Astrology - MUNDANE (World Affairs & Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will post the charts for both "oaths of office"! Which one should we use?

Here is the first one. I decided, to make it easier for all of us, to only show the hard aspects. The reason for this is that the hard aspects are the "event" aspects.

ObamaInauguration.jpg

Here is the second oath of office...

I also only show the "event" aspects.

ObamaOath2.jpg

I am doing research on this "double oath" for the next few days. It will be interesting to see what other astrologers have to say about this turn of events, and which chart they think valid.

There is one little problem with the second oath. Apparently Obama didn't have a Bible handy, and so didn't use one. Does this mean there is a problem with the second oath? I do not know enough about the Constitutional requirements to have an opinion.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_oath_do_over

1) First Amendment establishment clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

2) No explicit religious qualification listed in Article II, Section 1 under Presidential qualifications for office:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

3) Article VI prohibits a religious test for office:

"but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

4) Article II, Section 1 under the section describing this subject allows EITHER an oath OR an AFFIRMATION:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

No mention of a Bible is made here - there is no such requirement and in fact such a requirement would contradict Article VI and the First Amendment and an affirmation is just as valid as an oath.

Finally there is no requirement that swearing must be done upon a Bible. One may swear without one. :)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html

1) First Amendment establishment clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

2) No explicit religious qualification listed in Article II, Section 1 under Presidential qualifications for office:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

3) Article VI prohibits a religious test for office:

"but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

4) Article II, Section 1 under the section describing this subject allows EITHER an oath OR an AFFIRMATION:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

No mention of a Bible is made here - there is no such requirement and in fact such a requirement would contradict Article VI and the First Amendment and an affirmation is just as valid as an oath.

Finally there is no requirement that swearing must be done upon a Bible. One may swear without one. :)

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.overview.html

This is correct. I don't understand why people want to swear on the Bible anyway, since the Bible says not to swear at all in Matthew 5:33-37. An affirmation should be enough. The Bible says anything beyond than a "yes (I will do that)" or "no (I won't do that)" is from the evil one. So, swearing on the Bible does not make any sense.

This second oath was only because the judge bungled the first one and they were afraid that someone would question the presidency because of it. I don't even think they really needed to do it a second time. That is my opinion anyway.

While watching the swearing in yesterday, it was stated that even though they were running behind and the official swearing in didn't take place until after noon, that Obama was officially president as of noon, regardless.

Oh and one other point of interest -- this is not the first time the official oath has been messed up...it happened two other times. I think one was Hoover, but I can't remember the names.

Here's a comment left at Astrologer Lynn Hayes's Astrological Musings column (which is excellent as usual):

Chiron
January 22, 2009 2:35 PM
His presidency began by law at 12:01 per the 20th amendment. Article II of the constitution then would apply as it states "Before he enters on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation;" . This is a sequitor, not a determinitive. Execution and affirmation are keywords. Since the passage of the 20th amendment all successive presidencies began at 12:01 and correct charts should reflect that overlooked piece of law. We need to stop stretching both the law and the astrology to give Mr. Obama a pyschic break. It is what it is, and the VOC applies in full.

See Lynn's article here: http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2009/01/chief-justice-roberts-gets-a-m.html

Thanks,
Soulscape

What a coincidence, Soulscape! I just finished reading that comment, and decided that we should use 12:01 as the time, but keep an eye on the other charts for research purposes.

You are ALL amazing!!!! To think I am 65 and STILL getting educated.

What a coincidence, Soulscape! I just finished reading that comment, and decided that we should use 12:01 as the time, but keep an eye on the other charts for research purposes.

I totally agree, Housemouse!

I notice you posted the 12:06 pm chart (I had also noted he began speaking the oath at 12:06 pm) --- perhaps you can post the 12:01 pm chart and then we will have all three for research purposes.

Thanks,
Soulscape

Am right on it, Soulscape! We can watch the transits to this chart, and see how well it works.

ObamaInauguration-1.jpg

There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
12th January -7.6
15th January -1130 -7.4
23 rd January 2009 -6.1
25/ 26hth January 2009 -6.9

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.

Biggest one today, so far, is a 5.8 in the Kermadec Islands, New Zealand. But, the day isn't over yet. I will keep listening to my earthquake "widget".

There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
12th January -7.6
15th January -1130 -7.4
23 rd January 2009 -6.1
25/ 26hth January 2009 -6.9

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090124/Alaska.Earthquake/
Today about 9 a.m. in Alaska a 6.1 earthquake. Looks like just one day off from the Jan 23rd prediction, interesting.

And, I think this is an astrologer from somewhere else in the world, and the times he listed were in his own time zone?

Should try to find the link in my folder of astrology websites...

Did you all notice that the last January link is during the eclipse? And, I hope this is a coincidence, not an omen! Just found this link in LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-fault-quakes24-2009jan24,0,7734479.story

I read an interesting article in the paper and thought I would pass it on about Arkansas Earthquake Center, the director, Haydar Al-Shurki said that a previous unknown fault that lies dormant and could trigger a magnitude 7 earthquake and put major gas pipelines at risk in Eastern Arkansas. More information for elsewhere can be found on folkworm.care.memphis. After reading some of these reports they are everywhere it seems some potentially worse than others but very interesting, I had no idea we were just a simmering pot waiting to boil somewhere in so many places. Thank you Housemouse for your USA and the factors that are players in our future threads.

I was just listening to a report on the news about Iceland and the rioting there over their financial mess, and I read somewhere this morning that there are rumors of a strike in the oil patch.

So, I started thinking about anarchy, riots, and the Saturn/Uranus opposition. Uranus would rule anarchy, and Saturn the establishment.

Saturn and Uranus are going to be in exact opposition again this month, and then three more times in the future, before getting our of each other's way.

The next exact opposition is on Feb 5th. But, the aspect is in orb right now, and building. It will back off, and then become exact again next September 15th, then another exact dance on April 26th 2010. Then the last encounter on July 26th, 2010, when it will form a grand cross with Saturn, Pluto, and the inner planets.

That last one should be a real doozy!

I expect we will hear a lot more about riots, strikes, and anarchy around the world related to this aspect pattern. We will have to keep an eye on how this affects different countries.

Thanks HM I will be watching too, let's hope BO lives up to his exalted status everyone is giving him, in the meantime I will continue my prayers during this 'readjustment' period.

Housemouse,

This morning I read of yet another murder-suicide where the unemployed (& apparently hopeless, drowning in debt) father offs the wife & kids & then kills himself. I wonder: did this phenomenon also occur during the Great Depression or other bad economic times, and what are you seeing in the current planetary positions that may be triggering this specific manifestation of destroying one's family?

Thanks,
Soulscape

I think it relates to the Saturn/Uranus opposition, Soulscape, but we would need to get the birthdates/times to be sure of that.

Got to go post on the USA chart. There is a credible threat against Obama by someone determined to kill him, and attack the Mall of America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23