Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Was Ted Bundy an abused child? Scott Peterson? Casey Anthony? Russell Williams? I suggest you do a little research and you will find that many psychopaths had/have better than average upbringings.

One symptom that does come out is their hatred for their mothers. I don't know why that is.
IMO, we must not do above average upbringing as it relates to size of house. Cindy, Caseys mom ,suffered with mental illiness
Cindy Anthony Admits Truth About Her Daughter (Finally!) | The Stir

thestir.cafemom.com/in_the.../cindy_anthony_admits_truth_about

Sep 13, 2011 – As predicted in the promos for the show, Cindy Anthony's interview with ... of serious mental illness before, could go off the deep end like that.

Accused colonel told interrogators he was distressed by death of his ...

www.theglobeandmail.com/news/.../article1215302/ - Canada

Oct 17, 2010 – Colonel Russell Williams appears in a Belleville, Ont., courtroom on Oct. 7, ... Williams seeking psychiatric treatment or reports of mental illness,

Really? Was Ted Bundy an abused child? Scott Peterson? Casey Anthony? Russell Williams? I suggest you do a little research and you will find that many psychopaths had/have better than average upbringings.

One symptom that does come out is their hatred for their mothers. I don't know why that is.
For serial killers, the prevalence of physical abuse was 36%;
sexual abuse was 26%; and psychological abuse was 50%. Neglect was equally prevalent
in the serial killer (18%) and societal norm populations.

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Research - Forensic/2005 20-1-Mitchell-40-47.pdf

Sorry for replying so late, Hastings. Today is a holiday here and I'm enjoying every minute before going back to work tomorrow.

The apartment alleged in the media previous to the murder is the one closest to the convenience store. My understanding is the convenience store is located in the Point district. That is where Jun Lin lived. Eric Newman's apartment in May when he committed the crime (allegedly) is in the Snowdon/Cote des Neiges area. About 8 kms. apart. Which begs the question of where, how and when Jun Lin met Eric Newman? I think they may have met at the convenience store. If true, they may have known each other for some time if Eric lived in the Point from Feb 2011 (??) which leads me to believe this was premeditated. The why could very well be jealousy as some have already speculated here. Jun Lin had a lot going for him. He was everything Eric Newman was NOT.
There are indications that Luka was looking for a victim during the week prior to the murder. I think that it is very likely that when the upstairs neighbor declined and the CL ad didn't turn up anyone that he just went through his phone contacts. JL was probably just an aquaintance who he had gone out with a few times and he probably just told him he was bored and going through his contacts and decided to see if he wanted to hang out or get a drink or something. Or maybe order a pizza and watch a movie. Who knows. I doubt he was an long-intended target.

CONCUR- believe that if anything it was his BDD.

IMO, this (looks) ruled every minute of his life IMO! NO, every second - big reason why I go suicide -, no makeup, crappy jail garb (unflattering !) , shower with other males
Body image
Body image
Body image
Body image
You just said above that you don't believe he has BDD!

I had the same discussion friends last night whilst watching the movie, We need to talk about Kevin. Many believe that a "normal" person is incapable of doing what Eric Newman did and therefore they automatically label them as "insane". There is no question a lot of discussion and debate revolves around this topic. Even experts disagree.

IMO, it all comes down to one question, "Why do we need prisons?" If every murderer has a mental illness, let's build more psychiatric wards."

That left many of my friends speechless and scratching their heads. It takes years and years of following these cases to know the difference, imo.
IMO, it is a lot cheaper to throw them in a cell than it is to provide services, and then monitor the efficacy of that intervention, and deal with the costs involved if it was not effective.

Incarcaration IS BIG $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He was for sure fishing for a victim for his vid. Don't forget his ad on Craigslist as well. There is nothing that will change my mind that it was not premeditated, mental illness or not, unlike the guy that decapitate the man in the greyhound bus. Going to be difficult for his lawyers to try and get him off the first degree murder charge.

I also read the opposite for Ted Bundy. Who knows the truth, really. I think it's just a bunch of pyschiatrists who try to look for reasons to label someone. I challenge anyone who doesn't have one trait of dysfunction in their family.

I grew up in a very strict Italian home where curfews were 8 pm and a slap on the butt was what parents did when you misbehaved or disrespected them. Now it's called abuse. Did I grow up in a dysfunctional home? Should I hate my parents for what they did to me and my siblings?
Huge diff between a "dysfunction" and being abused IMO!

Disagree here
Btw, I don't think he has BDD
Writing on closet door about mirrors that are not there - pretty intense !!!
Typing error just read what you read
He is totally suffering with ,IMO BDD.

Perhaps I should have added some sort of dysfunctional family/relationships as a child. Even an obsessive and overbearing mother is abuse in my book.

There are indications that Luka was looking for a victim during the week prior to the murder. I think that it is very likely that when the upstairs neighbor declined and the CL ad didn't turn up anyone that he just went through his phone contacts. JL was probably just an aquaintance who he had gone out with a few times and he probably just told him he was bored and going through his contacts and decided to see if he wanted to hang out or get a drink or something. Or maybe order a pizza and watch a movie. Who knows. I doubt he was an long-intended target.
Yeh, no links but as it was breaking day to day , I was sensing that LM was just ready needing to kill, he was over his life that simple - that is why he asked the neighbor ,who he had nothing to do with beofre to come on up!
He did not and is alive. Very confused about J and LM - but do not think lover stuff , passed each other somewhere?

LM ready to roll, no clue how but J just wrong place wrong time

Oops, sorry! Wow, I was really getting worried. Thought we were talking to at least 2 of your personalities today! :p
Thats funny, ugh I keep waiting for it to make sense - the navigation! And as a learning curve goes it is very erratic !
But interesting, and my vote is if 9 of you were behind me, you would say what the hell are you doing, all you need to do is........................

Thats funny, ugh I keep waiting for it to make sense - the navigation! And as a learning curve goes it is very erratic !
But interesting, and my vote is if 9 of you were behind me, you would say what the hell are you doing, all you need to do is........................
I am also glad you pointed it out -- it was like oh god that was another sentenace about something else cut and paste and posted in the wrong link on the wrong post on the wrong ...............................UGH

Just found this past tweet from LM

I just finished watching "The Good Son" I remember as a child I would watch this film over and over again. What a thrill!

Has anyone seen this movie?

Okay found it. Good grief

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Good Son

In Arizona, 12-year-old Mark Evans (Elijah Wood) is playing a soccer game, until his father Jack (David Morse) appears and takes him to the hospital to visit his dying mother, Janice. After her death, Jack tries to console his son, but to no avail as Mark maintains the belief that his mother will return. Having been assigned for a business trip to Tokyo, Japan, Jack takes Mark to stay with his brother Wallace (Daniel Hugh Kelly) and sister-in-law Susan (Wendy Crewson). Upon reaching the Evans' house in Maine, Mark is re-introduced to his extended family, including his cousins Connie (Quinn Culkin) and Henry (Macaulay Culkin). Mark and Henry get along at first, and Henry seems to be nice and well-mannered. In discussing the death of Mark's mother and that of Henry's baby brother Richard, however, Henry expresses an abnormal fascination with death, making Mark uneasy.
Henry continues to display increasingly psychopathic behavior, using a homemade crossbow to kill a neighbor's dog and cheerfully dropping a dummy he dubbed "Mr. Highway" onto a local highway, causing a pileup. Although nobody is killed in the crashes, or even seriously injured, Mark is horrified at Henry's actions and tries to tell Wallace. Henry drives him away, threatening to 'reveal' that causing the crash was actually Mark's idea.
Later on, Henry implies that he will try to kill his sister. When Susan and Wallace go out to dinner, the boys babysit Connie and play hide and seek with the power off. Mark is terrified something will happen to Connie, but finds her. He then spends the night in her room.
The next morning, Mark awakens to find Henry has taken Connie ice skating. Mark runs the pond where Henry purposely shoves his sister toward the thin ice. The ice collapses and Connie falls in the icy water, nearly drowning before she is rescued by two passersby and taken to the hospital. Mark again attempts to tell Susan the situation, but he is immediately dismissed as lying. Susan becomes skeptical of Henry, however, when he visits Connie's room, planning to smother her, but Susan, sitting in the dark, interrupts him. Susan then finds a rubber duck in Henry's shed. It had once belonged to Richard and was with him in the bathtub the night he drowned, after which it went missing. When Susan confronts Henry, he quietly becomes furious, insisting that the duck was his before it was Richard's. When Henry asks for it back, Susan refuses and he gets aggressive and snatches the duck back. Henry then throws it down the well, where he and Mark dumped the dog's carcass, indicating Richard ment nothing to him.
Mark phones his father and informs him of the situation and Henry's increasing psychopathic acts. Jack is also somewhat dismissive and tells Mark he'll be home soon. In the meantime, he tells Mark to go to Dr. Alice Davenport, the local psychologist, and tell her of the situation. However, when he arrives he finds that Henry is already there twisting the situation to make it look like Mark is the one committing the psychopathic acts.
After Mark tells Henry that "Susan's my mother now", Henry indirectly implies that he will kill Susan. In a fit of rage, Mark grabs a pair of scissors and jumps on Henry, pressing them to Henry's neck. As Henry arrogantly eggs Mark on to kill him, Wallace enters the room. Seeing Mark about to kill Henry, Wallace locks Mark in the den to await Alice. Meanwhile, a suspicious Susan arrives and goes on a walk with Henry. Mark escapes the den and chases after them.
Susan confronts Henry about Richard's death and asks Henry firmly if he murdered his brother, to which he implies that he did. Horrified of what her son has become, Susan tells Henry that he needs help. He then runs off into the woods in fear of being committed to a psychiatric hospital. Susan chases him, afraid he will try to kill himself. She arrives at a cliff, which leads her to believe Henry has jumped into the water below. Henry suddenly appears behind her, amused at having fooled his mother yet again, and shoves Susan off the cliff. She narrowly catches a branch on the way down and holds on, while Henry picks up a large rock which he intends to throw down at her. As he prepares to throw it, Mark arrives and tackles his cousin, and they fight while Susan tries climbing back on to the ledge. In the ensuing brawl, the boys roll off the edge of the cliff, and are caught by Susan after climbing back up to the ledge. She arduously hangs on to each boy with one hand. Henry holds on with both his hands, but Mark's one-handed grip of Susan's bloody hand is slipping.
Wanting to save them both, and yet understanding she can save only one of them, Henry tries to force Susan to bring him her other hand so that he would complete his goal, while Mark tries to warn her that Henry will kill her and the rest of his family so that he can get his revenge. Seeing Mark's way of telling the truth and forgiving him, she makes the painful decision to let go of Henry thus dropping him to his death to protect her family and to rescue Mark. She pulls him up, and they both look down to see Henry's dead body on the rocks below, which is washed away into the sea. Susan and Mark then share an emotional embrace as Mark saved his family from being killed.
When Mark returns to Arizona, he goes to a large rocky hill in order to be alone with his thoughts. He wonders about Susan and if she would again make the same choice to save him instead of Henry.

Sorry for replying so late, Hastings. Today is a holiday here and I'm enjoying every minute before going back to work tomorrow.

The apartment alleged in the media previous to the murder is the one closest to the convenience store. My understanding is the convenience store is located in the Point district. That is where Jun Lin lived. Eric Newman's apartment in May when he committed the crime (allegedly) is in the Snowdon/Cote des Neiges area. About 8 kms. apart. Which begs the question of where, how and when Jun Lin met Eric Newman? I think they may have met at the convenience store. If true, they may have known each other for some time if Eric lived in the Point from Feb 2011 (??) which leads me to believe this was premeditated. The why could very well be jealousy as some have already speculated here. Jun Lin had a lot going for him. He was everything Eric Newman was NOT.

First and foremost on this day of observation, I'd like to wish you and all citizens of Quebec a very happy belated Saint Jean Baptiste Day.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply ~n/t~, it is much appreciated.

To clarify the question regarding the apartment in Point St. Charles that Magnotta lived from December 2011 until February 2012 which apparently was less than a kilometre from the convenience store where Lin worked as a part-time cashier:
Would the convenience store Lin worked at be the closest convenience store to Magnotta's Point St. Charles apartment; the one Magnotta would be most likely to use?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts!

I've seen it and was so disturbed I almos turned it off. The kid in it was evil. To me for some reason there's something more disturbing about psychological evil than outright gore in movies. I think it's the fact that one lurks beneath the surface and the other is easily apparent.

It is worth noting that that movie didn't come out until 1993 and a lot could have happened to him inthe 11 years prior. However, the fact he watched it again and again makes it sound like he identified with it. Disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado