trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said Travis was emotionally abusive to Jodi - that she knew of. But he did use her for sex and say cruel things about her behind her back. He also kept trying to talk his ex-girlfriend into marrying him while at the same time having sex with Jodi that the ex never knew about.

That's emotionally abusive though on the mild scale and the type of stuff that we all probably have experienced at one time or another. The Hugheses did say to him that he treated Jodi badly in how he used her for sex. ANd he also treated his ex badly by talking marriage with her while not letting her know anything about what he was doing with Jodi.

He wasn't a squeaky clean saint. But he was pretty average for most guys at least those outside his religion.

But none of this at all justifies what Jodi did to him even before she killed him... the stalking, the snooping, the sneaking in his house and hiding to spy on him, the inviting herself where she wasn't wanted and refusing to leave, the harrassment of the other women around him, etc.

And none of this has one single thing to do with Jodi's claim that he physically abused her because though he did use her and treat her rather badly, he basically took what she threw at him since she was the sexual aggressor throughout the relationship, and whether or not he treated her badly emotionally, it has NOTHING to do with physical abuse and her claim that she had to kill him because he was physically abusive to her.

Travis never physically abused anyone, and we all know - including that biased woman droning on and on and on on the stand - that physically abusive men physically abuse all the women they have relationships with as long as they stick around long enough. Of all the women that Travis dated not a single one claimed any kind of abuse from him whatsoever

It doesn't matter if he even was horribly emotionally abusive toward her (which he wasn't) - that has NOTHING to do with physical abuse that she claims he did to her and why she had to kill him, and she's the single only person that ever claimed any physical abuse by him and only since her latest story trying to weaslee out of his cold blooded murder. The ONLY thing that ALV can possible point to as any evidence of physical abuse by Travis is the lying words of Jodi the lying liar who lies.

Great post! You know, 25 years ago when I was in my early 20s I had a huuuuuge crush on a guy who fiiinaaaally asked me out. I was in heaven. We went on three dates; he casually mentioned an ex-girlfriend was calling and bugging him. Then he stopped calling. Three months later he was engaged to her. :sigh: I was crushed! I would drive through Valley Forge Park because I knew he biked there. I could see his apartment from there and would look at it with yearning. It took a long time to get over him. I was thinking the other day about him...never ever ever ever in a million years would I have thought to sneak in his apartment, find out where the girl lived and confront her, or anything of the sort!! That's what set's Jodi apart. She was a s-t-a-l-k-e-r! OK, I did look up where he lived and 20 whole years later drove by his house. :giggle: . But I swear I didn't even think of looking for a doggie door! :eek:

When you figure that 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 4 boys have been molested, it's a good bet you'll hook someone on the jury if you can get that story out there.

Where did you get those stats? <modsnip>

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

There are indeed snippets of truth here which send chills down my spine. In my mind he was down on his knees while she was stabbing him in the back. I believe that she is saying blood is all over the place before having seen the crime scene photos. Based on the interview, she does remember things, which makes this memory loss on the stand all that more despicable.

Yes, my hinky meter started ringing when she said that... if you take out the presence of these invaders, the story she tells is IMO what really happened.

IMO Dr Drew has been exaggerating the truth and has lost any empathy for the emotionally ill JA. I have lost respect for Dr Drew lately. He almost seems to drool over all the sex in this case. almost creepy. and what does he mean that a cigar is only a smoke? If he is referring to bill Clinton, that is creepy!

You never heard that saying before? It predates Bill Clinton by a generation or two.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/12/just-a-cigar/

Um, was any of this substantiated? The defense has not been able to prove this. Don't you think the DT would have proved this if they could?

They tried to with a number of witnesses all of which ended up looking better for the prosecution. However, the ex-girlfriend's testimony about his always trying to talk her into marrying him while not telling her anything about the fact that he was having sex with Jodi, and his using Jodi for sex but saying not nice things about her behind her back are pretty rotten things to do. It's also extremely common for both men and women to behave this way.

So, whoopdie-doo, he wasn't a saint. Doesn't mean a dang thing as far as Jodi's claim that he physically abused her because he never did and never physically abused any woman whether he was dating them or not. And that's ALL THAT MATTERS in this case because it's PHYSICAL abuse that Jodi is claiming and why she "had" to kill him.

According to Deathpenaltyinfo - Capital cases cost 70% more than others.

In Maryland the average captial trial is $3 million
In Florida capital cases that end in execution cost an average of $24 million
In Texas a capital trial averages $2.6 million

So this cost seems pretty average - or below average.

Other statistics on that site don't make it sound particularly average:

Indiana - cost of average DP case: $449,887
Kansas - cost through appeals and execution: $1.26M
New York - projected cost through trials and appeals: $1.8M
Washington - DP adds $470K to costs of prosecution & defense; on direct appeal, $100K more for DP than non-DP
Federal cases - Average cost of defending a federal DP case: $620,932
Nevada - Cost to defend DP case $229,800 (public defender), or $287,250 (appointed counsel)

This case isn't even over yet and has already incurred 6 times the cost of a completed DP case in Nevada, 3 times the cost of a completed DP case in Indiana, and more than double the cost of a completed federal DP case.

And your Florida statistic leaves out this important sentence: "This finding takes into account the relatively few inmates who are actually executed, as well as the time and effort expended on capital defendants who are tried but convicted of a lesser murder charge, and those whose death sentences are overturned on appeal."

Right so basically they are saying she emailed jodi saying Travis was abusive?

I will believe it when I read them or hear it from the Hughes mouth.

This is the guy they told to ditch jodi and they didnt want her near their kids?? So she overheard,well when I say overheard I mean eavesdropped and had a hissy fit??

i hope right now ALL the jurors are saying to themselves as they sit down to dinner :) "whatever BS was in that e-mail that the witness was obviously trying to read between the lines out loud....JM will clear it up" :snooty:

I never said Travis was emotionally abusive to Jodi - that she knew of. But he did use her for sex and say cruel things about her behind her back. He also kept trying to talk his ex-girlfriend into marrying him while at the same time having sex with Jodi that the ex never knew about.

That's emotionally abusive though on the mild scale and the type of stuff that we all probably have experienced at one time or another. The Hugheses did say to him that he treated Jodi badly in how he used her for sex. ANd he also treated his ex badly by talking marriage with her while not letting her know anything about what he was doing with Jodi.

He wasn't a squeaky clean saint. But he was pretty average for most guys at least those outside his religion.

But none of this at all justifies what Jodi did to him even before she killed him... the stalking, the snooping, the sneaking in his house and hiding to spy on him, the inviting herself where she wasn't wanted and refusing to leave, the harrassment of the other women around him, etc.

And none of this has one single thing to do with Jodi's claim that he physically abused her because though he did use her and treat her rather badly, he basically took what she threw at him since she was the sexual aggressor throughout the relationship, and whether or not he treated her badly emotionally, it has NOTHING to do with physical abuse and her claim that she had to kill him because he was physically abusive to her.

Travis never physically abused anyone, and we all know - including that biased woman droning on and on and on on the stand - that physically abusive men physically abuse all the women they have relationships with as long as they stick around long enough. Of all the women that Travis dated not a single one claimed any kind of abuse from him whatsoever

It doesn't matter if he even was horribly emotionally abusive toward her (which he wasn't) - that has NOTHING to do with physical abuse that she claims he did to her and why she had to kill him, and she's the single only person that ever claimed any physical abuse by him and only since her latest story trying to weaslee out of his cold blooded murder. The ONLY thing that ALV can possible point to as any evidence of physical abuse by Travis is the lying words of Jodi the lying liar who lies.

They used each other. She was well aware they were FWB and had no issues getting down and dirty. That isn't abuse. Cruel behind her back? Considering what he was dealing with and that he is now dead because of her, I am sure that anything he said was rooted deep in reality.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Mark Eiglarsh on Dr D show- re the witness - "There must be some REAL domestic abuse victims out there she could be counseling, surely?"

That won't be lost on the jury. One juror question was, 117. "Were you mad at TA while you were stabbing him?"
Other juror questions were:
46. "Why did you confront Travis after seeing him w/ another woman through his back windows if it was not due to jealousy?"
87. "What is your understanding of the word *advertiser censored*?" :facepalm:
106. "If TA wanted the sex convo recorded, why didn't he record it?"
107. "If you didn't want to be tied to a tree, why did you go and look for a place he could do that?"

Agree Allyne, besides I don't agree the little red riding hood scenerio was TA's . He said in an email something to the effect , you can just have **** tie you to a tree. IMO this was a JA fantasy.

Are we SURE this statement was made by Mr Hughes?

As much as I love this site, I have come across many statements that aren't fact. I think I even inadvertently perpetuated it once.

I'm beginning to question things without a link until it has been substantiated. JMO

I agree. I had a look at the facebook page. The state vs JA one. But uggh, they have changed the formatting on facebook and it's really hard when looking for 'a comment' lol Would like to know where the comment was posted.

Watching Dr. Drew, and I LOVE Mark Eiglarsh, but dang he needs a wardrobe consultant. His ties are awful :giggle:.

And your Florida statistic leaves out this important sentence: "This finding takes into account the relatively few inmates who are actually executed, as well as the time and effort expended on capital defendants who are tried but convicted of a lesser murder charge, and those whose death sentences are overturned on appeal."

...eh.... not exactly sure why you think these are "my" statistics.

I'm not even an American.

I googled them.

Whether they are accurate or not??? Sorry - I have no idea and nothing more to add.

They tried to with a number of witnesses all of which ended up looking better for the prosecution. However, the ex-girlfriend's testimony about his always trying to talk her into marrying him while not telling her anything about the fact that he was having sex with Jodi, and his using Jodi for sex but saying not nice things about her behind her back are pretty rotten things to do. It's also extremely common for both men and women to behave this way.

So, whoopdie-doo, he wasn't a saint. Doesn't mean a dang thing as far as Jodi's claim that he physically abused her because he never did and never physically abused any woman whether he was dating them or not. And that's ALL THAT MATTERS in this case because it's PHYSICAL abuse that Jodi is claiming and why she "had" to kill him.

I know he wasn't a saint, but my point was there's not proof he cheated on Jodi. Jodi herself says that they were not in a committed relationship while they continued to have sex.

My fave passtime as of right now is talking s6!t behind Jodi's back so I can't disparage anyone for that ;)

I'm sorry but I am so tired of hearing the talking heads say we can't fault the DT because the DT is just doing their job...it is not their job to distort reality, it is not their job to trick witnesses, to lie to witnesses, to mislead, etc... and it is not their job to stoop to the bowels ...they can make sure the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted, the constituition upheld, blah blah blah...but that's it...we have a heinous, brutal, tragic, gut-wrenching premeditated murder that the defendant has admitted to being responsible for...there are consequences....in our society it is minimum LWOP in most states

ALv today talked about physical discipline while JA was growing up and considered welts and wooden spoons excessive.

????

As a child in the 60's, we got the wooden spoon. I can remember getting jumpy when the drawer that held the wooden spoon was opened. IIRC, prevailing thought then preferred that over the direct contact of a hand?

I do think that it is important for this expert to put physical discipline within the context of prevailing thought at the time. Even schools in my childhood days meted out physical punishment, depending on the state.

There are indeed snippets of truth here which send chills down my spine. In my mind he was down on his knees while she was stabbing him in the back. I believe that she is saying blood is all over the place before having seen the crime scene photos. Based on the interview, she does remember things, which makes this memory loss on the stand all that more despicable.

Absolutely correct! Her story is true to the point (mostly) where she introduces the ninja. The story flows quickly, from memory. When she introduces the ninjas, the story stops flowing. She almost stops dead in her tracks to think of what to say next, repeats herself, etc. watch it keeping that in mind and you'll have a lightbulb moment.

Also, her behavioral tells are screaming! I wish I could see her facial expressions to see what micro expressions ages using.

I know others here have said the same thing and now I do agree, having watched her telling the Ninja story (I hadn't seen it before now). There are moments of truth in that story and it makes me so sad. The way she described TA, on all fours, screaming in pain, etc. Those parts of it are real. She incorporated that into her fable.... the more she speaks the more you can pick out nuggets of the truth.

yes, i agree with you 100% and it is real sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla