand Jury Testimony

http://www.wftv.com/news/21218784/detail.html
Judge: Hand Over George Anthony Testimony October 6, 2009

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21218532/detail.html Judge Strickland's Order

Thread where we discuss Motion for Transcript of George's Grand Jury Testimony
Motion for George's Grand Jury Transcript MERGED - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Ok, so, because I am a little slow, lol, does this all mean the state and DT currently have GA's GJ testimony??? That fact could change everything. The DT might be using it to help pin the blame on GA, or might be pinning it on him because of the detrimental nature of the testimony as far as KC's involvement.

And, if it has been released, then when do we get it as part of the Sunshine Laws??? Don't get me wrong here - I do not care if we ever have access to it, as long as the state has it.

Hi, I've been away from the board for a while. I needed to focus on my educational goals and I'm so consumed by this case, I just had to separate myself for a while. But, I'm happy to report that I acheived my goal of a bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 57, so now I'm back! And the weird thing is, May 9th is my birthday! What a birthday present it will be if we finally have justice for Caylee!

Since I've been away for some time, I haven't really had a chance to catch up on everything, but do you think that the defense is going to go somewhere with "because the police were called, Caylee was killed by the nanny"?

If defense brings it in, SA is entitled to dispute it with an expert.

After reading about the DT wanting to get the psych MD's reports into evidence, I get this nagging feeling KC will claim she was either trying to find a way to get her child out of the (alleged) cycle of abuse going on in that household (with the accusations toward her father and brother), when something unspeakable happened before she could prevent it...OR... that she saw something occur in the house (by someone else's hand) which resulted in little Caylee's death...and she was afraid to report it and just wanted to block it out and get the heck out of dodge.

Clearly, the nanny-stealing story isn't going to work, so they have to come up with some "psychological reason" she made up that story.
I have a feeling the DT will say she was trying to protect her family even though they were the cause of Caylee's demise.
I keep thinking back on the jailhouse visit with her telling her mom and dad: "Don't worry. I didn't say anything". I think the Baez and Co. will use that in their long list of excuses for what KC says allegedly happened.

What a nightmare this has turned out to be for all involved.

*edited to make clear I don't believe this possible defense theory. I believe KC is the guilty party.

deedee, :wagon: to WS! Glad you joined us and hope you're ready for the :rollercoaster: of the next few months together.

Defense next theory

Instead of the sexual assualt angle maybe the defense will go with a repeated physical abuse angle.

I think GA would go along with this before any sexual abuse accusation.

The DT will present evidence of GA's confrontation with his father and the protesters, his behavior on the stand, etc. and his strange, controlling dislike of ICA's boyfriends.

GA was a wife beater and also disciplined ICA and LA with physical abuse. (Hard to believe but CA and ICA love to play the victims and this would be up their alley)

ICA learned to lie to GA at an early age and tell him what he wanted to hear so she wouldn't get beat. She lied about her grades, jobs, nanny, not being pregnant, all to keep him from hurting her. CA would try to protect her.

CA went along with the lies to keep peace in the home and in a crazy effort to keep her children safe, she lied about how wonderful the A family was. She would become confrontational even with her own family when they suggested otherwise.

Perhaps as Caylee got older GA became less patient with her and would start to hit her.

He hit her on June 16 and left for work. ICA was alone with Caylee and she died. ICA did not know GA had hit Caylee thus making her completely innocent of murder or any accident that caused Caylee's death.

ICA was so in fear as to what GA would do if he thought she was reponsible for Caylee's death that she hid her and tried to think what to do. All of her past fear and abuse caused her to become dissasociated in order to protect her mental state.

She wrapped Caylee up in her fav blanket and put heart stickers in with her and duct tapped her mouth because when one dies their mouth drops open and it is very unsettling.

This may be a bad defense but just remember the jury might not have witnessed all of CA's "take no prisoner" attitude over the last 3 years and her bully behavior.

They will see the grieving, sweet, poor me grandmother who just now is remembering things and is so eager to tell what happened.

She and ICA have had it out for GA for a long time and this may just get them the household without Ga they have wanted.

I can't think of any excuse for the frantic 911 call CA made. I thinks she regrets it now.
If ICA was so scared, why was she staying there, and why did she la-dee-da around town with her boyfriend and others during the 31 days.

I wouldn't buy any of their excuses - not a one.

If ICA was so scared, why was she staying there, and why did she la-dee-da around town with her boyfriend and others during the 31 days.

I wouldn't buy any of their excuses - not a one.

I agree with you about not believing any of their excuses but I still think Baez is going to use "Ugly Coping" behavior as part of her defense.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/19317898/detail.html

Hi, I've been away from the board for a while. I needed to focus on my educational goals and I'm so consumed by this case, I just had to separate myself for a while. But, I'm happy to report that I acheived my goal of a bachelor's degree at the ripe old age of 57, so now I'm back! And the weird thing is, May 9th is my birthday! What a birthday present it will be if we finally have justice for Caylee!

Since I've been away for some time, I haven't really had a chance to catch up on everything, but do you think that the defense is going to go somewhere with "because the police were called, Caylee was killed by the nanny"?

Congratulations!! Welcome Back!

Congrats! Good for you!

I'm hoping you have a fabulous birthday! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members