2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

Oh yea, she would have cleaned all right! She would have cleaned the poor woman out. I agree that Shirley seems like a real sweetie, and a smart one too.

Everytime something comes up like this about Casey, I'm reminded of CA telling LE that Casey was soooo caring and helpful, always thinking of someone else. Nooooo, they view anyone in need as their next vulnerable victim. They sure are helpful, helping themselves to someones wallet.

So can we put to rest GA being involved with a Nigerian get rich scheme? Seems like just a good 'ole gambling problem to me.

Bless her heart... but I laughed a lot at this conversation.

I can see a lot of new signature quotes coming from this interview.

So can we put to rest GA being involved with a Nigerian get rich scheme? Seems like just a good 'ole gambling problem to me.

I don't think so. Shirley is relaying what she's been told, not what she actually knows.

Does anyone have an idea on what the 100K debt George had meant exactly? Was that strictly his gambling debt? Or including the house and credit cards and such?

OH! And I completely busted out laughing when Shirley stated (paraphraising) that it might do Casey good to get beat by a jail woman. lololol.

I love me some Shirley.

I read Shirley's interview and I thought she was being very honest with LE. I too chuckled that she thought it might do Casey some good to be beat by the women inmates. I had the feeling that she was fed up with Casey's antics, was worried about how Cindy was handling the situation - that if she disbelieves what Casey says, it means Caylee is dead, and that she didn't want to talk too much about George's financial problems. She did says that she likes George, that he's a nice guy.

Such a sweet ole lady, and LE was so sweet to her. You could tell that they liked her. What a difference tween Shirley and CA.

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    49.6 KB · Views: 12
OH! And I completely busted out laughing when Shirley stated (paraphraising) that it might do Casey good to get beat by a jail woman. lololol.

I love me some Shirley.

"get the H*ll beat out of her".. LOL

Go granny Go!!!!!

God Bless you Shirley.

I think this woman is fantastic. She reminds me so much of my late grandmother.
It also makes me wonder how Cindy got to be the way she is. Casey steals from Shirley once, Shirley is angry, but forgives Casey and tells her not to do it again. Casey does it again, and Shirley tells the bank to go ahead and have her arrested for it. Casey gives her some BS story and offers to clean her house to make up for it, and Shirley tells her no, she doesn't want her there. It makes me think how different things probably would have been had Cindy had even one ounce of the common sense her mother has.

And wow, the $45k figure comes up again. I realize it is still rumor and speculation, but that is SO MUCH money!!!! Maybe I am just a harda$$, but I simply cannot wrap my mind around one of my children stealing anywhere close to that much money from me, and me just going along like it just wasn't happening. I don't think I would let them get away with $45, much less $45k. Unbelievable.
Lanie

I loved Shirley's interview, just by reading it you can tell what a lovely person she must be. I wonder if the $45,000 was all due to Casey's stealing. I mean that is a LOT of money, I just can't imagine ANYONE letting that go. I wish we knew more about that, when she started stealing, etc...

He wanted the FBI to believe that it was a scam, that he was more of a victim. Hard to believe that he would care about what the FBI thought when Caylee was missing, the issue of gambling should have been very low on the priority list, IMO.

He wanted the FBI to believe that it was a scam, that he was more of a victim. Hard to believe that he would care about what the FBI thought when Caylee was missing, the issue of gambling should have been very low on the priority list, IMO.

Or - because he was speaking to the FBI, he told the truth about falling for the scam rather than telling them the false gambling story.

Whoa! Do I see a teensy bit of KC in GA? Wanting to look like a victim to get sympathy instead of being the person who actually caused the situation? Hmmm...:innocent:

Shirley gives me hope that there is at least ONE sane, honest and rational witness in this case. She brings some much needed credibility, levity and cuts straight through the BS. No one else has even come close. I hope she takes the stand 'cause i'm betting the jury will love her.

Shirley gives me hope that there is at least ONE sane, honest and rational witness in this case. She brings some much needed credibility, levity and cuts straight through the BS. No one else has even come close. I hope she takes the stand 'cause i'm betting the jury will love her.

While I agree with you about SP's integrity, I pray that she is NOT called to take the stand. She is an elderly lady with a sick husband. It's a tragedy that her last few years on this earth have to be spent dealing with this mess. I hate you KC.

Please dear God, protect SP.

Whoa! Do I see a teensy bit of KC in GA? Wanting to look like a victim to get sympathy instead of being the person who actually caused the situation? Hmmm...:innocent:
I suspect that's the story he gave Cindy, just keeping his story straight.

Uh, maybe part of the thread title should include....

How many 'cops' does it take to screw in a light bulb? JUST KIDDING. I just thought it was funny they were all trying to get the power back on, and the neighbor. And the electric company folks were there as well, out back.

I have to agree with SP. Had the perp been in general pop, maybe this circus would be over by now?

Hmmm..... so this rather negates the story about Casey having gotten the information from a Birthday Check, doesn't it? Instead she just outright stole a check outta that sweeties purse. Thief, plain and simple, and from her own Grandparents.

The Nigerian scam never sat well with me. George did not want to admit he had a gambling problem, that would have made him look weak and addicted. He preferred to be a poor victim albeit of his own stupidity.
Also, the $45,000...... what on earth did that girl buy? That's the doc dump I want to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back