Criminal trial scheduling including pre-trial hearings, conferences

someone wrote in the comments of the BND article that they knew O'Gara as a good guy and that he tries to get his clients to plead guilty and save the taxpayers from going to trial. Cant see CC agreeing to plead guilty though, I think he will fight to the bitter end with the ridiculous SODDI theory.

someone wrote in the comments of the BND article that they knew O'Gara as a good guy and that he tries to get his clients to plead guilty and save the taxpayers from going to trial. Cant see CC agreeing to plead guilty though, I think he will fight to the bitter end with the ridiculous SODDI theory.

I was just about to comment on that comment! LOL! If this man takes his faith seriously, then let's hope he won't lie for CC. That is what I'm praying.

He won't plead guilty--that's just asking to die sooner. Coleman wants to stay alive. He won't commit suicide either, I don't know what could lead anyone to such a conclusion. His best hope is to look out for number one and play this thing to the last roll of the dice. Not only that, but his meals, clothing, activities, and health care will all be provided for him indefinitely. And as long as he's still awaiting trial on a DP case, he's tucked away snug as a bug in a rug in physical segregation. Sweet life, if you have no regrets.

To say that the beast is enjoying a "sweet life" is ludicrous. Made to dress in ill fitting jail uniforms is a far cry from the carefully monogramed tailored shirts that he is used to wearing. Eating prison food every day is certainly not a "sweet life". Activities provided for him? What activities? This will all gradually begin to wear on his evil mind and even though he is incapable of remorse or regrets he will "appease" his parents and allucute in open court the details of his horrendous crime and say the "devil took him over" or some other such garbage and obtain LWOP. With this plea he gives up all appeal rights. He will be placed in a segregated prison population due to the fact that he is a child killer and therefore the general population will not have a "shot" at him. In my humble opinion his guilty plea will be entered shortly before the beginning of trial, after all the evidence is known to his defense attorneys. KTBA

To say that the beast is enjoying a "sweet life" is ludicrous. Made to dress in ill fitting jail uniforms is a far cry from the carefully monogramed tailored shirts that he is used to wearing. Eating prison food every day is certainly not a "sweet life". Activities provided for him? What activities? This will all gradually begin to wear on his evil mind and even though he is incapable of remorse or regrets he will "appease" his parents and allucute in open court the details of his horrendous crime and say the "devil took him over" or some other such garbage and obtain LWOP. With this plea he gives up all appeal rights. He will be placed in a segregated prison population due to the fact that he is a child killer and therefore the general population will not have a "shot" at him. In my humble opinion his guilty plea will be entered shortly before the beginning of trial, after all the evidence is known to his defense attorneys. KTBA

Do you think so? Do his parents now admit he is guilty? Have they quit defending their son? I certainly hope so.

I doubt CC is enjoying his prison time - after all, he seemed to be all about the women, and I don't believe he has any of those available. I hope he lives the rest of his life regretting what he did to his family.

Enjoyment and contentment have many definitions. For one thing, he no longer needs to work or kiss anyone's patootie--not his dad's, not his wife's family, not Joyce or Dave.

All his meals are provided. Good food can come with visitors or as gifts.

His health will be monitored, free of charge. In fact, his health care will probably be better than that of any uninsured American who hasn't committed murder.

He'll be physically safe. Won't be mugged, won't be the victim of a home invasion. Mario Weiss can't get to him, nor can any of Sheri's family. He's protected as much as possible from anyone who might wield a gun in the courtroom.

He can think what he wants, read what he wants, correspond with whomever he wants. HE HAS NO RESPONSIBILITIES.

Daddy Ron and Mom don't have unlimited access to him the way they did before. If he's sick of the whole religion thing, he can bar the door to Daddy Ron forever more. Couldn't do that before he was arrested!

There are some people in this world who are happy as clams when holed up in a single room with their Find-A-Word puzzles and delivered meals.

A happy life? Maybe not. But did Chris have a happy life before the murders anyway?

In my humble opinion, Chris Coleman now has a life more suited to his character and personality. He won't suffer being locked up the way another person would. If he thought prison was a fate worse than the DP he wouldn't be playing the game to the last card.

Do you think so? Do his parents now admit he is guilty? Have they quit defending their son? I certainly hope so.

I doubt CC is enjoying his prison time - after all, he seemed to be all about the women, and I don't believe he has any of those available. I hope he lives the rest of his life regretting what he did to his family.
I agree with you that he certainly isn't enjoying himself. If someone says he is as "snug as a bug in a rug" then if you consider spending all your time in an eight by ten foot cell where even your toilet is exposed, then I guess that is really "snug". LOL You can't read what you want, it has to be approved. All incoming and outgoing letters are read by jail personnell. Keep The Beast Alive (KTBA) means the jailers are to prevent suicide so this purtrid piece of slime deals with the full meaning of justice.

To those interested in the Beason, Ill case of 5 murders in a single house there is a news conference today at 2pm and there is also a report that LE has closed north road out of Beason today as they did on day of murders. Apparently they are back at the house. KTBA

To those interested in the Beason, Ill case of 5 murders in a single house there is a news conference today at 2pm and there is also a report that LE has closed north road out of Beason today as they did on day of murders. Apparently they are back at the house. KTBA
News conference as been moved to 5:30pm this evening. Speculation in town is another arrest has been made.

9/26 SANDRA CANTU-ARRESTEE HUCKABY ??
11/27 Terry Lynne McClintic for m/o TORI STAFFORD and
10/16 Rafferty for m/o Tori -video court appearance
10/9 Shannon Crowley murder of (m/o) Denita Smith
10/12 CAYLEE Anthony -ARRESTEE CASEY ANTHONY -LOL DELAYED
10/20 RC m/o Annie Le
10/22 OJ
10/6 NEWSOM-CHRISTIAN 2ND WAVE JURY SELECTION FOR ARRESTEE DAVIDSON[/QUOTE]-delayed 11/2 ?
11/2 Curtis Vance m/o Anne Pressly -Ak
2/8/10 St Massacre Murders
Early 2010 M/O EMily Haddock
Early 2010 Sherrod Nicholas Harrison
Early 2010 Michael Graham Currie
Upcoming Sentences
10/16 Wash Dc Banita Jacks m/o her 4 daughters
10/21 Jesse James m/o Nicholas Markowitz
11/2 Fermin Brito Palacios m/o daughter Natalia Brito
Van Roger Smith ?
Alycia A Mesti-Allen ?
Ran Jermer White ?

There is a hearing for the civil suit on December 18th but according to the STL Post Dispatch the lawyers for Sheri Coleman's family have asked for an extention because of them had open heart surgery. Here is the link to the story STLP-D ran on December 10th.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/st...0/attorneys-seek-delay-of-coleman-civil-suit/

I also believe there was a court date for the criminal trial scheduled for January 6th but it has been pushed back to March 29th.

Hope this helps!

I don't think Coleman plans to plead guilty, ever. His best chance for a long life is the death penalty. If he's given LWOP (or even a chance at parole), he'll be put in the general prison population. He might not last long, and it would not be a quick or pleasant death.

If he's under the DP, he's in segregation, his physical safety assured. He could outlive every single person in the case: his own parents, Sheri's family, Joyce Meyer. He could live a quiet, secluded life with zero responsibilities and the guarantee of a quick and relatively painless death--whenever that comes around.

No, he won't be pleading guilty.
Yes he will be pleading guilty to save his own life. His father, the Rev. Ronald Coleman, Grace Church in Chester Ill., will finally convince him to save his soul he must confess. Wether the confession will be sincere is another matter, but HE WILL CONFESS> KTBA ktba

I understand these defense teams trying to let some time go over this crime, looking for a change of venue, but seriously -- do they honestly think just because emotions are not running as high as they once may have been and that because a young mother and her two children are not from the community that this alleged piece of human scum will not get the max?? They're only kidding themselves....and running up their fees I suspect.

http://www.bnd.com/2011/03/09/1623116/quinn-abolishes-death-penalty.html

So much for JUSTICE! :furious:

"Illinois became the 16th state in the country to abolish the death penalty on Wednesday and Gov. Pat Quinn commuted the sentence of the 15 inmates on death row.

Anyone who is convicted of a capital crime in the next six months will have their sentence commuted to life in prison without the possibility of parole, Quinn spokesperson Annie Thompson said. And that would include Chris Coleman if he is convicted and sentenced to death at his trial next month in Monroe County for the strangulation murders of his wife and two sons."

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2011/03/09/1623116/quinn-abolishes-death-penalty.html#ixzz1GMLJynYw

Does anyone know what this will mean for his lawyers?? Two of the four are paid for by that death penalty fund, so if the death penalty is off the table then does he get to keep the lawyers? If he does, who pays for them now?

I so mad about this I have no words :maddening:

What I have to say about Pat Quinn I would be ban:maddening:

Sickening how the criminal's rights are more important then the victims.If you murder anyone you deserve death,but when you wipe out your family LWOP should not even be an option! I wish these politicians would grow a set and stop dropping the Death Penalty. I am starting to wonder if they are getting kickbacks from the jails?If the prison is privatized longer the perp lives more $$$ are collected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back