TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to find the interview (don't hold me to it) but I could swear Clint said he ONLY became afraid for Holly when the neighbor pulled up to report the scream that was heard (by he or his mom.) And then stopped in his tracks and dialed 911. Does anyone else recall this? This was AFTER talking to Mom at least once, if not twice, AFTER seeing blood, after getting his gun, IIRC. If I am not wrong, the blood, gun, and mom's panic did nothing to convince him of an emergency, only the report from the neighbor. And at that point, he decided to "preserve the scene."

Right you are. Even if Clint was not aware of the scream, he should have been aware that Holly was in danger.

jmo

Trying to respond to a few of the more recent posts, so this may seem jumbled.
As I recall, the neighbor's son was outside getting ready to leave for work when he heard a scream coming from the Bobo home at 7:40, he went to tell his mother who lives in another house on the same property and then left for work. That would mean the neighbor took roughly 15-20 minutes from being informed by her son of the scream and going to the Bobo home. Can add that to the list of odd things as well, but maybe we can assume KB had been talking with this neighbor over the phone, about the scream and possibly later on to go check on the house for her(why else would it take the neighbor that long to go to the house they heard a scream from?). This leads me to ask myself- If CB is a witness to everything unfolding and is relaying information to his mother, who is then relaying information with the neighbor and if CB is there and the neighbor is asked to go to the house, why the need for KB to rush home unless she already knew something VERY BAD had happened. This ties back into the motherly instinct quote. I can't help but think CB witnessed so much more than we have been led to believe, his actions really do seem like somebody who did everything they could do while keeping a distance. I also can't shake the feeling that CB quote about HB, that she probably was not coming back anytime soon, means that he already knew she was taken against her will, add the other quotes that he later learned HB was threatened and in fear of her life, was trying to preserve a crime scene, etc..., it seems to add up in my book that CB witnessed more than we are aware of.
I brought it up yesterday, if in this timeline all these things happen and in the end of all of it, how exactly did this chain of events lead to CB standing in the driveway with a phone and a gun in his hand dialing 911 as the neighbor pulls into the driveway?
The gun is for looking around and protecting yourself and the phone is for dialing 911. It does not seem as if CB did either in what anybody could consider a timely fashion. Just another oddity to throw up against the wall, but we better be careful because that wall has so much crap on it that it's about to fall over.

One random thing I think about in regards to CB and possibly hearing the scream, is if CB was sleeping in his room when the scream happened, where exactly is CB room in the house? If he has a window on that back side of the house where HB and camo man supposedly were, I can't understand how he did not hear a scream unless their walls are bank vault thick.
Also, it still strikes me as being so strange that the simplest info like where CB room is in the house, or clarifying the attached garage structure is kept secret with all the kings horses and all the kings men guarding it. Maybe that type of info being well known would break the accounts we have been given of that morning. I just hope that in this case, all the kings horses and all the kings men can put humpty back together again.

I just want to say that I am baffled by what is happening here in west Tn.
Smalltowns to boot!
I guess I am just crazy enough to hope that Holly is still alive.
What a Christmas season for this family!

I'm not clear on where investigators, the family, the neighbors, etc. thought the scream came from. Was it the garage before the perp and Holly walked to the woods or was it after they entered the woods? Has that information or speculation been published anywhere?

I'm not clear on where investigators, the family, the neighbors, etc. thought the scream came from. Was it the garage before the perp and Holly walked to the woods or was it after they entered the woods? Has that information or speculation been published anywhere?

I think it was just the direction of the Bobo home...and that there are few other homes it could have come from, if any, that made the neighbor worry and contact Mom. But if it was Holly, it must have been very near the home, as she would have still been right there at that time, "talking" with the abductor, from what we know...JMO

I think it was at 7:40 when the sream is heard, so that was before they entered the woods. Clint saw them at 7:55? going into the woods.

Regardless of weather the story makes sense or not, what concerns me most is a feeling LE was just not equipped to handle this case, and may have lost valuable evidence and time. Not necessarily their fault, but it sadly may be the reason this case will remain unsolved.

We know of cases (Jon Benet Ramsey, Natalie Holloway, Morgan Harrington), where the immediate LE responders did not work the crime scene the proper way, and the case is never solved because of evidence lost in those crucial hours following the crime. Just seems this might be the path this case is taking. I hope not!, and Maybe LE has much more then they have let on.IMO

I assume the scream happened at the start of the events. Karen said Clint did not hear the initial screams because he was asleep and with his bedroom door closed.

The neighbor (son of neighbor) who heard the screams said they were coming from the direction of the Bobo home

It seems likely Holly screamed before/after being accosed outside the family home, probably around her car in the back carport.

Clint heard voices OUTSIDE before he saw Holly and the suspect IN the family's garage.

I assume the scream happened at the start of the events. Karen said Clint did not hear the initial screams because he was asleep and with his bedroom door closed.

The neighbor (son of neighbor) who heard the screams said they were coming from the direction of the Bobo home

It seems likely Holly screamed before/after being accosed outside the family home, probably around her car in the back carport.

Clint heard voices OUTSIDE before he saw Holly and the suspect IN the family's garage.

It makes no sense to me, for an abductor to take her IN the garage rather than trying to whisk her away in a hurry, unless it was someone she knew who wanted something that he knew was in that garage. Just my opinion.:banghead:

It makes no sense to me, for an abductor to take her IN the garage rather than trying to whisk her away in a hurry, unless it was someone she knew who wanted something that he knew was in that garage. Just my opinion.:banghead:

Me, either. I was looking at an arial view of the home yesterday. It looks to me like there is an addition that juts out a ways from the front of the house, like perhaps that is the garage that was converted into another room. Then there is a carport in the back on the same side that looks to be attached to the house as well, and possibly a kitchen or some other room between those two additions. So it makes absolutely no sense to me why the intruder would even be in the "garage" unless Clint meant the carport. I know many people refer to a carport as a garage when it is attached to the house. And if the garage had been converted to a bedroom, family room, whatever... why would they still call it a garage?
My SIL and her hubby just built a house a few years ago. It has a sort of carport/breezeway between the garage and the house, open on the front and back sides. They don't use the garage to park vehicles though, the carport is big enough for 3 vehicles, so the "garage" is more of a storage room.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the intruder was ever in this converted garage, I think he accosted her as she was going to her car, which was parked either in the carport or close to it, and that carport was where Clint saw them first, and then as he led her into the woods.
Also John-somebody on HLN said yesterday that the reason why LE wouldn't let anybody go into the woods until the K-9's arrived was so as not to confuse the dogs' scent trail. Too many people roaming through those woods would throw them off.

Me, either. I was looking at an arial view of the home yesterday. It looks to me like there is an addition that juts out a ways from the front of the house, like perhaps that is the garage that was converted into another room. Then there is a carport in the back on the same side that looks to be attached to the house as well, and possibly a kitchen or some other room between those two additions. So it makes absolutely no sense to me why the intruder would even be in the "garage" unless Clint meant the carport. I know many people refer to a carport as a garage when it is attached to the house. And if the garage had been converted to a bedroom, family room, whatever... why would they still call it a garage?
My SIL and her hubby just built a house a few years ago. It has a sort of carport/breezeway between the garage and the house, open on the front and back sides. They don't use the garage to park vehicles though, the carport is big enough for 3 vehicles, so the "garage" is more of a storage room.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the intruder was ever in this converted garage, I think he accosted her as she was going to her car, which was parked either in the carport or close to it, and that carport was where Clint saw them first, and then as he led her into the woods.
Also John-somebody on HLN said yesterday that the reason why LE wouldn't let anybody go into the woods until the K-9's arrived was so as not to confuse the dogs' scent trail. Too many people roaming through those woods would throw them off.

bbm....they covered Holly's case on HLN yesterday? Was it JVM? Nancy Grace?
If so, I'll go look for the transcripts. Knowing which show would help. Thanks

Hypothetical:
Let’s say Clint was aware of the scream (either his mother told him [which is very likely by the way] or he heard it himself). Now what? Clint is now aware that Holly is in a dangerous situation. And what does he do next: He gets instructions from his mother to get a gun, which he does. He then goes out into the yard and gives his attention to the neighbor who drives up. So he never attempts to rescue Holly? Why not?

jmo

I also think it is likely IF there was a scream Clint also heard it, even if it was part of the "dog barking" sound.

I am a big city girl so I may need some help understanding this, but is it normal for a mother to simple tell her son to get the "Gun" to go after someone. I find it curious that gun use is that common place outside of "hunting". Furthermore,I wonder what KR actually wanted Clint to do with that gun. I mean it was probably likely "camo guy" had a gun, so how would Clint save Holly without putting his own life in jeopardy. Maybe that is the reason Clint never did anything with it---maybe he realized Mom was not thinking too straight. Clint 's only option would have been to shoot the perp, and from a distance. I am sure he was not a sniper and let's face it he would have to be to pick camo guy off without killing his sister.

I guess for me it makes sense that Clint "just got the Gun" like mom said, but what to do with it--not too clear. :waitasec: JMO

Well we do not know how they got in the garage. Holly could have tried to run in after the scream and was perhaps injured in the garage since thats where the blood was found. Perhaps she was punched and fell down. That would account for the kneeling figures Clint saw. Maybe the suspect did not know Clint was at home as was taking Holly back into the house, out of sight and was disturbed by Clint or the barking dog...

Since we do not seem to know all of the details about what happened or what Clint saw or why he acted the way he did... we can only guess as to what transpired. But he did say he heard voices outside THEN saw the silhouettes inside. meaning at some point in between when Clint got up and when he looked into the garage, Holly and the suspect had gone in there.

I also think it is likely IF there was a scream Clint also heard it, even if it was part of the "dog barking" sound.

I am a big city girl so I may need some help understanding this, but is it normal for a mother to simple tell her son to get the "Gun" to go after someone. I find it curious that gun use is that common place outside of "hunting". Furthermore,I wonder what KR actually wanted Clint to do with that gun. I mean it was probably likely "camo guy" had a gun, so how would Clint save Holly without putting his own life in jeopardy. Maybe that is the reason Clint never did anything with it---maybe he realized Mom was not thinking too straight. Clint 's only option would have been to shoot the perp, and from a distance. I am sure he was not a sniper and let's face it he would have to be to pick camo guy off without killing his sister.

I guess for me it makes sense that Clint "just got the Gun" like mom said, but what to do with it--not too clear. :waitasec: JMO

Lots of people have guns for protection and self defense and defense of their property. Actually if Karen told Clint to get a gun and go look for Holly thats about the most NORMAL thing anyone did or said that morning. To me it is not unusual or abnormal, especially for 1) the South and 2) a rural area.

Lots of people have guns for protection and self defense and defense of their property. Actually if Karen told Clint to get a gun and go look for Holly thats about the most NORMAL thing anyone did or said that morning. To me it is not unusual or abnormal, especially for 1) the South and 2) a rural area.

Really?? So how does that work within the law? LOL!! Karen would of expected Clint to actually "shoot" someone or "kill"them? I just find that bazaar!! I guess that is what they mean with"taking the law in ones hand" huh?

So now considering this information why do you suppose Clint never ran after them to save Holly? :waitasec:Too late to help her?

Really?? So how does that work within the law? LOL!! Karen would of expected Clint to actually "shoot" someone or "kill"them? I just find that bazaar!! I guess that is what they mean with"taking the law in ones hand" huh?

So now considering this information why do you suppose Clint never ran after them to save Holly? :waitasec:Too late to help her?

Couple of things here (IMO):
1) You have the right to defend yourself if you are threatened in a physical manner especially on your own property, and if a family member is being physically accosted right in front of you, I believe you have the right to defend that person’s life as well. (You don’t have the right to kill someone just because you feel threatened, however if that other person has a weapon, well, bombs away.)
2) Do you know the old saying, “I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6”? See above No. 1 for a defense.

(By the way, I hate guns. However, in the world we live in it seems we at least need to arm ourselves for “bedroom defense” or just get a BIG dog.)

Also, it seems to me that the way Clint behaved (or not behaved) he was scared sheetless. It makes me believe that the perp had a weapon (gun).

jmo

OT In one of the larger cities in the south, I know someone who was robbed at gunpoint at an ATM. As they drove off, he got into his car, in which he had a gun, and pursued them. As he is pursuing them, he spots a police car, he jumps out of his car, gun out, runs to the police car, taps on the window and says something to the effect of" I was robbed they went that away". The policeman says jump in, he did, and they went to look for the robbers.
Yes, my mouth was hanging open after he told us , but being here 25+ years, a story like that wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member