Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel especially bad for these girls who dated MR afterwards. My skin would be crawling.

Next witness is Sarah Hodge.

Hodge is 31. She met Rafferty in March of 2009 on Plenty of Fish. Messaged on the site. Met face to face in April on 2009.

Says they met April 14th. They also sent text messages before that

RaffertyLFP: A woman who met Rafferty on a website "Plenty of Fish" is the next witness. First met him in person shortly after Easter in 2009

RaffertyLFP: The woman said she dated Rafferty for 2-3 weeks

What number is this? Who's keeping count?

MOO

She saw him nearly every day during that span. He told her he was a dance instructor, and had his own contracting business.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said she did most of the driving when they went out but she was in Rafferty's car 4-5 times

Floor mats in the back seat or the entire carpet? Big difference, since it was carpeted when LE picked it up on the 19th. :waitasec:

MOO

I took it to mean the carpet from the trunk was missing, as was the back seat.

Rafferty spent a lot of time texting, said it was for changing dance appointments.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said there was no back seat and the dashboard appeared white, Rafferty told him he was having bucket seats put him back

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty was taking Oxycontin He told her he was taking the drugs for colon cancer

Actually this is taken out of context. He is saying when he saw the seat on March 29th there were no chunks out of it. NOT when it was seen in the trash pile.

HTH,

Salem

Here are the tweets regarding the car seat and when it was removed.

Derstine suggests seat was removed to put in speakers in March 2009. Asks if he saw the car seat placed in the shed. He says no.

Griswold says he noticed Rafferty remove the seat and put it in his shed March 29th, 09. He is read his synopsis, now remembers.

http://twitter.com/#!/AM980_Court

To me this means the car seat was gone before the abduction, the witness was wrong the first time, after he re-reads his notes he recalls that, yes in fact the seat was in the shed on March 29th. Earlier in his testimony he said that he saw it out in the trash for spring clean up, which was when the Crown asked when he saw it. Derstine crossed to ask if the seat was in fact out of the car prior to the abduction, which means if the seat wasn't there when Tori was abducted, TLM was not instructed by MR to cut out chunks of the seat because of blood, etc.

She said his car had no back seats. Said he was getting bucket seats put in.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty spoke of Terri-Lynne McClintic -"was taking care of her when her mother couldn't"

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty was taking care of McClintic while she was in Genest detention centre would take her clothes go to court appearances

Rafferty also said he took oxycontin because he thought he had colon cancer. He told her he knew Terri-Lynne McClintic and her mother.

Rafferty spoke to McClintic on the phone while Hodge was in the room. Said he'd be in court for her.

Plenty of people that witnessed MR's back seat in the trash
Yes. And to think that all this time everyone was speculating about the seat and searching for it. I'm thinking LE interviewed people on Tennyson and learned about the seat being at the curb early on and cautioned these people not to talk to anyone about it because they could be witnesses in the upcoming trial. JMO

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty was closely following Stafford's disappearance - claimed to have inside information about mom Tara McDonald

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty once spoke to her about abducting children

Rafferty spent a lot of time texting, said it was for changing dance appointments.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said there was no back seat and the dashboard appeared white, Rafferty told him he was having bucket seats put him back

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty was taking Oxycontin He told her he was taking the drugs for colon cancer

:what:

This guy is worse than Casey Anthony. :thud:

Rafferty was "constantly" checking the news about Tori. He said he had inside information. Disappearance was related to drugs.

Hodge says Rafferty discussed abducting people with her.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty spoke about abducting kids - the kids grow up thinking the abducters are their real parents

He said people take kids and abduct them and the kids grow up thinking the abductors are their real parents. No more questions.

RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks the woman if she took oxycodone. She says no but is familiar with the drug

Derstine asks Hodge is she uses oxycontin. Then questions about the pills Rafferty had. No more questions

(Hodge had not used oxycontin. Recognized the pills)

RaffertyLFP: The court is recessed for 20 minutes

To me this means the car seat was gone before the abduction, the witness was wrong the first time, after he re-reads his notes he recalls that, yes in fact the seat was in the shed on March 29th.

Two possibilities. He did remove the seat that day to install the speaker in his trunk but replaced it shortly after. Or the neighbour is mistaken about the day he saw MR remove the seat, it was the Sunday after the crime, and that was the excuse he was given when he asked about it.

I wouldn't say that one person's witness testimony that the seat was removed on the 29th, testimony given almost two months after the fact, is enough to determine that the seat was not in the car after that date.

Remember the woman who found the sneakers couldn't even remember what month she found them in.

MOO

Any of those tweets have a date or a time frame for when the comment was made by her about abducting kids, what context ect

:what:

This guy is worse than Casey Anthony. :thud:

I think it would be awfully painful to continue dance instructing with colon cancer. I vaguely remember a news item from 2009 where CMcL tells a reporter she takes oxy because she's suffering from intestinal cancer. I will look for the link later. Is this another MTR deception? I think so. JMO

Rafferty was "constantly" checking the news about Tori. He said he had inside information. Disappearance was related to drugs.

Hodge says Rafferty discussed abducting people with her.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said Rafferty spoke about abducting kids - the kids grow up thinking the abducters are their real parents

He said people take kids and abduct them and the kids grow up thinking the abductors are their real parents. No more questions.

This might be taken out of context. Did he speak to her about the subject of kids getting abducted? Or did he speak to her about abducting kids with her. Big difference.

To me this means the car seat was gone before the abduction, the witness was wrong the first time, after he re-reads his notes he recalls that, yes in fact the seat was in the shed on March 29th. Earlier in his testimony he said that he saw it out in the trash for spring clean up, which was when the Crown asked when he saw it. Derstine crossed to ask if the seat was in fact out of the car prior to the abduction, which means if the seat wasn't there when Tori was abducted, TLM was not instructed by MR to cut out chunks of the seat because of blood, etc.

Did you find what the other tweeters tweeted regarding that? I was going to go look but then the trial resumed.

If it was in the shed on the 29th it doesn't mean that the seat wasn't in the car on April 8th and then removed again for the spring cleaning.

Any of those tweets have a date or a time frame for when the comment was made by her about abducting kids, what context ect

Here's one from ...
Mark Carcasole ‏ @MarkCarc1010

Woman says #Rafferty discussed abduction of kids w/ her. "how some ppl kidnap kids & then they grow up thinking they're their real parents."
3:08 PM - 12 Apr 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member