WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The address for home that was listed on the registration at the hotel... it was actually another hotel wasn't it?

Did police or anyone check with that hotel for Lyle or a different name or anything of the sort?

It was a Best Western. They showed his photo to the staff, but they didn't recognize him.

Fidel Urbina

I know prints should have matched in database but maybe a comp glitch. Yes i saw that the last sighting was 2 years ago but what does that mean? Family saw him?

It was a Best Western. They showed his photo to the staff, but they didn't recognize him.

Was that the extent of their investigation at the Best Western? If that was it that leaves a lot of possibilities... someone could definitely go unrecognized... it may have been a month since he was there... or more... who knows.
Interesting....

Was that the extent of their investigation at the Best Western? If that was it that leaves a lot of possibilities... someone could definitely go unrecognized... it may have been a month since he was there... or more... who knows.
Interesting....

I don't think CCM said anything further about the trip to the BW.

If the hotel in Idaho is an address that he knew of and is a place he stayed... can we determine then that "Lyle" was heading west? He Moves from a hotel in Idaho to another hotel in Washington.
It would seem the Best Western in Idaho was an actual stop he made.... probably under a different name.
Where was he before the Best Western in Idaho? Further east? Was he heading for the western sea board?
Could he have been from say Nebraska, maybe Omaha? Too far east?

And seems to me his weight loss is tied to his depression... seems he had been depressed and losing weight for much longer then 5 days... maybe more like 2 months or so... maybe like around June 13, 2001. 3 months of depression can take a toll.

:bump:

Bumping for Lyle. I hope that somewhere there is someone can identify you, Lyle, and hopefully it is sooner rather than later. :(

:bump:

Thinking of you today, Lyle.

tumblr_m531jeAqzT1r8nspto1_400.gif

It's been 11 years now :tears:

I was thinking about this too the other day during the Independence Day holiday here in the States -- that here in a few short months, it will be ELEVEN years since Lyle's passing. Almost hard to believe it's been that long. :(

I try to think positive, but I can't help but wonder sometimes -- will he EVER be identified? And where do we go from here? :tears:

I was thinking about this too the other day during the Independence Day holiday here in the States -- that here in a few short months, it will be ELEVEN years since Lyle's passing. Almost hard to believe it's been that long. :(

I try to think positive, but I can't help but wonder sometimes -- will he EVER be identified? And where do we go from here? :tears:

He will - I'm optimistic about that. I might take some time, but it will happen.

There's UID cases have been stalled for 20-30 years and they've been identified within the past 10 years or so.

Lyle would be about 31 this year... still such a young age...

He will - I'm optimistic about that. I might take some time, but it will happen.

There's UID cases have been stalled for 20-30 years and they've been identified within the past 10 years or so.

Lyle would be about 31 this year... still such a young age...

I admire your optimism, outofthedark! :)

And you're definitely right . . . there have been some stalled UID cases that have been identified within the past decade. That's something that I will keep in mind when I'm feeling hopeless about this. :)

I admire your optimism, outofthedark! :)

And you're definitely right . . . there have been some stalled UID cases that have been identified within the past decade. That's something that I will keep in mind when I'm feeling hopeless about this. :)

Sometimes I do feel like it will be hopeless, but then I remember the ones such as Robert Corriveau (1968), Jeanne Melville (1970), Dorothy Gay Howard (1954), Angela Girdner (1985, Apparently they had misplaced her remains and vital information), Serial killer victims (various years), and Surette Clark (1979).

I had a dream once that he was identified, so maybe it will happen soon.

For all we know, he could be identified at the end of the year or in 2013. Things happen when you least expect it!

Lyle is buried at the Fern Hill Cemetery in Aberdeen. He might be in Block 43, space 32.

After numerous searching, I found a Sept. 17th, 2001 article in the archives that mentions Lyle: http://tdw.thedailyworld.com/content/news_20010918_8

I finally got around to asking my friend (from Saudi Arabia w/ the "unusual" dental work) about "Lyle" and showed him his photo. He thinks if he is from the Middle East he is probably from Lebanon or Iran. He also thought that he could have been Italian or Italian American, for the record. Why I asked about whether Lyle was buried or cremated was because this same person gets really upset about the idea of cremation and I wondered if "Lyle" was the same way and selected a jurisdiction where he would be buried.

I finally got around to asking my friend (from Saudi Arabia w/ the "unusual" dental work) about "Lyle" and showed him his photo. He thinks if he is from the Middle East he is probably from Lebanon or Iran. He also thought that he could have been Italian or Italian American, for the record. Why I asked about whether Lyle was buried or cremated was because this same person gets really upset about the idea of cremation and I wondered if "Lyle" was the same way and selected a jurisdiction where he would be buried.

He does have a Mediterranean appearance and those countries are within that region.

I know 3 Iranian people, and sometime I think I could get an opinion from one of them.

If Lyle is thought to have lost a lot of weight just prior to his death, has anyone done a sketch of what he would look like with say another 40 lbs on him?

His face would look different.

Coldcaseman - have you ruled out Lyle wasn't hanging out with the unidentified male found in Deep River, Ontario 12 days before Lyle was found in the motel room? Is it a possibility?

Too weird about the many hotel/motel rooms and the caffeine/diet pills/weight loss the two have in common.

CANADA Canada - Laurentian Hills near Deep River ON - Male 334UMON, 28-40, Sept 2001 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That guy seems like he was a traveler or traveling around Canada. I think he was a health nut, with all the supplements and protein bars. I think the hotels may have been from extensive traveling, but only this time around, he was probably hiking. I think he was/got lost or stranded somewhere.

It does seem like the Deep River unidentified man was traveling around - but where were his other belongings? Other clothes, ID, money, bank card etc. How did he get to Deep River if he had been in Toronto as the laundry bag suggests?

No family or employer reported him missing? He doesn't appear to have been homeless.

Wonder what Lyle was trying to escape. He seemed to have been a man of means as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken