State's Response to Order RE: Deposition Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a status hearing on 06/21/2010 @1:30 PM. Unless another hearing is scheduled before then OR I missed a date!

You know it would be great if we had a sticky thread showing all the scheduled court dates. I know I have trouble keeping track of them too.

You know it would be great if we had a sticky thread showing all the scheduled court dates. I know I have trouble keeping track of them too.

If we don't have a Court Date Thread, you can start one and then ask a mod to make it a sticky.

Per JBean's suggestion, I have posted all of them on the Caylee calendar in the Resource forum. I try to keep up with them through the Today's News thread and the Ninth Circuit website. If anyone sees a new one that I haven't added, go ahead and stick it on there, please! Or, pm me with it and I will be happy to add it.

As of now, they are all on there all the way through April 2011. So far, all are Status hearings left that have been ordered.

Here is the link to the Calendar.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&month=9&year=2008&do=&c=4

If you add a hearing date, just be careful what month/year you enter it in. The default is set for 2008 (when the case began). At the bottom, there is a 'Jump To' option where you need to select the month/year.

Per JBean's suggestion, I have posted all of them on the Caylee calendar in the Resource forum. I try to keep up with them through the Today's News thread and the Ninth Circuit website. If anyone sees a new one that I haven't added, go ahead and stick it on there, please! Or, pm me with it and I will be happy to add it.

As of now, they are all on there all the way through April 2011. So far, all are Status hearings left that have been ordered.

Where is the Resource forum?

Where is the Resource forum?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233[/ame]

I added the calendar link to my earlier post, but this is a direct link to the Resource forum. Lots of good stuff in there!

Hi Muzikman,

He purposely left the depo incomplete, so he could call him back at another date. Sneaky little move, since clearly he had gotten everything he needed out of him already. I must find it for you, the epitome of him knowing what he did with the Kronk family members would never be admitted into evidence. Finally a reporter asked him a follow up question that we all are throwing things at the TV screen , yelling , ask him this, for the love of God. He had the cat that got the canary look while excited the news stations were playing these selected interview clips. Finally the host asked him, sir...ah...these could never come into the trial because the situations they are recounting are heresay and far too remote in time, right? A look of fear shot across his face for just half a second, he quickly recovered and just shrugged his shoulders, careful not to admit it audibly so as not to be quoted. It was the ok, you got me shrug. I must find that clip and put it in my signature line or post it once a month until everyone has seen it. I laughed so hard when he did that, some of my co workers down the hall came into my office with that I'll have what Julia's having look.:dance:

I wanted the look of "I'll have what Julia's having", but the link I watched in your sig was Cheny M stating that now that Caylee's body is found, it is easy to predict LWOP for Casey. That they could plea now and get it over with, or have a circus and a trial.
Funny that he jumped on the circus bandwagon. And not funny ha-ha, but funny wtf-is-the-matter-with-people.

Wow TWA - you're so on it, Bluebonnet! I think you are in the running for MVP!

That is really valuable stuff. Actually, what I meant was a post that RH made here a while back (IIRC) or something in print, in which he described a specific case he worked on in which a client had to file for indigency in the middle of things (the defendant's mother had taken out a second mortgage on the house and it ran out). He said that many attorneys refuse to take such cases because of the herculean effort it takes to document and justify the expenditures. He described how specific he had to be in verifying what had already been spent to the JAC and that if an attorney was deemed by the JAC to have misspent the original funds or the monies spent did not show prioritizing of client and case needs, that disciplinary action up to and including disbarment could occur, IIRC. I went back through his posts and couldn't find it but may look again when I get more time to browse. Thanks again though for your excellent compendium of research you put together for us each and every day!

I have to disagree. Considering there were defense experts (Henry Lee, the Bones Lady, a couple of others) at the scene on the day Caylee was found tells me they knew zactly what they needed...

Poor Koby. He had such a good thing going for himself on NG nightly pleading KC's guilt for months on end until he jumped ship, prolly with the promise of a big financial payoff. How much money does it take for a scientific expert to betray a murdered 2 year old I wonder?

Poor Koby. He had such a good thing going for himself on NG nightly pleading KC's guilt for months on end until he jumped ship, prolly with the promise of a big financial payoff. How much money does it take for a scientific expert to betray a murdered 2 year old I wonder?

Yes, NG was shocked, as was her audience, to hear him so publicly backtracking on what he said. He hasn't appeared on her show since.

I'm a bit surprised that Baez has not included James Thompson on his depo schedule. JT is on the State's witness list and if he really saw what he claims I believe he will be a key witness.
Link to State's witness list:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/31909330/Casey-Anthony-Prosecutions-witness-list-updated-March-28-2010

FYI, that is not an official list, it is one someone put together and included people interviewed, etc. There are names on it that are not on the State's official witness list.

FYI, that is not an official list, it is one someone put together and included people interviewed, etc. There are names on it that are not on the State's official witness list.

ARGH! That's the second time that list has fooled me! :blushing:
I'll delete my post.
ETA- Ya know there's a link to that hinky list here in the Resource Forum

:waitasec: You would think that the press would remove the addresses of the witnesses. :crazy:

You would also think that Baez would at least get correct addresses! :banghead:

There are several that are WAY out of date. Looks like he just took them from the State's list, which came out in Nov 08 IIRC.

I'd be willing to bet that he has not contacted some of those people and set up their depos. Just put them down as ones he WANTED to depo. :waitasec:

Hi Muzikman,

He purposely left the depo incomplete, so he could call him back at another date. Sneaky little move, since clearly he had gotten everything he needed out of him already. I must find it for you, the epitome of him knowing what he did with the Kronk family members would never be admitted into evidence. Finally a reporter asked him a follow up question that we all are throwing things at the TV screen , yelling , ask him this, for the love of God. He had the cat that got the canary look while excited the news stations were playing these selected interview clips. Finally the host asked him, sir...ah...these could never come into the trial because the situations they are recounting are heresay and far too remote in time, right? A look of fear shot across his face for just half a second, he quickly recovered and just shrugged his shoulders, careful not to admit it audibly so as not to be quoted. It was the ok, you got me shrug. I must find that clip and put it in my signature line or post it once a month until everyone has seen it. I laughed so hard when he did that, some of my co workers down the hall came into my office with that I'll have what Julia's having look.:dance:

J, did you ever find this video? Would love to watch and catch what you were referencing... :)

You would also think that Baez would at least get correct addresses! :banghead:

There are several that are WAY out of date. Looks like he just took them from the State's list, which came out in Nov 08 IIRC.

I'd be willing to bet that he has not contacted some of those people and set up their depos. Just put them down as ones he WANTED to depo. :waitasec:

I'd be willing to bet that he did just that............and what would be HIGHLARIOUS would be if the SA in the future, purposely misspelled or transposed numbers to trip him up. HeeHee

Snipped respect MM

Over on the Ask the Lawyers thread, recent posts seem to indicate that this very thing did happen.

The fact that they have about 9 depos "scheduled" (riiiight) on the Fridays before major holidays does not sound right. Also noticed that nearly all depo dates are on Fridays. Can only remember one depo day not on a Friday.

Snipped respect MM

Over on the Ask the Lawyers thread, recent posts seem to indicate that this very thing did happen.

The fact that they have about 9 depos "scheduled" (riiiight) on the Fridays before major holidays does not sound right. Also noticed that nearly all depo dates are on Fridays. Can only remember one depo day not on a Friday.

Yeah, I saw that on the Lawyers thread. :)

I would bet big money that if Judge Perry were to call the people on Baez's depo list tomorrow, IMO he would find a number of them that have no idea they're about to be depoed. :waitasec:

Yeah, I saw that on the Lawyers thread. :)

I would bet big money that if Judge Perry were to call the people on Baez's depo list tomorrow, IMO he would find a number of them that have no idea they're about to be depoed. :waitasec:

Do you remember when the defense produced, literally, a copy of the state's witness list as their own? The state made a motion to strike it, and the judge promptly did so. I agree with you about Judge Perry. Where Judge Strickland had the style of trusting the lawyers, as officers of the court, I think this judge is more of the Ronald Reagan theory, "Trust but verify". There will be no nonsense tolerated. If Baez has not figured that out, I know Mason has. How much rope he will give Baez to hang himself so that he can take over the case is my only question.

Obviously the proper service to Tony would be not only his last known address, but to his lawyer. What in the world?!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe