Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only clue will be what level of security he gets placed, whether it's in medium security or maximum security. They separate out the violent, dangerous and crazy. If he is deemed acceptable for medium security he could (eventually) get moved to another prison in the system. If it's maximum security I think he stays at Central.

However, the way things are going in this state they almost need to build a "spouse murderers" section and put 'em all there.

I liked the way Judge Stephens put it in the record that JLY had a mental problem, anger issues, and issues with women. Usually those motions by the defense to 'set the verdict aside' are simply answered by 'motion denied'. But Judge Stephens obviously *wanted* his thoughts, opinions, views, in the record. Way to go Judge S.

Did you hear that they gave them a 6 page handout on circumstantial evidence? So, maybe giving them some educational instruction works. If these two jurors are any indication of the others, then this was a very intelligent group.

I heard this a little differently. I think it may have been 6 pages of the judge's instructions which included information on circumstantial evidence.

Poor Gracie was frightened he'd come after her when he got out on bail. :( She saw what he looked like when he was in a rage, and it scared her. Also like how she got in, 'remembering his voice' when she heard him speak at the first trail. Wonder if anyone ever showed her the 'you came here for that' video. That's pretty much JLY all the way.

The only clue will be what level of security he gets placed, whether it's in medium security or maximum security. They separate out the violent, dangerous and crazy. If he is deemed acceptable for medium security he could (eventually) get moved to another prison in the system. If it's maximum security I think he stays at Central.

However, the way things are going in this state they almost need to build a "spouse murderers" section and put 'em all there.

That's true, but most will spend the first 2 years at Central, regardless. It's where they are moved after Central that's truly telling.

Yeah, I've said that in the past about 'wal-mart' crimes. For awhile there, it seemed like a specific section might be needed for them too.

I heard this a little differently. I think it may have been 6 pages of the judge's instructions which included information on circumstantial evidence.

Ohhhhhh. OK! That makes total sense!! The way she said it was confusing. Like it was a handout on CE LOL.

There is a section of town in Memphis called Cooper-Young district, I think there will be a section of the prison also titled like this.

They are quite close in age--I think they are only six months or so apart. Maybe they can swap stories and whine about how they've been victimized...

Two peas in a pod...a very small pod.

I also noted none of the jurors placed any importance on JLY's philandering ways. It showed that the prosecution merely introduced them to show that JLY did not 'love his wife'. Was not 'working on his marriage'. In other words, he wasn't convicted because he *cheated*. It was merely part of the pattern of the crime. He was convicted on MOTIVE, means and opportunity. They placed great importance on the clothing worn on the last video at the hotel & the timeline of the event. IIRC, I think the first juror might have mentioned the violence of the attack. And that nothing was *missing* but her wedding rings.

Welp, Jason's birthday is coming up on April 8. :jail: Hope he makes some nice friends before then to help him celebrate and watch his tricks.

Poor Gracie was frightened he'd come after her when he got out on bail. :( She saw what he looked like when he was in a rage, and it scared her. Also like how she got in, 'remembering his voice' when she heard him speak at the first trail. Wonder if anyone ever showed her the 'you came here for that' video. That's pretty much JLY all the way.

Can you or someone direct me to the video? TIA

You may well be right. Sorry if I misunderstood that. I may not multi-task too well.

Can you or someone direct me to the video? TIA

Gracie called in to TTV a little before 1:00 (where I am) and talked to Ryan Smith. I don't know if there's a video of it but maybe someone on the night HLN shows will replay it tonight?

Gracie called in to TTV a little before 1:00 (where I am) and talked to Ryan Smith. I don't know if there's a video of it but maybe someone on the night HLN shows will replay it tonight?

Thanks or replying :) I should have clarified, lol. A video of JY
and the "you came here for that " one...

I read today that the investigators and prosecutors are ready to put this whole thing behind them, now that justice has been served and the family has closure. I was kind of feeling the same way this morning. I am not sure why I was so wrapped up in this case? Maybe it was because of similarities between myself and Michelle, maybe it was because hearing about little Cassidy trying to care for the boo boo's of her mommy, not exactly sure, but I know that this case has captured my time, attention, prayers and heart for 6 long years. I cried tears of joy and relief for the Fisher family yesterday. Today it all feels surreal that this case is finally over, justice has finally been served and hopefully a message has been sent, that no matter how clever you are, if you murder your wife, you WILL pay for your crime! Today, while I still feel relieved, I feel sad for Cassidy and the Fishers. I get to walk away and so do most who were caught up in some way in this case, but this nightmare is only partly over for them. Michelle is never coming back, BUT her killer has been brought to justice and maybe now both mommy and son can rest in peace. I hope and pray that that little girl can grow up KNOWING how much her mommy loved her and thank God that it is the Fishers that will be able to raise her!!
Rest in peace Michelle. I will never forget your story and will always be glad that justice was served!!

I absolutely LOVE that the jury knew the jeans were different!! :woohoo:

Page after page and post after post were made trying to convince others that those jeans were the same!! :banghead:

NO they are not!! Jury said so!! :yesss:

There was just breaking news on WRAL about Judge Stephens asking SBI to look into possible Juror misconduct. What does this mean if they find misconduct? Does he get another trial?

There was just breaking news on WRAL about Judge Stephens asking SBI to look into possible Juror misconduct. What does this mean if they find misconduct? Does he get another trial?

No way! *advertiser censored*. Darnit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member