Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, can we think through an "alive" theory, just to see where it stands up or falls down?

What is the upside of sitting in jail for DG? Is there a payday in there somewhere? It sounds like a pretty unequal partnership.

Where is NO in the "alive" theory? This theory, like any alternate theories I've tried to imagine, falls down because there is no plausible way to account for how anyone remotely related to him, or the Ls, could ever go through with a disappearance/fake death that explains what happened to NO and why.

IMO

Sitting in jail and being called a child killer. Did he even consider the effects on his parents and sister? [modsnip]

Sitting in jail and being called a child killer. Did he even consider the effects on his parents and sister? [modsnip]
I have a feeling that DG is a narcissist and has absolutely no concern for anyone besides himself. He used a dead teen's identity with no regard for the victim's family, manufactured methamphetamines on his parent's property knowing that they could be held legally responsible, and then skipped bail leaving someone financially accountable.

No, I personally don't think DG gives a rat's behind about anyone BUT DG.

LE are questioned rigorously on the stand regarding the investigation. They are taken step by step through their process and every detail is scrutinized by Defense Council. This would include any subsequent investigation and discovery.

... but we do know they are still investigating after laying the initial charges, and those details are for the most part unknowns outside of the Mexico bit.

Now you're sleuthin!

I personally don't subscribe to this theory but including the child, makes it so unpalatable that we dismiss it as not being likely. That would be the beauty of such an ugly plan .If they'd disappeared alone, there would be speculation that they'd run off.

And if the same thing happened, without the child, what would LE's theory have been then? What clues would they have found then? Would the same clues have been followed up, and the same ones been discarded as unimportant? Would certain clues have been followed up in greater depth, and other clues in lesser depth? Interesting thought.

I personally don't subscribe to this theory but including the child, makes it so unpalatable that we dismiss it as not being likely. That would be the beauty of such an ugly plan .If they'd disappeared alone, there would be speculation that they'd run off.

That is definitely a troubling aspect of that 'alive' theory. But unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which camp you are in), due to WS TOS, we aren't at liberty to discuss the ideas of how that could possibly work.

OK, can we think through an "alive" theory, just to see where it stands up or falls down?

What is the upside of sitting in jail for DG? Is there a payday in there somewhere? It sounds like a pretty unequal partnership.

Where is NO in the "alive" theory? This theory, like any alternate theories I've tried to imagine, falls down because there is no plausible way to account for how anyone remotely related to him, or the Ls, could ever go through with a disappearance/fake death that explains what happened to NO and why.

IMO

... but we do know they are still investigating after laying the initial charges, and those details are for the most part unknowns outside of the Mexico bit.
As far as I know, the process is that once the case is sent to the Crown, discovery is logged and presented as a totality. It is a very rare event, that the investigation continues outside solidifying the initial presentation.

Of course as the trial progresses, questions will arise that will prompt the Crown to go back to the investigators for clarification and/or further query.

Think of it as a 'package' - Detectives will present the package of evidence, notes and, testimony to the Crown for prosecution. Once the Crown decides to lay charges, they will first ensure that the 'package' they have from LE's investigation is as complete as possible.

Also, there are so many sleuthers on here, and we each hear out one another's individual potential theories. The 'alive' theory doesn't always go hand in hand with DG being involved.

IMO

I wasn't speculating. The sentence you partially bolded began "for example", and I went on to give examples of both an alternate theory ("pseudo-cide") as well as possible evidence (example: blood on clothes, or example: evidence of huge blood volume loss)

Of course we have no idea about the evidence. But not knowing the evidence is not the same as saying there is no evidence. The reason LE hasn't shared the evidence publicly has been explained here again and again. Our not knowing what it is doesn't cause me to doubt that LE does, in fact have evidence, not at all.

I think you missed the point I was making altogether, which was in response to the query about why have a court proceeding. My point - it is not primarily to air alternative theories. The defence could bring them up if it seems like a sound strategy. An alternate theory (such as faked death) would be of no use if it fails to trump solid evidence, if it exists.

IMO

My appologies, I was rushed today and should have referred to the BBM as your example and not speculation. Personally, I do not think LE has sufficient blood evidence that they were able to base the confirmation of death on. I know the whole rigmarole of not releasing details but in many past cases, deaths are stated and confirmed and if DNA results point to this it is a very simple statement that would not have jeopardized anything. If LE did not have the results back at the time of the press conference than obviously that was not applied to their conclusion. I also go back to paper trails and inactivity of bank accounts as grounds for confirming a person dead. I may be textbook cognitive dissonance but until I see a clearer picture I doubt the evidence is there. If LE would have simply said they have confirmed DNA evidence that all 3 victims have died I would believe that evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks