Identified! Canada - Casselman, Ont, 'Nation River Lady' WhtFem 239UFON, 25-50, May'75 *POI charged* - Jewell Parchman Langford

Nearly 200 bodies, no names;
OPP try to identify remains - some dating back decades - turn to the public for help
She’s known only as the “Nation River Lady.” She was murdered 35 years ago, and nobody knows her name. At least, no one has come forward to identify her.

Her body still lies in a freezer in the Toronto morgue She is the oldest such unidentified person there among 120 unclaimed bodies.
The morgue has a separate storage area for unidentified remains, where the temperature is kept lower to assist in their preservation.

Bodies that are the subject of homicide cases remain in the city morgue until the police have completed their investigation. Bodies are kept in regular storage at 4C and longer-storage temperatures are kept at minus 20C.

This case may have gone really cold, but officials still hope to solve it
Loam maintains an internal database to compare missing persons and unidentified remains in addition to the website where tips on posted cases are received from the public.

“Some of these may be bodies and some may be just skeletal remains,” Loam said.

Through the website, police also hope to harness the power of so-called "web sleuths" who search for missing persons as an online hobby.

Loam says that since Project Resolve was launched, 10 bodies have been identified, along with 35 missing persons.

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisplayFullDocument&orgId=574&topicId=100020826&docId=l:1293088616&isRss=true

same info The Star: http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/article/883438--dead-people-with-no-names-in-ontario

I read that and thought of this:

http://doenetwork.us/cases/93ufct.html

•Discovered on August 16, 1975 in East Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut.
•Estimated date of death: August 11, 1975.

Vital Statistics
•Estimated age: 18 - 28 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5" - 5'6"; 125 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, parted in center. Brown/hazel eyes. She had pierced ears. She may have had a small mole under the chin. She possibly had comestic surgery to reduce the size of the nose.
•Dentals: Not Available. Probable orthodontic care.
•Clothing: No clothing located.
Case History
The woman’s strangled body was found by a truck driver on a rainy August 16, 1975, floating in a drainage ditch behind the former Bradlees department store on Frontage Road. She was wrapped in a canvas tarpaulin and she was gagged and bound by black antenna wire around her neck, waist and knees. Police believe she was killed somewhere else and dumped on Frontage Road. She died of asphyxiation by suffocation at least five days prior to discovery.
Dried white paint spots on the tarpaulin might indicate the murderer had connections with the painting trade.

Here's a map showing Casselman ONT, CA to East Haven CT

MAP

Could these be related?

This is an interesting find. Did you send it in to O.P.P , great catch hoping4truth.

Missing since March 12, 1973 from Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 13, 1935
Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 112 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; gray eyes. Slim build.
Clothing: Lawrence tartan pants and vest (Black and Red), black blazer, black long coat, black patent leather shoes. Carrying approximately $150.00 Canadian currency.
AKA: Maiden name is Blouin.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On March 12, 1973 Madelene Van Overdijk was reported missing by her husband. She was last seen at her residence, 60 The Strand in Brantford, Ontario.

Information reported to police suggested she was going to Toronto. It is unknown if in fact she made it to Toronto.

Links:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2856dfon.html

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAc...yEnd=YYYY-MM-DD&&StartAt=0&EndAt=10&CurCase=8

Attachments

• Madelene Marie Therese Van Overdijk .jpg
    Madelene Marie Therese Van Overdijk .jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 27
  • nation lake UID.jpg
    nation lake UID.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 22
Missing since March 12, 1973 from Brantford, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: April 13, 1935
Age at Time of Disappearance: 37 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 112 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; gray eyes. Slim build.
Clothing: Lawrence tartan pants and vest (Black and Red), black blazer, black long coat, black patent leather shoes. Carrying approximately $150.00 Canadian currency.
AKA: Maiden name is Blouin.

Circumstances of Disappearance
On March 12, 1973 Madelene Van Overdijk was reported missing by her husband. She was last seen at her residence, 60 The Strand in Brantford, Ontario.

Information reported to police suggested she was going to Toronto. It is unknown if in fact she made it to Toronto.

Links:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2856dfon.html

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAc...yEnd=YYYY-MM-DD&&StartAt=0&EndAt=10&CurCase=8

Looks reasonably close. Given the high-profile nature of this case, and the high monetary reward offered, I would think that they looked into all of their local listed MP's. But you never know. I'd call it in just to be sure.

Canada isn't very cooperative with rule-out lists, so the only way to know is to call it in.

W5 documentary about the Nation River Lady

(could she be Janice Kay Roberts?)

starting after the 07:00 mark --W5 Chasing Ghosts Part I

continues here -- W5 Chasing Ghosts Part II

==================================================

Regarding Nation River Lady investigation:
  • Embrun OPP, Russell County Detachment
  • (613) 443-4499
  • Detailed information available on the OPP's unsolved homicide website.
  • The above link contains case photographs, contact information and a section where anyone can leave a message or tip.
Read more: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/WFive/20101118/w5_missing_loved_ones_101120/#ixzz1fzVn98GL

There was a link in this thread earlier from Canada's unidentified, you can search this thread as I don't know how to link. Was wondering if picture on site is really a post moterm picture, because if it is I don't believe she could have been in the water the time frame they give. I can still remember one of our fingerprint technicians telling us a story about how she was called out to fingerprint someone that died in there home while talking a bath. She said they determined by what the neighbors told her that he had only been dead two weeks at most and that his body had turned the bathtub into tomato soup and no fingerprints could be obtained. Remember her saying the worst cases to fingerprint were those that had been in water or dry heat (like an apartment with heater on in winter, or without ac in the summer, guess those found in deserts as well would fall under dry heat) decompose at a much faster rate. Then blood still being on the bridge? Anyone know if rain would wash blood away on this type of surface?

Attaching a link to unidentified female found in McDonald County, MO on 2 December 1990.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131555&highlight=ontario

This UF had 6 different bindings on her, including coaxial cable, and her head was wrapped in a towel. Very similar to the Nation River lady. They both had expensive dental work that has never been traced.

Page 1, post #2 of this thread (Nation River lady) it is mentioned that another UF was found in East Haven, CT on 16 August 1975 with antenna wire wrapped around her neck, waist and knees. She also had good orthodontic care as well as cosmetic surgery in the past.

That's 3 women that cannot be identified where antenna/coaxial cable was used and all had good/expensive dental care that cannot be traced.

On the OPP missing/unidentified persons website there are 3 more cases of UF's with good dental care that cannot be traced.

http://www.missing-u.ca/UIs.aspx

Case no. 20050023OPP - UF found Napanee, Ont 30 December 1984 - extensive dental care

Case no. 20050028OPP - UF found Cobourg, Ont 9 November 2002 - previous dental work

Case no. 20050002OPP - UF found Rockwood, Ont 28 August 2005 - partial plate.

Imo, these women were around money prior to their murders but no one has reported them missing and LE cannot trace their dental work. Does not make sense to me, but there has to be a reason. Should LE be looking for a dentist/dental surgeon? Btw, all of these women were slim, 25 years+, dressed fashionably for the time frame (smart casual/sporty), some had painted nails and dyed hair. Disposable income is needed for these things.

Have sent this in to the OPP Resolve Unit.

Sylvie Ouimet

Missing since: April 1975
Height: 163 cm (5’4”)
Weight: 56 kg (124 lbs.)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Chestnut hair; blue eyes

Sylvie was living with her parents in Laval.
At the time of her disappearance, she was hospitalized at the Albert Prevost Institute of Montreal.

Nation River Lady:

Found: May 3rd, 1975
Height: 160cm (5'3" )
Weight: 45kg (100lbs)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length brown hair (recently dyed reddish-blond). Slight build; she had no prior pregnancies. Blood evidence found on the bridge suggested that the victim had been killed 1 to 4 weeks prior to discovery.

***Sylvie and the unidentified women are only an hour and a half apart. I would also like to point out that most of the items in question were manufactured and sold in Montreal, where Sylvie again went missing.

Attachments

• nationlady.png
    nationlady.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 72
  • map.....png
    map.....png
    754.4 KB · Views: 29
Email I received:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains. We will forward your e-mail to the investigating agencies.

Thank you,
NCMPUR Team

What do I do now? just wait or try and contact other resources?

Email I received:

Good day,

Thank you for contacting the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains. We will forward your e-mail to the investigating agencies.

Thank you,
NCMPUR Team

What do I do now? just wait or try and contact other resources?

Unfortunately, the authorities in Canada will never tell you if your lead doesn't pan out. They will only tell you if it does (and only if you qualify for a reward).

Wow, IMO that is a real good catch. Good sleuthing. The composite and the pic look very similar especially the way the nose and mouth look together on the face. Dimensions seem very close to me. I would be surprised if that is not a match. Just my opinion. Too bad you may not find out directly if you are right. Blame Canada!

Unfortunately, the authorities in Canada will never tell you if your lead doesn't pan out. They will only tell you if it does (and only if you qualify for a reward).

The officer in Montreal actually got me to call her and said she would update me. She thought it was it was very odd as she was just reviewing this case last week. So lets hope it's promising.

Hello,

The DNA had already been done with Sylvie's family a few years back. The result was a NO match.

We appreciate you consulting the web site.

thank-you

L**** ***** #***
Agent

514 280-****

Jessica - Can you email that person and ask about any dental records (or descriptions of dental work) on Sylvie? I was looking at her for another case.

I wonder how sure they are that she had no prior pregnancies.

I found a possible match, but she had one pregnancy in 1957 (18 years before this Jane Doe was found).

I wonder how sure they are that she had no prior pregnancies.

I found a possible match, but she had one pregnancy in 1957 (18 years before this Jane Doe was found).

There are markers on the pelvic bones that indicate whether a woman has had prior pregnancies.

Wow, looks like a match to me. There is about a year's discrepancy between the missing date and the estimated time of death though.

I'd like to think that the Canadian police would have already considered this match, but perhaps the missing date put them off. It doesn't really put me off though. Call it in!

she looked very similar to me too.. maybe doe had the wrong year, it has happened before. or maybe the water in the river was very cold and she was at the bottom for awhile. I always thought this UID was isolated then killed by an abusive husband or mate.

Wow, looks like a match to me. There is about a year's discrepancy between the missing date and the estimated time of death though.

I'd like to think that the Canadian police would have already considered this match, but perhaps the missing date put them off. It doesn't really put me off though. Call it in!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back