Casey & Family Psychological Profile #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personality Disorders really are about nature. Kids are born that way. The illness can then either be dealt with by the family or not dealt with, and the way it manifests itself can destroy an otherwise normal family.

This is what I'm wondering about, goes back to my question on how can sociopaths be held fully accountable? Whether nature or nurture, it does not seem that sociopaths "choose" to be the way they are, so how can we hold them as fully accountable as we do those who are not sociopaths? It may not be classified as a mental illness, but clearly it is some kind of illness. Who would want to mess up their lives this much if they could exert normal human controls over behavior? I am reading about how they "don't care" as if the "not caring" is something they are doing on purpose, and of course I can understand how it can sure look to others like it is on purpose when the others have to deal with the results, but if sociopaths don't know HOW to care, then I don't see how they can be held fully accountable. Yes, in terms of intelligence they can understand there is a law against murder, but if that is "just words" to them, if they don't understand FEELINGS, so that murdering someone doesn't mean anything to them, then I fail to see how it can be said that they understand what the law means.

Mind you, I'm not trying to make excuses or argue, I'm trying to nail this down because it seems that at a certain important level they aren't responsible for their actions, and so how, in a humane society, can we flatly condemn them?

I think LE would love to charge the A's with obstruction but with the public sympathy it wouldn't ever fly.

I disagree. I think whatever public sympathy the Anthony family had at first from being Caylee's grandparents (and uncle), they lost with their lies, posturing and self-serving defense of KC.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find the A's fielding charges of obstruction of justice and evidence/witness tampering.

I am uncerttain if Cindy has mental illness or not, but my gut tells me that there is definetly some "issue ?" with this entire clan !:eek:

It is important to me to see the motion hearing on Friday. I believe Ch 9, Orlando is broadcasting it live on the net.(10 30 am EST). I am dying to hear what Strickland says about the searching in private......... motion. It is surely going to be good IMO ! I think that judge is very conservative, and will not tolerate her nonsense, or the bond woulkd not have been set at 1/2 mil !! He senses that she did do SOMETHING to her daughter.

I had said that I am going to Niles/Trumbull Co./Ohio and pull as many public records , if there r any on this family.IF there was a criminal report on the George/Dad incident, it is older, so should archived, not available on line.I want to check on Cindy's family as well. One never knows what may be out there about this dysfunctional clan !

It is approx. only 1 hour from me, so I will go either Friday, after the hearing on line, or Monday. I hope to dig up some good stuff.....one never knows.

I also want to see whaat I can learn about any prior organized crime affiliation. It is predominant behavior in that area, Niles/Youngstown. I have a relative in Niles, who hopefully will know something about who and when does the organized crime.

Maybe I am nuts, but.....not quitee to the degree of Casey ! LOL :woohoo:/COLOR]

Right, and doing it all for her darling daughter Casey. Stop covering for her, it isn't going to matter anymore, just stop. Everybody has now seen what your family is all about so there really isn't anymore reason to go on with this farce.

I agree. I think now we all know where Casey got her lying skills from, her wonderful Mother Cindy. Cindy lies almost as much as Casey. what I can't understand is that she has to know Caylee is dead and does Cindy not care if Caylee's get's a proper burial? that is flat out sick that she would leave her GrandDaughter out there somewhere to rot. George and Lee at least keep quiet, unlike Cindy who continues to babble on and on with lies. She won't even give the investigators copies of her credit card bills. She's definitely hiding something

Lock Casey up and throw away the key. :behindbar

This is what I'm wondering about, goes back to my question on how can sociopaths be held fully accountable? Whether nature or nurture, it does not seem that sociopaths "choose" to be the way they are, so how can we hold them as fully accountable as we do those who are not sociopaths? It may not be classified as a mental illness, but clearly it is some kind of illness. Who would want to mess up their lives this much if they could exert normal human controls over behavior? I am reading about how they "don't care" as if the "not caring" is something they are doing on purpose, and of course I can understand how it can sure look to others like it is on purpose when the others have to deal with the results, but if sociopaths don't know HOW to care, then I don't see how they can be held fully accountable. Yes, in terms of intelligence they can understand there is a law against murder, but if that is "just words" to them, if they don't understand FEELINGS, so that murdering someone doesn't mean anything to them, then I fail to see how it can be said that they understand what the law means.

Mind you, I'm not trying to make excuses or argue, I'm trying to nail this down because it seems that at a certain important level they aren't responsible for their actions, and so how, in a humane society, can we flatly condemn them?

So what would you do with someone like KC, then? Instead of jail, send her to an insane asylum?

I am uncerttain if Cindy has mental illness or not, but my gut tells me that there is definetly some "issue ?" with this entire clan !:eek:

It is important to me to see the motion hearing on Friday. I believe Ch 9, Orlando is broadcasting it live on the net.(10 30 am EST). I am dying to hear what Strickland says about the searching in private......... motion. It is surely going to be good IMO ! I think that judge is very conservative, and will not tolerate her nonsense, or the bond woulkd not have been set at 1/2 mil !! He senses that she did do SOMETHING to her daughter.

I had said that I am going to Niles/Trumbull Co./Ohio and pull as many public records , if there r any on this family.IF there was a criminal report on the George/Dad incident, it is older, so should archived, not available on line.I want to check on Cindy's family as well. One never knows what may be out there about this dysfunctional clan !

It is approx. only 1 hour from me, so I will go either Friday, after the hearing on line, or Monday. I hope to dig up some good stuff.....one never knows.

I also want to see whaat I can learn about any prior organized crime affiliation. It is predominant behavior in that area, Niles/Youngstown. I have a relative in Niles, who hopefully will know something about who and when does the organized crime.

Maybe I am nuts, but.....not quitee to the degree of Casey ! LOL :woohoo:/COLOR]

How old was Casey when they moved to Florida, do you know?

How old was Casey when they moved to Florida, do you know?

On the Greta program when she toured the A house, she said "This is Casey's room and has been since she was 3 years old", so probably around that time.

On the Greta program when she toured the A house, she said "This is Casey's room and has been since she was 3 years old", so probably around that time.

Thanks. I wish I knew how to dig around to find out if she has a juvie record. I know it would be sealed but I'm just curious.

Thanks. I wish I knew how to dig around to find out if she has a juvie record. I know it would be sealed but I'm just curious.

You would think the reporters on this case would be ALL over something like that! I bet she doesn't, she's got Cindy there to cover up for her, just like she did when KC stole from her grandparents. That, to me (if I had the severe misfortune of being her mother), would have been the point I called the cops on her and filed charges. But, no. Cindy once AGAIN covered for the sociopath. Thereby, reinforcing the behavior.

You ask valid questions, you really do and they make sense. I understand that you are not trying to say Casey should be allowed to get away with this, you are trying to understand Psychopathy.

In understanding such an unknown (there's no blood test, etc) a lot is simply opinions, even with the professionals. They can't even agree on Nature or Nurture. But one of the things all agree on is that Psychopaths know right from wrong and still they choose wrong, they choose to hurt and use people and lie and steal from them over and over again. They do it willingly, knowingly and vindictively. They enjoy it.. they seek out people to take advantage of.

It's the ability to choose that makes them not insane. FWIW, and not that it even really matters but I personally do not think that Casey is a "Psychopath".

You would think the reporters on this case would be ALL over something like that! I bet she doesn't, she's got Cindy there to cover up for her, just like she did when KC stole from her grandparents. That, to me (if I had the severe misfortune of being her mother), would have been the point I called the cops on her and filed charges. But, no. Cindy once AGAIN covered for the sociopath. Thereby, reinforcing the behavior.

I don't know though, there came a time when my mother couldn't cover up for me anymore and I began having to face the consequenses of my actions. I'm not a psychopath but I was quite a piece of . and IMO there is a trail with these kinds of people, a history. Trouble in school, petty arrests. little things where one bucks authority, shows they are used to getting there own way. There has to be something. I am just having such a hard time believing this is the first time she's been caught because she isn't very bright.

Perhaps that's how she ended up in relationships with police officers.. favors for making things go way? I don't know.. just thinking allowed.

I don't know though, there came a time when my mother couldn't cover up for me anymore and I began having to face the consequenses of my actions. I'm not a psychopath but I was quite a piece of . and IMO there is a trail with these kinds of people, a history. Trouble in school, petty arrests. little things where one bucks authority, shows they are used to getting there own way. There has to be something. I am just having such a hard time believing this is the first time she's been caught because she isn't very bright.

Perhaps that's how she ended up in relationships with police officers.. favors for making things go way? I don't think just thinking allowed.

Hmm, you could be right. We will probably eventually know the answer to that question once the trial gets underway.

But, to think Police Officers would risk their career to cover for someone like her?? WOW, I know things like that DO happen, but still. That's wayyyy worse to me than a crime she committed that they cover for her.

Whether they "feel" guilt or not, they know the difference between right and wrong. They have not completely lost their marbles, they know the rules and are usually very smart. We have to hold them accountable regardless of whether they feel guilt. My sister will even apologize after a while, not because she feels sorry but because she knows it's the right thing to do.

You ask valid questions, you really do and they make sense. I understand that you are not trying to say Casey should be allowed to get away with this, you are trying to understand Psychopathy.

In understanding such an unknown (there's no blood test, etc) a lot is simply opinions, even with the professionals. They can't even agree on Nature or Nurture. But one of the things all agree on is that Psychopaths know right from wrong and still they choose wrong, they choose to hurt and use people and lie and steal from them over and over again. They do it willingly, knowingly and vindictively. They enjoy it.. they seek out people to take advantage of.

It's the ability to choose that makes them not insane. FWIW, and not that it even really matters but I personally do not think that Casey is a "Psychopath".

Hi-- I respect your insight on this topic. If you don't mind my asking-- what do you think Casey is? This is a big question-- but I was just wondering what your thoughts are.

Hi there first post in a long time.....I have to agree with OneLostGirl...I do NOT believe that KC is solely responsible in this case I believe it is a horrible dysfunctional family issue...I believe it is an ugly mirror in our society in veiwing our children as products of ourselves as Cindy A clearly did...She did this by excusing Kc behavior at young age helping to perpetuate this disorder whatever it is..The Family shares this...Our society is creating monsters in this privileged overprotected generation, not all of them...but they are there and KC is a blatant example...I find the fault with Cindy as much as KC because I had a mother just like Cindy, full of severe untreated disorders......That I am a more loving mother is a miracle...

So what would you do with someone like KC, then? Instead of jail, send her to an insane asylum?

Possibly an insane asylum, but maybe prison does as well. I guess I am thinking that it's not right to give them the death penalty, though. Mind you, I do believe in the death penalty generally speaking. But I know that some study has been/is being done on sociopaths, psychopaths, and I'm sure a lot more needs to be done in order to get the best possible handle on these conditions, so seems like keeping them in prison or a medical institution where more can be learned could be of value to society.

Are Cindy and George going to work everyday as normal? Is Casey alone in the house all day?

They keep choosing these behaviors - they consistently have a choice
Cindy and Casey both know right from wrong -
Every thing they have done involved a choice - they have free will
but chose the behavior that is against the social norm - the one that
feeds their need soothes their internal anxiety they pick the one that
benefits them at the moment without thought to the consequences
its compulsions and habit they indulge - we have to hold them responsible because ultimately they are . They can control themselves they just often chose not to do so. They arent acting blindly unaware
this is calculated manlipulative and goal orientated .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12