NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the weather on LI will warm up considerably soon. Then all the folks will be out walking their dogs. Many missing persons (their remains) are found accidentally by dogs with excellent sniffers.

This was how they found ChandraLevy, after hundreds of searchers from the Washington PD missed her in a park that wasn't all that big.

sorry just added link I think works here :)
MEDFORD, N.Y. (WPIX)— Suffolk County Police have arrested a man in the murder of a Long Island woman who suspiciously vanished in March, and whose body was discovered just off the Long Island Expressway.

Chad Johnson was charged with the second-degree murder for the death of Jennifer Papain, following a Tuesday morning court appearance at First District Court in Central Islip.

Johnson was additionally charged with third-degree patronizing a prostitute, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and unlawful possession of marijuana.

Papain's body was dumped alongside the Long Island Expressway and discovered early Monday morning in a wooded area just off a westbound LIE service road, near Bellport Road in Medford, according to Suffolk County police.

Cops did not provide information on what lead them to the roadway in Medford.

Papain, 26, of Harper Street in North Patchogue was last seen on March 24 when she and a friend drove to Bay Shore Road in Bay Shore in Papain father's car.

Papain exited the vehicle at about 5:30 p.m. while her friend waited for her in the car. Papain never returned.

"It wasn't that she had an altercation in the car or anything," said Suffolk Det. Sgt. Mark Pulaski. "She just didn't come back."

Suffolk County police began their investigation into her suspicious disappearance on March 26.

Papain was described as a petitie woman, standing at 5-feet 3-inches and weighing 110-pounds, who had brown shoulder length hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing grey sweatpants, white shirt and white sneakers.

Jennifer thread here! He was arrested in 2010
Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Papain, 26, North Patchogue, 22 March 2010 - Body Found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Very interesting.
Megan was reported missing in June 2010

Yes, that was the one. Thanks for finding it.

That "theft of services" remark by the police officer was unconscionable.

That's the punch-line of a bad joke about prostitutes. I cannot believe a member of LE said that to the press about that poor woman.

I think the SCPD started the search west of Gilgo because they had some other information, not because they were searching for SG. I don't believe the reason for the initial search. Why would thy search 8-10 miles away for a girl that was last seen in Oak Beach? I think they have a lot more info then they are letting out. And I don't think this search was started because of SG.

due to shannon being missing, the officer chose to walk his k9 in that area. so i will truly believe that it was shannon being missing that led the officer with his cadaver dog to stumble across the remains.

it seems shannon's purpose in this life was so that the others would be found and their families given closure.

what other reason would the officer have to go search in that area? they certainly didn't expect to find 4 bodies there.

i'll definitely agree that le knows more than they are letting out to the public though!

why do you think the search started if it wasn't because of shannon gilbert?

I was just talking to my neighbor about this subject and he said that his wife's friend was driving on Ocean Parkway either last year or the year before and she saw a girl running into the road screaming. He said that her and her husband went to stop to help the girl but someone else stopped as well and they decided to keep going. He said that it was raining out when it happened. Does anyone know if it was raining the night SG ran from the old man's house in Oak Beach?

Hy neighbor said that his wife's friend never reported it to police even after the bodies were found. What is wrong with people? I will see if I can get more info from my neighbor or his wife. And I will tell them to persuade the girl to report it.

if this is true, they certainly need to report it, or you should report that they've seen that, so that le can in turn try and jog their memories of that night. it could be important if they did see details and may pertain to this case.

I was thinking, someone should try to bait this guy on CL. List a female with similar traits. Get a phone number really play it out step by step, I don't know if it would work but it would be interesting to see. I would think LE has thought about doing this. Still it's a good idea.

honestly, i don't think it's a safe idea as we should never underestimate a serial killer.
someone trying to "bait" him could potentially be endangered.
not to mention at this point (any point really) the sk may be laying low and will be overly paranoid likely as all these bodies have been found.

your blackberry phone idea is very interesting, if they don't have a solid ip, they rove, then my guess is if it's not traceable, that's what the killer is using.

blackberrys aren't cheap either.. there's no way they could trace the ip if one was roving and roaming around?

chemcopout,

To me, it just doesn't make sense that the K9 units would be training on the barrier island in December. And SG vanished in Oak Beach so I could see them conducting a K9 search in Oak Beach, not Gilgo. Unless they had some specific information that told them to check Gilgo. This could be triangulation of SG's cell phone pings. Or some other info. But they did not stumble across these bodies on a training mission as they originally stated. They knew there was something there. I just wonder what led them to check there.

Thanks for your input!

honestly, i don't think it's a safe idea as we should never underestimate a serial killer.
someone trying to "bait" him could potentially be endangered.
not to mention at this point (any point really) the sk may be laying low and will be overly paranoid likely as all these bodies have been found.

your blackberry phone idea is very interesting, if they don't have a solid ip, they rove, then my guess is if it's not traceable, that's what the killer is using.

blackberrys aren't cheap either.. there's no way they could trace the ip if one was roving and roaming around?

Yeah chem, I was thinking that too. Undercover operations like that are best left to LE. We have no idea what this guy is capable of and no real back up if things go wrong. I briefly considered putting up fake ads but realized the danger of that and threw that idea out. I hope LE has some bait ads they are using.

Yeah chem, I was thinking that too. Undercover operations like that are best left to LE. We have no idea what this guy is capable of and no real back up if things go wrong. I briefly considered putting up fake ads but realized the danger of that and threw that idea out. I hope LE has some bait ads they are using.

it's just too dangerous... until this guy is caught we know he uses the internet and has got the victims off there. he's internet savvy and (this is a scary yet possible thought) that he may even read on sites like here. it's likely he at least keeps up with the news.

which is good that le doesn't let out everything to the media.

if the killer were to read on here that someone planned to "bait" him, he could possibly garner information on that person such as handle, and any bio profile info they've posted on this site.

god i'd hate to think if the serial killer can hack...

chemcopout,

To me, it just doesn't make sense that the K9 units would be training on the barrier island in December. And SG vanished in Oak Beach so I could see them conducting a K9 search in Oak Beach, not Gilgo. Unless they had some specific information that told them to check Gilgo. This could be triangulation of SG's cell phone pings. Or some other info. But they did not stumble across these bodies on a training mission as they originally stated. They knew there was something there. I just wonder what led them to check there.

Thanks for your input!

I agree I think they have an someone tipping them off. I also think it is someone who knows SG who is doing the tipping.

SG case turns into an investigation because of her 911 call. So they start asking questions and someone who might know her knows she goes to that area so they may have been lead back to the area to relook because of whoever they spoke with after they started looking into her case.

It took them from May until dec to get out there to look for SG. The weather in may is much nicer for searching then in dec. So imo by Dec I think they had some clues about something but maybe just not for everything.

I agree I think they have an someone tipping them off. I also think it is someone who knows SG who is doing the tipping.

SG case turns into an investigation because of her 911 call. So they start asking questions and someone who might know her knows she goes to that area so they may have been lead back to the area to relook because of whoever they spoke with after they started looking into her case.

It took them from May until dec to get out there to look for SG. The weather in may is much nicer for searching then in dec. So imo by Dec I think they had some clues about something but maybe just not for everything.

what was in may? when she went missing? why not search right then and there, the weather would have been perfect?
do you think that since shannon named who she thought was after her (according to her family who got word from le) that that is why they would look there? or if this person was after her for awhile, she may have mentioned it to friends?
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/more-uncertainty-for-missing-woman-s-kin-1.2791810
i can't find the link to this as the original article seems to have been edited.
lipd seems to have a cya mentality towards questions about their slow response to her 911 call, claiming "they lost the call"??? after 21 mins they lose a call?

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/...idens-remains-not-shannan-gilbert-s-1.2546580

"Questions remain about the police response to a frantic 911 call from Gilbert as she left Brewer's home. The New York State Police did not send a patrol car when she called. Gilbert - who only said she was "near Jones Beach" - was transferred to them, said a State Police spokesman, Trooper Frank Bandiero.

The dispatcher "had no idea where this woman was," Bandiero said. "We spoke with her, the call was lost, and she never called back."

Bandiero did not respond Thursday to a request for a recording of the 911 call."

the only thing i can say is they can't release the 911 call since shannon named who she thought was after her.

also -this is random- what i find odd is jb's neighbors mention seeing jb and someone else loading a u-haul with a very small light on at late hours of the night.

so they're pretty much loading a uhaul in the dark, and it took them only 15 mins. why not turn on a light to see better? whatever they were doing was shady, and they didn't want the neighbors to see.

there's no other explanation. why do something that late in the dark with only a tiny light on? le never made a statement about that either...

""That guy always gave me the creeps," the neighbor said.

"One night about two months ago, he parked a U-Haul van on the side of the house. It was the strangest thing," the neighbor added.

"He and another man were packing the truck up in the dark. They moved real fast. It took about fifteen minutes. They didn't turn any lights on except one little light. That was the last time I saw him.

The man declined comment when reached by phone yesterday, and his family said they knew nothing about the case."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_..._house_where_hooker_shanno.html#ixzz1IQktbF9G

Chemco,

I have know clue about her naming someone in the 911 call but that is an interesting thought.
After the 911 call in May I would think they would have walked that patch right behind those homes. On the news clips you can see the lights from the homes behind the scene.
If she was running and they knew she was trying to get away it would be logical for them to want to make sure she was not hit and injuried on the highway.

If Shannon knows the murderer and ran from him ,it could be possible Shannon is hiding I doubt it as I believe someone would have heard from her but I wouldnt doubt her a good canidate for a witness protection program if she was aware of these serial killing at the time of her 911 call. Her murderer could very well be someone she had repeated contact with. I pray she is safe. I also do hope they are getting tips to be lead out there so they can get this guy off our streets ,if he isnt in jail already.

If the SK is still out there, I doubt he is using Craigslist now. I don't think he's stopped, just changed his methods.

waltzingmatilda,

I find it very interesting that you've added a police officer to the list of potential suspects. Can you elaborate?

When I heard about the Asian guy in the dark surburban SUV in Oak Beach, I thought about someone that matches that description. But it would be a real long shot.

I've been thinking about potential suspects who would have reason to be out there dumping bodies without arousing suspicion. A police officer is at the bottom of my list tho.

wm

I remember reading about that guy, goathairhones. He choked his victim til she was unconscious. (There is a thread about him here in the crimes forum)

He also has a history of violence against women. He is the type of person I can imagine being a killer. He served on a board or something in the town he lives and seemed to be respected by his peers. It is frightening to think about evil people living and working among us.

MOO

wm

I wonder if they are now tracking cars license plates that are going over the bridges to the barrier islands. The reason I am saying this is because I just saw a post from a friend in a car club that said "Do not go to the beach (OBI) this morning. State police are giving tickets for cars with no front plates. They had about 20 cars pulled over for no front plates." They may be using some type of camera device to capture plate numbers.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member