17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, GZ was assigned to underwriting.

That function involves risk management ... for mortagages. Fraud falls under risk management.

IMO, he may have never gone into an office. He may have been sent boxes of files to work on at home. JMHO.

This is why Joe hesitated when they drilled him regarding if he ever saw GZ at the office.

IMO, they could have both been working at home offices - telecommuting for this big mortgage clearance paper monster of a firm.

So lets say you can't make your house payment and it gets foreclosed on, would he be going over the details you put on your application to see if you lied?

So lets say you can't make your house payment and it gets foreclosed on, would he be going over the details you put on your application to see if you lied?

probably that was common - file review of mortgage application fraud. They look for the easiest way to cancel the mortgage. Foreclosure is the longer process. Fraud is quicker. JMHO.

and in rare cases -
Those who couldn't make mortgage payments and were threatened with foreclosures during the crisis may have (ahem) attempted to find ways to collect from their insurance cos b/4 the house was foreclosed upon via arson...

probably that was common - file review of mortgage application fraud. They look for the easiest way to cancel the mortgage. Foreclosure is the longer process. Fraud is quicker. JMHO.

and in rare cases -
Those who couldn't make mortgage payments and were threatened with foreclosures during the crisis may have (ahem) attempted to find ways to collect from their insurance cos b/4 the house was foreclosed upon via arson...

Rut Roh Under the SYG law you can shoot someone you see committing arson.:what:

This link is from the main Fox link that was posted by impatientreadhead today, I believe. It verifies something that I posted way back from a link no longer approved. This is a letter that Mr. Crump sent to DOJ about the meeting at the police station the night GZ was first brought in. Dated 4/2/12.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photo...rayvon-martin-case-letter-to-USDOJ_Page_1.htm

I can't copy it but here is a short excerpt:

In particular, we learned that on the night of February 26, 2012, within hours of the shooting in which Trayvon Martin was killed, Sanford Chief of Police Bill Lee met with State Attorney Norn Wolfinger. We also believe that family members of shooter George Zimmerman were present at the police department. It was further revealed that State Attorney Norm Wolfinger and Chief Bill Lee overruled the recommendation of the lead investigator, Chris Serino, who recommended that George Michael Zimmerman be arrested for manslaughter..........Mr. Serino filed an affidavit stating that he did not find Zimmerman's statements credible in light of the circumstances and facts surrounding the shooting.

Originally Posted by mikeysmommom
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-spray-big-boi

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather — the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

Zimmerman worked at a mortgage risk-management company at the time of the shooting and his wife is in nursing school. A website was set up to collect donations for Zimmerman's defense fund. It is unclear how much has been raised.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-on-bail-in-trayvon-martin-shooting-case?lite

How do we reckon the two?
Actually, how do we reconcile the three?

"In 2004, Zimmerman partnered with an African-American friend and opened up an Allstate insurance satellite office, Donnelly said.Then came 2005, and a series of troubles. Zimmerman's business failed, he was arrested, and he broke off an engagement with a woman who filed a restraining order against him.
<snip>
In 2007 he married Shellie Dean, a licensed cosmetologist, and in 2009 the couple rented a townhouse in the Retreat at Twin Lakes. Zimmerman had bounced from job to job for a couple of years, working at a car dealership and a mortgage company. At times, according to testimony from Shellie at a bond hearing for Zimmerman last week, the couple filed for unemployment benefits.
Zimmerman enrolled in Seminole State College in 2009, and in December 2011 he was permitted to participate in a school graduation ceremony, despite being a course credit shy of his associate's degree in criminal justice. Zimmerman was completing that course credit when the shooting occurred.."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...relude-to-the-shooting-of-trayvon-martin?lite

So was he going to school full time or working or both? Nowhere does it mention that in the recent past he had a job or what that job was. Maybe I missed it somewhere.:waitasec:

It is interesting that he was allowed to walk in the graduation ceremony in December though. So that is why he had the party, since he accepted the diploma on stage. Didn't many people here criticize him for having that party, calling him deceitful, dishonest, and narcisstic? I don't see anything wrong with it if the school is allowing him to walk during the graduation ceremony.

IMO if they are taking notes about what he is saying they are drawing in that little laughing guy rolling around right after them.

Taking notes? I would hope so.

Making fun of it? I would hope they are smarter than that.

It is interesting that he was allowed to walk in the graduation ceremony in December though. So that is why he had the party, since he accepted the diploma on stage. Didn't many people here criticize him for having that party, calling him deceitful, dishonest, and narcisstic? I don't see anything wrong with it if the school is allowing him to walk during the graduation ceremony.

This is not uncommon.

They can walk up but don't actually receive a diploma/degree et al.

That would be mailed after they had completed the program requirements.

I as well see nothing wrong with it.

I am one of those people! I have also said that it makes me feel better KNOWING that he did actually walk across a stage for graduation... even though he didn't graduate, but it does make it a little less "event coordinator" ISH.

However... If my niece was walking and not getting an actual diploma.. she wouldn't get what she was getting for graduating! Actually, she wouldn't get anything!

MOO

Who was the source of that little tidbit, Francis Taaffe?

Graduating, like actually graduating, is a big deal! It is one of the proudest moments in life -- I remember mine like it was yesterday. I actually walked up on stage and received an actual diploma. There was no "*" by my name or a blank piece of paper being handed to me! It was a diploma! There will be no "*" by my nieces name either!

MOO

I am one of those people! I have also said that it makes me feel better KNOWING that he did actually walk across a stage for graduation... even though he didn't graduate, but it does make it a little less "event coordinator" ISH.

However... If my niece was walking and not getting an actual diploma.. she wouldn't get what she was getting for graduating! Actually, she wouldn't get anything!

MOO

Many times when I come across this situation prior to a graduation ceremony I am informed that maybe a student was very close to finishing a program, may simply have a paper to finish, it is usually not a core course within the program, and I ultimately take a number of things into considersation. I will look at the transcripts, attendance, etc.

Many wish to graduate with the people that they have attended the programs with. My criteria is tough but is as well the same across the board for every student as to whether they get to walk or not.

Many times when I come across this situation prior to a graduation ceremony I am informed that maybe a student was very close to finishing a program, may simply have a paper to finish, it is usually not a core course within the program, and I ultimately take a number of things into considersation. I will look at the transcripts, attendance, etc.

Many wish to graduate with the people that they have attended the programs with. My criteria is tough but is as well the same across the board for every student as to whether they get to walk or not.

I respect that. I really do, but my niece, since she entered Kindergarden, knew she would be graduating. She would not only be graduating, but she would be going to College. It is paid for. Her parents used the pre-pay plans.

However, if she EVER chooses to drop out or simply decides at the last minute that she does not want to go to College, that money, will be donated to a child that wants to go to College. She will not be able to collect that money. Her parents will give it away to another child before they give it to her to waste on something else.

Graduating, in my family, has always been a big deal. It really is one of those moments when you feel on top of the world. Nothing matches it! It, IMO, would feel a little empty knowing that you were not actually getting a diploma?

MOO

I respect that. I really do, but my niece, since she entered Kindergarden, knew she would be graduating. She would not only be graduating, but she would be going to College. It is paid for. Her parents used the pre-pay plans.

However, if she EVER chooses to drop out or simply decides at the last minute that she does not want to go to College, that money, will be donated to a child that wants to go to College. She will not be able to collect that money. Her parents will give it away to another child before they give it to her to waste on something else.

Graduating, in my family, has always been a big deal. It really is one of those moments when you feel on top of the world. Nothing matches it! It, IMO, would feel a little empty knowing that you were not actually getting a diploma?

MOO
Sometimes things happen. I can sympathize with that, myself. I'm graduating after a lot of my peers because I joined the military and consequently my college was delayed a little. And then I had to take an entire semester off last fall to attend pre-deployment training for two months, with an expected arrival date in Iraq of February this year. Fortunately, the SOFA agreement held up, but that's neither here nor there. Sometimes, "real life" (as I call it) gets in the way. Not everyone is able to complete college in the allotted amount of time, especially if the parents were not as insightful as the ones you mentioned and put a lot of money aside to begin with. I've had to cut down my course load some semesters just because I can't afford the insane spikes in tuition (and I'm going to a state school), and that further delays graduation.

And then, if I had paid a non-refundable fee for graduation, purchased my cap and gown, sent out invitations, and for whatever reason I wound up a class shy... You bet I'd still walk if I was given the chance, knowing I'd just take the class next semester and be done with it. You can characterize it as "feeling empty", but in truth, after working towards the goal for so long... It's just the opposite. And I think that shunning Zimmerman for doing such a thing sends a negative message to anyone else who may be in that position and is just honestly striving to fulfill their educational desires. There's plenty to criticize him for without having to patronize or trivialize his attempt to get a college degree.

ETA: This wasn't necessarily all directed at you, lola. I just piggybacked off of your post.

OT Is it just me or is Google down? I can't sign in at youtube or get google news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni