Anthonys want autopsy results sealed AND ALL Autopsy Updates

Should the Anthonys have a say about the autopsy results being sealed?

• Yes - they are justified and should have a say in it

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • No - they shouldn't have a say in it

Votes: 505 91.7%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
19; jm changed to a no after reading the arguments presented in the thread. Since photos are not going to be released, I don't understand how the clinical examination of the sparse remains is disrespectful. I've asked a few times but so far haven't gotten a response. Will you explain how the written report is disrespectful to Caylee? TIA

Each one of us has our own personal take on such things. I'm speaking from where I view the subject. The LAST thing I want to think about is an autopsy and the details of how Caylee's remains were found. However, I've met friends on WS that are in the medical field who have a more professional interest in remains.

If we were all in a room together and someone was reading the autopsy results out loud, I'd be the one doubling over. I can't hardly handle putting "remains" and "Caylee" together. Although GA was totally RUDE in his depo when he was upset about the attorneys discussing Caylee's remains, I did understand how uncomfortable it was to hear the words.

Hope I typed that so you could understand where I'm coming from...I have a hard time explaining this tactfully. :silenced:

If this autopsy release is going to cause the A's "anguish", they don't have to read the released docs. Problem solved.

I'm still catching up and only on page two, but I just wanted to offer a different perspective.

I would've clicked 'thanks' on a lot of posts, but I'm struggling with a different thought.

I'm as curious as everyone else to read the report, and you know I will.

That said, I really don't have a problem with the report being held back for a little while. At least right now.

We're coming up on the anniversary of Caylee's murder in mere days.

I'm not thinking about the Anthony's motivations.

I think of Shirley P.

I think of Christina who loved that baby, "KC if anything happened to Caylee, I will just die!"

I think of JG, who was willing to be a father to Caylee.

For those people and others too numerous to list, I am relieved that they'll just have what they already have on their plates to deal with emotionally in the next few weeks.

The timing right now is 'NOW' for us in our anger and dismay with some of the case players, but for other people who've lost so much, I'm just fine with the reports being stayed for a while.

Let those people who loved and cherished Caylee have a break, if only for a while. It'll come out, but perhaps right now is not the ideal time.

*donning kevlar*

**btw, my vote was 'NO'*

PotatoHead, that was a very thoughtful post. I agree, 100%. Btw, I think you can do away with the Kevlar...you won't need it.

Don't know if this has been posted...

According to her assistant, Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia included results of toxicology and anthropology tests done on Caylee's remains.

Now, her assistant confirmed to WESH 2 that toxicology and anthropology tests on the remains are back and are part of Garavaglia's 20-to-30-page autopsy report.

More at link...

http://www.wesh.com/news/19724301/detail.html

I don't care about what other people think about it. I hope it will bring the victim back as the victim(CAYLEE). Not CINDY,GEORGE,LEE and THE ACCUSED KILLER!

According to her assistant, Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia included results of toxicology and anthropology tests done on Caylee's remains.

Now, her assistant confirmed to WESH 2 that toxicology and anthropology tests on the remains are back and are part of Garavaglia's 20-to-30-page autopsy report.

More at link...

I saw that too and wonder does that mean it is part of the autopsy report and we won't see it until it is released?

I saw that too and wonder does that mean it is part of the autopsy report and we won't see it until it is released?

If you check the Forensic Astrology Forum, it is posted that the tox reports will still be released.

ORLANDO, Fla. -- George and Cindy Anthony succeeded on Thursday in the effort to at least temporarily block the release of granddaughter Caylee Anthony's autopsy report.

The report was slated to be released on Friday along with about 1,000 pages of evidence.

The Anthonys argued that the release of the autopsy results would cause the family great distress.

Judge Stan Strickland is expected to hold a hearing on the matter next week.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19733319/detail.html

Conway filed the motion on behalf of George and Cindy to restrict the autopsy release, because he wants the results either during trial or a hearing so that a coroner can explain them. Conway also says George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results by their own choice.

The documents that will be released Friday will contain Caylee's toxicology results and police interviews. WFTV.com will work to post the documents as soon as they become available

http://www.wftv.com/news/19725145/detail.html

----------
Yes the defense did and I hope the Judge keeps that in mind. :prayer:
They shouldn't have the right anyway,Caylee is not their child. They are not her closest relative, as in crumball.:loser:

They wanted the media to have access - OR they wanted access to the media - then the defense and the As are all over TV. They whine and cry foul when discoveery is released (NOT leaked) and, I guess, hope everyone forgets they asked for it.
:doh:

It states, in the WFTV article, that George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results...why am I having trouble believing that ? If they really have not seen the reports, I don't understand the amount of protest over the release. IMHO, they HAVE seen these reports. I also don't buy the excuse that the release will cause "anguish" for Cindy and George...this is once again about Casey, Cindy and George (did I mention the Foundation ?).

More at link...

I can't believe the autopsy report is 20-30 pages. Now the Anthony's are claiming they never read them.

Well, at my local clerk's office, it's $1 per page. Period. To have the documents certified is an extra $1 per page. Even though your post presented this info as a fact, rather than a theory or guess, as I responded, it sounded highly improbable to me so I called the clerk's office at 407-836-2000 and was told they charge $1 per page, period. I wasn't able to speak with anyone in the criminal department to confirm what those charges were actually for because they were closed for the day by the time I called. But, at $1 per page, as I suspected, there wasn't nearly enough collected to account for all the discovery that has been released.

You're right it is $1.00 per page here for copies at the Clerk's office. However, and maybe I missed your point, most of the discovery turned over to the defense from the State is given over straight away with no fees. The State makes copies and simply sends it over. The $1.00 per page is for the public (or non-party) requesting the copies.

Now, if you're talking about say, an accident report from a Police department and you're the one requesting the report, well, sure you'll have to pay that entity their fee for the report. Further, if you request someone else's depo (like Baez or the State may from Morgan and Morgan's civil cases) you will have to pay for a copy of the report. But, I would think and unless I am brain-dead this morning, when you're a defendant and the State is using something against you (or your client) you get the documents from the State free of charge.

Am I right?

And if you're thinking about the "tips" from the Police Department (remember all the psychic tips about where Caylee's body was located) that Baez requested, the reason he had to pay for those is because he asked for ALL THE TIPS called into the police and crimeline and they had to compile those for him. Those tips weren't going to be used in court at the time so they were not already compiled.

If the State is using an autopsy report of Caylee against Casey, I would think that report was copied and sent to Baez's office with no charges. Now, if Joe Q. Public wants a copy of said autopsy report he will pay for it.

wouldn't autopsy results be released under normal circumstances?
I voted no.....because it seems like another request for special treatmet. :banghead:

Casey Anthony caused her family great distress, not any law enforcement or laws that were put in place to stand up for victims !!!! :furious:

It states, in the WFTV article, that George and Cindy have not seen the autopsy results...why am I having trouble believing that ? If they really have not seen the reports, I don't understand the amount of protest over the release. IMHO, they HAVE seen these reports. I also don't buy the excuse that the release will cause "anguish" for Cindy and George...this is once again about Casey, Cindy and George (did I mention the Foundation ?).

:confused:I just don't understand. If Cindy and George are the Guardians of Caylee's remains wouldn't they be one of the first to get this report besides LE, Defense, and SA? How can they claim they have not seen it? If they have not seen it why are they so adamant that the release of the results will devastated them? From all we knew they did not have a cause of death back in Dec. So has that now changed? "IMO" it did that is what put the DP back on the table. Now, I don't think they should release any type of photos regarding the autopsy, but they should release the report. I have a bad feeling that it won't be. For some reason the judge seems to have a lot of compassion for the Anthony's. I can't wait until some of that compassion is shared with the fact that the only victim here is Caylee.:behindbar

I don't care about what other people think about it. I hope it will bring the victim back as the victim(CAYLEE). Not CINDY,GEORGE,LEE and THE ACCUSED KILLER!

Excellent point! More focus needs to be on Caylee.

You're right it is $1.00 per page here for copies at the Clerk's office. However, and maybe I missed your point, most of the discovery turned over to the defense from the State is given over straight away with no fees. The State makes copies and simply sends it over. The $1.00 per page is for the public (or non-party) requesting the copies.

Now, if you're talking about say, an accident report from a Police department and you're the one requesting the report, well, sure you'll have to pay that entity their fee for the report. Further, if you request someone else's depo (like Baez or the State may from Morgan and Morgan's civil cases) you will have to pay for a copy of the report. But, I would think and unless I am brain-dead this morning, when you're a defendant and the State is using something against you (or your client) you get the documents from the State free of charge.

Am I right?

And if you're thinking about the "tips" from the Police Department (remember all the psychic tips about where Caylee's body was located) that Baez requested, the reason he had to pay for those is because he asked for ALL THE TIPS called into the police and crimeline and they had to compile those for him. Those tips weren't going to be used in court at the time so they were not already compiled.

If the State is using an autopsy report of Caylee against Casey, I would think that report was copied and sent to Baez's office with no charges. Now, if Joe Q. Public wants a copy of said autopsy report he will pay for it.

Everything you posted is entirely correct :) :blowkiss:

The defense would have received the autopsy report in discovery. All anyone from the defense has to do is show it to GA and CA (or Brad Conway for him to 'essplain it to his clients).

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member