a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want jaun martinez to hv her testimony thrown out redacted and withdrawn. Avl is not licensed to practice anywhere. If anyone has a copy if her current lic in any state post it pls. She cannot legally b declared an expert witness. Jaun must impeach her monday morning. Her hatred of men was clear on
the stand. She is bias towards her lovely client ( barf)
She lies about not listening to the testimony. It was clear to me she had, this insults all who hv been victims of any violence. I hope JM ruins her on the stand.

Be careful KCL! Nurmi might bring a motion saying his precious can't get a fair trial if a "certain" Alexander family advocate is harassing his expert witness. LOL!

Oh boy, well I will tell you this. I've never, nor would ever approach her even though I could. Unlike her, who approached even though she shouldn't and yet did it anyway.

It just slays me she derails this trial (yet again) with a "need for a break" yet uses that moment to ambush a family member. It's just unreal!

By the way I've heard back from a pretty influential reporter who is investigating this....I just want it exposed in a way that counts. Not that we don't "count" but you know....;)

LOL, watched the video of ALv & Juan again and you can see Nurmi totally awake and enjoying it. He mostly sleeps through Wilmott's cross but wakes up for Juan. He's enjoying as much as we are.

Hi Nurmi!

I want jaun martinez to hv her testimony thrown out redacted and withdrawn. Avl is not licensed to practice anywhere. If anyone has a copy if her current lic in any state post it pls. She cannot legally b declared an expert witness. Jaun must impeach her monday morning. Her hatred of men was clear on
the stand. She is bias towards her lovely client ( barf)
She lies about not listening to the testimony. It was clear to me she had, this insults all who hv been victims of any violence. I hope JM ruins her on the stand.
Good points ! I was curious too that she said she was a psychotherapist. I'm pretty sure in calif, you can only call yourself that with license and phd or psy d. Unless she is working under someone with a license .

Thank you (again) Brooke.

I've been saying all throughout her testimony i had the feeling she'd been watching the trial. The details of things she had commited to memory based on a DV evalutaion she'd done that really only pertained to THIS trial and were pretty inconsequential to the eval were the tells for me.

Like how did she know the name of "Bianca", the woman JA stalked thinking she was involved with Matt? That had no pertinence to the "DV" between she and Travis but it had just come up in the trial.

I'm convinced she was distinctly following the trial all the way up to her testimony and yours is yet another and better example. Good catch.

of course she was watching, she knew her career might not come out of this alive...

paging dr. samuels....

I wonder how the legitimate victims of Domestic Violence who've actually been beaten up, hospitalized, ruined financially, terrorized etc feel about her testimony that Travis Alexander was the worst case of abuse she'd ever seen.

She's really gone off the deep end for this sociopath.

Why? Why? Why?

I'd love it if Juan would end his cross with one final ( admittedly objectionable) question:

Was all this worth it for you?

of course she was watching, she knew her career might not come out of this alive...

paging dr. samuels....

BBM

Are you thinking she might need some counseling after this is all over? :floorlaugh:

One more thing. . . :furious:

ALV said on the stand - under oath - that she had not watched or followed the trial.

But when asked by JW if she had any problems with her memory, her answer was not one of puzzlement or indignation, it was one of amusement.

IF ALV had indeed never heard Juan asking multiple witnesses that very question, she would have been at the very least, puzzled.

But she wasn't. She was amused. And JW, in saying, "Let's just get this out of the way" before asking her the memory question, shows the world that JW knew her 'expert witness' had followed the trial, even though ALV said she hadn't, and said she hadn't, UNDER OATH. :furious:

ALV wasn't thrown by the question, she appeared to anticipate it. ALV and JW shared some smiles and giggles after that one. They thought they'd gotten one over on Juan. (Think again!)

Just another example of how narcissists don't think rules pertain to them, including swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

In my opinion, that makes her a brazen LIAR!

She already outed herself accidentally when she said on the stand " according to her TESTIMONY...er ...um...her reporting, Ms. Arias said..."

So ALV already flubbed on the stand and showed us that she watched JA's testiphony.

IMO, I don't think the ALV incident where she illegally approached a murder victim's family member who is protected under the law can be twisted into harassment of ANY kind. Holding someone accountable for breaking the law can in no way be considered harassment.

I feel that it was a horrible example of psychological manipulation, teetering on being psychological abuse really. She had just spent a week assassinating Travis's character and then asks for an early recess when she sees a single family member all alone and vulnerable then makes a bee-line to her in the courtroom. WTH??

I truly hope that ALV suffers legal consequences for this!

Thank you (again) Brooke.

I've been saying all throughout her testimony i had the feeling she'd been watching the trial. The details of things she had commited to memory based on a DV evalutaion she'd done that really only pertained to THIS trial and were pretty inconsequential to the eval were the tells for me.

Like how did she know the name of "Bianca", the woman JA stalked thinking she was involved with Matt? That had no pertinence to the "DV" between she and Travis but it had just come up in the trial.

I'm convinced she was distinctly following the trial all the way up to her testimony and yours is yet another and better example. Good catch.

I have been reading and not posting, I'm usually way behind and anything I post would fall into limbo~! I am at the end of the thread at the moment so I would just like to put in my :twocents: on ALV maybe watching the trial. . . she may be, but it's also very likely that the DT has 'coached' her on what to expect. They do meet with their witnesses to go over what they are going to be asked, etc. They would probably also 'give them a heads up' as to what the cross will be. I'm pretty sure JW said "Mr Martinez is going to ask you if you have a problem with your memory, so I'm going to ask you first and disarm him". And to THEM that would be funny. To us. . not so. :facepalm:
Also she probably told her about Bianca. You know, they don't just call a witness nor hire an 'expert' and have them go on the stand cold, they DO meet with them first and talk it over.
Thank you KCL and Pasa and other court observers for your diligence with the inside info, this is my favorite thread each court day. :rocker:

What disgusts me is Nurmi's game of charades bringing that motion to the court when he KNEW no jurors saw JM posing for photos ONE time that day IN FRONT of the cameras and embellishing to to be something it was not.

Then this admonishment of this witness who approached a family member coming off the stand (after halting the entire proceedings asking for a "break"--what was the rush Alyce? To get to the family?) happens in chambers.

Not cool. Not cool at all. And I'm getting this out there, believe me.

He's done that countless times since this trial started! Everyone necessary knows whatever his complaint is, as they've already dealt with it at sidebar or in chambers, but he INSISTS on his media moment to put on a display in front of the cameras..Then he struts around all indignant like he's rehearsed it in his bathroom mirror...his own little 'you can't handle the truth' moment. So gross.

I'm so weary of him and his goober sidekick..Not a single moment where they showed any integrity - ever. From lying to Chris & Sky Hughes about those letters to lying to the judge about when evidence was turned over by the state. Every time he speaks, he's lying as often as his client.

And ALV gets a 'talking-to' behind closed doors for what she should know full well could be interpreted as an attack on the victims family - in court?? IMO, anyone on the DT doing that is akin to the defendant herself doing it. There should be repercussions for this, otherwise it's outrageously unfair.

I wonder how the legitimate victims of Domestic Violence who've actually been beaten up, hospitalized, ruined financially, terrorized etc feel about her testimony that Travis Alexander was the worst case of abuse she'd ever seen.

She's really gone off the deep end for this sociopath.

Why? Why? Why?

I'd love it if Juan would end his cross with one final ( admittedly objectionable) question:

Was all this worth it for you?

This is ludicrous. Worst case? OMG. She should see some of the things I've seen, and lived through as a matter of fact. TA may have been a flirt but whatever he said to JA she had it coming. Hurt her physically? No way!:banghead:

<mod snip>

She already outed herself accidentally when she said on the stand " according to her TESTIMONY...er ...um...her reporting, Ms. Arias said..."

So ALV already flubbed on the stand and showed us that she watched JA's testiphony.
BBM

Yes, she DID say that!

Welcome aboard Poffles! :seeya:

ALV came across as petty mean spirited and smug ... Worse still ... She is a disgrace to real victims of DV.

Thanks for the welcome as it's my first time posting here. I'm so glad I found this forum because I don't know of anyone following the trial where I live. There is lot of great discussion here. It's great reading comments from those who are actually in the court room and all the others who are following this trial.

I agree with your eval of ALV & I thought it disgusting that JA and the DT were smirking as well. JM will wipe off those smirks with his cross on Monday. The sooner they can be done with the defense witnesses and move to the rebuttal phase the better. It's time to focus on the real victim again - Travis Alexander.

:twocents:
Poffles

Thanks for the welcome as it's my first time posting here. I'm so glad I found this forum because I don't know of anyone following the trial where I live. There is lot of great discussion here. It's great reading comments from those who are actually in the court room and all the others who are following this trial.

I agree with your eval of ALV & I thought it disgusting that JA and the DT were smirking as well. JM will wipe off those smirks with his cross on Monday. The sooner they can be done with the defense witnesses and move to the rebuttal phase the better. It's time to focus on the real victim again - Travis Alexander.

:twocents:
Poffles

YES! And Welcome!!!:seeya:

But I think she wouldn't mind getting caught if she tried t again... She's enjoying every minute of this... There needs to be special trial procedures in place for when dealing with sociopaths and psychopaths... This is getting out of control...

Don't get me wrong... I love our judicial system (when carried out according to how it is supposed to be), but I don't think it ever took into account dealing with people like JA!!

And, I totally agree that she would do it again... That's why she had a bought her new gun, AND had a knife packed when the police arrested her... the gun, I could maybe...maybe understand if she hadn't just MURDERED someone... But the KNIVE??! (To me the fact that she had a knife packed too supports premeditation, it's reason to believe that she had also packed a knife for her road trip to murder Travis!)

Two knives, IIRC. And I totally agree with you. It is proof positive to me she was repeating the recipe for murder and would even have killed again.

By the way KCL, watched your video and it was great. You are beautiful!!
Love your hair and eyes.

By the way KCL, watched your video and it was great. You are beautiful!!
Love your hair and eyes.

Awww thank you. That was after a full day of court and Happy Hour w/ my hair up one minute and down (hot flashes lol). So...thank you doubly so! :blushing:

Juror 5 is talking. My heart goes out to her. She's read those horrible things said about her. Those terrible people who didn't listen to the family straight out tell them to stop, that she did not deserve that kind of hate.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/21895330/2013/04/05/juror-no-5-tells-her-side-of-the-story

Juror 5 if you are reading I think you are a wonderful person who took her job very seriously. Please do not take all of the vicious comments you have been reading to heart. I know it's hard but there are people on the internet who will attack anything just for fun becuase they feed off drama. So much that they open their big mouths with out bothering to listen to the people they feel they are "protecting" telling them to knock it off.

There are many people here who have not judged you and will not judge you, I think you are a brave, brave person for showing up in court and for taking a stand on not expressing your opinion about Jodi becuase you still take the case so seriously. My Opinion Only but I think Travis would be very proud of the brave girl who takes her stand and doesn't let anyone or anything scare her away.

Hang on and keep being brave. :seeya:

ETA: There is more then one video on the link I posted but she is now going to watch court from home.

Oh boy, well I will tell you this. I've never, nor would ever approach her even though I could. Unlike her, who approached even though she shouldn't and yet did it anyway.

It just slays me she derails this trial (yet again) with a "need for a break" yet uses that moment to ambush a family member. It's just unreal!

By the way I've heard back from a pretty influential reporter who is investigating this....I just want it exposed in a way that counts. Not that we don't "count" but you know....;)

Nancy Grace ~ perfect! She is ALL ABOUT protecting victims & next of kin.

Tonight on HLN she said in all her years of questioning witnesses on the stand, she's NEVER had one take the rest of the day off due to illness! Never! I think ALV's 'stunt' was a shock to many lawyers & judges alike. Still don't get why Judge Sherry rolled so quickly on it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288