CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was an early report, maybe it was wrong ?

You are probably right CHICANA, I hadn't noticed the date. The reporter probably was speaking about the bio parents who I believe are divorced and just put them in as being the adults in the story. Thanks for the clarification :)

Where's the surveillance video and why don't these people have my-spaces ?

Just in case he's not found soon and the forensic astrologists need it (cuz I'll forget) - Hassani's DOB is September 24 2003.

Presser- he was dropping off both kids.

I wonder if Ross was really the foster dad or was just awarded that title by the media because he was the bf of the aunt. Was she appointed foster mother officially by the authorities or was this an informal arrangement between the sister and her? Are unmarried couples allowed to adopt in CA?

I would imagine the aunt would have a special leg up in the adoption process. Especially since special needs kids are likely not the easiest cases. This might not be official policy, but I can certainly see a worker giving them priority and leeway.

While I know not everybody does the social networking thing, it is a shame nowadays when POIs don't have them, as it gives valuable insight to personality and frame of mind around the time of an incident. We have been spoiled in this regard lately.

I wonder if Ross was really the foster dad or was just awarded that title by the media because he was the bf of the aunt. Was she appointed foster mother officially by the authorities or was this an informal arrangement between the sister and her? Are unmarried couples allowed to adopt in CA?

At the presser LE was clear that he was the foster father.

Am I correct to assume given the searches are all of the family's familiar places that LE does not seem to believe a stranger abduction?

Initially I believed it might be possible that if Ross habitually left Hassani in the car for a few minutes while opening the back door, a SO or some other predator could have seen an established routine, and taken the opportunity to snatch the young boy. Even in cases where domestic is suspected, the police usually entertain the thought of the parent's claim, but it doesn't seem to be occurring in this case does it?

What makes me really suspect is the following:
"they will not say whether they are cooperating with the investigation. "
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=6959546

Why would police not talk about cooperation if the caretakers were cooperating and their stories seem legit? Also is the aunt standing by her Fiance's account of things, do we know?

This may have been noted before, but the abc link last updated at 7:21 pm 08/11/09 states that FBI and homicide detectives have joined the search. Is that par for the course in missing people cases where homicide joins early on or do they have to have strong suspicions of foul play?

This may have been noted before, but the abc link last updated at 7:21 pm 08/11/09 states that FBI and homicide detectives have joined the search. Is that par for the course in missing people cases where homicide joins early on or do they have to have strong suspicions of foul play?

No - not par for the course on either count. IMO, LE suspects foul play. So do we.....

Playing devil's advocate here (since even the news reports seem to still have some informational kinks left to weed out themselves), let's just go with the story that the foster dad DID leave Hassani by the car while he carried the 1 yr old into the business....

1) From the picture map that was posted on post #36, there seems to be a lot of traffic on the main and side roads. Even if the handicapped entrance is on one of these streets, is it really hard believe that the foster dad would have felt it safer from a safety standpoint to park in the back, away from traffic, and get the kids in from there one by one?

2) If the foster dad did leave Hassani beside the car while he took the 1 yr old sister in, is it possible his intentions were to drop the little one off, go through the back door and get Hassani to bring him back in that way? It can be a very daunting task fomr ONE person to carry a 1 yr old and thier "things" in with them, let alone needing to get a second, larger child in that also happens to have a physical deficit that could afffect how he is brought into the store.

3) Hassani has Cerebal Palsy. While it is evident he did have some physical deficits as a result of the CP, I have seen nothing anywhere that states he had any MENTAL deficits related to it, as it is not uncommon for CP patients to have ONLY physical deficits. Does anyone know for sure if there were any mental deficits that could have played a fact into this situation at all? While I know it is sometimes rare, it is not unheard of for a 5 yr old to actually stay in the spot where a parent told them too, especially if he was aware that the foster dad was coming right back to get him after dropping the little one off inside.

I am in NO WAY stating that i believe the foster dad 100%... I am just playing devil's advocate, mentioning things that I have not seen thrown around yet. I just pray that his little angel iis found and brought home safely FAST!!!

Eeyorelrn, you bring up some interesting points, however if Ross did leave Hassani in the car or outside in the alley it is hard to believe given the short time span of him going inside and Hassani going "missing" and the police executing their search that nobody would have seen anything: before, during, or after.

I really didn't want to believe that this caregiver could be responsible, here is biofamily extending their love and generosity to a child who was born to parents who couldn't care for him. It seems as though the Aunt had genuine love and tenderness for Hassani, and I so hope that this is a case of a child wandering off, to be found later, but the details in this case simply do not point in that direction.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20366241/detail.html

New Developments In Search For Missing Disabled Boy

Posted: 10:51 pm PDT August 11, 2009
FREMONT -- -- The search for missing five year old Hasanni Campbell moved to Fremont Tuesday evening to a house where the child has been living with relatives.
Authorities served search warrants at the home in the 5900 block of Roxie Terrace which is in Fremont's Hampton Place neighborhood, where the boy lived with his foster parents, his aunt and her finance.
Earlier Tuesday evening, KTVU's Amber Lee spoke with the aunt Jennifer Campbell who told us she's very distraught and she's asking for the public's help.
In the meantime, law enforcement spent hours at the couple's home looking for clues.
The FBI has joined Oakland Police in the investigation into the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell.
Tuesday afternoon law enforcement officers removed items from the home, including what appeared to be a computer.
The Alameda County Sheriff's Search and Rescue Team used four dogs to search the premises.
Rhonda Dyer of the Search and Rescue team said, "This dog is trained to find human scent of both alive and dead. We searched the home here and the area around it."
Earlier in the evening, Hasanni's grandmother talked about the boy. She said he speaks with a slight lisp and loves Spongebob Squarepants, the cartoon character. Pamela Clark said, "He's a sweet affectionate boy. He's very intelligent very smart."

More at link...
In addition, sorry for hijacking this thread! I just so want a happy resolution to this story while knowing the chances are slim. This one has really gotten to me.

I checked in this morning hoping to read that Hassani had been found alive and well. :(

Well, if the boy was actually abducted, I'm thinking that something like the leg braces would be VERY noticeable in public...so, if the story gets out enough, and someone saw a little boy matching that description, they'd automatically be on guard...

Eeyorelrn, you bring up some interesting points, however if Ross did leave Hassani in the car or outside in the alley it is hard to believe given the short time span of him going inside and Hassani going "missing" and the police executing their search that nobody would have seen anything: before, during, or after.

I really didn't want to believe that this caregiver could be responsible, here is biofamily extending their love and generosity to a child who was born to parents who couldn't care for him. It seems as though the Aunt had genuine love and tenderness for Hassani, and I so hope that this is a case of a child wandering off, to be found later, but the details in this case simply do not point in that direction.

The Aunt seems genuine. This one seems like it is going to be an accidental death with a cover up, or a frustration flip out with a cover up, either scenario at the fosterdad's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkfloyd44!