GUILTY CA - Emma Barker, 18 mos, suffocated, Lancaster, 18 March 2009 #2

Kat Fish said:
Hello! for those who may not know here is what I found about a "Pitchess motion"

Pitchess is the partial name of a California court case that established a criminal defendant's right to information about a police officer's misconduct or dishonesty when the defendant alleges in a declaration that the officer used excessive force or lied about the events surrounding the defendant's arrest. The name of and citation to the case is Pitchess v. Superior Court (1974) 11 Cal.3d 531, and the case was decided by the California Supreme Court.

A defendant's right to information about police officer misconduct and dishonesty has since been established by statute in California. A statute is known in common parlance as a law, and is enacted by the legislature. The statutes that govern the right of a defendant to information about police officer misconduct and dishonesty in California are Sections 1043 through 1047 of the California Evidence Code.

So what is up with that? Can't be referring to the Detectives who interviewed SB when she led them to Emma's body and made numerous statements....the video of that interview should speak for itself.

LCM said: Hi Kat Glad to see you back! I still haven't heard from Syn this week, anyone else?

Jan 2 - Twin said; " Today is sb's 25th Bday I hope she enjoys her cold cell....Maybe she will get a nice azz beating by 25 of the lovely women in the jail"

We can only hope....

Tori said; "I don't think Judge Z is going to give her any Gifts!"

LCM said Oh I do! I think he's going to sign off on on her 'next home' for the next oh - 25 years to life! She always complained she wanted out of mommy's house, hopefully she will get what she had coming! Oh yeah, roomies included!

Tori said "Judge Z said that they will also do the other motion on the next date and to give Cormer the witness list, she was shaking her head then said to another DA that was there, there is no addresses on anyone on this list, so it is fair to say she was not happy."

LCM said This is beginning to sound like a pizzing contest. Please tell me Dagger is not so incompetent..." This will not be good, if she is found guilty we want it to stick. Not to end up being retried because he is incompetent. She would likely even be let out of jail and possibly back to Luver Boyz bed.... while awaiting retrial.

Tori said " The PD said he wanted to "run the Pitchess" motion at the next court date."

Kat said: "Pitchess is the partial name of a California court case that established a criminal defendant's right to information about a police officer's misconduct or dishonesty "

LCM said: I dont know if Pitchess is what we saw coming way back when, having to do with the ME or if Pritchess is referring to the way he hinted at the LASD of mishandling this since day 1, he accused Det Nava of misleading sm telling her she could't go home until she told them the truth or told them where Emma was - I don't know if Nava is the only accused or not but this was said at the prelim. He seems to think keeping sm up all night to help them find her 18 month old baby was abusive behavior on the part of LE. After all she and Luver Boy had been up partying most of the night on the 17th, even though she spent most of the day in his bed I guess sm was sleepy.... waaahh

Tori said; "SB'S JAW FELL TO THE GROUND, When Cormer said she was still waiting for some videos and the JAILHOUSE BEHAVIOR REPORT....that the IO was out for the week ."

LCM said; You have to know Cormer (scores 2 points) saw this coming and smiled to herself all the way home.
Has Dagger learned nothing from the kc anthony mess? There is no presumption of privacy in jail. None! The only thing LE can't listen to is conversations with her atty (but they can watch!) This is not looking good for DA Dagger. Now I really want to know how she has behaved while a guest of the state. Especially with the way she has acted completely schizo in court, smiling one week dragging herself in looking sad the next. Be interesting to know if this was all an act like we suspected.

SORRY THIS HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED UP A LITTLE BUT I'M IN A RUSH....
SB WAS BACK IN COURT YESTERDAY HERE IS WHAT TORI HAD TO SHARE: my comments are dark blue
or RED

We were all given an honorable mention today by the "oh so eloquent speaker" PD Dagger,

Mr. Suffercation wants a change of venue...on one of the points he said the the case has gotten too much attention in the AV, Time warner had cameras in court today for the local news...The local paper has done 15 or 16 articles on this case and wait for it..........

DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE, BLOGGERS THAT ARE BLOGGING ON THINGS THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, OR THINGS THEY THINK THEY KNOW.... they are trying to predujest people against SB by blogging on the events going on in the court.

If the change of Venue is denied he wants the Media, Press and ANYONE IN THE GALLERY THAT IS REPORTING ON THIS CASE EXCLUDED FROM ALL FUTURE PROCEEDINGS.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MR SUFFERCATION HAS TRIED TO STOP THE PEOPLE IF WE HAVE TO PUT A NEW PERSON IN COURT EVERY HEARING THIS WILL BE COVERED.

YOU CAN"T STOP THE PRESS WE ARE THE PEOPLE

AND WE ARE PAYING YOUR SALERY REMEMBER?????

JUDGE ZACKEY said he would have to research that but it is a violation of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT, That people have the right to know or follow a case.
There is more but it is alot to put here, I wish we had a REAL SECURE SPOT TO POST!
kAT, I have a few questions and the motions you want to know about for your site.
Today was great, we really do like Judge Zackey, he seems like a above board Judge that won't stand for games in his court (he even said that to both Pd and DA)
He is awesome....anyway all, TTys T

SORRY THIS HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED UP A LITTLE BUT I'M IN A RUSH....
SB WAS BACK IN COURT YESTERDAY HERE IS WHAT TORI HAD TO SHARE: my comments are dark blue
or RED

We were all given an honorable mention today by the "oh so eloquent speaker" PD Dagger,

Mr. Suffercation wants a change of venue...on one of the points he said the the case has gotten too much attention in the AV, Time warner had cameras in court today for the local news...The local paper has done 15 or 16 articles on this case and wait for it..........

DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE, BLOGGERS THAT ARE BLOGGING ON THINGS THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, OR THINGS THEY THINK THEY KNOW.... they are trying to predujest people against SB by blogging on the events going on in the court.

If the change of Venue is denied he wants the Media, Press and ANYONE IN THE GALLERY THAT IS REPORTING ON THIS CASE EXCLUDED FROM ALL FUTURE PROCEEDINGS.

THIS IS THE SECOND TIME MR SUFFERCATION HAS TRIED TO STOP THE PEOPLE IF WE HAVE TO PUT A NEW PERSON IN COURT EVERY HEARING THIS WILL BE COVERED.

YOU CAN"T STOP THE PRESS WE ARE THE PEOPLE

AND WE ARE PAYING YOUR SALERY REMEMBER?????

JUDGE ZACKEY said he would have to research that but it is a violation of the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT, That people have the right to know or follow a case.
There is more but it is alot to put here, I wish we had a REAL SECURE SPOT TO POST!
kAT, I have a few questions and the motions you want to know about for your site.
Today was great, we really do like Judge Zackey, he seems like a above board Judge that won't stand for games in his court (he even said that to both Pd and DA)
He is awesome....anyway all, TTys T

never in my life heard of a trial closed completly to the media. this lawyer is nuts.

never in my life heard of a trial closed completly to the media. this lawyer is nuts.

kbl NUTZ is the word, one of the first things Dagger requested at prelim day one was to be closed to the press. THe local paper and their 15 or 16 articles, 12 or more of which were done before his client was arrested!! The "local press" has been to 2 hearings since July!

If we the morons writing and blogging about things we know nothing about - know nothing, then what is the problem??? Nothing can't effect his client!! (Know what I mean??)

His problem is we have researched everything we don't understand. So as foolish as the man is, we have called him on all the foolish things he tries to pull, things he knows less than he thinks he does.

Most importantly his client, yes we say she sucks, we believe this because she confessed!! She admitted to murdering her baby!

Of course she also claims it was all an accident, it was an accident that she clapped her hand over her baby's mouth and nose then held it there as her baby fought her off - fought for her very life - admitted she kept it there for 2 or 3 minutes - until her baby fought no more - until she died~

Then because she was so horrified by what she had done - by accident - so horrified that her baby had stopped fighting - stopped breathing, she pulled to the side of the road and called for help! NOT!

She threw a blanket over her baby's face, drove to an exit she knew - and she put her baby out along side the freeway - hidden in 2 feet of grass and weeds - she hid her accident then waited 5 hours to call 911 - truth be told she still didn't call 911, she called her boyfriend and her brother - claiming she had been attacked - her brother called 911 - evidently after arriving at the park and ride finding Precious Emma gone...

"DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE, BLOGGERS THAT ARE BLOGGING ON THINGS THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, OR THINGS THEY THINK THEY KNOW.... they are trying to prejudice people against SB by blogging on the events going on in the court."

Yes - our purpose in life is to make sb look bad - because we are all DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE who have no purpose in life aside from saying mean, ugly things about his client - THINGS LIKE: NO ONE ACCIDENTALLY SMOTHERS OR SUFFOCATES ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BY BLOCKING THEIR ABILITY TO BREATHE, clapping a hand over their face - WHILE THE VICTIM STRUGGLES - THE ACT OF THE STRUGGLE TO THE DEATH - THE LOOK OF PANIC ON THE FACE OF THE VICTIM - THE FACT THAT THE VICTIM LOSES CONSCIOUSNESS - ALL SHOULD ALERT THE ASSAILANT to realize - OH! THIS MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA - THIS MIGHT FEEL REALLY BAD!

18 MONTH OLD BABIES WHO FIGHT OFF AN ASSAILANT FOR 2 TO 3 MINUTES - IN AN ATTEMPT TO LIVE - DO NOT DIE BY ACCIDENT!!! THEY ARE VICTIMS OF MURDER - THAT ABOUT COVERS MY MEAN QUOTA FOR THE DAY. CAN'T GET MORE FOUL THAN THAT - HMMM OOPS THAT WASN'T SOMETHING I MADE UP! That information was revealed by Det Nava LASD - my bad.

kbl NUTZ is the word, one of the first things Dagger requested at prelim day one was to be closed to the press. THe local paper and their 15 or 16 articles, 12 or more of which were done before his client was arrested!! The "local press" has been to 2 hearings since July!

If we the morons writing and blogging about things we know nothing about - know nothing, then what is the problem??? Nothing can't effect his client!! (Know what I mean??)

His problem is we have researched everything we don't understand. So as foolish as the man is, we have called him on all the foolish things he tries to pull, things he knows less than he thinks he does.

Most importantly his client, yes we say she sucks, we believe this because she confessed!! She admitted to murdering her baby!

Of course she also claims it was all an accident, it was an accident that she clapped her hand over her baby's mouth and nose then held it there as her baby fought her off - fought for her very life - admitted she kept it there for 2 or 3 minutes - until her baby fought no more - until she died~

Then because she was so horrified by what she had done - by accident - so horrified that her baby had stopped fighting - stopped breathing, she pulled to the side of the road and called for help! NOT!

She threw a blanket over her baby's face, drove to an exit she knew - and she put her baby out along side the freeway - hidden in 2 feet of grass and weeds - she hid her accident then waited 5 hours to call 911 - truth be told she still didn't call 911, she called her boyfriend and her brother - claiming she had been attacked - her brother called 911 - evidently after arriving at the park and ride finding Precious Emma gone...

"DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE, BLOGGERS THAT ARE BLOGGING ON THINGS THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW, OR THINGS THEY THINK THEY KNOW.... they are trying to prejudice people against SB by blogging on the events going on in the court."

Yes - our purpose in life is to make sb look bad - because we are all DUMB, IDIOTIC, MORONIC PEOPLE who have no purpose in life aside from saying mean, ugly things about his client - THINGS LIKE: NO ONE ACCIDENTALLY SMOTHERS OR SUFFOCATES ANOTHER HUMAN BEING BY BLOCKING THEIR ABILITY TO BREATHE, clapping a hand over their face - WHILE THE VICTIM STRUGGLES - THE ACT OF THE STRUGGLE TO THE DEATH - THE LOOK OF PANIC ON THE FACE OF THE VICTIM - THE FACT THAT THE VICTIM LOSES CONSCIOUSNESS - ALL SHOULD ALERT THE ASSAILANT to realize - OH! THIS MIGHT NOT BE A GOOD IDEA - THIS MIGHT FEEL REALLY BAD!

18 MONTH OLD BABIES WHO FIGHT OFF AN ASSAILANT FOR 2 TO 3 MINUTES - IN AN ATTEMPT TO LIVE - DO NOT DIE BY ACCIDENT!!! THEY ARE VICTIMS OF MURDER - THAT ABOUT COVERS MY MEAN QUOTA FOR THE DAY. CAN'T GET MORE FOUL THAN THAT - HMMM OOPS THAT WASN'T SOMETHING I MADE UP! That information was revealed by Det Nava LASD - my bad.

The defense will say anything they can to defend.
It does not have to be the truth, it just has to create the results they want and change "Public Opinion".
Do not get upset by this; this is their job. but DO PRAY that whoever is on the side of this baby is a far better prosecutor the the defence.
I command you for going to court KUDOS for you :clap: :clap: :clap:
Keep on going that is what they hope will stop to happen, don't give in to them.

accidentally suffocated a baby for at least 2 minutes.
im shocked she didnt cry self defense instead.............

accidentally suffocated a baby for at least 2 minutes.
im shocked she didnt cry self defense instead.............

wow! you know, since you mention it, maybe this is his ace in the hole.

:doh: :clap: :clap: :clap:

According to a family member she was offered a plea of 15 years, best we can tell she turned it down, we know she had some major psych testing, nothing new was said following the hearing date where she came in carrying a large packet of paperwork for her atty to take possession of. PD Dager was in another courtroom and she finally handed the packet over to a coworker of his, but it was - IIRC - not her first choice.....

The DDA was in the court room to hear her plead not guilty; after we heard testimony of Det Nava say she confessed, actually surprising the DDA - when she said, through her atty "Not Guilty." I think you may have nailed it...

~ :bowdown: ~ I bow to the master!! ~:bowdown: ~​

wow! you know, since you mention it, maybe this is his ace in the hole.

:doh: :clap: :clap: :clap:

According to a family member she was offered a plea of 15 years, best we can tell she turned it down, we know she had some major psych testing, nothing new was said following the hearing date where she came in carrying a large packet of paperwork for her atty to take possession of. PD Dager was in another courtroom and she finally handed the packet over to a coworker of his, but it was - IIRC - not her first choice.....

The DDA was in the court room to hear her plead not guilty; after we heard testimony of Det Nava say she confessed, actually surprising the DDA - when she said, through her atty "Not Guilty." I think you may have nailed it...

~ :bowdown: ~ I bow to the master!! ~:bowdown: ~​

lol as ulikely as this is i'd love to see them try it.........the jury would take about 10 seconds to deliberate

lol as ulikely as this is i'd love to see them try it.........the jury would take about 10 seconds to deliberate

That long???

I've been reading the rest of the materials our friends have shared - as soon as I finish another report I'm writing, I'll get them up.

Dager did not disappoint he is after Det Nava, another LASD detective and the ME James K. Ribe!!

That long???

I've been reading the rest of the materials our friends have shared - as soon as I finish another report I'm writing, I'll get them up.

Dager did not disappoint he is after Det Nava, another LASD detective and the ME James K. Ribe!!

it takes 9 and a half minutes to fill out the jury forms..........

Stacey Barker Defense Asks For Change Of Venue

My comments are teal... Judge Zacky listed 5 reasons a change of venue would be given or not.
None apply:

Judge Zackey cited some case law and said there are 5 points to consider before a Change of Venue could be granted or denied. Although the judge didn’t make a ruling he did address the 5 points in relation to this case:

1. Nature and Gravity of the Crime.
A child being killed is not a cause for Change of Venue. This court has heard other cases of children being killed.

2. Nature and gravity of news coverage.
The news media was at a peak for a while, acknowledging there was even national coverage for a time, such as CNN, Nancy Grace, and other major news outlets, that coverage was almost a year ago and has died down.

3. Size of the community.
You ( defense) have only included Lancaster and Palmdale in your argument that the jury pool is only about a thousand people. The jury pool extends as far as Santa Clarita and outlying areas, there are many more potential jurors in our AV jury pool. (Antelope Valley is part of Los Angeles County)

4. Status of family in the community.
The Barker family is not well known in the community aside from their own circle of friends and family.

5. Prominence and popularity of the victim in the community.
The victim is a child of a very young age and jurors in any community will have sympathy for a small child that has been killed whether it be in LA, the AV, or any other community in the land.*

* It should be noted that Dager interrupted and said,
”found dead”. The judge corrected himself and said, “found dead”.*

Judge Zackey did say that if the motion for Change of Venue is denied, he would like to keep the case in his court. “Our friends” say that Dager did seem pleased that Judge Zackey would keep the case if his motion was denied, but told the court he would ask that all media and news reporters and people in the gallery that report on this case on blogs be kept out of the court if COV was denied!**

(Katfish here…. Public scrutiny of a criminal trial enhances the quality and safeguards the integrity of the fact finding process, with benefits to both the defendant and the society as a whole... .. permitting the public to participate in and serve as a check upon the judicial process is an essential component in our structure of self-government. The right of the public and the press to attend and observe judicial proceedings is constitutionally rooted in the First Amendment. I think Mr. Dager is well aware that the First Amendment prohibits the court from blocking the public and the media…intimidation tactics, IMO.)

Judge Z said he would have to do some research on this, because of the "Freedom Of Information Act", the community has the right to know what is going on.

Thanks to the usual peeps for attending the hearing and a special thanks to my good friend Kat - from Katfish Ponders fame for writing this and for investing all the points brought up in the hearing.http://katfishponders.blogspot.com

*This correction has my stink meter up to about oh, 12... out of 10 - as you will see in the notes to follow, PD Dagger has "witnesses" on his list giving testimony to false confessions and PTSD.

**Songline I am going over the Blogger info you pointed out! TYVM!
None of the shenanigans of those bloggers have been tried by any of us...

Well, I can well imagine mz barker is struggling with PTSD, most of us would have a problem with stress after we murdered an 18 month old baby - oh! except we wouldn't be charged with smothering our baby! Because we gave birth and by doing so, we chose life... unlike these un-mothers clogging our legal system with momsters like KC Anthony, Maria Pelaez, Stacey Barker, A. Davis, Michelle Kehoe, Tracey Connelly, Kimberly Dawn Trenor ......

As much as I want to be there to see sb go down and take her snarky little smile with her; just like kc - I want to see sb go down fair and square. I do not want some incompetent PD playing games. I do not want the trial turned into a circus. sb confessed to what she did - she took the LASD to the exact spot where she left precious Emma's body - she even told them why she did it!!

PD Dager - it is an insult to the intelligence of the people who will sit in that jury box - for you to pretend that sb is suffering from anything but good old fashion regret. Regret she had a baby, regret she got caught and regret she didn't come up with a better story before she called her brother.

Any notes I've added are again in Teal ~ Part 3/ from the last hearing again brought to you by the usual culprits written by my friend Kat from katfishponders: http://katfishponders.blogspot.com

Some of the links in the main body are no longer working. I know they were fine last week, but I found new links and added them to the bottom of the post by numbers - as best I could.

The Discovery motion requests a video made by J. Collins and E. Edmonds of the Field Investigation Service Unit (FISU). PD Dager said they (the FISU)* had done a measurement of the crime scene and in doing so had used Detective Nava as Stacey Barker. Dager contends that Nava and Barker are not of the same stature so if the video comes in as evidence he will need to get a professional that is the same stature as Barker to do the measurements again which could delay the proceedings at least 6 months, adding he did not want that delay.

(???? It is not clear to katfishponders what crime scene the defense is referring to, the Lancaster City Park where Barker** first claimed that Emma was abducted and she was attacked as she put Emma in the car or the location where Emma’s body was found.)

Dager also said he wants the reports and raw notes from Collins and Edmonds. DDA S. Kelly Cromer told the court she has no written reports or raw notes from Collins and Edmonds because the notes and report weren’t necessary since Barker led them to the baby’s body. Judge Zackey told the defense if there are no written reports or raw notes he can't make the DA give you what they don't have, adding he won’t have them (Collins and Edmonds) write a report for the DA just to give it to you.

The next motion addressed is the (1) Pitchess motion. In the Pitchess motion the defense is requesting the personnel files of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Detective Sandra Nava and a Detective (?) McCarthy. The defense would like to know if they have ever been accused of ‘coercive tactics” in the past in order to elicit a confession. Detective Nava testified during the Preliminary Hearing that Barker made some very incriminating statements to police....I guess we can see where the defense is going regarding those statements.

(1) (Pitchess is the partial name of a California court case that established a criminal defendant's right to information about a police officer's misconduct or dishonesty when the defendant alleges in a declaration that the officer used excessive force or lied about the events surrounding the defendant's arrest.)

PD Dagar started inferring in the 1st day of prelim that sb was encouraged to tell the LASD certain things - the original notes are just a couple pages back from the prelim day 1 and/or day 2 in July. The time that sb was being questioned was recorded, so IMO if the LASD was unprofessional we will know, as soon as the tapes are played for the court in trial. If he is referring to old cases ?? <<<Big shrug >>>

It has always been MOO that if all you can do is attack the evidence you must have reason to worry about the evidence, so far the only thing we know Dagar has is a witness list and 2 photo albums.

There was a Attorney for the Sheriff's Department present (didn&#8217;t catch her last name, her first name is Trina), she was not called to speak but was told to be back on the 28th for a hearing that will be held in Judges chambers (in camera). When the Pitchess motion is granted, the court examines the records in camera with only the custodian of records present.

The last motion from the defense is a Brady motion. (2) A Brady motion is a defendant's request for evidence concerning a material witness which is favorable to the defense and to which the defense may be entitled. Favorable evidence includes not only evidence that tends to exculpate the accused, but also evidence that may impeach the credibility of a government witness.)

In this Brady motion the defense is requesting what is known as the Ribe box. (4) The motion cites case law from (3) &#8220;California v Salazar&#8221;. Judge Zackey asks the public defender if he had reviewed the Salazar case. When Dager answered no, the Judge told Dager he really should review the case. Salazar did involve Los Angeles County Deputy Coroner James K. Ribe who performed the autopsy on Emma Barker.

The relationship between the Pitchess and Brady motions are explained at this link. There is also information at the link about the Ribe box and the Salazar case. A state appellate court overturned the murder conviction of Salazar for killing an infant girl in 1996, ruling that the L.A. County District Attorney&#8217;s Office deliberately concealed from the defense the Ribe box (information about prior cases when forensic pathologist Dr. James Ribe had given inconsistent testimony and/or had changed opinions regarding time of death and/or cause of death.).

Please note Salazar was retried and convicted a second time, on the same evidence that was used the first time...

DDA Cormer tells the court that the state wants some discovery from the defense as well, a video and 2 photo albums. PD Dager says that he will have them for her on the next court date...Cormer spoke up and said "Judge if it were the PD asking for this you would have made me make it available to them in 3 days time". Evidently Judge Zackey agrees, he tells Dager it doesn&#8217;t take long to burn a DVD, and asks when could he have it to Cormer? Dagger said by the end of the day. Judge adds that it does take some time to copy 2 photo albums of color pictures... then Cormer tells the court if the defense gives her the photo albums she will copy them herself and give them back today. All 3 said OK to that.

* at this time the only crime scene known to any of us is sb's car and the area next to the freeway where sb left her baby's body.

** earlier in the case we received a correspondence from a former co worker/ friend of sb a person who was well known to Emma and sb who will undoubtedly called to testify. She claims to have been at the Lancaster City Park with her own child/ren on 3/18 and says sb was not there with Emma; (or anyone) nor was there any scuffle in the parking lot at the time sb claimed Emma was last seen.

(1) 2009 Pitchess Motion/The original link is missing but can be downloaded from here.

2009 Pitchess Motion Manual
This manual contains updates and developments that have occurred since the manual was last revised in 2005. This 2009 updated Syllabus on Pitchess Motions includes the most recent court decisions, practical tips and sample oppositions and forms that your agency can consult when discovery of a peace officer&#8217;s personnel file is sought.

http://www.post.ca.gov/publications/course_catalog/3991.asp

Manual:http://www.cpoa.org/displaycommon.cfman=1&subarticlenbr=12

(2) Pitchess Motion Also Requires Disclosure of "Brady Material" by the Court

http://www.mastagni.com/news/sp2005-1.html

NEW BRADY LEGISLATION WOULD END PITCHESS

(3) http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions/revpub/B117225.DOC.

(4) http://www.justiceforej.com/ribeflipflops.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

seems like the defense wants to kill this case with tehcnnicalties and mumbo jumbo

From Tori regarding last hearing: We did go to the hearing but Judge Zacky was absent, a new judge in his place. Which we all know means Mr Daggar will want to reschedule.

ADA Kelly Cromer was in another courtroom; another aggravation for Mr Dagger who was complaining to the Judge that they could not find, so he used his famous line, "Let's trail it to another day!"*.The new date is 2/18 and again we will be there.

Craig the newspaper dude came up and started talking to us in the hall, about all the lies SB told, and how if she was abducted there would have had to be 2 people one to drive her car and one to follow in order for her to be in her car still 25 miles from the park. Her lack of emotion at the Park n Ride when she was loaded in the ambulance and why BB and her brother were there before the cops when the cops testified he was there within 3 mins of the call.**

BB kept coming out trying to listen in on what Craig, ANurse and I were talking about...he is flriggen strange!

(TGTwin was home with sick kiddo's)

I will have more to tell you on the 18th.

* Mr Dagger is a "One trick pony." I'm not sure why they don't reschedule when they know Judge Z will not be in court. But I'm sure sb enjoys her field trips. I wish they would get this show on the road!

"She told detectives that she awoke about 10:30 p.m., slumped over in the seat of her car at a Palmdale park-and-ride, and discovered Emma was missing. The mother's brother called authorities, and deputies were dispatched to the Avenue S Park-n-Ride."

"The mother's brother (Emma's Uncle Nick) called authorities, and deputies were dispatched to the park-and-ride lot. Deputies found the mother semiconscious and partly undressed with visible bruises on her head, Nelson said."

**This has been a small point of aggravation between Tori and me. There was one early news report that sb called 911. All the rest referred to a man or her brother. I'm guessing she didn't tell her brother on the phone about Emma. Nick arrived at the scene, found Emma missing and sb half dressed and appearing to be semi conscious. He immediately called 911. Who arrived on the scene within minutes.

Thanks to our friends, Toria, the good twin, and anurse, who took time out to attend another pretrial hearing in the case of California vs. Stacey M. Barker and update us on what happened in court.

February 18, was a busy day at the Antelope Valley (AV) Municipal Courthouse in Lancaster, CA. Three busloads of prisoners were brought over from the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood. (That&#8217;s a 90 mile drive.) The head count was short one prisoner, so nothing could begin until all of the prisoners were accounted for.

It was about an hour and a half before Stacey Barker was brought into the courtroom. Barker didn&#8217;t look very happy, her hair was down and disheveled and she had a mad face for everyone.

Superior Court Judge Hayden Zackey presided over this hearing. Deputy District Attorney (DDA) S. Kelly Cromer is representing the people and Stacey Barker is being represented by Public Defender (PD) Roberto F. Dager.
&#12288;
The hearing only lasted 20 minutes. Evidently some of the motions that were filed at the hearing on January 14 were dealt with during the in camera hearing held on January 28. There was no mention of the Pitchess Motion so that information must have been turned over in camera.

The Motion for Change of Venue was denied.* Judge Zackey said that he will keep the case in his court. Judge Zackey must have issued his order denying the motion earlier because PD Dager already seemed aware of the court&#8217;s ruling and added he expects the this case will go to trial soon. (no date set yet that we know of)

There was some discussion about discovery. At the January 14 hearing, the defense filed a motion for some discovery. The defense wanted a video made by the Field Investigation Service Unit (FISU) of the crime scene and also wanted raw notes or a written report from the FISU employees who made the video. It was determined during that hearing there are no raw notes or written report, however the state must have turned the video over.

We didn't hear what (if any) motions were filed by either party today, but wonder if the state filed a Discovery Motion for reports from expert witnesses. PD Dager told the court that Dr. Harry Bonnell, a Forensic Pathologist will testify there are tests that Dr. Ribe failed to perform on Emma that would change the cause and manner of death. DDA S. Kelly Cromer asked Dager what tests weren&#8217;t performed? Dager said. &#8220;I forget what tests he told me they were. Cromer continued to press for details about Dr. Bonnell&#8217;s testimony until Dager told the Judge, I forget what he said, I didn&#8217;t keep notes or write it down. Dager continued, The people can call him just like I did and he will tell her like he told me. I don't want to be like some LE who get up there and lie or make things up ( I think it is safe to say there is NO love loss between the parties here or at the very least they are both passionate about their opposing roles. LOL)

PD Dager informed the court he still doesn&#8217;t have the** &#8220;Ribe Box&#8221; that was requested in his Brady Motion filed on January 14. (I don&#8217;t have the state&#8217;s response to this statement by Dager, things can move fast in court ) PD Dager also told DDA Cromer he wants the raw notes from the coroner&#8217;s investigator. Cromer responded that any notes would be included on the Coroner&#8217;s report and the defense has that. Dager said no, he wants the raw notes. Cromer said she doesn&#8217;t know if there were any.

Mr. Dager asked Judge Zackey*** for permission to take his laptop into the jail. He said he has the Barker case on his laptop and he has evidence that he wants his client to see. The Judge said he didn&#8217;t mind if the defense took the laptop into the jail; however, it really isn&#8217;t up to the court, it&#8217;s up to the jail administrator. (The only new evidence that we know of is the observation report from the jail that Cromer said she would turn over to Dager. Possibly phone calls and/or video taken of visits or activity within the jail ???) ****

Hopefully all of these loose ends will be taken care of by the next scheduled hearing on March 8 so that a trial date can be set. Stay tuned.

March 19***** will mark the one year anniversary that Stacey Barker led police to her baby's body. Barker admitted she dumped Emma on the side of the freeway after Emma died the day before. The question of Emma's death being a murder (as the state contends) or accident (as Barker claims) is for the jury to decide. Barker remains held on a 1 million dollar bond. If convicted on the murder charge, Barker faces a maximum of 25 years to life in prison.

I wrote the piece from the last hearing, posted 2/14 - from Tori's notes, she noticed that it looked like I was "blaming" Craig for the comments regarding sb's lies, like needing 2 drivers etc. wanted to be clear that Nurse and Tori were making comments to him about the lies not vice versa.

I apologize I don't know why it didn't occur to me a long time ago to wrap T's story in quotes and add my thoughts below. But it finally happened, I'll try to stay consistent with it from now on. to keep things clear.

Again, thanks to Tori, Nurse & Twin for attending court! and sharing with us.

{copied with permission} And much thanks to my friend Kat (who wrote the piece, from the gangs notes) from katfishponders: http://katfishponders.blogspot.com

* So far, I have no doubt that Judge S will do an excellent job.

having given much thought to defense attorney's (or PDs) and the job they do over the last 2 years, I have tried very hard to think of them and write about them with due respect. But this little man - I haven't seen him in person yet, I am sure he is a little man - this little man pizzes me off more every time he opens his mouth. He shows no respect for the state. none.

** No doubt in my mind he has no clue what a Ribe box is or what it will or won't do for him...

*** I guess I spoke too soon regarding Dagger not keeping up with Jose Baez, I can just hear him whining at the jail, "but Judge Zacky said I can bring it in..." Get over it little man.

**** There is also the video made by LE of a "reenactment" of the crime scene, to me this would be a pretty powerful piece of evidence to show the jury (if they in fact do so) To let the jury see that there was no way in hades that sb accidently smothered her baby while playing peek a boo and driving down the freeway.. I'd love to be a fly on the wall, to observe sb's reaction to this little gem.

"The Discovery motion requests a video made by J. Collins and E. Edmonds of the Field Investigation Service Unit (FISU). PD Dager said they (the FISU) had done a measurement of the crime scene and in doing so had used Detective Nava as Stacey Barker."

***** I am working on a one year memorial piece. Please let me know if there is anything special, anyone wants added. I have a poem written by Twin last summer that will be included. Any others will be welcome....

Since they didn't bring it up I'm figuring no mention of the moronic, stupid bloggers was made but I have put the question to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i do not and will never understand, even if it was really an accident, or uninetional, how someone could dump there own child on the side of the road like a piece of garbage.

for that alone she should fry.

The girls were back in court Monday, at least as into the court as they were able to be. The hearing scheduled for 9am was already underway when they arrived at 8:15 and the room was packed.

Just before shutting down for the day PD Dager dropped a bomb asking to return later this month as he wants to put an offer on the table. No need to say how I feel about this as I've never been shy about sharing but just in case:

NO! I DO NOT WANT THE STATE TO ACCEPT A PLEA! WHEN DO THEY LISTEN TO WE THE PEOPLE? I DO NOT KNOW, BUT I DO KNOW IF THE PLEA IS CLOSE TO THE ONE THE STATE OFFERED A COUPLE MONTHS BACK, SB WILL BE OUT BEFORE SHE TURNS THIRTY.

Please don't be shy, add your feelings on the matter...

Sorry didn't mean to shout, but this feels all wrong to me, Emma was just starting her little life and full of potential when her mother (as she has told LEO) smothered her. Stole her life - since that time sb has appeared to feel she was given a new lease on her life. After all it was an accident and she knows per the poetry she put on her MySpace page her baby is now a flower in GODS garden. Apparently that is good with her... but it's not good with me.

State budget troubles be damned sb should not be allowed to walk free in this lifetime. She made her choice and she made Emma's too now she needs to pay for that decision.

The following was written by our good friend Kat from Katfishponders.

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com

The usual peeps were at the court house, Toria, TGT and Nurse. Thank you all ladies this would not be possible without all of you.

There was another pre-trial hearing in the Stacey Barker murder case, on Monday, March 8, 2010, at the Michael Antonovich Antelope Valley Courthouse in Lancaster, CA. Stacey Barker 25, is accused of smothering her daughter, 18 month old Emma Leigh Barker on March 18, 2009.

Stacey Barker initially told police Emma was abducted from her car in the parking lot of a Lancaster, CA park as they prepared to leave after playing at the park. She claimed she was knocked out by the kidnapper and woke up six hours later, several miles away, at the Palmdale Park-n-Ride. Detectives said Barker had injuries consistent with a struggle, including bruises on her head and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Authorities say Barker later admitted making up the abduction story and inflicting the wounds on herself. Twelve hours later, Barker led police to Emma’s body, dumped in a grassy lot near the Golden State Freeway in Sylmar, CA. Barker gave various statements to police as to how Emma died, ranging from an accident to an intentional suffocation. The one consistency to Barker's story was that she feared being blamed, causing her to panic and leave the girl's body near the freeway.

On April 27,2009, Barker was arrested and the charges filed against the young mother include murder, assault on a child causing death and child abuse. The complaint alleges that Barker willfully caused and permitted the child to be injured and harmed and that injury resulted in death. Barker formally entered a not guilty plea to all counts on August 12, 2009.

Friends of katfish ponders, who live in the AV, have been attending the hearings and any "in the courtroom" reports are based on information they have shared...so here we go..... Due to budget constraints the court had closed on Friday, so when they arrived at the courthouse early Monday morning there was a half hour wait in line, just to get into the courthouse.

Tori said that even though they made it to the courtroom about a quarter past eight (court doesn't usually start until nine) Stacey Barker's hearing was already under way. Tori couldn't get into the courtroom, but was able to watch from the ante chamber. A and TGT were able to get in, but the courtroom was standing room only. It seems court had already been on and off the record in Barker's hearing.

When they arrived, Stacey was already sitting at the defense table and Judge Hayden Zackey was just taking his seat at the bench as he said ,"We will go back on the record". Zackey said that he consulted with the head Judge and he wants to try to keep the trial in his courtroom, but due to the cutbacks he does not know if that is going to happen, but emphasized again he would try. Zackey added he would like the trial to begin by April 5, 2010. (Unfortunately we couldn't find out what happened before the girls got there, but it couldn't be much as the courthouse opens at eight.)

Public Defender Roberto Dager tells the court he wants to trail the hearing again until 3/22, adding that's 14 of 30. Judge Zackey said, "What is it you want to come back for on that date? I don't want to keep bringing Ms. Barker back and forth if I don't have to. " (Barker is housed at the Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, it's a 90 mile drive from the jail to the court one way. Given the current budget constraints, that seems like a good idea doesn't it.)

PD Dager and Deputy District Attorney S. Kelly Cromer huddled together talking and then Dager said "We are going to put an offer on the table." Zackey said, "Okay, we will come back on the 22nd, that will give the lead Deputy time to review it. If we go to trial, we can still start by April 5, that will give Ms. Cromer time to do her other case." Kelly Cromer said she expected that case to be resolved quickly.

Dager asked his client's file not be sent down yet, adding he wanted her to stay there so they could talk. And that was it for now. This case appears to be advancing one way or the other.

For the first time since the events of that day came out in court, sb's parents were in the court room, BB was not in the court Monday. I think the lines were drawn. sb's grandfather was there as always but didn't make it into the courtroom.

One of the girls commented that Mrs Barker never even looked at sb. I am so sorry for the pain the Barkers have. A grandmother who so loved her little grand daughter that she worked nights so she the baby never went to day care. I do hope she finds some comfort that Emma is in a good place. But I kinda doubt it.

I'm still planning on being in CA at the time we expected the trial to start, I just hope it isn't all over before I get there.

I want to thank everyone of you who have followed this case - Just like Caylee, Emma has touched my heart. No matter what I'll never forget her or those people who cared for her ~ During her brief life and since that life was stolen.

:rose:
picture.php
:rose:
+:+:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:rose:+:+:+:+:+​
~ September 2, 2007 ~ March 18, 2009 ~

~ Sweet Angel ~
~ You are in my thoughts everyday ~ You will live on in the hearts of everyone who loves you ~
~ Those who knew you here ~ Those of us looking forward to meeting you in Heaven ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Precious Little One ~
~An Angel You were Born ~ An Angel You Will Always Be ~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member