TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Social media push' was how Grateful Dead Fan was identified.

See thread by that name in that forum. Was exciting to follow that as it happened...

I agree, Kate! The Grateful Doe push was amazing to see, and solved the case after over 20 years. Is it worth seeing if Lori's photo's could be posted on their FB page as a starting point? I know it was Reddit that made it go viral, but I would have no idea how to start the ball rolling on there...

I agree, Kate! The Grateful Doe push was amazing to see, and solved the case after over 20 years. Is it worth seeing if Lori's photo's could be posted on their FB page as a starting point? I know it was Reddit that made it go viral, but I would have no idea how to start the ball rolling on there...

I don't know anything about Reddit yet, but a WSer just posted Stepanie Warne's case in three subreddits, hoping to get some tips. I will let her know about this thread and see if she's interested.

Imgur...recall it started there and quickly moved to reddit.

IIRC, maybe? first lead came from Imgur

Interested Peeps should take a look at that thread -see how it all started

Ok Lenard makes sense! I was thinking geez- that is a misunderstanding or someone is full of it... Wasn't sure what to do with that idea!

It is spelled Leonard. She attended the church in Dallas BEFORE moving there. She met Blake at the Dallas church. They BOTH moved to Leonard after they married. ( new church) Leonard is north east of Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are only 30 minutes from McKinney in Leonard. I work in Dallas. We could meet in McKinney and tell stories. Both Denny and I were there at the beginning and know all the initial details. The Idaho ID was in the safe. I never saw the note but Denny may have. She left the duplicate note in the SUV that she was found in as well as her house. Suicide note was made out to her daughter. Direct cut and paste from the guys text to me. The town is Leonard NOT the other spelling.
c661da06e4eaa5e6d97a2282a40e6b03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if there are some posts missing, but I can't even find a town spelled Lenard. Please would someone clarify where the confusion has come from?

I don't know if there are some posts missing, but I can't even find a town spelled Lenard. Please would someone clarify where the confusion has come from?

The confusion came from me. My sisters last name is Lenard and I continually spell the name of the town wrong. Don't ask me why because I don't know! The bad thing about it is that I may slip up again. LOL!

Anyone else find it startling that there is a 6102 mockingbird lane just around the bend from Blake's parents house. Im beginning to think thatsome of this story has been played down .. that they possible knew Lori before the church .

if this isnt new info please forgive me,lol.

wow. yall are messing this ALL up.
There are 2 churches.
The first, Northwest Bible Church in Dallas is where they MET. Lori attended and Blake attended. I am assuming Blake lived in Dallas before he married Lori. Lori was also living in DALLAS.
They got married.
They moved to LEONARD TX, where they started attending a NEW church IN LEONARD. NOT the old one in Dallas. There is NO connection to anything in Houston except that she got her Passport there.

The NEW church they attended was First Baptist Church of Leonard with Pastor Denny Gorena.

For those interested in Reddit, I (and some others) have started a subreddit for Lori. We are interested in doing a big work up for r/unresolvedmysteries, and maybe expanding.

That's the r/unresolvedmysteries subreddit. The r/loriruff subreddit has just been started, not much development on it. It's private right now but I may talk to the other mods and we could open it up if there'd be enough interest (which I assume there would be)

For those interested in Reddit, I (and some others) have started a subreddit for Lori. We are interested in doing a big work up for r/unresolvedmysteries, and maybe expanding.

Why not tell us what the subreddit is? I can't find a Lori Kennedy subreddit. N/M they posted right before I did.

And thanks Linda. I was wondering what in the world was going on with people talking about Lenard and Spring.

For those of you who've had contact with the Ruffs I wonder if it's worth contacting the family (or neighbour / pastor) again to let them know the story might be about to go viral? They might just prefer to keep control of it and release an official statement to avoid Lori being splashed all over social media.

For those of you who've had contact with the Ruffs I wonder if it's worth contacting the family (or neighbour / pastor) again to let them know the story might be about to go viral? They might just prefer to keep control of it and release an official statement to avoid Lori being splashed all over social media.

I would suspect that they are either watching these boards or have someone watching so they know what's going on. IMO. Or, they are simply prepared for it. Let's just hope that her baby girl is protect and well taken care of and out of the public eye. I have a feeling the Ruffs will shut it down quickly. Just my opinion.

I would suspect that they are either watching these boards or have someone watching so they know what's going on. IMO. Or, they are simply prepared for it. Let's just hope that her baby girl is protect and well taken care of and out of the public eye. I have a feeling the Ruffs will shut it down quickly. Just my opinion.

I hope they realise that if this does "go viral" their lives could become even more uncomfortable with more people asking questions and digging into the family history. In my opinion the only way they can make all this all stop is to confirm what the situation is regards Lori's identification. It's not going to go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater