JP Causes Controversy At Son's School

armywife

Reaction score
PUYALLUP - It's been 9 months since his wife disappeared under mysterious circumstances and questions still surround Josh Powell. But, it's what he plans to do at his son's school that has some parents concerned.

Powell's been surrounded in suspicion for the last nine months since his wife Susan Cox vanished from her Utah home. But, he seems to be moving on with his life. He's living in Puyallup sending his son to school and even signing up for the PTA, although that's not going over well with fellow parents.

Husband Of Missing Utah Woman Causes Controversy At Their Son's School

I was just asking a friend last week what would happen if this came up, but I was thinking more in terms of him volunteering in the school. Joining the PTA is different than being a volunteer in the classroom. I'm not a PTA member, but I do volunteer often in the classroom. So while he can join the PTA, I certainly hope he doesn't start volunteering in the classroom. I don't think there is anything the school can do at this point to prevent it.

interesting....im not sure what to think about this. it doesnt sound like something i would have guessed he would want to do based on the way he has behaved in the past...

If Josh Powell had a sincere concern for being involved in his kids' lives in a positive way, he would tell the truth about his involvement in their mother's murder and be a model of repentance by throwing himself to the mercy of the court. He would not fight Susan's parents and sister for custody. He would allow those poor motherless children to have a chance to grow up in a home with people who are not filled with rampant sociopathy and hatred for women, including their sweet mother.

I'm betting that Josh has pulled this stunt on the advice of a lawyer who is following the standard recipe for "how to increase a man's chances keeping custody of his kids when he finally gets charged with premeditated murder". :loser:Josh is trying to give the appearance of being an involved and responsible father. Pretty much transparent, IMO.

The easy solution is to take his $10.00 membership fee and have every parent and grandparent sign up as a volunteer. With volunteers aplenty, have the teachers and room parents first call upon parents who have volunteered in the past since they've already passed background checks, then take the list in alphabetical order. If enough parents sign up and show up, they will never make it to letter "P".

I really thought he would be arrested before school started so this wouldn't be an issue. It is unsettling to have him in the same school as my child.

"Our PTA membership is open to anyone who would like to join and is interested in helping the children of Carson Elementary reach their full potential. All of our volunteers are required to complete the background check through the School District before volunteering."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-090710-joshpowellpta,0,5212987.story

I really feel for the parents at that school.

Maybe so he can helicopter over his children.
JP doesn't like them out of his control area.
JP not working? Didn't start up some business adventure?
I sure wish Susan like many other young moms that vanish could
be found!

"Our PTA membership is open to anyone who would like to join and is interested in helping the children of Carson Elementary reach their full potential. All of our volunteers are required to complete the background check through the School District before volunteering."

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-090710-joshpowellpta,0,5212987.story

I really feel for the parents at that school.

full background check should be enough for the association to say "SORRY!
You are not accepted at this time!"

I've seen some online comments on some of the Facebook groups saying that maybe Josh did this on purpose...applied to the PTA, "let it slip" to a neighbor, the neighbor had a fit and called the media. Maybe now Josh can yank son from school and pull the "wounded parent" act, saying "I tried to put son in school, but you all caused this...now look what you've done. I will have to keep him home with me."

If son does stay in school...I sure hope his teacher pays attention to anything he says!!

Schools have mandated reporters; good place for son to be.

Please remember that it is against WS TOS to use a minor's name in a post, unless that minor is a missing child.

If you see a minor's name in a post, please hit the alert button.

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

Bumpity bump. Anyone heard anything on how Susan's boys are doing? Are they actually in school?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back