Police say parents are not answering vital questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't say for certain it was that restaurant, but don't know what else it could be. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Been driving me nuts for weeks.

You're welcome. And, yes, I did do a little "reading in between the lines" since the reporter doesn't come right out and say that it is Stroud's.

I guess the important thing to note about the report is that the search area is near where the teen works.

I'm sure LE is just being diligent but I do have to wonder if the search was prompted due to something not "jiving" with what he told them. Perhaps the female teen is certain he said something different than what he told LE?

All JMO.

With tomorrow being monday and all, I wonder what deflection and diversion we'll be served up?

You're welcome. And, yes, I did do a little "reading in between the lines" since the reporter doesn't come right out and say that it is Stroud's.

I guess the important thing to note about the report is that the search area is near where the teen works.

I'm sure LE is just being diligent but I do have to wonder if the search was prompted due to something something not "jiving" with what he told them. Perhaps the female teen is certain he said something different than what he told LE?

All JMO.

Perhaps it isn't jiving.

I understand your point and I think it's valid. BUT we aren't talking about being accused of stealing or dealing drugs here. THEIR BABY IS MISSING!!! They need to somehow find a way to work with LE to help find her. If that takes sitting there and telling what you know a bazillion times, even while you are obviously being accused of being involved, you keep doing it. . .because if you don't. . .then what?

MOO

There is a limit to how often you can repeat that you don't know what happened, especially if you are innocent and were asleep at the time.

..Keep hoping there Nixie..it can't hurt. The FBI is not involved in searching for missing children till it crosses State Lines. The local LE are the ones who need the cooperation of the parents.

The FBI usually has a limited role...that being their labs are used for forensics. Every once in awhile, they do profiling. I have no doubt the attorneys want to talk to FBI because they are the ones that would have results of any testing of materials...and that could involve their clients. FBI is not going to share anything with them unless there is a legal loophole these attorneys find.

Defense Attorneys have no interest in locating a missing child. They are there to represent and prevent LE from accusing their clients. They will do everything in their power to find a way to accuse LE of hyperfocusing on their client or anything else they can find. Defense attorneys loves to go after LE, in fact they make a career around it.

If, as I believe, the baby was Abducted then she will have been taken across the State Line by now. In fact, probably almost immediately. That The FBI are involved tells me that they think she was likely abducted.

There is a limit to how often you can repeat that you don't know what happened, especially if you are innocent and were asleep at the time.

Yes, and that limit would be right up until they brought my baby home. I wouldn't and couldn't give up knowing my defenseless infant was out there somewhere. I would say it a gazillion times if I had to even with my attorney sitting right there with me nodding his head. . . .but I wouldn't stop.

Let's be honest, when your child is missing, there isn't a limit. Why does there have to be a limit? LE and FBI have much better resources at their disposal. If I want to find my child, I have to work with them to have access to those. If I need to repeat what I know over and over, at least the investigation stays active. If I don't talk and the leads dry up, then what? The case goes cold and I may never see my child again, or find out what happened to her?

THEIR BABY IS MISSING!!!

If, as I believe, the baby was Abducted then she will have been taken across the State Line by now. In fact, probably almost immediately. That The FBI are involved tells me that they think she was likely abducted.

If that's the case then I will be patiently waiting to see the parents firing their legal team tomorrow.

Who says the FBI are involved with the Lisa Irwin Case? IIRC, their forensic services were used by the local LE in this case. The local LE are more than capable of handling this case. The FBI will be available to assist in identifing any sightings in other states and I'm sure they will assist the local LE again if more sophisticated forensics are necessary.

To take the leap that Lisa was abducted and taken out-of-state has no basis. It is always a consideration but not unlikely.

There are many more questions than "Do you know what happened?" to be answered. Neither parent wants to talk. I wonder what the reason is that they don't want to talk to LE w/o each other being present...hmm.

My guess is ... in case one slips up, the other can cover.

278 babies under one year went missing in ten years. 265 of them were killed by a parent figure ...

The Media seems to be far more interested in the apparent lack of cooperation than they are in anything else. This alone is keeping Lisa out there.
And anyway, I am not entirely sure that Debbie and Jeremy aren't cooperating. It has long been admitted that LE tell fibs to trick people.

278 babies under one year went missing in ten years. 265 of them were killed by a parent. ...

Wasn't that 278 in 30 years, if you are citing Ernie Allen? All but one of the thirteen were found unharmed.

What happened to the other thirteen?

thirteen were stranger abductions. I haven't the stats, but most of the time, the children who are recovered are found alive. We are talking infants here.

The odds are about 5% that the parents are not involved in this case. Those odds go down when you consider a failed poly, a cadaver dog hit, substance abuse, and some lies.

For the better part of ten years, I have seen cases like this on the boards. So many good people want to believe in the common good. It appears to be human nature to struggle to believe that the child is alive and well. No one wants to think that a parent would harm their own child. I get it.

I hope I am wrong but as you can see the percentages are not in her favor.

There is always hope. I am grateful for the people that have hope and see the bright side. It has been difficult for me to be optimistic as I am jaded...and for that I am sorry.

For the better part of ten years, I have seen cases like this on the boards. So many good people want to believe in the common good. It appears to be human nature to struggle to believe that the child is alive and well. No one wants to think that a parent would harm their own child. I get it.

I hope I am wrong but as you can see the percentages are not in her favor.

There is always hope. I am grateful for the people that have hope and see the bright side. It has been difficult for me to be optimistic as I am jaded...and for that I am sorry.

It's okay. I do understand. I am a bit jaded myself. But I need proof, and so far I have seen nothing that can't be explained.
It would wreck me if I accused them and then found that I was wrong. I am still recovering from my initial suspicions concerning The McCanns, which I did voice on a couple of occasions, long ago. So I won't be making that mistake again.

thirteen were stranger abductions. I haven't the stats, but most of the time, the children who are recovered are found alive. We are talking infants here.

The odds are about 5% that the parents are not involved in this case. Those odds go down when you consider a failed poly, a cadaver dog hit, substance abuse, and some lies.

I just wanted to point out that the majority of these rare occasions is of a woman who wants (or needs to now produce) a baby, takes it from a medical facility or is a babysitter for that child. Most are recovered withing 5 days.

None of which applies here. :(

It's okay. I do understand. I am a bit jaded myself. But I need proof, and so far I have seen nothing that can't be explained.
It would wreck me if I accused them and then found that I was wrong. I am still recovering from my initial suspicions concerning The McCanns, which I did voice on a couple of occasions, long ago. So I won't be making that mistake again.

Was the McCann case resolved? Some of the cases that aren't resolved doesn't mean the parent is innocent. Their case was an older child and that is a very different matter. Don't beat yourself up!

These baby cases are something else altogether.

Was the McCann case resolved? Some of the cases that aren't resolved doesn't mean the parent is innocent. Their case was an older child and that is a very different matter. Don't beat yourself up!

These baby cases are something else altogether.

No, Madeleine has still not been found. But a horrendous amount of lies and misinformation were spread on The Internet, and still are being. These lies and misinformation didn't just come from The Media but from the Portuguese Police as well, and so much of which has since proved to have been absolutely wrong. And I suspect that the same will happen in this Case.

There is undoubtedly a market for Abducted Babies, no matter what statistics say. It actually does happen. The sad thing is that babies like Lisa are too young to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer