TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upthread it was suggested that perhaps Gail had acquired another DL. This had never occurred to me. Sound thought. I think that would be a wise move and following along that same vein.... why not open new account in other state with the new address... that would make total sense in a long range plan.... But did she have time to get that far in a plan? Or was that next? Logical states to check for that information would be AL and where is the other house? Smart girl like that would have another phone and be in contact with her family tho. At least to say she is OK and get msg.s/news of her kids.

We don't know who the person MacGyver mentioned is, but it could very likely be either SB or AD and not a 3rd person at all. Hopefully we'll hear something about those papers in the media soon.

Btw, I am neither person.

Where is Gail???

bolded by me.

Was ADT at their home? Where did this info come from? Thanks!

Columbo

It was mentioned here by fbx:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6497129&postcount=820"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011[/ame]

Hollyblue's question is a good one -- why was ADT there?

If Gail's cell phone pinged on her way, up the mountain,
to the residence, on Saturday, April 30, 2011,
then it should have pinged on her way, down the mountain,
when she left at approx. 12:15 pm

if there weren't pings, then either her phone wasn't with her,
or she never reached the first loss-of-signal area.

I discount Gail turning her phone off.

wonder what time Matt last phoned Gail that morning?
The phone is really bothering me FFJ. As I say, to me the phone never left the mountain area. Of course one explanation is that she tossed it out the window on 4/30 and kept on going.

But she was in contact with friends and family up until the 30th, so why would she suddenly stop calling them? Maybe she picked up a toss-away, but she sure hasn't used it.

The phone could have been her lifeline. Doesn't make sense. at all.

Just wondering out loud, I just got a car that has bluetooth integrated into it. The other day I heard a ringing sound coming from the car speakers and I didn't realized that if I have my cell phone with me, that the car would pick up the call. So my point is this, if Gail's phone was near or in the car and, she had bluetooth integrated in the car, and someone else started her car, would that make her cell bluetooth start and make the cell ping?

BBM.. Me either...And I just read there is a "Gathering for Gail" set for Sat. at 4pm at Pruett's on Signal. And a search of woods, trails, neighborhoods set for Sun. 2-4pm

Why not an all day search for her on Saturday and Sunday?

Because we can't start until 4pm....kids have all kinds of sports Sat am. On Sunday, church takes up most of the morning and so after lunch...

TWO Hours???????? Wow, don't put yourself out people! Wow yeah this is a different community from Darden alright. WTF?????????

I think searching will take much longer, and 2-4 is a start time to pick up their routes within that timeframe...sorry if that's a repeat still catching up

I didn't mean to imply you were SB or AD -- sorry if it sounded like that!

No problem! I just wanted to clarify. I am one of Gail's HS friends in Buffalo who desperately wants her home safe with her beautiful children.

Per the article/timeline in today's article:

April 30, 2011 - Gail is seen by a neighbor leaving her home in her Jeep Rubicon. Susie Button described Gail Palmgren as being upset in days leading up to that day. She also says Gail asked her to hold her passport and cash in her home. Other neighbors describe being asked to hold onto other personal belongings.

Not just SB or AD. Other neighbors. It's not saying they took whatever was ask of them to hold on to, but apparently...to me... she was asking many people in her neighborhood to hold on to things for her....which I think is odd. Why not just SB? Why scatter things among people in the same neighborhood.? see?

OK, Please don't throw rocks at me :couch: but another reason someone would leave personal items with other people would be because they are contemplating suicide? Maybe she wanted those items to go to her children and feared her husband would get rid of them?

I know it may be farfetched but, if she was depressed, delusional or menopausal, suicide could be an answer to most of these questions we/I are asking.

Maybe she changed the PIN numbers so that her husband could not get to the accounts, in case of her death, as she made the kids her beneficiaries?

JMOO MOO

The phone is really bothering me FFJ. As I say, to me the phone never left the mountain area. Of course one explanation is that she tossed it out the window on 4/30 and kept on going.

But she was in contact with friends and family up until the 30th, so why would she suddenly stop calling them? Maybe she picked up a toss-away, but she sure hasn't used it.

The phone could have been her lifeline. Doesn't make sense. at all.
Backtracking slightly, it makes absolutely no sense, at least to me,
that Gail would purposefully leave her driver's license and credit cards,
in an attempt to disappear. after allegedly planning on meeting with Matt,
at their Ridgerock home.

Does anyone know for sure what agencies are alerted when someone goes missing? I always figured if someone was missing and they applied for a new license the police would be noticed or find out quickly. Also, don't toll booths alert the police when a car they are looking for goes through a toll booth?

I still can't get past she had an AL plate and license? Aren't you suppose to list your primary residence for registration and license? Taxes, etc. I could buy a car in DE which doesn't have any sales tax, but would still have to pay tax to PA because I lived there. IIRC. Something is not right there, imo. Do we know when she purchased the jeep? Anyone work for TDOT?

I don't really know for sure Holly, but she pays property taxes and power bills in Alabama so maybe that makes a difference. I will be checking on that cause I live in Alaska but want to buy a car to leave in FL surely I can do that?

Per the article/timeline in today's article:

April 30, 2011 - Gail is seen by a neighbor leaving her home in her Jeep Rubicon. Susie Button described Gail Palmgren as being upset in days leading up to that day. She also says Gail asked her to hold her passport and cash in her home. Other neighbors describe being asked to hold onto other personal belongings.

Not just SB or AD. Other neighbors. It's not saying they took whatever was ask of them to hold on to, but apparently...to me... she was asking many people in her neighborhood to hold on to things for her....which I think is odd. Why not just SB? Why scatter things among people in the same neighborhood.? see?

Honestly, no, I don't see. The article only mentions Susie, so it is essentially saying "other neighbors besides Susie." It doesn't say "other neighbors besides Susie and Arlene," because Arlene isn't in the timeline at all.

Let's assume that they are not including Arlene when they say "other neighbors". They still could be referring to someone we already know about: The person MacGyver mentioned who had papers they handed over to LE.

I don't mean to harp on this. It's just that the statement in the timeline is so vague that we can't really make a lot of conclusions from it. What we do definitely know and can verify are two people who have been named, Susie and Arlene. There is a 3rd person MacGyver mentioned that we have not heard about in the media yet. Those are the only people we know of right now who got items from Gail.

I still can't get past she had an AL plate and license? Aren't you suppose to list your primary residence for registration and license? Taxes, etc. I could buy a car in DE which doesn't have any sales tax, but would still have to pay tax to PA because I lived there. IIRC. Something is not right there, imo. Do we know when she purchased the jeep? Anyone work for TDOT?

I'm guessing it may have something to do with having the AL property. Not sure what the part time resident requirements are, but maybe it's a tax thing.

Also, I have the impression that the AL house is special to Gail. So it may just be that too. But, I'm starting to think that she stays/lives there more often than is being mentioned by anyone.

I own several reidences in different states. I register vehicles where ever taxes are cheapest. Since I split time between all residences, neither my insurance nor the DMV has an issue with the registrations.
On my DL, however- I have to state a 'primary residence.' I just choose whichever one has the lowest taxes.

I asked earlier if anyone knew if she purchased the Jeep outright, if it was a lease, or a loan? Anyone know?

Honestly, no, I don't see. The article only mentions Susie, so it is essentially saying "other neighbors besides Susie." It doesn't say "other neighbors besides Susie and Arlene," because Arlene isn't in the timeline at all.

Let's assume that they are not including Arlene when they say "other neighbors". They still could be referring to someone we already know about: The person MacGyver mentioned who had papers they handed over to LE.

I don't mean to harp on this. It's just that the statement in the timeline is so vague that we can't really make a lot of conclusions from it. What we do definitely know and can verify are two people who have been named, Susie and Arlene. There is a 3rd person MacGyver mentioned that we have not heard about in the media yet. Those are the only people we know of right now who got items from Gail.

Lol, now that you have pointed it out I read that statement perfectly! Thank you.

I have kind of a random question for anyone that may know Gail well. Was she well physically? I don't mean emotionally or psychologically- I mean physically. Did she have any physical problems that required medication? Had she complained of anything physically symptomatic to her close friends/family in recent days or weeks prior to her disappearance? Had she been to an ER or urgent care facility for anything recently (chest pains, headaches etc as an example)

Does anyone have this info?

April 30, 2011 Sister, Diane Nichols spoke with Gail shortly before she disappeared

As a matter of record, what time did Diane talk to Gail?

Was there mention, by Gail, that she and Matt were planning on meeting at the home?

May 2, 2011 - Gail Palmgren's sister, Diane Nichols, calls Signal Mountain Police from her home in New York.

As a matter of record, what time did Diane call the SM Police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks