State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information everyone. I was thinking of a separate FAX machine, as we use at work on a separate phone line, not an all-in-one that could be programmed through the computer, etc. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he could have somehow figured out how to call the cell phone himself, to create what he'd think would be a perfect alibi. However, in all electronic communications, something is always there.......

MOO

Would evidence of that show up on the computer though?

If he used a Fax application he would need to go in and delete the history and probably an associated tmp file.

The other option, which he should have had the knowledge to do, is set up a call or script a call directly from the command line on his laptop. If he did this he could answer the phone and keep the call connected until he hung up. As far as history on the computer I would guess a computer systems person could find it if they knew specifically to look for it. Not completely sure about how easy that would be.

If the state had the phone evidence, don't you think they would have played that card today? Send the jury home for the weekend with the evidence showing BC manipulated the phone (or fax) to call his cell phone. Or at least give scenarios of exactly how he could have done it, even though the systems don't have a history to track - or something like that.

Regarding the timeline, to me 1:00 has to work for a slam-dunk guilty verdict. Makes sense - NC got home, fight ensued, things got out of hand, etc. I even wonder if BC didn't mean to do it. Things escalated, she was injured, and then he knew he was up a creek. She would certainly have him prosecuted for DV and then he'd really have a problem with the divorce, etc. As a result, in a moment's thought, he decided to kill her.

Now, the above certainly could have happened at 4. Kid wakes up, both parents wake up, nasty comments are exchanged, and then it goes down hill like the 1:00 scenario above.

From a defense perspective, he did not know that she wore the green dress to the party. He stated it was a black dress. He did ALL the laundry. His reason is because he knew that Nancy was mad about the condition of the house and he was trying to make her happy. BUT, he did say originally that Nancy was the one that started the laundry and noticed that they needed detergent and he went back to the store. Later he said he was doing the laundry and ran out so went to get more.

How do we know that he really did all that laundry? I do think he washed the green/teal dress - and that man knew what she had worn -the black dress thing is bs and he did try to mislead JA (was it JA?).

I think he may have put the "laundry" all around to possibly look like the good husband and maybe to give himself an alibi. Do we know how much Tide was left in the container he bought? Why did he care about the laundry -- unless it was his?? NC is dead, so why should he care?

How do we know that he really did all that laundry? I do think he washed the green/teal dress - and that man knew what she had worn -the black dress thing is bs and he did try to mislead JA (was it JA?).

I think he may have put the "laundry" all around to possibly look like the good husband and maybe to give himself an alibi. Do we know how much Tide was left in the container he bought? Why did he care about the laundry -- unless it was his?? NC is dead, so why should he care?

It was Diana Duncan that said that he said it was a black dress. Apparently he told the police it was a blue dress. I don't know the answer to the rest of the questions. I thought there was some testimony from Jessica Adam that there was a stack of folded laundry when she was there on Friday but I'm not sure about that. What I heard and what I read in affidavits is beginning to run together.

I'm sure he was doing laundry.

He probably washed sheets, towels (i.e. things that may have been soiled or used to clean up a mess), along with clothes. I bet he used a lot of towels to aid the cleanup. In his depo he said he did a bunch of loads of laundry. There were lots of jeans air drying over the banister upstairs...jeans that were not there on 7/11 at 5pm.

Do we know for sure whether the white sheet they spoke of was found with the body, or used to cover her after they found her?

Do we know for sure whether the white sheet they spoke of was found with the body, or used to cover her after they found her?

I am almost positive that it was used to cover her after she was discovered. I don't remember reading anywhere that a sheet was found where her body was found.

He probably washed sheets, towels (i.e. things that may have been soiled or used to clean up a mess), along with clothes. I bet he used a lot of towels to aid the cleanup. In his depo he said he did a bunch of loads of laundry. There were lots of jeans air drying over the banister upstairs...jeans that were not there on 7/11 at 5pm.

It did look to me like there were no sheets on that bed that you can see in the room where the T.V. stand was in front of the door.

I haven't caught up to the last pages here, yet.

About Nancy's possibly vomiting: Lots of questions, and remember, I don't live, eat and sleep this stuff, so I might sound stupid...

If I were strangled, I think I might vomit somewhere in the process.

After I died, I'm sure I'd lose control of my bowels and bladder, b/c that's easy enough to do when I'm alive, and I'm not trying to be funny, b/c radiation tmts. did that to me. She had Crohn's disease and alcohol was not on the list of things to consume, but she over-consumed it. Doesn't everything "lose control" (bowels, bladder, vomiting) once you are dead?

If she died in that house, there must have been bodily fluids from the death. They could've been on the bedding, floor, clothing. Would the K9 dog be able to smell that after the floors were cleaned, after the clothes were washed?

As to the poor delivery of Cummings (his lack of peppy style)...don't they notice things like that (the prosecution team) and try to get someone else who is better at this? Can't they at least be tipped off that WS people are discussing that? Might put him in a higher gear!

Also, remember when Brad went to the HT and it appeared that a shirt collar was sticking out of his jacket, but wasn't it missing on the other trip?

And shoes. Did he wear the same shoes in each trip to HT, in the video?

What did someone mean about "Gary Rentz is breaking my heart" today? Was he crying or what?

Thanks.

There was testimony about the body and pictures shown to the jury. He had his head in his hands since he was visible on camera. I can't imagine sitting there and listening to someone talk about the insects eating my daughter.

He did not wear the same shoes to HT. The defense discussed this in opening. Their reasoning is that he always took his shoes off in the house. He took them off at the front door when he came home the first time, then went through the garage to take out trash the 2nd time and slipped on the shoes or flip flops (whatever they were) on the 2nd trip.

Yes but Brad *had* a Cisco system in his home and he could have used it to do something to spoof the calls and switch the phones around. He had the technology and the knowledge. Even if he didn't have the VOIP system plugged in on 7/11, he very well could have the morning of 7/12.

The Vtech phones are just wireless phones. It's the underlying VOIP software that controls what one can do in the way of spoofing calls (not the phone itself).

The news reports said records showed the call was made from the landline. No idea what those records are, but if they are from the company providing them landline service, that would be very damaging to the prosecution.

But a big point you are missing is that the VoIP call would still need to travel over a network to get to the cell phone. It is traveling over multiple networks, different types of networks, different carriers, etc. It is not as simple as 'Oh here's an IP Phone, I'm going to slap it on this network and spoof a call"

Correct. And the defense said during opening statements that Cisco searched everyone of their networks and found no indication that this had taken place.

Now this makes a LOT more sense than all the VoIP hoodoo-voodoo that is floating around. This would be easy, VoIP spoof REALLY hard and REALLY easily traceable.

Of course, they would have to find something that could do this. We'll see if the prosecution brings in a fax machine or something else to do this. I still think these calls will determine the outcome of this trial.

The news reports said records showed the call was made from the landline

These assertions are coming from the defense's opening, not from any independent testimony. Since it's been shown that the defense is 'creative' with their conclusions, I don't count their reporting of what was or wasn't found...not until I hear testimony.

Of course, they would have to find something that could do this. We'll see if the prosecution brings in a fax machine or something else to do this. I still think these calls will determine the outcome of this trial.

I hope and pray somebody from the DA's office is reading these posts. I have lost a lot of confidence in the prosecutors at this point in the trial. I realize it's still early and, hopefully, next week this time we'll be doing high fives because of several slam dunks they produce.

There was testimony about the body and pictures shown to the jury. He had his head in his hands since he was visible on camera. I can't imagine sitting there and listening to someone talk about the insects eating my daughter.

I agree. Decomposition in the hot July open air is not something that anyone, much less loved ones, wants to hear about.,,,especially in such graphic detail.

There were lots of jeans air drying over the banister upstairs...jeans that were not there on 7/11 at 5pm.

This sticks out to me. I saw that picture of wet clothes hanging over the banister. Do you all think Nancy did that regularly? It would ruin the finish on the wood...not a good idea if you were planning to put the house on the market. Plus, it just seems like something a guy who never really does laundry would do.

I hope and pray somebody from the DA's office is reading these posts. I have lost a lot of confidence in the prosecutors at this point in the trial. I realize it's still early and, hopefully, next week this time we'll be doing high fives because of several slam dunks they produce.

They have a lot more information on that phone call (I certainly hope so anyway!) They didn't bring it up with the UC officer because he isn't the one to deal with it. The defense team knew that when they brought it up with this witness. I'm sure we'll be hearing about it again with a prosecution expert witness.

Unless I am mistaken he had at least a work laptop that could have easily been used.

These assertions are coming from the defense's opening, not from any independent testimony. Since it's been shown that the defense is 'creative' with their conclusions, I don't count their reporting of what was or wasn't found...not until I hear testimony.

No, those were reports from ABC concerning todays testimony of the UC. Since none of us were there, I don't know what to believe. But the ABC noon report did say phone records showed the calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288