Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard of family members leading the searchers to the body when it turned out they were the one who killed them, but that doesn't happen too often, I hope. However, in the movie that was made years ago about the little girl who inspired the Amber Alert, the guy who had abducted and killed her is the one who "found" the body. And in the meantime, he was already planning the kidnapping of another girl.
I personally don't think LE has time to check out every volunteer, but I know that search organizations try their best. Who is to say that it couldn't be someone who is just lucky enough not to have been caught yet? Or this could be his first time to pull something like this off.

That is why they are ID'ing and registering everyone who shows up as a volunteer for the search.

And I would bet high that they are videotaping every vigil and other event to record who showed up, as well.

I tend to think it was someone who stalked her, rather than a friend turned foe. I think if it was a planned meeting, for a ride to school, they'd be evidence of that via social media or her phone. The police would have some idea who it was and wouldn't be throwing such a wide net.

I can't picture gang members kidnapping her at such an early hour? I don't know, maybe. The early time of day suggests to me it was well planned, I guess a gang could be. I think the bag was dropped back in the vicinity after whatever has happened to Sierra on the Friday or Saturday. Returned to the general area because it can't be left with Sierra (is she in water?) and the perp needs to get rid of it, so return it to the area to offer no new geographical information.

I don't know what to make of the bag's contents, except it seems reasonable that LE would say it seemed to be what she'd take to school. Not sure what the specific folding thing meant, was it to communicate it wasn't the clothes she likely had on?

As I hear all the news of this heart rending case...I cannot help but think there's a war in America! living in Jamaica and flicking through the iPad news apps and CNN everyday, all we see and hear about is another "young girl missing". It is frightful actually that your own offspring can be snapped up right in front of your home or God forbid, IN your own home. It is time to fight back. Teach your children self defense tactics....I know I sound crazy but location is the first step apparently and this is advice to all of us women,
never ever allow anyone to transfer you anywhere or to the next location ..never get into a car of any stranger, even if it could be someone quite upheld in the community, this is what we should be teaching and telling our children everyday, and never stopping!

I pray for Sierra's safe return, but it just is not looking good based on the mere stats and history of cases of missing children. As for the fact that the school did not notify her mother or parents that she had not shown up to school that day until after 6 pm, this is ridiculous! So in fighting back against this epidemic of crime against young girls and women, schools MUST PLAY A PART TOO!

The first three hours are crucial in these cases, and so much time has already gone by. That day she went missing is the day of lost time, and it is so unfortunate that no one called her mother or parents to inquire where she was. What a travesty and seems like another tragedy.

I still pray for her safe return, as I also believe in miracles.

I was surprised that Sierra's mom was contacted so late. It is very unfortunate—and something that I'm sure she second guesses ... that old "what if." I once forgot to call my daughter in sick at the middle-school level, and the school called within two hours. But I've heard that our high school is lax about calling, which bothers me. Thanks to your post, I'll check up on that.

I agree that this doesn't look good, sadly.

I tend to think it was someone who stalked her, rather than a friend turned foe. I think if it was a planned meeting, for a ride to school, they'd be evidence of that via social media or her phone. The police would have some idea who it was and wouldn't be throwing such a wide net.

I can't picture gang members kidnapping her at such an early hour? I don't know, maybe. The early time of day suggests to me it was well planned, I guess a gang could be. I think the bag was dropped back in the vicinity after whatever has happened to Sierra on the Friday or Saturday. Returned to the general area because it can't be left with Sierra (is she in water?) and the perp needs to get rid of it, so return it to the area to offer no new geographical information.

I don't know what to make of the bag's contents, except it seems reasonable that LE would say it seemed to be what she'd take to school. Not sure what the specific folding thing meant, was it to communicate it wasn't the clothes she likely had on?

I've pretty much ruled out gang activity because if a gang abducted and killed her, they wouldn't bother hiding her. They'd leave her body somewhere obvious as a message.

I don't think she was trafficked, either. While there are a few cases of young people (both boys and girls) who are kidnapped to be trafficked, traffickers mostly stick to runaways, throwaway kids and imported kids. Their entire business model depends on flying under the radar while the kids they traffic have extensive contact with the public. With all the publicity Sierra has gotten, she's too big a risk and cannot be used to generate income.

Did anyone hear the interview with Candice DeLong on CNN today? I have been looking for quotes or links and can't find them, but wanted to talk about something she said. She is a former FBI profiler.

Did anyone hear the interview with Candice DeLong on CNN today? I have been looking for quotes or links and can't find them, but wanted to talk about something she said. She is a former FBI profiler.

I missed it what did she say? We trust ya

Thank you Gidget, I assumed I was listening to CNN on XM, but apparently I was listening to local radio ;) I was in the car.

The part that really disturbed me was when she said she may have folded her clothing to buy herself some time. That was just terrible to think about.

Something I just thought of that may link into this. When I look at a teens tumblr , facebook, whatever... (and I see a TON of them) I always look for what stands out. What makes it different from another girls the same age. MOST of them have sexual pictures, make up, brand names, edgy photos of drugs/alcohol, quotes and comments, self doubt , and sadly even cutting pictures are common. But what stands out to me on Sierra's page .....

#1 A continued reference to "coca-cola" the brand (not sure if this was being used as a reference to the drug?)
#2 Huskies and Lions (Huskies may be the mascot at one of her schools from what I saw in sleuthing so that makes sense)
#3 Recurring references to OTHERS suicides (did Sierra lose someone to suicide in her life?)
#4 Military references. There are several 9/11 photos. Several soldiers helping others. A few photos of children and soldiers. Humanitarian photos. A photo of a mans chest with dog tags. Who in Sierra's life was military or even was about to become military ?

Military people? That would be as rare as a finding snow around here. I have never seen one in ten years and have never met anyone who has known anyone who is serving. :banghead: I can't vouch for Morgan Hill in Santa Clara County, but I sure can vouch for San Mateo County, to the North. They are a rare breed out in these parts. I tried to use my military benefits when I arrived here, FGS and they had no idea what to do and have never had anyone with this type of insurance...LOL

Has it been confirmed that the clothing found was worn that day? I thought it was freshly laundered and an extra set...

The typical profile is a white man in his thirties...did she say that or does she have a better idea?

Has it been confirmed that the clothing found was worn that day? I thought it was freshly laundered and an extra set...

I don't think we really know the answer to that one.LE is keeping that one to themselves,IMO

Sierra has been gone too long and I am starting to get a bad feeling.No word from a girl that has probably never been on her own.Abduction is what I believe happened.I see this case changing soon.

Having worked with the criminally insane, I have to agree with Candace. PLEASE teach everyone you know NOT to every leave the spot you are when approached. I always taught children who came to my house with my kids too. Not one child I ever met was ever taught NOT to go with the perp even if had a gun, knife, w/e.. I am convinced they would have gone with the perp if they were unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

I think many parents don't know or care to know about the evil in the world around them. They want everything and everyone to be nice, nice. They live in that world and wear blinders.

I am a broken record on this. Most of the time, the perp will run if he gets too much resistance.

Having worked with the criminally insane, I have to agree with Candace. PLEASE teach everyone you know NOT to every leave the spot you are when approached. I always taught children who came to my house with my kids too. Not one child I ever met was ever taught NOT to go with the perp even if had a gun, knife, w/e.. I am convinced they would have gone with the perp if they were unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

I think many parents don't know or care to know about the evil in the world around them. They want everything and everyone to be nice, nice. They live in that world and wear blinders.

Yes I see it all the time.The parents live with blinders on,nothing will ever happen to their wonderful children.

Sierra has been gone too long and I am starting to get a bad feeling.No word from a girl that has probably never been on her own.Abduction is what I believe happened.

I agree.

I have a horrid feeling that if she is found, it will be by a farmer, hiker, hunter or dog walker.

I think she will be found at least 10 miles from her home and more likely 25 miles.

My reasoning is that if this was a stranger perp, he was probably hunting an area he was comfortable in and knew fairly well. He'd want to take her away from her home but not out of his own familiarity zone.

And every minute he was on public roads with her alive was a high risk time for him. Too much chance of her doing something to get attention, even if it was just putting a hand up from the footwell and waving. So I can't see him wanting to drive for hours on end with her alive in the vehicle.

He was clearly relying on hiding in plain sight because he was not hunting a more secluded area like hiking trails. To do so successfully means he was careful not to appear any different than any one of tens of thousands of vehicles on the roads that day.

I am certain that many people saw his vehicle while Sierra was in it but they did not know what they were seeing and so do not remember.

I wonder , sarx, would the person responsible for the disappearance of a person, be inclined to be involved in the actual search? Somewhat sick, but MOO, inserting oneself into the investigation as an observer would seem like something this person might get a "rush" from, like seeing the chaos they are causing?

If this does happen, do you think LE is on the lookout for the perp among the volunteers--like someone asking too many questions and seemingly more interested/obsessed with the outcome?

Yep. It depends on their intelligence. Edmund Kemper III spent much time drinking w/cops in the local bar in Santa Cruz and talking about the murders with them. He is one of the worst serial killers in history. He loves toying with people...still does to a certain extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong