IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my DD was old enough to babysit, she was the only one in our subdivision who was. She kept her schedule on the calendar next to the phone and also a list of her "customers" phone numbers. I was always home when she sat. One evening I got home from work, she already had plans made way ahead to attend a bday party. My son said he was going to make some money, he was to babysit three little girls because she was not home. Oh no, you are not - and it was very close to the time the mother was to leave. I called her and said she would have to bring the kids to my house. She thought I was silly but did bring them, son had to color with them, watch cartoons with them, but I was here and watched them too. From then on he was instructed why he was not to accept any more babysitting jobs - he made his money by doing yard work. Of course he thought my protecting him was silly but now that he is grown, glad I did. Protecting our kids covers everything in their lives.

My mother was the SAME way with my brothers. She didn't actually have a reason to worry, but used to say that she did not want one, either. As mothers (and fathers) we have to keep our eyes open...at all times! I am very paranoid when it comes to my 3-year-old daughter....:heartluv:

What kind of response when finding out your GOD DAUGHTER is found dead, May she rest in Peace with Grandfather and angels. Uhm, he was a convicted child molester! Then when I have read that she had on dress that she wore to grandfathers funeral on the last time she was seen and Aliahna wanted to sleep in Grandfather's chair that he was in. I'm getting SICK to my stomache! This is what's NORM to these families?

About the dress. I understand she was supposed to go to a birthday party. Was it the day she was reported missing? Didn't anyone notice she wasn't there prior to the 8 or so PM call? I wonder about the other sisters and if they were invited too.

And did mom send the dress with her for the "week" babysitting jaunt? Think about it. You're realllyyyy sick and think you need to send your kids away for "a few days -- whatever". But do you think "I better send this dress with her" because she has a birthday party to go to at the end of the week! So close to Christmas.

What - were these little girls gonna move in with him permanently? Was mommy even expecting them back for Christmas? Any gifts under the tree?

I'm so baffled at all this nonsense!!

MOO

Mel

I guess it wasn't put off until next week.........hmmmmmm.

About the dress. I understand she was supposed to go to a birthday party. Was it the day she was reported missing? Didn't anyone notice she wasn't there prior to the 8 or so PM call? I wonder about the other sisters and if they were invited too.

And did mom send the dress with her for the "week" babysitting jaunt? Think about it. You're realllyyyy sick and think you need to send your kids away for "a few days -- whatever". But do you think "I better send this dress with her" because she has a birthday party to go to at the end of the week! So close to Christmas.

What - were these little girls gonna move in with him permanently? Was mommy even expecting them back for Christmas? Any gifts under the tree?

MOO

Mel

I have a feeling that dress is the only dressy outfit she had. And I'm not slamming here, it's sometimes just a side effect of big families. Ali was the oldest girl, as far as I know, and sometimes that just happens. My oldest son's clothes are handed down as soon as he outgrows them, and when he hits a growth spurt, his little brother is set for clothes, but he will end up with like three shirts and two pairs of pants, until I get to the store to buy him a few more.

Maybe MP was a stickler about the girls always looking nice, I've seen that with some molesters...my father would put all of his daughter's in dresses all the time. He was adamant that the girls always "take care of themselves" and "look nice" even when we were very young. Just my thoughts on why she sent the dress, even though it seemed unnecessary.

Or possibly, it was just Ali's favorite outfit. Or maybe the kids were quite used to spending a week or so with Uncle Mike and grandpa, and were pros at packing their own bags for the stay, and Ali packed it herself.

ETA: I don't have the link, but I think I read in an article that all of Ali's gifts were left under the tree...of course that was before her mother decided that reminders of Ali were "too painful" and sent all her stuff to storage. I doubt they are still under the tree.

No. Patty is still waiting on hearing back from reporter on his statement previously that it may have been misreporting.

K ... I still see him referred to as a RSO .. just wondered if I missed something..

Can't wait to see the formal charges ... ugh..

I guess it wasn't put off until next week.........hmmmmmm.

Only his official hearing was pushed to next week. They said yesterday that he would still be formally charged today and have those charges read to him at the jail. He just won't be brought into court to stand for those charges until next week.

Personally, I think they pushed the hearing back due to the need for increased security. They need time to secure him, his route, and all areas of the court. MOO.

Michael L. Plumadore, 39, is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse and removing a body from the scene of a suspicious death “with intent to hinder a criminal investigation.”

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/NEWS/111239965

Plumadore is expected to appear in court again next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. Some sources indicated Aliahna's sisters had been placed in protective custody, but that could not be officially confirmed. McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

MOO

Mel

MP lived two doors down, any clothing they wanted they could have gone and got any time, there was no need to pack for a week imo. But maybe she wore the dress all the time.

I always thought that the birthday party was supposed to be on Friday when she was reported missing but I could be wrong. I don't think it's been clarified for whom and when and where it was supposed to be. After 8 pm is kinda late imo to begin thinking about going to a children's party. Everything my kids have been invited to started 6 pm at the latest. Was it a children's party or something for mostly adults?

I think if others are involved then Michael Plumadore will speak so he won't get death penalty. Too many coincidences of different players involved knowing MP when they are even in different states. So glad FBI is involved! Do we know when Grandma and Step Grandpa came to FortWayne from Florida?

Michael L. Plumadore, 39, is charged with murder, abuse of a corpse and removing a body from the scene of a suspicious death “with intent to hinder a criminal investigation.”

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20111230/NEWS/111239965

Plumadore is expected to appear in court again Wednesday. Some sources indicated Aliahna's sisters had been placed in protective custody, but that could not be officially confirmed. McAlexander would not rule out the possibility that others could also be charged in connection with her death.

OMG...this makes me think that others are involved JMO. Only because in cases where there is only one suspect, the investigators in charge usually just say that there are no other suspects.

Agree 100%. If they have the only suspect or the only perpetrator in custody, the police will usually come right out and say that, because it calms and comforts the community. It also cuts down on the instances of "I think there's someone in my back yard" calls, if the people feel safer again.

Something bigger is in the works. I just don't know how much bigger.

MOO

Mel

I missed the part that Ali was suppose to go to a birthday party. Where can I read this information? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks