Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I think Lindsay could give some more information to help ID this girl. Even if MJD was a prostitute, she is still someone's loved one. If LE knew she was a prostitute, would there be a file on her somewhere? Don't they also run fingerprints on the unidentified deceased to see if they might match someone already in the system?

I'm sure if she had any kind of criminal record, they would have discovered her identity right away. Fingerprints or DNA would or should have come up by now.

I have to say, I believe it would be more worthwhile to question Lindsay Dejong again. Most likely, she will never tell what actually happened, but it's just impossible to believe they didn't - at the very least - know her first name! He's in the car with MJD and then they pick up Lindsay. Even if they were scumbags, wouldn't he have said, "Hey Lindsay, this is ________ and she wants to go to Florida with us."? C'mon, there's no way they didn't know her name! IIRC, Lindsay is back in Washington state. My concern is, if LE believed MJD was nothing but a prostitute, they may not have put much energy into the investigation. Was it ever verified that she was a prostitute or did LE just take that claim at face value? Even if she was, someone at or around the Ajax Mini-Mart MUST have known her name???

I'm sure LE did only assume she was a prostitute. And I'm sure that is mainly because of the location the passengers in the car said they picked her up at. Van Buren is very notorious for prostitution, I remember in high school, every other joke was about Van Buren prostitutes! It is a horrible area and I always hated driving through it.. but anyway.. I'm sure that's why it was assumed she was prostituting, not to mention there are many shady "hourly" motels along the street, and Ajax drive-thru liquor has a very seedy atmosphere. I bet the same people still own and run that place.. surely someone has to recognize her if she frequented the area a lot.

And about Lindsay.. she definitely needs to be questioned again if she hasn't been.. no articles have mentioned much about her, and it seems that since Alonzo has a criminal record and was the one arrested.. all of the attention is focused on him, and he seems to be sticking to his story. Sure it may be traumatizing to get her to open up more about that day, and things might be hazy for her if she was under the influence, and since it was nearly a decade ago.. but she can probably tell more about this case than anybody..

I agree, I think Lindsay could give some more information to help ID this girl. Even if MJD was a prostitute, she is still someone's loved one. If LE knew she was a prostitute, would there be a file on her somewhere? Don't they also run fingerprints on the unidentified deceased to see if they might match someone already in the system?

I think so, I'm not sure if minors are entered in the system, though (assuming she was probably a minor).. anyone know?

I remember some discussion we had a while back about whether or not posters of her picture were ever posted at the mini mart, or if there was a surveillance system that would have captured her image or Alonso's image from that evening. I don't recall ever having received any information that this was either done, or that the information was made public, so I am hoping if anyone replies to my City Data post, i can get an idea of that or at least guide the respondents to pictures of MJD.

Just a thought.."if" she was not a prostitute and was in such a bad part of town for whatever reason, then maybe she did just jump into the car. Maybe she was dropped off there or taken there by someone else.

Just a thought.."if" she was not a prostitute and was in such a bad part of town for whatever reason, then maybe she did just jump into the car. Maybe she was dropped off there or taken there by someone else.

Agreed-which makes this situation even more horrific...imagine thinking that you were being saved, and then suddenly a situation occurs that causes you to exit a vehicle on the highway at 75 mph?

Is it just me or does it seam very odd that a prostitute would be wearing a ring on a chain around her neck? I also feel like if she was a prostitute in that area that one of the other girls that worked that area would have know something about her. I don't know much about that type of culture. I'm just trying to think about this case from some different angles.

Is it just me or does it seam very odd that a prostitute would be wearing a ring on a chain around her neck? I also feel like if she was a prostitute in that area that one of the other girls that worked that area would have know something about her. I don't know much about that type of culture. I'm just trying to think about this case from some different angles.

maybe it was her pimp's? Don't some pimps promise marriage to underage girls they victimize as part of the seduction for the lifestyle?

We are assuming that she is prostitute based on the say-so of these two dubious characters. Who knows if they even picked her up in Van Buren? Fishy, fishy. I'm loath to believe anything they say until they admit that they knew her name!

I am mainly assuming she was a prostitute, not only because that's what the ME website assumes, but from talking to a close friend of mine who is an ex-prostitute. But yes, Absinthe, I agree that they probably did at least know her name.

I was told that it is common for girls to start in in Vegas or LA, and they will work "seasons" in Florida, and they stop in Phx in between because it has adult-oriented hotels and such which made prostitution easier in that area on the way to the east.

He was on the same interstate that I took to get to Florida from Phoenix, and was going the right direction, so he probably really was going to FL, however he could have just said that because he knew and made up some story as he was traveling along the interstate.. I don't know..

Is it possible that Alonzo was her pimp? And Linsday "turned her trick?".. I am just trying to look at this case from different angles..

I wonder if the people in the car have any previous offenses that pertain to prostitution..

I am mainly assuming she was a prostitute, not only because that's what the ME website assumes, but from talking to a close friend of mine who is an ex-prostitute. But yes, Absinthe, I agree that they probably did at least know her name.

I was told that it is common for girls to start in in Vegas or LA, and they will work "seasons" in Florida, and they stop in Phx in between because it has adult-oriented hotels and such which made prostitution easier in that area on the way to the east.

He was on the same interstate that I took to get to Florida from Phoenix, and was going the right direction, so he probably really was going to FL, however he could have just said that because he knew and made up some story as he was traveling along the interstate.. I don't know..

Is it possible that Alonzo was her pimp? And Linsday "turned her trick?".. I am just trying to look at this case from different angles..

I wonder if the people in the car have any previous offenses that pertain to prostitution..

Does MJD look familiar to her? How does her experience sway you to believe that MJD was a prostitute?
I am still intrigued by the sex trafficking theory..to me, MJD has a very Slavic look.

Well, I have talked to her about this case.. and she wasn't in that "business" in 99, so she wouldn't recognize her.. but when I told her about the blue heart tattoo.. she said that often times pimps "brand" their girls.. maybe they should see if other prostitutes or ex prostitutes share this design..

I will ask her if she knows any girls that may have worked in Van Buren around that time..

Well, I have talked to her about this case.. and she wasn't in that "business" in 99, so she wouldn't recognize her.. but when I told her about the blue heart tattoo.. she said that often times pimps "brand" their girls.. maybe they should see if other prostitutes or ex prostitutes share this design..

I will ask her if she knows any girls that may have worked in Van Buren around that time..

I didn't know that...that's a great piece of information.

Does MJD look familiar to her? How does her experience sway you to believe that MJD was a prostitute?
I am still intrigued by the sex trafficking theory..to me, MJD has a very Slavic look.

you're right.. when I first saw her post-mortem.. she didn't even look American to me..

I just got an email from Sue Dodt. She's trying to get the police photos of the ring, and will have them posted online soon!

I'm getting so excited for MJD.. hopefully soon she will get the name she deserves!

Attemptoidentify went into the area she was found, handed out a tremendous amount of flyers and also spoke to the street people in the area. NOONE recalls her. (I think I posted this on a different thread sorry!) Here's their link to do some reading on what they've done this far.

snip -

Dentals: Available. She had dental fillings.

Jewelry: 1 Yellow metal earring with clear stone,
2 yellow metal (gold) earrings with black stones, one white (silver) metal navel ring.

Please note her DNA "is" in the database!

passing out over 2,000 flyers and posting more than 1,000 posters in over 4 counties, one of the things ATI will be doing is meeting with the police investigator and hopefully will get a copy of the full property report since it was left out of the autopsy.

Since the info posted about her possibly being a prostitute, it is very important to know what she was wearing and what she had in her possession! The theory about her being a hitchhiker may be true, it may even be true that she was a prostitute, however NONE of this can be confirmed and those people that made these statements where the last people she was with, she (from the way the case reads) jumped from "their" car!

So we have to all be open minded and get to the bottom of this once and for all! She deserves a name, no matter who she was or what she did to stay alive!

***End of Snip***

I do have permission from ATI to cross post their info. They have also been invited here to see if anything sticks out to them that they may have not come across as of yet.

Attemptoidentify went into the area she was found, handed out a tremendous amount of flyers and also spoke to the street people in the area. NOONE recalls her. (I think I posted this on a different thread sorry!) Here's their link to do some reading on what they've done this far.

snip -

Dentals: Available. She had dental fillings.

Jewelry: 1 Yellow metal earring with clear stone,
2 yellow metal (gold) earrings with black stones, one white (silver) metal navel ring.

Please note her DNA "is" in the database!

passing out over 2,000 flyers and posting more than 1,000 posters in over 4 counties, one of the things ATI will be doing is meeting with the police investigator and hopefully will get a copy of the full property report since it was left out of the autopsy.

Since the info posted about her possibly being a prostitute, it is very important to know what she was wearing and what she had in her possession! The theory about her being a hitchhiker may be true, it may even be true that she was a prostitute, however NONE of this can be confirmed and those people that made these statements where the last people she was with, she (from the way the case reads) jumped from "their" car!

So we have to all be open minded and get to the bottom of this once and for all! She deserves a name, no matter who she was or what she did to stay alive!

***End of Snip***

I do have permission from ATI to cross post their info. They have also been invited here to see if anything sticks out to them that they may have not come across as of yet.

Yes, I read that. Thanks for posting.. I started to believe a while ago she probably wasn't a local.. but I don't know.

How sad for no one to step up and claim this poor girl. It angers me soo much sometimes. I always try to imagine, that at least in one point in her life, she was happy without a worry in the world, and lived in a functional home..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks