2011.05.20 On a Scale of 1 to 10 How do you Feel About this Jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was stunned at what they were about to do. Everyone That should of told them what they were about to do was absolutely flipping wrong. One day if Ms. Anthony re-offends these jurors are going to carry a boat load of guilt.

they will not. cognitive dissonance and suchlike. read the end of the article, he says after reading afterwards he'd now go for manslaughter. they CANT for their own sakes admit how stupid and wrong they were.

dear jurors:

I know some of you, perhaps all of you, read here or will read here. so please, and I might well speak for a great many other WSers, PLEASE do NOT speak ANYMORE. what is done is done but as you value your sanity so we all value ours - STOP affirming what we already know. NOTHING you can say will EVER take back what you have done. you can only cause more criticism and bad feelings by speaking out. please. with a cherry on top. never speak publicly again.

sincerely,

2gf

am i the only one stunned that these comments dont warrant investigation of misconduct? how the heck does one person say gee i'll go with the herd. i cant convince them. thats what hung jurys are for!!!!!!!!!! that guy (i think it was #2)should have stuck to his beliefs and not just gave in. WTH?????

Follow me ... it won't hurt a bit ...

Attachments

• sheep.jpg
    sheep.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 28
I still HATE them with every fibre of my being. And they are NOT doing nothing to prove to me that I am wrong in my assumptions about them. In fact they are PROVING, BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT, that I was UTTERLY right about them.

See? I am all CAPSY again! And its NEVER good when I get CAPSY!

These statements are why we do not have to respect the jury, or their decisions. Accept yes, respect, never. I have never heard such worthless reasoning and gross stupidity and moral weakness in my life. Not one of them stood up and did the right thing, instead they did the lazy, expeditious thing. It was a total waste of time and money to even have this trial since it was all geared to this pack of dead losses and their hopeless decision-making. 'Stunned' is an understatement, they all sound concussed.

the comments from people mag are even worse. everyone is saying how the jury followed the law. hmmm i don't see how "ok whatever u want i guess i'll aquit too" is following the law.

Really? From what I'm reading there are one or two of the same people saying that but 90% of the commenters are still outraged at the jury.

I dont hate the Jurors. I hate what they did. They claim they did their job? Their job was to listen to all the evidence and base their decision on such. It seems they ignored the evidence that pointed to CA. Yet they chose to question George despite not one shred of evidence. George wasn't part of the equation so why would that influence their decision? Heartbreaking decision to say the least.

"Nearly two months later, would the juror change his vote? "I've learned a lot more about the case by reading the documents," he says. "

lol amazing what reviewing a little evidence will do for one's opinion. Too bad they didn't read documents or review evidence when they were supposed to. As far as I know, there is nothing new since the trial.

I am sort of over the jury thing. Go away.

I don't understand why they (the jurors) continue to make these statements to the press. He(she?) goes on and on about how their life is a living hell and yet then they volunteer information like 'whatever you want'. How do you report information like that and then expect no one to get pissed off at it?

Unlike most others here, I may not agree with the verdict but I respected it. It makes it hard to even respect it when you got someone that admits one of jurors voted because that's what everyone else did. Even the two that were originally guilty on the 1st degree count. They were never strong in their conviction. How about be the bigger person, stand behind your decisions, right or wrong. Don't weasel out of it by saying well, everyone else was voting that way so I guess I better.

Pathetic.

"Nearly two months later, would the juror change his vote? "I've learned a lot more about the case by reading the documents," he says. "

lol amazing what reviewing a little evidence will do for one's opinion. Too bad they didn't read documents or review evidence when they were supposed to. As far as I know, there is nothing new since the trial.

I am sort of over the jury thing. Go away.

The next question should of been what have you read about the case now that wasn't presented to you during the trial that changed your mind?

Another problem with these interviews is everyone throws them these softball questions.

I want to know how this guy was Compensated for his time and how PEOPLE found him. Or maybe he found them...

the perfect murder: no DNA, no cause of death, NO PROBLEM

I don't understand why they (the jurors) continue to make these statements to the press. He(she?) goes on and on about how their life is a living hell and yet then they volunteer information like 'whatever you want'. How do you report information like that and then expect no one to get pissed off at it?

Unlike most others here, I may not agree with the verdict but I respected it. It makes it hard to even respect it when you got someone that admits one of jurors voted because that's what everyone else did. Even the two that were originally guilty on the 1st degree count. They were never strong in their conviction. How about be the bigger person, stand behind your decisions, right or wrong. Don't weasel out of it by saying well, everyone else was voting that way so I guess I better.

Pathetic.

I'm as much of a victim here as Caylee...I need to be seen as a victim

More irony: I would have been p.o.'d if we had ended up with a hung jury. However, if this one juror had held out amid the others wanting to acquit her, he would have been a hero.

“The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Cocopuff puts this quote at the bottom of every comment he makes. This takes maybe 10 seconds to read. This recap ALONE requires that the jurors find Casey Anthony guilty (of felony murder in my view).

They decided what was and what wasn't evidence - either through ignorance or through intentional malfeasance - and reached an improper verdict. I believe it is jury nullification. They wanted to do the bidding of their new friend Jose Baez and they did not want to punish Casey Anthony - regardless of guilt.

They are beyond despicable. They deserve nothing but scorn.

More irony: I would have been p.o.'d if we had ended up with a hung jury. However, if this one juror had held out amid the others wanting to acquit her, he would have been a hero.

It highlights that at least one person (the one who changed the vote by saying 'whatever') and probably more couldn't care less about what they were deciding on. That statement 'ok, whatever you guys want' proves that person had no vested interest in the outcome one way or the other. If there was no vested interest, how much were they even paying attention during the trial.

To me stuff like this goes beyond the verdict. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pissed off if the verdict was guilty but the same stories came out as we have seen. Can you imagine if she got sent to death row and it came out the decision on that was based on someone saying 'well, whatever you guys want'? It makes a mockery of our jury system.

These people apparently had no idea what was expected of them. How can someone be "stunned" at their own decision? At someone else's, yes.
I wish I'd been in there (can't of course, not a citizen of your fine country) ... one of two things would have happened:
b. they'd have come to my conclusion, or
b. we'd still be sitting there

Ha, me too. Or there would have been a hung jury: 11-1. I would have accepted it. I stand up for what I believe, even if I'm standing up for it all by myself.

I agree 100% and I could only imagine I would have been just as horrified to find out only ONE thought she was guilty as I was to find out they acquitted <unusual person>!

The article also says that the jurors had no idea they would face such backlash.

And that's such BS.

One of the first remarks from a juror (I think Jennifer) was that they were "sick" over the decision they had made, and they knew what they were facing on the outside.

It highlights that at least one person (the one who changed the vote by saying 'whatever') and probably more couldn't care less about what they were deciding on. That statement 'ok, whatever you guys want' proves that person had no vested interest in the outcome one way or the other. If there was no vested interest, how much were they even paying attention during the trial.

To me stuff like this goes beyond the verdict. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pissed off if the verdict was guilty but the same stories came out as we have seen. Can you imagine if she got sent to death row and it came out the decision on that was based on someone saying 'well, whatever you guys want'? It makes a mockery of our jury system.

my bolds

:hug: I would have been equally horrified to know they'd sent her to death row under the same foolish, ignorant reasoning with which they found her NG. I always thought that if it was me, I would not vote to send her to death.

however on death row she WOULD HAVE HAD APPEALS. (and irony of irony, I never would have thought I'd be on her side for anything but if she'd gone to DR from THAT foolish reasoning, I would be!!)

this is just game over. they just didnt care. they just didnt have two brain cells to rub together. they just could not be bothered.

The article also says that the jurors had no idea they would face such backlash.

And that's such BS.

One of the first remarks from a juror (I think Jennifer) was that they were "sick" over the decision they had made, and they knew what they were facing on the outside.

It is my belief that they wanted to reach a controversial verdict. They expected that it would result in an avalanche of requests for interviews, etc. They (according to one of the jurors) discussed at length, the media opportunities for them. I believe they also believed they were in for a big payday.

I do believe they are shocked that the public is so outraged. They thought they could successfully peddle the constant whine of "...We were just following the law...".

What has happened instead is that the public correctly identified them as collectively ignorant, lazy and self-interested - none of which are admirable characteristics. They enhance and strengthen this with every word they utter.

What they are "sick" about is the inability to cash in.

It is my belief that they wanted to reach a controversial verdict. They expected that it would result in an avalanche of requests for interviews, etc. They (according to one of the jurors) discussed at length, the media opportunities for them. I believe they also believed they were in for a big payday.

I do believe they are shocked that the public is so outraged. They thought they could successfully peddle the constant whine of "...We were just following the law...".

What has happened instead is that the public correctly identified them as collectively ignorant, lazy and self-interested - none of which are admirable characteristics. They enhance and strengthen this with every word they utter.

What they are "sick" about is the inability to cash in.

Interesting! I guess my problem with that is it seems conspiratorial in nature... like they all got together and said, "OK, let's take honesty and decency and throw it out the window for the almighty dollar." I don't believe that type of scenario played out.

I believe they set out with the right intentions, but they were so hung up on the word "proof". That, combined with juror fatigue, became a recipe for the crap on toast we were served on July 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member