Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #4

Michael Scot Louis seemed like such a sweet all around nice guy...my heart is breaking over here.

very interesting .... Michael Scot Louis was, more than likely, kept alive for several days before he was killed also....

Does anyone know(fact) that both of hilton's vehicle's were working?

We don't have a base anymore if they can connect him to this one. Which means there are going to be so many murders that could be his that we can't narrow down without a look at the DNA in those cases.

It would mean: His MO changes, the way he leaves them changes, he drove the vehicle back is different, and other things. We NEED to know if his DNA is here. It means that we have NO base at ALL! We can't take basics from killings like they have with Meredith and the recent murders that happened along the trails or near the woods, with the ATM cards being a common factor, and the other connections then find out this guy breaks all those molds including being found in trash bags in water. I am just floored that they even related this one to GMH.

i'm a little surprised too, but i guess the fact that he was decapitated/dismembered, along with him probably being alive for several days before his death, plays into this.....maybe there's some other details about Michael's death that LE has kept close to their vests, that is similar also......interesting

Go back and read his scenario.

1. Male
2. Water
3. trash bags
4. Car back
5. No money involved.

Where does this coincide with Hilton and other cases?!

I hope there really is no connection like DNA..because it means that Gary Michael Hilton is a more prolific killer than we ever imagined. I said I thought it could go into the double digits...this could go beyond. It would not give him a scenario that could pull him into other cases by what is known from other killings. It would broaden the spectrum to so many that we have no clue on the end result.

How could they not even look at the many cases we have found? We kept them into his category!

This yet another video of the LE dashboard cam. However I think it is better quality and much clearer. Infact you can see a glare off of the huge glasses Hilton is wearing, whereas before you didn't notice the glasses as much. Also once you see him in those glasses he looks remarkably like the ATM photo in Dunlops case. I think he had the glasses on then and people referred to them as googles..they aren't they are huge glasses that seem to look like googles. Take a look..what do you think? Even the structure of his face is more apparent in these photos and even with the masked tape mask..the structure looks the same.
Also in this tape he does mention his dog..but I couldn't quite mak out what he said.
http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/VIDEO/80109054

Wow, LE must have some great evidence. My questions is who's evidence? Was he throwing away his trophies? From the below link:

A man who spotted accused killer Gary Michael Hilton at a DeKalb County gas station last week watched as Hilton threw away several backpacks, a sleeping bag and a purse into a trash bin, according to 911 calls obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/01/11/911calls0112.html

Backpacks would be from hikers right? John, Irene, Emerson
Purse is Cheryls?

Bumping up this post. Is anyone as disturbed by this as I am? :eek:

If its true about what this guy watched Hilton throw out then it really doesnt surprise me. All through this investigation LE has kinda reiterated that they have found tons of evidence and that it will take time to sort it all out.

If Hilton was really living on the trails as everyone suspects then it only seems silly of him to throw away things that he would need....irregardless of how he got them. Besides money being a factor in his crimes, maybe he was also robbing for gear to use.
I have not researched the John and Irene Bryant case any, but was it ever said if they found any of their belongings or hiking gear?

Totally chilling to hear that call and visualize what was going on. I am so glad that man didn't try to take Hilton down and waited for police.

This yet another video of the LE dashboard cam. However I think it is better quality and much clearer. Infact you can see a glare off of the huge glasses Hilton is wearing, whereas before you didn't notice the glasses as much. Also once you see him in those glasses he looks remarkably like the ATM photo in Dunlops case. I think he had the glasses on then and people referred to them as googles..they aren't they are huge glasses that seem to look like googles. Take a look..what do you think? Even the structure of his face is more apparent in these photos and even with the masked tape mask..the structure looks the same.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080109/VIDEO/80109054

Looks to me like big glasses on him in that video. Like he is wearing them down on this nose.

Its hard to tell how many people this man has hurt, and how much stuff he has thrown in the dumpster. All of this just makes me sick to my stomach.
I know someone was joking when they said something about marks on his belt but It would not surprise me if the jerk doesnt have marks on his belt....:furious:

I am very concerned and appalled by this. 3 sleeping bags, and 3 backpacks and the purse....which leads me to believe that was just some of what he was getting rid of..that he was possibly keeping a sleeping bag or 2, same with the backpacks for future trail excursions. Plus combine in what he may have previously dumped after each kill..it becomes mind boggling. He would not have thrown out everything he owned or every bit of evidence...he obviously didn't even know he was wanted at the time. He was just getting his van more inorder for returning to work.

Remember the posts about a guy who lived not far from an abandoned mountain cabin located not too far from where Meredith was found? I wonder how much stuff he may have left there too, for the next time? That is, if he is the person who was at that cabin.

I bet some of that evidence matches the Bryants belongings as well as Dunlops..oh how wicked this man was.......Just MHO.

Totally chilling to hear that call and visualize what was going on. I am so glad that man didn't try to take Hilton down and waited for police.

I am so glad that man made that call and was willing to stay there until police got there. You can hear a woman's voice in the background helping him with the description and trying to ID the tag on the van....I'm glad that 911 dispatcher stayed on the phone with him and instructed him in what to do and not do. Both are to be applauded.

I originally got the link to the below article from:
http://www.haloscan.com/comments/truecrimeweblog/8599761278446789725/?a=35856

(snip)
While some media have tried to apply the "serial killer" label to describe Hilton, investigators have not gone that far. They say he hasn't exhibited all the specific qualities of a serial killer.
But retired FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt said it's possible Hilton is a serial killer.
"There is a strong chance this guy ... is responsible for multiple homicide," Van Zandt said. "He's 61 years old. He didn't just fall off the turnip truck. This guy may be strange and bizarre but that's [decapitation] pretty far out. Is there a chance he is a serial killer? I think there is a strong possibility he is. The question is how long has he been doing this and how many homicides is he responsible for?
"This guy is way out there on the 'Silence of the Lambs' scale," Van Zandt said, comparing Hilton to a central character in a movie about a killer who ate his victims.
http://www.ajc.com/2008/content/2008/01/12/missing_0112.html?cxntlid=inform

he obviously didn't even know he was wanted at the time. He was just getting his van more inorder for returning to work.

He may have actually been made aware that LE was looking for him when he called his ex girlfriend. Although it doesnt exactly state that she told him he was being looked for in the below link, I remember hearing that she was the one that told him somewhere else. (cant remember where-I have been all over the place reading the past few days) So he may have been trying to get rid of whatever evidence he might think could lead him to other victims.

Originally Posted by [B said:
gardenmom[/b]
Here is an article that says who he called from the payphone:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met..._tab_newsta b

'Hilton's phone callto an old girlfriend from a pay phone at the QuikTrip outside of Cumming on the Friday investigators found bloody garments determined to be Emerson's.

"My understanding from the GBI is that he was asking her for money, and she told him 'No way,' " Paxton said. "He was wanted by every law enforcement agency in the state."

I can't remember being as disturbed as I have been over the past two weeks, Suzi. This whole thing is disturbing.

However, I think if Hilton had disposed of purses or bags that may have belonged to the Bryants, the authorities would have linked him more conclusively to that incident, just like they did to Dunlap. In fact, perhaps he did dispose of Dunlap's bags at the Chevron, explaining why LE tied him so quickly to that case. I mean, there was hardly any wavering on the part of LE that Hilton was involved with Dunlap's murder. It was like they said it was him right away.

IMO, i think Hilton was aware that people were looking for him and that's why he called his ex girlfriend from the payphone also, asking for money. He was probably going to skip town. The "sting" tabor had set up with police leaving $800 for Hilton on the deck; Hilton probably suspected something so didn't take the bait, and LE caught him elsewhere.
LE are taking there time with this case, Hilton's not going anywhere and i'm sure they have a lot of evidence in different states connecting him already. It's a process of gathering evidence so it will stand up in court and hold better.

They reported he was wearing goggles (like safety goggles).

SS, several posts above I posted a link to the video with the LE when he was on the private hunting reserve. If you watch that you will see he is wearing very big glasses that could be the same as in the ATM video after the Dunlop killing. The video I posted is much clearer then those previously released and you can definitely catch the glare off of those huge glasses he is wearing. They look very similiar to what was on his face at the atm video.

http://tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll...VIDEO/80109054

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back