*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No political agenda. He's mentally ill. He thinks he's the flipping joker, dyed his hair red, roll played a movie. IMHO

That is because OKC was a terrorist attack, it was meant to spread fear, panic and terror among the public and influence the government wrt right wing demands and other things like Waco etc. OKC was clearly a politically motivated attack, this attack doesnt seem to have any political or social aims other than to serve as a release valve for a possibly mentally ill young man to likely express his rage and anger.

All my opinion of course, I welcome those who agree or disagree to share theirs.

I would LOVE to have something to blame this on, point fingers at and help make sense of this senseless and cowardly act but I am afraid it is not going to be that easy. But perhaps as the days pass more information will come to light that shows those of you who believe that this is a terrorist attack were right all along, it wont be the first time I am wrong nor the last.

I will wait to form any opinion about what kind of tragedy this is. Regarding the suspect - media has shown what one reporter described as possibly a 7 year old photo. The victims saw a man dressed in black wearing a gas mask. No booking photo. No arrest video. Just some photos of a pile of black clothing on the ground. When - if - he makes a Court appearance I will form some opinion on him - I guess. I am not anticipating doing so.

However the people harmed feel is most appropriate to classify what they have endured is fine by me.

Just a strangeness I feel personally. I registered as orora just before the aurora incident happened. The James Holmes I once sought for the murder of a child would be a much older James Holmes if he ever really existed at all. I never got to question him as he was supposedly and reportedly taken into a psychiatric facility never to be heard from again. That irony is mine alone, the columbine thing so close by Aurora, I question what spawns these type out there? The same name of the perps, the same name of the town as my user name (phonetically), caught my attention, thats all. More a personal interest and suspicion.

There's actually quite a number of James Holmes in Aurora when you check out peekyou.com with this location in Colorado.

Real life shooting imitates training exercise at Parker medical school
The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker the same day.
snip
Along with response to natural disasters like hurricanes and floods and terrorist attacks, one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21126462/real-life-shooting-imitates-training-exercise-at-parker

No political agenda. He's mentally ill. He thinks he's the flipping joker, dyed his hair red, roll played a movie. IMHO

Agreed...

Batman would be sad!
7612084274_28f18842cc.jpg

Real life shooting imitates training exercise at Parker medical school
The tragedy that played out in an Aurora movie theater Friday was ironically paralleled as a classroom learning experience in a medical school in Parker the same day.
snip
Along with response to natural disasters like hurricanes and floods and terrorist attacks, one of the scenarios being used to train the students is how to respond if a shooter fires at people in a movie theater and also uses a bomb in the attack.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21126462/real-life-shooting-imitates-training-exercise-at-parker
Seriously? Oh no.....

am trying to understand this...

James Holmes cant find a job
James Holmes went back to school for a PHD and it cost money.
James Holmes is renting an apartment
James Holmes is on a gun shopping spree for months
James Holmes has a 2 door white car
He had a master's degree and worked part time at Mcdonalds.

Who is FEEDING James Holmes with the money and all of these?

Father is a senior software manager and mother is a nurse but he is damn 24 years old?

ITA, maybe the parents were helping out with school and rent, but everything he used in the attack was very expensive and how did he even get ahold of some of it? I think it's possible someone or group was backing him, but anything's possible. I pray it's just him, but from college student to radical terrorist, I don't know. I don't care what anyone wants to call him, he's a terrorist. On top of that multiple buckets of ammo in his apartment, that's not cheap by any means.

CERT exercises coincide with many similar tragedies. I will say no more on that cause it is way too close to home. Truth I always thought was best. They say truth hurts. That is the understatement of the century.

Timothy McVeigh is called a terrorist..

When you bomb a building and kill 100+ people in the biggest terrorist attack (at the time) in US History, people don't really have much of a choice in what they call you.

Does our society consider people who bomb abortion clinics to be terrorists? Definitely not even though they have a political agenda. Most people believe our country has suffered two terrorist attacks: OKC and 9/11.

If his name was Mohammad, even if he had no connection to any terrorist group, even if there was no evidence of any political agenda, he would be called a terrorist as soon as his name and picture hit the airwaves. And no one would be trying to humanize him, and discuss what mental illness he might have.

ITA, maybe the parents were helping out with school and rent, but everything he used in the attack was very expensive and how did he even get ahold of some of it? I think it's possible someone or group was backing him, but anything's possible. I pray it's just him, but from college student to radical terrorist, I don't know. I don't care what anyone wants to call him, he's a terrorist. On top of that multiple buckets of ammo in his apartment, that's not cheap by any means.

IMO, follow the money :)

LE says the devices inside the apartment looks sophisticated... $$$$

As an FYI, it looks like he gave a presentation on MicroRNA Biomarkers in May. ( link, see page 2 )

They didn't find disturbing pictures. They send in robots that took photos (which this article calls pictures) of his apartment. That's what disturbing because it shows that his apartment is seriously booby trapped.

ok. i guess we will have to wait for more news on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado