Zahau Death Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freespeech

Inactive
Reaction score
'Why didn’t we collect and process the panties in the trash?'

'....The investigation revealed this item was likely related to a girl’s slumber party at the mansion in the days leading up to Rebecca’s death.'

'Likely', does not confer the use of "science" or "following the evidence" since this piece of evidence was not analyzed after being found in the vicinity of a naked dead woman.

The SDSO did not even bother to elaborate in a logical investigatory fashion on how they "felt it likely" that the underwear did not belong to Zahau. Instead they "guessed" or took hearsay as evidence.

Wouldn't testing the DNA on the underwear been the way to positively rule out whether they belonged to Rebecca? Wouldn't that have been the appropriate "science" to be used with regards to performing a professional and competent investigation?

http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/faq.html

'Why didn’t we process the blood in the shower?'

'The condition of the master bedroom lead investigators to believe Rebecca may have been in the shower during the time leading up to her death. The blood drop was very small, and there was evidence Rebecca was experiencing menstrual bleeding, or “spotting,” at the time. Similar blood drops were found outside the door leading to the guest room where the incident occurred. Those samples were tested, and they were found to be from Rebecca. Since the master bedroom is in another part of the mansion, and there was no evidence at the scene of the event suggesting anyone else was bleeding other than Rebecca, this item was not tested.'

Thanks, Sherlock. Well, I guess we will never know if Rebecca was ever in the shower or not and if that is why she was naked BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO TEST THE BLOOD FOUND IN THE SHOWER.

Why did you fail to test the blood drops? ....Because they were SIMILAR to other blood drops that were tested by the bedroom door. Aren't all blood drops SIMILAR to the naked eye? Aren't they all round and red? How is that all blood looks alike adequate proof whether it was the same blood or not?

Why else? Because the blood was in a different part of the mansion. How is that a significant reason for not analyzing the blood?

Maybe the reason why there was no proof that Rebecca was the only one at the scene was because SDSO did not test the blood in the shower. They can not say whether the blood belonged to Rebecca or another person. If a professional investigation had been done they would have tested the blood scientifically. Then Gore could say with validity that, 'Science doesn't lie' and 'We followed were the investigation lead us.'

As it is they failed to do a scientific investigation by failing to test evidence that could potentially rule out whether Rebecca was where they "guessed" she was or even whether she was murdered or not.

'Who was walking around her house that night before she was killed?'

'The person walking around the mansion the evening before the incident was identified, and her actions matched those described by a witness who saw her. Simply stated, she was a family member looking to see if anyone was home at the mansion.'

The person seen was identified by the witness mentioned here as Dina Shackni. He identified Dina by physical description and in a picture. However that blows her claim that she was at the hospital that night. Therefore, Dina did not have an alibi other than a cell phone ping. Also, Dina should have been considered a POI since a police officer documented that Rebecca stated, 'Dina's going to kill me.' after Max's accident.

Also, in light of Dina's current campaign to accuse Rebecca of murdering Max you have to wonder why she was never considered a POI.

'Who was walking around her house that night before she was killed?'

'The person walking around the mansion the evening before the incident was identified, and her actions matched those described by a witness who saw her. Simply stated, she was a family member looking to see if anyone was home at the mansion.'

The person seen was identified by the witness mentioned here as Dina Shackni. He identified Dina by physical description and in a picture. However that blows her claim that she was at the hospital that night. Therefore, Dina did not have an alibi other than a cell phone ping. Also, Dina should have been considered a POI since a police officer documented that Rebecca stated, 'Dina's going to kill me.' after Max's accident.

Also, in light of Dina's current campaign to accuse Rebecca of murdering Max you have to wonder why she was never considered a POI.

I know the person that saw Dina that night, and I must say that I would believe that individual over Gore any day. Gore just wanted this all to go away, so why bother having any POIs?

'Why can’t you do handwriting comparisons with her suicide note?'

'The lettering used in the note left on the door was “block style” and was done with paint and a paint brush. Unless we were able to find other written notes or documents done by Rebecca or another identified person, using the same medium and style, no comparison can be done. With this type of lettering, comparison would not likely be conclusive in any event. We found the same paint on Rebecca’s body, the paint brush, in the paint tube, and on the door. The samples were matched using scientific analysis.

OK, thanks Sherlock. You matched the black paint found on the door with the black paint found on Rebecca's body. Kudos for the brilliant analysis. But here are a few questions anyway:

How did you rule out whether the handwriting matched that of Jonah, Dina, Nina or Adam?

Did you look for written notes or documents done by Rebecca?

Jonah, Dina, Nina and Adam are alive, no? Did ask them to provide samples using the same medium and style for comparison?

Did you consider that the murderer may have transferred the paint to Rebecca's body?

Did you try to contact a more advanced graphologist who had the ability to analyse the writing?

'Who logged onto her computer in the middle of the night?'

There was activity on Rebecca’s computer the day before the incident. The forensic examination of the hard drive showed the file access at about 3:00 am the morning of the event was likely a “cookie” left behind by an automated update for a tool bar.'

Thanks Sherlock for the comprehensive answer to a tough question. However, a few questions still linger.

1) The first sentence refers to activity the day before the incident. Presumably you are referring to 7/12/11.

a) What time did the activity take place?
b) Did you investigate who accessed the computer at that time?
c) Was it at a time when Rebecca was available to access it?
d) If so, did you coordinate that with times she was out for dinner or on errands?
e) Who else had access to her computer?
f) Do they have alibis for when the computer was accessed?

2) The second sentence refers to forensic examination done for the access at 3:00 AM the morning of the event. Since Rebecca was believed to have died between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM on the morning of 7/13/11, then I presume a second computer access incident was referenced.

a) Did testing show that Rebecca's computer was accessed by a cookie?
b) Does the term 'likey' imply an alternate scenario was possible?
c) If so, was the computer tested for fingerprints and DNA?
d) If not, why?

'Who logged onto her computer in the middle of the night?'

There was activity on Rebecca’s computer the day before the incident. The forensic examination of the hard drive showed the file access at about 3:00 am the morning of the event was likely a “cookie” left behind by an automated update for a tool bar.'

Thanks Sherlock for the comprehensive answer to a tough question. However, a few questions still linger.

1) The first sentence refers to activity the day before the incident. Presumably you are referring to 7/12/11.

a) What time did the activity take place?
b) Did you investigate who accessed the computer at that time?
c) Was it at a time when Rebecca was available to access it?
d) If so, did you coordinate that with times she was out for dinner or on errands?
e) Who else had access to her computer?
f) Do they have alibis for when the computer was accessed?

2) The second sentence refers to forensic examination done for the access at 3:00 AM the morning of the event. Since Rebecca was believed to have died between 1:00 AM and 3:00 AM on the morning of 7/13/11, then I presume a second computer access incident was referenced.

a) Did testing show that Rebecca's computer was accessed by a cookie?
b) Does the term 'likey' imply an alternate scenario was possible?
c) If so, was the computer tested for fingerprints and DNA?
d) If not, why?

My guess would be that it was either Adam <modsnip>. Again, this was all part of their plan to divert attention away from what really went down.......IMO.

That doesn't seem right to me. It's prob the 1st time I've thought you were off base, IP. No offense, tho

I know the person that saw Dina that night, and I must say that I would believe that individual over Gore any day. Gore just wanted this all to go away, so why bother having any POIs?

Is this the same male witness who was biking at night with his family and stood at the streetlamp directly illuminating the Spreckels mansion?

That doesn't seem right to me. It's prob the 1st time I've thought you were off base, IP. No offense, tho

It's OK to disagree with me, but think about it....at 3am, Rebecca was already dead.......who else would have been there? And that brings up another point, did SDSO ever check for finger prints on that computer? My guess is that they did not.

My guess would be that it was either Adam or <modsnip>. Again, this was all part of their plan to divert attention away from what really went down.......IMO.

Adam had access to the mansion. The police report showed that he accessed the mansion on the morning of 7/13/11. Since Rebecca was clearly dead at that time who was in the mansion to let him in. If no one was in there then he must have had a key or the doors were left unlocked.

If Adam had a key then he could have let Dina/Nina in when the screams were heard. He could have also accessed the computer. If the door were left unlocked then anyone could have accessed the computer<modsnip>.

Adam had access to the mansion and was on the property the night Rebecca died. He could have accessed the mansion at anytime and given access to anyone else at any time as well.

Adam had access to the mansion. The police report showed that he accessed the mansion on the morning of 7/13/11. Since Rebecca was clearly dead at that time who was in the mansion to let him in. If no one was in there then he must have had a key or the doors were left unlocked.

If Adam had a key then he could have let Dina/Nina in when the screams were heard. He could have also accessed the computer. If the door were left unlocked then anyone could have accessed the computer<modsnip>.

If the day the computer was accessed for kiddie Asian *advertiser censored* is 7/12/11 at 3am or 3pm, that suggests that someone was out to frame Rebecca the day before her death. That would mean Rebecca's murder was premeditated and not due to a heat of the moment rage.

Adam did not arrive in Coronado until 4 or 5pm on 7/12/11, correct?

Can someone physically far from the Spreckels gain access to Spreckels computer?

If the day the computer was accessed for kiddie Asian *advertiser censored* is 7/12/11 at 3am or 3pm, that suggests that someone was out to frame Rebecca the day before her death. That would mean Rebecca's murder was premeditated and not due to a heat of the moment rage.

Can someone physically far from the Spreckels gain access to Spreckels computer?

Adam arrived at San Diego International Airport around 4:15 pm on 7/12/11 on a Continental flight from Houston.....I have the flight info if you need it/would like it.

BBM

CBS8 aired this.

'On November 18, Anne Bremner stated on her Facebook page "Someone accessed Rebecca Zahau's computer from SW Airlines before she died. Someone also accessed her computer after she died."

On November 19, local news channel CBS8 stated in a phone interview with Bremner she confirmed there were a dozen searches using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" accessed on a computer in the mansion the day before Zahau's death. Bremner told CBS8 "It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime called bond anime and it shows an Asian woman bound."

Bremner also said it was not Zahau who looked at the content but that it may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.

http://news.yahoo.com/rebecca-zahau-case-information-san-diego-police-172600607.html

Adam arrived at San Diego International Airport around 4:15 pm on 7/12/11 on a Continental flight from Houston.....I have the flight info if you need it/would like it.

I presume that this does not exclude him from also having a SW airlines account.

BBM

CBS8 aired this.

'On November 18, Anne Bremner stated on her Facebook page "Someone accessed Rebecca Zahau's computer from SW Airlines before she died. Someone also accessed her computer after she died."

On November 19, local news channel CBS8 stated in a phone interview with Bremner she confirmed there were a dozen searches using terms like "raped, sexy Asian girls, and bondage anime" accessed on a computer in the mansion the day before Zahau's death. Bremner told CBS8 "It's important to the investigation because there is an image from anime called bond anime and it shows an Asian woman bound."

Bremner also said it was not Zahau who looked at the content but that it may have been accessed by someone using an airline account.

http://news.yahoo.com/rebecca-zahau-case-information-san-diego-police-172600607.html

I believe that what Bremner was trying to say was that someone used a SouthWest Airlines branded credit card to access the site on the computer........as far as I know, the airlines do not include remote access of computers as part of their services while on board flights.

Who knows about these people, and what they think or how they function? I have been told by very reliable sources that Nina was on Jonah's side during the divorce from Dina......what does that say about her? I honestly think that the 4 of them (directly/indirectly) had this sense that were justified, and never really looked at the "big picture" of their actions.......IMO of course.

I can really believe this. Nina spoke quite highly of Jonah during her audio interview. I thought that was very odd given the contentiousness of Dina and Jonah's relationship. But like you say who knows.

I presume that this does not exclude him from also having a SW airlines account.
Absolutely not.....if I had been running this investigation, I would have looked at this, as well as many other details which SDSO didn't find important, starting with the toll bridge cameras, the camera/key card reader at the Glorietta Bay Marina............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth