GUILTY CA - Brittany Killgore, 22, Fallbrook, 13 April 2012

Law enforcement has been very close-mouthed about this case, forcing news sources to repeat the same few details again or again. Of course, the British tabloid media is off and running with the sex slave angle.

To me, the sequence of events seems to hold a few pointers:
1. Brittany was slated to go on a dinner with Perez and his girlfriend. The girlfriend withdrew.
2. Brittany was, according to friends, headed for the entertainment district, but we know of no indications that she got there.
3. She was last seen alive with Perez, according to police.
4. She is murdered and her body dumped.
5. Perez is questioned; arrested on the stolen gun charge; and named as a person of interest in the case. He is taken into custody.
6. At some point, presumably thereafter, Lopez leaves the house where she lives with Perez's girlfriend and checks into a motel.
7. For some reason, authorities go to the motel room, find that Lopez has apparently attempted suicide and discover a note.
8. Then, presumably on the basis of the note and/or Lopez's statements or cellphone, she is arrested for first degree murder. Perez remains a person of interest.
9. Days later, Perez is arrested for suspicion of murder, not first degree murder.

Several questions naturally arise; most pertinently, what evidence do the police now have? When did Lopez move out of Perez's girlfriend's house? Was she questioned before she moved out of the house? Did the murder or accident occur at festivities for Lopez's birthday?

At this time, most of these answers are still out of our reach. Which might actually be better for the prosecution.

P.S. Rose13, that was a great post about the life of wives when their soldier husbands are gone!

For those of us (like me) that are ignorant of the suspect's lifestyle:

BDSM is an erotic preference and a form of personal relationship involving the consensual use of restraint, intense sensory stimulation, and fantasy power role play. The acronym BDSM combines bondage and discipline (B&D or B/D), dominance and submission (D&S or D/s), and sadism and masochism (S&M or S/M). BDSM includes a wide range of activities, forms of interpersonal relationships, and distinct subcultures. Much more at link

BDSM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arraignment for Marine accused in death of military wife

Staff Sgt. Louis Ray Perez was charged last week with possession of stolen property and possession of an assault rifle but was described only as a "person of interest" in the disappearance and slaying of Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook. On Wednesday, however, he was re-arrested and re-booked at the Vista Jail on suspicion of murder.

more at link ................. http://www.760kfmb.com/story/17791170/arraignment-for-marine-accused-in-death-of-military-wife

Agree Chanler. The police know a LOT more than they are releasing. Its know Brittany was last see with Perez, but where and how do they know that? What put them on to Lopez in the first place and how did they get to the motel? I think some of the dots were already connected by the police before they found Lopez in the motel. They also are not releasing the cause of death details. That could provide some relevant information. Lopez is charged with first degree murder (not sure about Perez's homicide charge). So the police dont think that Brittany was accidently killed in some sort of voluntary bondage gone wrong thing.

Like PrairieWind I agree Chanler :). Lets see what is said at his arraignment today. I wonder if a few more little details will be let out during his brief time in court. There has to be a heck of a lot of evidence against those two, hopefully it goes to trial fairly quickly. Lopez' court date is May 2nd to rule if there's sufficient evidence to take it to trial. I think we'll learn A LOT of details that day.

I spoke too soon.

Here we go....

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Marine-Accused-in-Killgore-Case-to-Appear-in-Court-149074665.html

When he appeared in court on Thursday for his arraignment, the deputy district attorney said detectives found Killgore's blood in his car. They also found a weapon in his car, but they would not specify what type, or whether it was used in the murder.

Source: Killgore Texted 'Help' on Night of Disappearance: | NBC San Diego

On that night, detectives said she texted a friend the word "help," the deputy district attorney said. The next day, a homeless man attempted to sell her phone to a stranger. The stranger called Killgore's mother, who then called police.

Source: Killgore Texted 'Help' on Night of Disappearance: | NBC San Diego

Lopez also appeared in court Thursday and pleaded not guilty. The judge set both Perez's and Lopez's bail at $3 million.

Perez's public defender attempted to lower his bail, saying a suicide note left by Lopez indicated her responsibility in the murder. "The note indicates very very clearly that Perez has nothing to do with the homicide," the defender said.

The judge denied the request and ordered the note sealed.

Lopez and Perez had either lived together at one point or lived at the same residence at different times, according to legal records.

Lopez and Perez each face one count of first degree murder. They will appear in court for a preliminary hearing on May 30.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...llgore-Case-to-Appear-in-Court-149074665.html

Marine pleads not guilty to murder in Brittany Killgore case; D.A. says victim's blood and weapon found in marine's vehicle

Monday, April 16th, 2012
Issue 16, Volume 16.

VISTA (Wire Service) - A veteran Camp Pendleton Marine accused in the death of a 22-year-old military wife who went missing after a planned night on the town pleaded not guilty today (April 26) to a murder charge.

Staff Sgt. Louis Ray Perez, 45, was ordered held on $3 million bail in the death of Brittany Killgore of Fallbrook.

Perez - a 16-year Marine - was arraigned last week on charges he stole a weapon and a motorcycle from a trailer at Camp Pendleton and was described by prosecutors at the time as a "person of interest" in Killgore's death.

Today, Deputy District Attorney Patrick Espinoza told Vista Superior Court Judge Kimberlee Lagotta that Killgore was supposed to go out in downtown San Diego the night of April 13 with Perez and another woman, but the other woman backed out.

Later that night, Killgore sent a text message to a friend saying she was in distress and needed help, Espinoza said.

Investigators subsequently contacted Perez, who said he dropped off Killgore downtown, when he in fact was in Fallbrook, according to the prosecutor. Police searched Perez's vehicle and found the victim's blood and a weapon, Espinoza told the judge. Killgore's body was found April 17 in southern Riverside County near Lake Skinner.

Perez's roommate, 25-year-old Jessica Lynn Lopez, is also charged with Killgore's murder.

Perez's attorney, Jeff Reichert, told the judge that a note found when a suicidal Lopez was arrested in a Point Loma motel room exonerates his client.

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide.

But Lagotta, who agreed to keep the note under seal, said Perez represented a "serious danger" to the community and was deserving of high bail.

Espinoza refused to comment on reports that Perez had an interest in sadomasochism and bondage or how that may or may not tie into the case.

LINK: http://www.thevillagenews.com/story/63189/

Like PrairieWind I agree Chanler :). Lets see what is said at his arraignment today. I wonder if a few more little details will be let out during his brief time in court. There has to be a heck of a lot of evidence against those two, hopefully it goes to trial fairly quickly. Lopez' court date is May 2nd to rule if there's sufficient evidence to take it to trial. I think we'll learn A LOT of details that day.

I wouldnt bet on it getting to trial anytime soon. There was the murder of Marine Sgt Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quiana by 3 other Marines there in San Diego. That was over 3 and half years ago and they still dont have trial dates.

Perez's attorney, Jeff Reichert, told the judge that a note found when a suicidal Lopez was arrested in a Point Loma motel room exonerates his client.

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide

This is all according to the defense attorney. However, the blood in his car; he was last one known to be with Brittany; he has been uncooperative in the investigation allegedly. I'm guessing he had a pretty big role in her dissapperance if not her murder.

According to Reichert, the note written by Lopez indicates she killed Killgore and that Perez had nothing to do with the homicide

This is all according to the defense attorney. However, the blood in his car; he was last one known to be with Brittany; he has been uncooperative in the investigation allegedly. I'm guessing he had a pretty big role in her dissapperance if not her murder.

Hi, PrairieWind. At this juncture, the core question seems to be about Ms. Lopez's emotional state. At very least, she seems not to be a well-balanced, well-adjusted person; she is not just a slave; she is a slave of a slave.

She attempted suicide in what seems to have been an inept way. When she did so, Mr. Perez was already in custody as a person of interest in the murder. If, as the defense lawyer asserts, she exonerated him in the suicide arise:

Did she do so by mentioning him specifically or implicitly? Or is this simply another ploy by Perez's lawyer, who has already done his best to present his client as an average married guy unconnected to any scene.

Was Lopez in effect falling on the sword for the sake of her master (or more specifically, her master's master)? In one picture distributed on Perez's domination, a woman with a physique that closely resembles her looks up submissively at him.

Does anything at all except her statement indicate that she even encountered Killgore or, for that matter, Perez, on the night of her murder?

[At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if law enforcement is hoping that Lopez will plead guilty and accept a lesser sentence for telling a fuller story that implicates Perez.]

well considering their possible dom/sub relationship it would not surprise me at all if "ivan" put lopez up to taking the fall for him

moo

well considering their possible dom/sub relationship it would not surprise me at all if "ivan" put lopez up to taking the fall for him

moo

Hi, NurseBeeMe. You might be right, but we must remember that he was in jail well before the suicide attempt and the note. Also he might not have to "put Lopez up to taking the fall." She was not, by any societal standards, a well-grounded woman. Her insular little world of pain and humiliation was tumbling down with or without a homicide count added to Perez's charges.

It does seem more probable that Perez was the main culprit. It's possible that with Ms. Killgore soon upcoming departure, he saw this as perhaps his last chance to "master" this attractive young woman.

Thanks jabberwocky for the link. The comments by italheart are the most telling. Brittany was a virgin when she married her husband - he cheats on her and they "technically" separate and date others. She meets Perez and was going out on a "date" with him. It appears that Perez, Lopez and others were into the S&M lifestyle but not Brittany. Let us keep Brittany in our thoughts and prayers. As italheart states, she was a naive midwestern girl who got caught up with the wrong crowd.

You have got to be kidding me? I read this last night and spent some time looking up what happened. I had never heard of this and I was living there at the time! I just recently started exploring my interest in crime/murders/missing people/kidnappings and the more I read the more shocked I am. When I think I've come across a tragedy that has to be the worst imaginable, another one comes along to top it. Wow... I hope justice is served soon.

I wouldnt bet on it getting to trial anytime soon. There was the murder of Marine Sgt Jan Pietrzak and his wife Quiana by 3 other Marines there in San Diego. That was over 3 and half years ago and they still dont have trial dates.

Reading those comments by italheart made my heart drop. I too thank you jabberwocky!

I cannot piece this together, how did those three become connected and why is LE so tight lipped about it? Was she introduced to Perez that night by Lopez? Was she friends with Perez for a period of time before her murder? Did Perez order/convince/demand Lopez to bring her around him because he crossed paths with her at that house and became infatuated with her? Did Lopez really "back out" of a date or did she really set her up for Lopez to get his rocks off? I can see BW getting ready for a night out thinking she's going to celebrate a friends birthday only to end up being preyed upon. I can see her willingly getting into Perez' vehicle because she trusted him. She trusted that he was the "boyfriend" of her friend and they were going to have a fun time downtown. Maybe the dinner cruise was just a way to make sure BW was dressed up when in reality there was no plan to go on one. Maybe Lopez "backed out" but Perez picked her up anyway and convinced her to go to the house to hang out with Lopez. After all it was her birthday. What friend wouldn't go visit someone on their birthday? Once she got there....

If BW turns out to be an innocent victim in this I agree with Chanler's theory. Perhaps BW's upcoming departure flipped a switch in Perez and he had to act fast to dominate her. According to this newscast that aired Wednesday, it's reported that on another BDSM profile belonging to Perez, he details his BDSM interests. These include, and I quote, "Rape/Victim Kidnapping". Maybe Perez had been able to control his desire to act on this for many, many years but something about BW's innocence triggered him and he lost control. He may not have been the one to actually murder her but if this theory is right, he is definitely the one responsible for her death.

http://www.10news.com/video/30951807/index.html

They've said Perez is married with children correct? I wonder if they live in base housing or if she knew/knows about his lifestyle.

And where was this Alpha Slave "Dee" at during all this? She owns that property. Does anyone remember early on in the investigation reading or hearing that a third person charged is likely? This could be my mind playing tricks on me but I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back