Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the women MR was stringing along, what was the draw to TLM? What could he possibly have wanted from her and why did he pursue her? He already had a drug supplier. She is younger than the other women, didn't have an income to help support him and really didn't fit into the same social circles as the other women did (appears most of the others were professionals of some sort or had some type of income). MOO

She had drug buddies. People MR could sell his drugs to and make money JMO

OMG I know i was not dreaming or seeing things. It was labelled Petro/Tim Hortons. Which made me think they were attached together. I swear LFP is reading these forums and changed the writing under the photo lol. Either that or i got Tim Hortons on the mind and in need of some sleep.

I had never seen any evidence of Tim Hortons in this case. The petro can that MR entered to use the ATM does have a Tim Hortons...it is not your typical store...it is just a drive thru.

I had never seen any evidence of Tim Hortons in this case. The petro can that MR entered to use the ATM does have a Tim Hortons...it is not your typical store...it is just a drive thru.

Exactly neither have i that is why i questioned it when i could have sworn i seen it labelled that way. Like i said i must need sleep. Which is what i am going to do right now.

With all the women MR was stringing along, what was the draw to TLM? What could he possibly have wanted from her and why did he pursue her? He already had a drug supplier. She is younger than the other women, didn't have an income to help support him and really didn't fit into the same social circles as the other women did (appears most of the others were professionals of some sort or had some type of income). MOO

Since we have heard from testimony that MR discussed children being kidnapped and raised as the captor's children and those children not knowing the truth, imo he had an obsession with the fantasy of being with a child.

TLM is a tough cookie, however, for many reasons imo she suffered from very low self esteem and MR preyed on her vulnerabilities.

When it came to MR, TLM was easily manipulated and imo that is the only reason MR dated her ... he knew he could get her to do whatever he wanted, whereas some of the other women were too smart for him.

Just MOO

Derstine asked about the EOA gang during his cross examination of TLM, and again with the worker at the Genest facility.

I doubt he just threw that out there for no reason, so I will find it interesting to see what the connection is.

JMO...............

Agreed that Derstine is mentioning EOA for a reason. I will be surprised if he does not bring it up within the next week or two. It almost seems like he is anxious to share something with the court. MOO

I guess I would be amiss also if I did'nt thank all who kept us up todate with the daily tweets..thank you also from me for taking the trouble to do this... I would imagine next week this time we will be parting ways as I am sure this will probably be wrapped up...

Will the defense wrap it up that quickly?

She had drug buddies. People MR could sell his drugs to and make money JMO

But he didn't have to half-heartily romance her to meet those kinds of people. He didn't need to be her boyfriend to hook up drug deals with her friends.

The people below were Wrongfully Convicted for horrific crimes.

All the evidence presented by the crown also convicted them.
The media stories convicted them.
The public convicted them.

I for one will wait until I hear the entire case before I string anyone up ...

Canada's wrongful convictions
James Driskell
Anthony Hanemaayer
Donald Marshall Jr.
Simon Marshall
David Milgaard
Guy Paul Morin
William Mullins-Johnson
Romeo Phillion
Thomas Sophonow
Steven Truscott
Kyle Unger
Erin Walsh

Thank you for this information. I would make a list of all the people that have been rightfully convicted by the Court and by the public, but you know..... it would just be way tooooooooooo long. I feel safe though in saying that the Court (and the people) get it right much more often then they get it wrong.

I think pretty much everyone is waiting for the defense. We shall see what happens. I can't believe how lucky the Defense is in Canada - getting a whole 4-day weekend to prepare before they even have to let the court know if they will present witnesses or not. Wow!

Also - just a quick reminder that this is not a contest. It is not a contest between TLM and MR to see who is more evil and it is not a contest between posters based on how they see the evidence. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are entitled to state it as long as they stay within TOS.

Salem

I believe TLM thought they were dating, after the video evidence...they went to the movies one night and then the motel the very next night....she appeared to try and get close to him. MR on the other hand, didn't seem to want her, seeing that he steps away from her touches in the video. I believe MR was just stringing her along and saying all the right things to make her believe that this was a relationship. Remember the letter that TLM wrote but didnt send to MR.

I really wonder if MR was really not "into" women. Could it be he actually disliked women and used them for what he could get out of them? Were women the only sex he could have a friendship with as opposed to males? Did he feel neglected and abandoned by his mother at some point in his life? He was shipped off to live with relatives for some time. Wonder how long? I would be interested in knowing why his parents divorced? Was his birth father ever in his life or was MR the result of an affair and his real father never knew about him or didn't care about him? Just because he had many women coming and going doesn't mean he really cared about them. There are men who hate women but will use them to their advantage. So many questions and not enough answers Answers we may never know. MOO

The misogynists. You may have heard of them. But what you may not know is that they can be anywhere around you. They are notoriously hard to spot. They do not come with a label attached to them, and they may even come across as woman lovers.

http://www.lovesicklove.com/2011/07/men-who-hate-women.html

Is it just me or does anyone else believe MR holds many of these traits/characteristics in this list? Link below. IKES!! MOO

http://www.integritylifeskills.org/docs/misogynistcharacteristics.pdf

Thanks to all that posted the tweets today and every day, cannot wait for next week, I almost had kittens when the judge said 4 day weekend, too long to wait!! ... this kitty cat is off to bed!

Defence has the option when the Crown rests to file a motion to dismiss saying the Crown has not proven their case beyond a reasonable doubt. The judge would grant him time to make that decision and to prepare the motion to be filed.

The defense should have had the Motion prepared and filed it today, in my opinion. Maybe they will file it tomorrow, the judge will look at it, deny it and the Defense will be ready Tuesday.

One can only hope,

Salem

The 8 min delay was him explaining to his mother why the police were talking to him.

He slept with all these women under his mother's roof and he hung around undesirables--she had to know her son was up to no good! MOO

But he didn't have to half-heartily romance her to meet those kinds of people. He didn't need to be her boyfriend to hook up drug deals with her friends.

Exactly what I was thinking-he didn't need her drug buddies and he certainly didn't need her for a sexual relationship since he had a slew of other women hanging on his every BBM, MSN, text, phone call, POF IM etc. So if it wasn't money, sex or drugs then it would make sense she was picked to help fulfill some type of fantasy.... and a sick one at that. :-(

I guess I would be amiss also if I did'nt thank all who kept us up todate with the daily tweets..thank you also from me for taking the trouble to do this... I would imagine next week this time we will be parting ways as I am sure this will probably be wrapped up...

Do you reallly think the Defense will be that quick? 3-4 days? Wow. I was thinking it would take them at least a week and a half, maybe two weeks. And then with all the MSM stories that the Defense doesn't have any witnesses, MR will/will not testify, etc. I'm feeling a bit let down or shocked or something.....

I'm not challenging you, I'm sincerely surprised that the trial could be over by Thurs/Fri next week. Just wasn't expecting that....

Salem

But what does that have to do with Tori's abduction?

We know TLM has friends that are criminals and that those criminals have family members who are also criminals. I think that many of the people that TLM knew were criminals, is Derstine going to bring them all in? I would think he'd have to have more than those letters to do that.

Since drug trafficking/dealing often involves organized crime I wouldn't be surprised to learn that MTR has connections to people associated with that type thing since at the very least we know MTR has been using and buying drugs for quite some time.

I think when it comes to the EOA thing, Derstine was just trying to point out as many reasons as possible that TLM is more of a criminal than MTR. That there is evidence she may be connected to organized crime, she has a record etc. They have to do that as much as then can because TLM's testimony is a big part of the case.

Now if Derstine had gone into more detail about her connections to EOA I'd agree with you, but I'd still think he would have asked about this when he had her on the stand. But he didn't.

If Derstine wanted to show a connection between Tara and TLM through organizations like this to back up his innocent dupe scenario, he would have asked Tara about that when she was up on the stand. But he didn't.

TLM isn't on trial, MTR is.

Was it actually mentioned anywhere why there is a four day break? It's not the first time they've done this during the trial. There was also a day that ended around 1:30 p.m. Just wondering if the defence can be "blamed" for the long weekend, or if maybe Judge Heeney just needed a break. Perhaps I missed something.

JMO

Was it actually mentioned anywhere why there is a four day break? It's not the first time they've done this during the trial. There was also a day that ended around 1:30 p.m. Just wondering if the defence can be "blamed" for the long weekend, or if maybe Judge Heeney just needed a break. Perhaps I missed something.

JMO

Based on what we've heard, I don't see how the jury would blame the defence for the long weekend. Unless the defence asked for more time, but I don't think we heard that.

ETA: Regarding the bolded part.... You never miss anything Ms. Antiquegirl :)

Everyone keeps saying that TLM isn't on trial here, MTR is. But TLM's credibility is very much on trial here. Her testimony is a crucial piece of evidence against the accused and the basis for almost everything. Without her confession, MTR may never have been caught. If, as the Crown alleges, these two people worked as a team, then you can't try MTR without bringing TLM into it. She is the only witness still alive who can verify or deny what truly happened on April 8, 2009. It is the job of the Crown and the defence to convince the jury whether or not to believe TLM's testimony, which parts of it, and why. And that means that she needs to be discussed here. MTR and TLM are inexorably linked for the duration of this trial and that just can't be avoided or denied.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member